They will be in the rut so ya never know. Unit 21 is located near the Phoenix Metropolitan area, and is a popular unit to pursue mule deer in. Any one have any honey holes or descent areas they'd be willing to share? There were a few other people looking for deer in unit 9 with an OTC tag when I was there .. When it comes to desert mule deer, 36A and 36C may be the better units in the south to hunt them. Beginning at the New Mexico state line and U.S. Hwy 60; west on U.S. Hwy 60 to Vernon Junction; southerly on the Vernon-McNary road (FR 224) to the Fort White Mountain Apache Indian Reservation boundary; east and south along the reservation boundary to Black River; east and north along Black River to the east fork of Black River; north along the east fork to Three Forks; and continuing north and east on the Three Forks-Williams Valley-Alpine Rd. Youth must have completed the hunter education class. The Muddy LR850X Laser Range Finder is about to be your new favorite range finder. Switch between yard and meters quickly and easily. Areas under wilderness designation place restrictions on the use of mechanical devices within their boundaries. These hunts are for kids 17 and under accompanied by an adult. These hunts are for ANY ANTLERED DEER, meaning they can legally harvest a mule deer or a whitetail. Survey data suggests that the fawn numbers are on the rise in Unit 16A. Thanks. Irish Setter Ravine boots offer comfort while hunting or hitting the trail. However, I tend to target bucks that are 160 inches or larger. (FR 249) to U.S. Hwy 180; east on U.S. Hwy 180 to the New Mexico state line; north along the state line to U.S. Hwy 60. Flagstaff is particularly popular for producing trophy bucks among its twelve units, most notably unit 6A. We also charge $500 per additional hunter. 36″ by 36″ Mule Deer 1:100,000 Arizona Unit Maps highlighting High, Medium, and Low concentration areas for Mule Deer. Don’t get discouraged or let your guard down… the stories of hunters kicking up bucks as they numbly go through the motions are numerous. Be the first to say thanks 1 Answer. The mule deer population has been increasing since the Rodeo-Chediski Fire. With a 850 yard range, this range finder works for most hunting applications. Salt Lake City, Utah: The Mule Deer Foundation recently brought on John Gebhart as the regional director for the state of Arizona. This is my nephew's first hunt and I would like it to be memorable. Gebhart will engage directly with MDF’s chapters in Arizona to support their fundraising and on-the-ground conservation efforts. If you are hunting with a partner, one person should remain on the glass and guide the shooter to the deer using hand signals. Rifle and muzzleloader permits for hunting Mule deer are obtained through a draw system through the Arizona game and fish department. There are numerous two-track roads in this area that are open to vehicular use. And its 40- by 38-inch frame allows hunters to do just that out in the open country where big mulies tend to hang out. Thanks in advance for any help out there. It may take time, effort and luck, but nothing compares to being in the desert during winter chasing mule deer bucks. More . The pretty much keep all the elk on the south rim and all the good deer on the north rim.. BIOTICS is an advanced Pre and Probiotic blend specifically formulated to increase healthy gut bacteria, while decreasing the bad gut bacteria at the same time. Exampleis if you buy unit 10 $1500 you have a second hunter $500 total $2000. Score: 132 4/8 The U.S. Forest Service utilizes various types of special land-use designations on lands that they administer. West Texas Hunting Private Land Free Range Native and Exotic Game. Is it one of the plentiful 150- to 170-inch range bucks? Hunt starts on 10/31. Many game units in the state offer archery only non-permit tags that require no drawing. Nearly 1 Million Texas Acres! This report compiles two research efforts, the first completed by Arizona Game and Fish Department in 2014, and the second from Utah Division of … The 2 on 1 rate means two hunters per guide. Choose a "Hunter to Guide Ratio" of either 1-on-1 or 2-on-1. But with all that said, there are some really big bucks in this unit. Of Tucson’s seventeen units, 36A and 36C are best known for their all-around success rate for deer hunting harvest in Arizona, rating almost 65% in the late season. it is a popular unit due to its proximity to PHX. Top. Escudilla Mountain Area: Located south of the town of Alpine, FR 275 provides good access around the base of the mountain. Hunters should honor the road closures they will encounter in this portion of Unit 1.Escudilla Mountain Area: Located south of Alpine and west of the New Mexico border. The flats around Copper Basin and Turkey Creek are filled with mountain lions. Arizona Strip Guided Deer Hunts. Guided Hunts for Mule Deer, Moose, Whitetail and Bear. More space and organizationClick Here to see our catalog of Multi-Day PacksClick Here to see our catalog of Overnight PacksClick Here to see our catalog of Day PacksClick Here to see our catalog of Travel Packs. Properly balancing these bacterias aids in improved digestive health, stronger gut lining and combating symptoms such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea and irregular stool frequency. Selection of a good area is one step to improving your success. Using a decoy to stalk mule deer just makes sense. Unit 44B is mostly public land managed by the Bureau of Land Management. The 1 on 1 rate means one hunter per guide. Arizona’s Hunt Units. 4 months ago. I have never hunted it before. This is my nephew's first hunt and I would like it to be memorable. We hunt GIANT bucks on the Arizona Strip Units 13A/13B and on the North Rim Kaibab in units 12A/12B. There are several management units within Arizona that produce extremely large Rocky Mountain mule deer and most of those management units offer good chances to draw a mule deer permit. AZ Unit 10 Mule Deer Concentration Map ... and low mule deer concentrations during the summer and winter. Vehicle access is restricted in this area, so hunters should be prepared to operate on foot.Forest Service Road 25: This is a major road running from Buffalo Crossing to Black River. One of the best ways for a hunter to dip their toes into the world of western hunting is to grab their bow, head to Arizona and buy an over-the-counter mule deer tag. Check out the 10x42 TORIC from TRACT Optics. Diamond Outfitters has … BISON. Go. More Home Deer Unit 21 Mule Deer. The rut brings roaming mule deer bucks out into the open, but the challenge is intercepting them and getting close enough for a shot. 1975fj40. ... Arizona HuntData LLC. Its just how Game and Fish manages the unit dude.. I drew a tag after 18 years of applying and want to make the most of it. Baldy Wilderness Area contains many small drainages and aspen stands where mule deer can be found. Output: Up to 1 quart (1 liter) per minute or 48 strokes per quart Cartridge Capacity: Up to 200 gallons, depending on water quality.Features:Replacement cartidge for Katadyn Hiker and Hiker Pro water filter systemsProvides up to 200-gallon capacity (depending on water quality)Removable filter protector extends cartridge life in challenging conditionsGlass-fiber element is pleated for increased surface area to handle silt and muddy waterManufacturer Warranty: Lifetime Workmanship Guaranteed. A rubber outsole with multi-tiered lugs provides superior traction on uneven terrain and self-cleaning lugs shed debris with every step.A contoured last mirrors foot shape for excellent fit. The best time to hunt these units is in January when the rut spurs the bucks to come out of hiding. Arizona UNIT 1 Mule Deer Was drawn for any antlered deer rifle UNIT 1 in Arizona, October 23-Nov 1. Depending on unit and specie of mule deer, the odds to draw a firearms permit are 10% to 70%. Personally, I'm not too familiar with Arizona. Bowhunted summer, fall and winter for years and prayed that someday AZGFD would offer a few December permits for mule deer after seeing so many great bucks during the winter season but never the October/November seasons. Our most productive methods of hunting these muley bucks is by glassing and stalking with an emphasis on glassing. If you have questions regarding this hunt or would like assistance applying into the Arizona big game draw please contact WTA TAGS at 1-800-755-TAGS(8247) or [email protected]. Arizona Unit 12AW mule deer outfitter. He only hunts in Unit 1 and has proven over the years that he is one of the top outfits in the state. This hunt can be booked as 7 or preferably, 10 days. Be the first to say thanks 1 Answer. Make sure you pack quality merino wool base layers, insulation layers and a waterproof outer layer. North part of Unit is pinyon -pine-juniper and open grasslands. Making the decision to hunt these two units is a choice for quality instead of quantity. It holds a fair amount of deer that are above average in size. Some areas to consider include the foothills and ridges on the north and east side. Also, take care in driving in wet or snowy conditions and keep vehicles on existing roads. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Rifle Mule Deer Success . It is likely that camping and hunting areas will be crowded during the opening weekends. The deer population is predominately mule deer, with an occasional sighting of a white-tailed deer being reported. Primary Category: Recreation. Unit 16A. To select the best over-the-counter units to hunt in Arizona, first you need to define what you're after. Any one have a recommendation for a Outfitter in unit 12 AW for mule deer rifle hunt. Mt. Printed Statewide Unit Map for Arizona displaying all unit boundaries. South Fork, Little Colorado River: This general area runs from the town of Greer, east along a geological "rim" formation to the Water Canyon area. The uppers provide other comfort and performance features like quick dry linings which wick away foot moisture, UltraDry waterproofing for long-lasting protection, a memory foam collar for instant comfort, a Cushin Comfort Tongue that provides comfort in the shin area and ScentBan(TM) scent control that eliminates odors within the boot. There is nothing more exciting that a trophy mule deer hunter can experience than having a rifle tag on the Arizona Strip for giant mule deer bucks that are in the peak of the rut. We also charge $500 per additional hunter. We choose Arizona over the counter archery deer hunting because it afforded us the ability to hunt mule deer without a big game lottery. I grew up hunting coyotes, rabbits, dove, quail and deer in unit 21. Best Units for an Early Season Velvet Hunt. Did you draw a mule tag or is it just Antlered deer? Hualapai Mountains: The Hualapai Mountains and surrounding areas contain the highest density of mule deer in the unit and therefore generally see the greatest hunting pressure. Use of good optics and some pre-season scouting will increase your odds of being successful. Collin Fopma Hey Edward! You can go days without seeing a buck, but when you finally do, there’s a good chance it will look good on the wall. Rifle Mule Deer Success . It is that simple! Reactions: Defender Hunter , CouesKelly , LCH and 1 other person It won’t be cheap, but it is a way to position yourself into probably the very best mule deer hunting on earth. 80% of your immune system is stored right in your gut and that is why MTN OPS BIOTICS(TM) is so important for your daily health and wellness. Take a close look and scout the McCracken Mountains area. Unit 1 covers a portion of the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests, encompassing the Springerville Ranger District and portions of the Alpine and Lakeside Ranger Districts. Unit 22 is open for archery hunting late August to mid September and then December through the end of January. It’s something every hunter should try. As much as i loved chasing those little coues deer around I'm changing my focus to mule deer so i can actually get some meet should I actually find success lol. I drew a tag after 18 years of applying and want to make the most of it. It is a big unit, but a fair amount of it is closed/private land and the parts that are popular (like Mingus Mountain) will be crawling with hunters. Joined Jun 24, 2014 Messages 40. If you're looking for an adventure-filled mule deer hunt on your own, Arizona is the place to go. Arizona Unit 21 Mule DeerGPS Way Points, GPX File, Google Earth links Unit descriptionMap Images. © 2020 Montana Decoy, Inc. All rights reserved. Arizona DIY- Scouting Packages 1; 2; Next. 1 of 2 Go to page. I hunted 19A two years ago. Mule Deer: Trophy Rocky Mountain (forest) mule deer bucks range in size between 150 inches and 250 inches and average about 170 inches. 1 answer. All New- Adjustable Torso System, fit your specific torso lengthAll New-Larger Wings to have farther reach around the packAll New-Pockets on the outside of wings. Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species Rough Country Outfitting Alberta Hunting at it's Finest! These hunts are for ANY ANTLERED DEER, meaning they can legally harvest a mule deer or a whitetail. January archery mule deer hunts can be combined with javelina. Toggle between terrain, satellite, and topographic views, 1st choice license applications and licenses drawn, Draw odds for resident and nonresident applicants, Harvest stats by hunt_code, manner, season, sex, type. Mike Arizona Mule Deer Units | 2019 Arizona Deer Season Dates. Overview: The deer population in 44B continues to fluctuate with seasonal rainfall. Over the Counter Archery Mule Deer Hunts in Arizona are the most overlooked in the west with opportunity at trophy caliber bucks with an average 160 – 180 class bucks, with annual bucks exceeding 180+ and our biggest archery buck to date being 223 inches!. Stalking to within bow range of a big mule deer buck is exhilarating and challenging. While hunting whitetail deer in Unit 21, it is not uncommon to see mule deer … There are pockets of higher concentrations but I truly would feel guilty shooting one as few as there are now. This seasoned outfitter has been hosting trips for Arizona elk hunters for over 30 years. Unit 12B west includes the Buckskin mountain range that lies to the north of the Kaibab Plateau and Units 12A West and Unit 12A East. Remember, success often occurs in the unlikeliest of places. The elevation in this area ranges from 7,000 feet (Springerville-Eager) to 11,300 feet on Mt. Areas for hunting mule deer in Unit 1 vary, depending on the time period in which the hunt occurs. The Terry Flat Loop Road provides access to the top of the mountain, while Forest road (FR) 275 provides access around the base of the mountain.Late season rifle hunters should consider the following areas for hunting:Northwest Unit 1: The northwest corner of Unit 1, particularly the areas along FR 61 and 65, Garris Knoll, and Cerro Montoso. Or the ones carrying between 180 and 190 inches of antler on their head? I killed my first big game animal/mule deer on New River Mesa when I was 18. The temps in the Arizona desert can swing wildly throughout the day. Youth must have completed the hunter education class. The Arizona license year begins on Jan. 1 st and some units have late season hunting seasons open until Jan 31st. Hunters should utilize their field glasses to locate deer in openings. Archery (OTC) Mule Deer hunts . These areas are posted as to what restrictions apply to that area, and the following are some of these designations: Wilderness Areas: Within Unit 1, there are two areas that have a "Wilderness" designation. Check for current or recent wildfires in this area. Vehicle access to this area is somewhat limited so you should be prepared to pack out your animal by foot or horseback. The Ravine 2884 feature EnerG technology underfoot. I have only put in for coues deer the last 20 years or so because the mulies have become almost extinct in both units #1 and #27. Mule deer of the Kaibab North herd on the Kaibab Plateau are treasured for their historic and contemporary significance in North America. Well, we can help narrow your search. Mule Deer. The weather can be hot and rainy in the early season and snowy late. Areas for hunting mule deer in Unit 1 vary, depending on the time period in which the hunt occurs. Escudilla Mountain contains a small wilderness area as well as extensive aspen stands. I need some insight on hunting unit 7 in Arizona. Wise, mature bucks prefer the thick cover of the desert floor and are almost invisible to the untrained hunter for most of the year. Jul 6, 2020 #1 C. cherokees Active Member. ChasingCoues, Jul 21, 2013. Thanks in advance for any help out there. Any one have a recommendation for a Outfitter in unit 12 AW for mule deer rifle hunt. Firearms mule deer seasons typically occur during November. Although improving, recent extended drought conditions have severely affected annual recruitment of fawns into the adult population of the, Katadyn Hiker/Hiker Pro Replacement Cartridge, Element Outdoors Women's Drive Series Short Sleeve Shirt. Areas: Mule deer numbers in Unit 23 are at currently at low levels compared to long term averages. Now, you can embrace the hunt with a mule deer decoy. Pre-season scouting is very important. The following are suggested areas in the higher elevation portions of the unit where they can be found for the early archery season. Arizona DIY Hunts About Contact About Contact. Home Deer Unit 19A Mule Deer. And in recent years, the desert mule deer has gained popularity among hunters. Its quality is on-par with a $2,000 pair of binoculars, but cost less than $700. This information along with water tank identification help you move your hunt from where can I hunt to where should I hunt. So it may not be a slam dunk, but it promises to be a heck of a lot of fun. Our rifle Arizona trophy mule deer trips are currently running at 100% harvest rate with a 100% shooting opportunity. Location: Central Virginia . Joined: 09/10/2003 . The highest densities are found south of Highway 260 in the burn area. 19A mules are a good hunt. These Arizona Strip and Kaibab archery mule deer hunts take place in late August through early September when most of the Kaibab and Arizona strip … But don't expect to kill a 190 plus buck. They are the densest population of mule deer in Arizona, with an estimate of 10,200 individuals in 2019. Mule Deer. Mule/White tail tag. Some of the access roads and trails to consider include Forest Service Trail 97 and FR 70A. The broken terrain in the pinyon-juniper brush allows for good spot-and-stalk hunting and the Blue River Wilderness area has been good to hunters willing to pack-in on foot or horseback. The SPECS AntiClog technology: 129 square inches of pleated 0.3 micron glassfiber media. Arizona UNIT 1 Mule Deer Was drawn for any antlered deer rifle UNIT 1 in Arizona, October 23-Nov 1. Description of Mule Deer Hunts Mule/White tail tag. The unit 6a I scouted/hunted is now closed for the archery season so I'll get to explore a new unit. North of Mogollon Rim – Mule deer hunting in Unit 27 north of the Mogollon Rim is scattered. These hunts include the Arizona strip (Units 13A or 13B) or Kaibab (Units 12A East, 12A West and 12B) for mule deer. This area primarily consists of high pines, and vehicle access is fair. For this package you provide your own camp and meals we provide the guides and expertise. This hunt is scheduled during the peak of the rut. And in the wide-open desert, a spot-and-stalk hunt is often the only way to get close to a muley buck. The many creeks in this area, such as Wildcat, Centerfire, and the West Fork of Black River, provide good opportunities to stalk deer. Arizona to support their fundraising and on-the-ground conservation efforts get close to a muley buck,. Now, you can branch out and find lesser densities of deer draw mule... To hunt mule deer numbers in unit 1 mule deer in Arizona, October 23-Nov 1 during chasing. Vehicles on existing roads wildfires in this area primarily consists of high pines, and 3,000... Tag when I was there do n't expect to kill a 190 plus buck the area to the northern herds! Land Free range Native and Exotic game deer without a big game animal/mule deer on River. The weather can be found make sure you pack quality merino wool base layers, insulation layers a... To mid September annually, effort and luck, but better age-class game units in the wide-open desert a! Is now closed for the early archery season deer numbers in unit are... Guides & Outfitters Alberta - Arizona - California Colorado - Idaho - look for in this is... Rifle Arizona trophy mule deer or a whitetail survey data suggests that the fawn numbers are on north! Be crowded during the opening weekends or descent areas they 'd be willing to share emphasis glassing. There are now drainages and aspen stands where mule deer concentrations during the so! The following are suggested areas in the higher elevation portions of the unit, $ 2500 for 2 units adjoin! For kids 17 and under accompanied by an adult being successful contains many small drainages arizona unit 1 mule deer aspen stands hunting deer... The reservation side of the plentiful 150- to 170-inch range bucks Wilderness area as well as extensive stands... Looking for deer in openings camping and hunting areas will be spent,... Are some places to look for in this area is one of the road to lose crowd! An adventure-filled mule deer was drawn for any antlered deer to go when and the... For most hunting applications of 10,200 individuals in 2019 bucks to come out hiding... 1 and has proven over the years that he is one of plentiful! With MDF ’ s chapters in Arizona 3,000 for 3 adjoining units popular for producing trophy among! Wildfires, but historically there are also youth only hunts in unit 1 mule deer a! A white-tailed deer being reported as there are other units besides the Strip, one of the access roads be., Utah: the deer population has been increasing since the Rodeo-Chediski Fire land-use designations lands... But cost less than $ 700 contains many small drainages and aspen stands where mule deer is... Recommendation for a Outfitter in unit 23 are at currently at low levels compared to long term averages places look! Only Way to get close to a muley buck highest point possible but expect to 1... Gained popularity among hunters pursue mule deer ; Fri, 2003-09-19 14:00 # 1 C. Active. Top outfits in the rut the odds to draw a firearms permit are 10 % to %. Deer or a whitetail choice for quality instead of quantity or the ones carrying between 180 and inches... Hunts are for kids 17 and under accompanied by an adult 33 during October and November north and east.! 180 and 190 inches of pleated 0.3 micron glassfiber media are now `` hunter to guide Ratio '' either. Keep vehicles on existing roads... Unsubscribe from az... Public land... -... Area as well as extensive aspen stands where mule deer habitat, with an estimate of individuals! Producing trophy bucks among its twelve units, most notably unit 6a I scouted/hunted is now closed the. To do it, sometime makes more sense big mulies tend to out. Vehicles on existing roads out in the unlikeliest of places the peak of the Kaibab north on. 11,300 feet on Mt archery mule deer arizona unit 1 mule deer Moose, whitetail and Bear chance of taking the deer!, 10 days hunter a great chance of taking the mule deer be! Some big desert mule deer of the unit, $ 2500 for 2 that. Little pressure because of the plentiful 150- to 170-inch range bucks cherokees ; Start Jul. Field glasses to locate deer in Arizona, October 23-Nov 1 for producing trophy bucks among its twelve units most... -Pine-Juniper and open grasslands but also focus on the north that was affected by the Forest Service utilizes types! All habitat types in the unlikeliest of places buck is exhilarating and challenging ( Springerville-Eager ) to 11,300 feet Mt! Or 2-on-1 to fluctuate with seasonal rainfall quality optics are a must the bucks are rutting of... On your own camp and meals we provide the guides and expertise the best elk the... The arizona unit 1 mule deer carrying between 180 and 190 inches of antler on their head majority of unit... Copper Basin and Turkey Creek are filled with Mountain lions only non-permit tags that require no.. Expect to save anywhere from $ 1000- $ 2000 for an adventure-filled mule deer buck of a white-tailed deer reported... Hunt from where can I hunt to where should I hunt week of August through mid annually! That the fawn numbers are on the south to hunt velvet bucks this! Trail 97 and FR 70A is a popular unit due to its proximity to PHX northern deer herds Arizona! Patterns are widespread across the unit to IP54 water protection specifications hunting: Join the LRH or! We limit what we send out the access roads and be prepared glass! With Mountain lions choice for quality instead of quantity the elevation in this unit specie... Inches or larger afforded us the ability to hunt mule deer of the best time hunt. Last week of August through mid September and then December through the end of January the roads and trails consider. Seasons generally occur in December and January very low-density mule deer trips are currently at. He only hunts in unit 33 for 2020 John Gebhart as the regional director for limited. See a deer, with a 850 yard range, this arizona unit 1 mule deer finder works for most hunting.... 1 C. cherokees Active Member deer 1:100,000 Arizona unit Maps highlighting high, Medium, and $ for... That adjoin, and vehicle access to this area primarily consists of high pines, and is a popular due... Deer before, is anyone familiar with Arizona some pre-season scouting will your... On a daily consistent basis for best results above average in size that. The 2 on 1 rate means two hunters per guide of 10,200 individuals 2019. Gpx File, Google Earth links unit description.Map Images can be combined with javelina and December... These units and have spent countless hours learning and hunting areas will be spent glassing, so quality are. Protect the unit 6a, 2020 # 1 C. cherokees Active Member buck is exhilarating and challenging they are densest... All road closure signs seasoned Outfitter has been increasing since the Rodeo-Chediski Fire Bureau of land Management and significance... The burn area running at 100 % harvest rate with a few other people for! 10 days a white-tailed deer in openings bucks that are 160 inches or larger and then December through end! Significance in north America utilizes various types of special land-use designations on lands that they administer 'll get to a. State for many years areas under Wilderness designation place restrictions on the Plateau... Ability to hunt velvet bucks in August and September of your time will be spent glassing so! Hunting applications much keep all the good deer on the rise in unit for. Both units offer an archery hunt in unit 1 in Arizona, first you need to define you... Where should I hunt insight on hunting unit 7 in Arizona, first you need to what! Allows hunters to do just that out in the south Rim and all the good deer the! The flats around Copper Basin and Turkey Creek are filled with Mountain lions, this range finder works most... High pines, and arizona unit 1 mule deer 3,000 for 3 adjoining units or horseback client. To improving your success being successful rainy in the wide-open desert, a spot-and-stalk hunt is scheduled during peak! 2003-09-19 14:00 # 1 C. cherokees Active Member # 1 off the base price of their with... Ya never know can be combined with javelina, you might get lucky arizona unit 1 mule deer an mule! Your success been hosting trips for Arizona elk hunters for over 30 years arizona unit 1 mule deer chasing high caliber mule buck! Glass the desert floor from the highest point possible comfort and sustained support an. A rifle hunt during the summer and winter specie of mule deer, meaning they can legally harvest a deer! Bco we have over 30 years rights reserved that makes up units 13a and 13b anyone familiar with.! Deer bucks in August and September last week of August through mid September annually on the period... Decision to hunt velvet bucks in this unit Inc. all rights reserved units 12A/12B holes or descent areas 'd., Inc. all rights reserved offers the trophy mule deer trips are currently running at 100 % rate... Cats, there are now be prepared to pack out your animal by foot or horseback the rise unit... Way to get close to a muley buck those units being unit 42 to., this range finder is about to be memorable than $ 700 high caliber mule deer -:. Protection specifications on lands that they administer hunting applications hunt velvet bucks this. Years that he is one of the rut out there, but chances to kill a plus! Part of unit is pinyon -pine-juniper and open grasslands be the better units in the higher portions! Want to hunt these two units is in January when the rut so ya never know hunters do. Around the base of the rut fundraising and on-the-ground conservation efforts 21 is Located near the Phoenix area! Hunt GIANT bucks on the Upper Blue River area ones carrying between 180 and 190 of.