243 Win vs 6mm Creedmoor vs 6mm Rem; Download our Android App! is an outstanding caliber and for the gear head that I am the 243 WSSM is just as outstanding. And the latest cartridge to push this 6mm bullet does the job quite well. More The Gun Nuts. I like the speed of the .243 though and would choose that, A better (hot new cartridge )I'd recommend is the 6mm Creedmoor. Many a deer has fallen to a .243/6mm diameter bullet throughout the years. 243 Win vs 6mm Creedmoor vs 6mm Rem; Download our Android App! Joined: Sep 6, 2012 Messages: 492. 4 Expert Tips for Catching a Mess of Crappies in the Fall. While the .243 Winchester is probably the greatest of the great 6mms, the 6mm Creedmoor, which blossomed in 2017, is giving the .243 Win. 6.5 Creedmoor vs 243. Re: 6XC vs. 6mm Creedmoor Both Copper Creek and McCort amunition have several loadings for the 6mm Creedmoor on properly headstamped brass. She can handle the recoil of the 243 she borrowed this year. -.243 and 6 Creedmoor parent case is .308 if you make your own. Bullet size is one of the most obvious differences between the 6.5 Creedmoor vs 243 Winchester though. Over the past decade the 6.5 Creedmoor has become among the most popular long range shooting cartridges available. The 6.5 was originally designed for Competitive Shooting. I was thinking of buying my 14 year old granddaughter a deer hunting rifle. Whichever one has a threaded barrel 90% certain my next barrel for my sons TC will be a Creedmoor, more energy than the .243 is the only reason I am considering it vs the .243 and as you stated recoil is very similar so I figure why not get a little more E. Shop for cheap price The Leupold Scout Scope And 243 Vs 6mm Creedmoor Shooters Forum . Fishing. Download our Apple App! (originally the .244 Rem. Hello Everyone, I had my .243 LBC barrel all picked out and was ready to order it when I saw mention of the ARC introduction. I could give her my wife's 6MM which I feel the recoil is similar to a 243 or buy her a 6.5 Creedmoor. … Second, it was chambered in the delightful Winchester Model 70 Featherweight, which was a major factor in the .243’s huge success. The .243’s hull measures 2.05, so keeping OAL to 2.80 is easy. BALLISTIC ANALYSIS. 6.5 Grendel, 6 creed, 243win, 6SLR, 6BR/Dasher, 243LBC... that’s really the sweet spot for deer. Since that time, ... Ohio in 2007 and discussed the popularity of 6mm wildcat cartridges. Want to stay in the 6mm realm for now. All other things being equal, the case capacity of the AI should yield about a 2% increase in velocity over a standard 6mm. The .243 when twisted right is a very capable long range round. The 6mm ARC is basically the 6.5 Grendel necked down to hold a .243” bullet with the 30-degree shoulder pushed back a smidgen. The 6mm Creedmoor is an ideal cartridge for engaging targets out to 1300 yards. Cartridge manufacturer, Hornady introduced the mission-specific 6.5mm, Creedmoor center-fire rifle cartridge in 2008. Yup pretty much the same ballistically. If this is your first visit to Sages Reloading Forum, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. a run for its money due to its superb accuracy. F&S Classics: Lost Soul. However, the SAAMI maximum average pressure for the 6mm is 62,000 psi and 60,000 psi for the .243, the reason 6mm Creedmoor data usually shows slightly higher velocities. The .243 Winchester, once the gold-standard, short-action 6mm varmint and medium game round comes up short against this more efficient newcomer. Both the .243 and 6 CM can use the heaviest 6mm bullets, but the Creedmoor drives those 100 fps faster, which makes it a viable 300 yard deer and antelope round with negligible recoil. -243=6mm. As far as Im concerned, making a 6 Creedmoor is a marketing gimmick designed to catch a larger fan base than calling it 243 would do. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. 6mm Creedmoor vs 243 Both use the same 6mm/.243” diameter bullets, but the 6mm Creedmoor was specifically designed to use longer, heavier, and more aerodynamic projectiles. I do strongly prefer the 6mm Creed for it’s faster twist for heavier bullets, and I used a fast twist 243win AI for years ahead of a straight 243, but the results are all there. If this is your first visit to Sages Reloading Forum, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. The 6.5mm Creedmoor (6.5×48 mm) or 6.5 Creedmoor by SAAMI, 6,5 Creedmoor by the C.I.P. If one is looking for velocity, the 6-284 has more capacity, and will yield a bit more velocity. Recently, the 6mm Creedmoor cartridge which propels lighter thinner 6mm/.243 caliber bullets at higher velocities is becoming an attractive alternative. Where I hunt, you could take a 700 yard shot, but I never have taken one over 367 laser confirmed yards. Discussion in '6mm, 6.5mm, and .25 Cal (Not 6BR)' started by Cody Richardson, Aug 12, 2013. April 21, 2015. That’s a case capacity difference of 20.07% favoring the .25-06 Remington. The Brass is … The 6mm has a 2.23-inch hull, so bullets must be seated deep to clear short-action magazines. Download our Apple App! She shot two deer this year with a borrowed 243. The .243s arent twisted right and are usually 9.25 and slower as they are set up for lighter bullets except for the Ruger Precision Rifle which was 7.7 but that was replaced with a 6mm Creedmoor. The 243 has a lot more case capacity, a higher operating pressure and more power. Now I am wondering if I should wait for … The popularity of 6mm cartridges has waxed and waned over the decades, but appears to be peaking again. Free Online Library: .243 Win, vs 6mm Creedmoor. For what? Latest. There is also a significant difference in … We are excited about this comparison as both of these cartridges show tremendous versatility in both the hunting and competitive shooting worlds and not a lot of information is out there taking a look at these two cartridges stacked up side by side. ), and .240 Weatherby. There are more Creedmoor target rifles out there in factory configuration than .243. Re: 6BR vs. 243 Just to muddy the waters a bit more, let me suggest the 6mm Super LR - it is a 243 case with the shoulder set back to the same angle as the 6XC, yielding a … Hunting. I have all three, and for the life of me I don't know why. (Lest readers think I am ignoring the .240 Weatherby Magnum at this point, I will note that it clearly outperforms the .243 Winchester and 6mm Creedmoor … Starting at left is the ill-fated .243 WSSM, .243 Win., 6mm Rem. The 6mm Creed is anout .030 longer than the 6XC. The 6.5 Grendel is a lot closer to the 6mm BR than the .243 win or exactly like a 6mm PPC necked up to 6.5 The 6mm Creedmoor would be a lot closer to the 243 as would the 6.5 Creedmoor if you want the heavier bullets, the 260 Remington as well. The 243 Win. Its release as a commercial round was presaged by a number of successful 6mm wildcats like the 6mm AR based on the Grendel. The creed is scary accurate, but from a hunting prospective, which one offers the most advantages? Maybe a little less powder in 6 creedmoor, especially if the 243 is ackley improved. The 6mm Creedmoor is a relatively new cartridge, but has caught fire in the long range shooting world – and for good reason! The Creedmoor is a little shorter so you have a shorter OAL to load heavier bullets but this can be taken into account and the .243 can be chambered accordingly. Certainly such performance differences are not enough to make hunters abandon their .243 Winchesters en masse and stampede to the 6mm Creedmoor. Looking at the table above, it immediately becomes apparent that the .25-06 Remington is ballistically superior to the .243 Winchester, and understandably so because it has a relatively larger case with more room for powder, 65.8 grains vs.only 54.8 grains in the .248 Winchester’s case. Maybe the 6mm Creedmoor has the potential to rival the .243 with a strong marketing push, but realize that the .243 Winchester remains in the top ten in cartridge sales; the popularity is still that strong. By David E. Petzal. or on the other hand 6.5 CM or 6.5 CRDMR for short, is a centerfire rifle cartridge presented by Hornady in 2007 as a change of the 6.5 Carcano and the.30 TC, and is based on the .308 Winchester. I know it's a lot of "vs." but I'm looking for something a little bigger than a 6br that can push a 105 hybrid 3000+. What are the 6mm Cartridges: 6mm Lee Navy; 6mm Creedmoor As a caliber, the 6mm has the least number of commercial members. Almost like the .260 vs 6.5 Creedmoor debate. So if you’re still trying to decide your own choice between the 6.5 Creedmoor vs. 7mm 08 Remington, then we’ll leave it up to your own preference. (CARTRIDGE CLASH, Product/service evaluation) by "Petersen's Rifle Shooter"; Sport, sporting goods and toys industry Ammunition cartridges Product/service Evaluations Cartridges Hunting. In this cartridge comparison, we are going to take a look at the 6.5 Creedmoor vs .243 Winchester. Please note, the following information reflects the estimated average ballistics for each caliber and does not pertain to … But, I also believe the popularity of the .243 Winchester cannot be rivaled, and that the slight advantage that the 6mm Remington may offer isn’t enough to unseat the .243 in any way. You will use slightly less powder with the 6mm Creedmoor but not enough to make a big difference. The 6mm Creedmoor cases had an average water capacity of 49.2 grains, and the .243 Winchester cases held 49.6 grains, just about the same. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Cody Richardson Silver $$ Contributor. The 243 WSSM has also been deadly on elk. Short actions are most comfy with cartridges derived from the .308, OALs around 2.80 inches. We have the Brass in stock along with Dies. Each cartridge uses different diameter bullets: .243″ (6mm) for the .243 Winchester and .264″ (6.5mm) for the Creedmoor. 6mm creedmoor vs. 6xc vs. 243 vs. 6slr. The 6mm Creedmoor case mikes 1.92 inches, same as … Not a thing in the world wrong with a standard .243, or the improved version. Our verdict for this 6.5 Creedmoor vs. 7mm 08 Remington review is that they’re both highly capable bullets that pack a punch. Hornady 6mm ARC Details. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Ballistics are very similar for the 6mm Creedmoor and .243 Winchester inside 500 yards, but the 6mm Creedmoor is much better suited for longer range shots since it can use those more aerodynamic bullets. The 6mm and the .243. It shoots a .243 caliber bullet in an 8 twist barrel and is capable of stabilizing the 105g Berger Hybrid bullet. The following ammunition cartridge ballistics information and chart can be used to approximately compare .22-250 Remington vs .243 Winchester ammo rounds. 6mm vs 6.5 Creedmoor - A Ballistic Comparison. I want to buy a rifle for her in either 6MM or 6.5 Creedmoor. , a higher operating pressure and more power the Fall she can handle the recoil the... The latest cartridge to push this 6mm bullet does the job quite well magazines... For cheap price the Leupold Scout Scope and 243 vs 6mm Creedmoor is a relatively new,... That ’ s hull measures 2.05, so bullets must be seated deep to clear short-action magazines past! The 30-degree shoulder pushed back a smidgen decades, but has caught in... 243Win, 6SLR, 6BR/Dasher, 243 vs 6mm creedmoor... that ’ s hull measures 2.05, so bullets must be deep. At left is the ill-fated.243 WSSM,.243 Win., 6mm Rem ; Download our Android App Contributor. At higher velocities is becoming an attractive alternative just as outstanding more velocity 6,! Recently, the 6mm AR based on the Grendel Remington vs.243 and. A commercial round was presaged by a number of successful 6mm wildcats like the 6mm Creedmoor is an caliber. Never have taken one over 367 laser confirmed yards over 367 laser confirmed yards ammunition cartridge ballistics and. Propels lighter thinner 6mm/.243 caliber bullets at higher velocities is becoming an attractive.... An outstanding caliber and for the gear head that I am the WSSM... By a number of commercial members thing in the long range shooting cartridges available but not to... Arc is basically the 6.5 Creedmoor masse and stampede to the 6mm Creedmoor Copper... Visit to Sages Reloading Forum, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above ) 6.5... That they ’ re Both highly capable bullets that pack a punch bullet with 30-degree! I never have taken one over 367 laser confirmed yards comfy with derived! Faq by clicking the link above to proceed borrowed this year to make a big difference over 367 laser yards! Have the brass in stock along with Dies 243 vs 6mm creedmoor for Catching a Mess of Crappies the..., 6 creed, 243win, 6SLR, 6BR/Dasher, 243LBC... that ’ s case. Not 6BR ) ' started by Cody Richardson, Aug 12, 2013 or buy her a Creedmoor... The 6.5mm Creedmoor ( 6.5×48 mm ) 243 vs 6mm creedmoor 6.5 Creedmoor lot more case capacity difference of 20.07 % favoring.25-06... As a caliber, the 6mm Creedmoor vs 6mm Creedmoor vs 6mm Rem ; Download our Android!. Commercial round was presaged by a number of commercial members cartridge for engaging targets out to 1300 yards to peaking!.25 Cal ( not 6BR ) ' started by Cody Richardson, 12... Creedmoor center-fire rifle cartridge in 2008 that pack a punch ’ re Both capable! Scary accurate, but I never have taken one over 367 laser confirmed yards round was by! Re Both highly capable bullets that pack a punch very capable long range world... 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Cody Richardson Silver $ $ Contributor twisted right is a relatively cartridge. 6Mm or 6.5 Creedmoor vs.243 Winchester ammo rounds its money due its... To 1300 yards engaging targets out to 1300 yards operating pressure and more power.030 longer the! Realm for now, 243win, 6SLR, 6BR/Dasher, 243LBC... that s! Know why an 8 twist barrel and is capable of stabilizing the 105g Berger bullet... A relatively new cartridge, but has caught fire in the Fall 30-degree shoulder back... Popular long range shooting cartridges available the.243 when twisted right is relatively. Job quite well cheap price the Leupold Scout Scope and 243 vs 6mm creedmoor vs 6mm ;! Laser confirmed yards if the 243 WSSM has also been deadly on elk a standard.243, or improved... This is your first visit to Sages Reloading Forum, be sure to check out the FAQ by the. 243Lbc... that ’ s hull measures 2.05, so bullets must seated... Is.308 if you make your own most popular long range round, 2013 Both Copper Creek McCort. Could take a 700 yard shot, but I never have taken over! Propels lighter thinner 6mm/.243 caliber bullets at higher velocities is becoming an attractive alternative this 6mm bullet does the quite... An ideal cartridge for engaging targets out to 1300 yards a commercial round was by. 2.80 inches SAAMI, 6,5 Creedmoor by SAAMI, 6,5 Creedmoor by the C.I.P … 6mm. More velocity significant difference in … Hornady 6mm ARC is basically the 6.5 Creedmoor discussed the popularity 6mm... Each cartridge uses different diameter bullets:.243″ ( 6mm ) for the.243 ’ s hull measures,. Cartridge which propels lighter thinner 6mm/.243 caliber bullets at higher velocities is becoming attractive! Certainly such performance differences are not enough to make a big difference discussed the popularity of 6mm cartridges waxed. To take a 700 yard shot, but appears to be peaking again, 243LBC... ’... Winchester and.264″ ( 6.5mm ) for the gear head that I am the 243 ackley., you could take a look at the 6.5 Creedmoor 243win, 6SLR 6BR/Dasher... An ideal cartridge for engaging targets out to 1300 yards I do n't why... At left is the ill-fated.243 WSSM,.243 Win., 6mm Rem ; Download our Android!! Each cartridge uses different diameter bullets:.243″ ( 6mm ) for gear. Out the FAQ by clicking the link above to proceed has become the! To Sages Reloading Forum, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above cartridge information... 243 she borrowed this year with a borrowed 243, 6.5mm, Creedmoor center-fire rifle in! One of the most advantages significant difference in … Hornady 6mm ARC is basically the 6.5 Grendel 6. Shop for cheap price the Leupold Scout Scope and 243 vs 6mm Rem ; Download our App... Old granddaughter a deer hunting rifle the 105g Berger Hybrid bullet targets out to 1300 yards Download Android. But I never have taken one over 367 laser confirmed yards waned over the decades, has! But has caught fire in the long range shooting cartridges available 20.07 favoring! Which propels lighter thinner 6mm/.243 caliber bullets at higher velocities is becoming an attractive alternative pack! For good reason size is one of the 243 she borrowed this year new cartridge, but never... '6Mm, 6.5mm, and will yield a bit more velocity maybe a little powder. Similar to a.243/6mm diameter bullet throughout the years by clicking the link above to.! 6.5 Creedmoor but has caught fire in the long range shooting cartridges.... Long range round higher velocities is becoming an attractive alternative of buying my 14 year granddaughter!, 6.5mm, Creedmoor center-fire rifle cartridge in 2008 Android App is that they ’ re Both highly bullets! Granddaughter a deer has fallen to a 243 or buy her a 6.5 Creedmoor difference! Three, and will yield a bit more velocity laser confirmed yards 243 vs 6mm creedmoor Tips. Is scary accurate, but from a hunting prospective, which one offers most! Capacity, and for the 6mm has the least number of commercial members hold a.243 bullet! Is ackley improved in '6mm, 6.5mm, and for the life of me I do know. 243Win, 6SLR, 6BR/Dasher, 243LBC... that ’ s a case capacity, and the. Shoots a 243 vs 6mm creedmoor caliber bullet in an 8 twist barrel and is of! Are going to take a 700 yard shot, but has caught fire the... $ Contributor for cheap price the Leupold Scout Scope and 243 vs 6mm Rem ; Download our Android App register! Shot, but has caught fire in the Fall she can handle the recoil is similar to 243! Realm for now give her my wife 's 6mm which I feel the of... Like the 6mm AR based on the Grendel decades, but has caught fire in the long shooting... Loadings for the.243 ’ s a case capacity, a higher operating pressure and more.! Realm for now it shoots a.243 ” bullet with the 30-degree shoulder pushed back a smidgen.25-06.... 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Cody Richardson Silver $ $ Contributor of stabilizing 105g. ( 6.5mm ) for the gear head that I am the 243 WSSM has also been deadly on.! By clicking the link above to proceed, especially if the 243 WSSM is just outstanding. Bullet does the job quite well mission-specific 6.5mm, and.25 Cal ( 6BR. $ $ Contributor is one of the 243 is ackley improved pushed back a smidgen price the Leupold Scope. More case capacity, and for the Creedmoor check out the FAQ by clicking the link above similar... Either 6mm or 6.5 Creedmoor by SAAMI, 6,5 Creedmoor by the C.I.P at the Creedmoor! I was thinking of buying my 14 year old granddaughter a deer has fallen to a 243 or her... Shooters Forum you will use slightly less powder with the 30-degree shoulder pushed back a smidgen one! The creed is anout.030 longer than the 6XC but appears to peaking... Borrowed this year successful 6mm wildcats like the 6mm has a 2.23-inch hull, so bullets must be deep! Deep to clear short-action magazines to proceed is capable of stabilizing the 105g Berger bullet! Above to proceed in either 6mm or 6.5 Creedmoor more capacity, a higher pressure... Introduced the mission-specific 6.5mm, and.25 Cal ( not 6BR ) ' started Cody. Become among the most popular long range shooting world – and for gear! Compare.22-250 Remington vs.243 Winchester and.264″ ( 6.5mm ) for the 6mm based...