(If you zoom in to my seat-mate, now standing in the back, you’ll see that her ass now occupies the space reserved for the face of the man still in 17C. New stretched and more powerfull development of CRJ-700 for 90 passengers. Are those seated closer to the restroom obligated to remain seated if they see someone getting up in front of them? So a line forms in the aisle. They have made many positive changes and this has lead to greater customer satisfaction. EN-US; DE; EN; FR; IT; Contact Us Search Query: Search. Point is, waiting in line to pee on a CRJ700 is actually worse than pissing your pants, as evidenced by the peaceful countenance of the soggy kid, sleeping across the aisle. Everyone who hadn’t yet peed was fumbling through a personal calculus involving time, space, bladder capacity, prior liquid intake, arrival time, and basic self-control. Soon, people realize the inevitable – we’re all going to need to urinate before landing – but not necessarily at the precise moment of our own choosing. To learn more about the Canadair Regional Jet 700 visit the following pages that cover certain areas of the aircraft. The Canadair Regional Jet has recently received some interesting upgrades that make it a much better experience for passengers. Their design was derived from the smaller CRJ100 and 200 airliners. After yesterday’s post, I’m worried about sharing as much as I already have. Range. } Karakteristično za ovaj avion je da zahteva samo 22m za radijus kretanja od 180 stepeni, tako da je praktičan i idealan za sve vrste aerodroma. The CRJ was Canada's second civil jet airliner after the single prototype of the Avro Canada C102 Jetliner (which never entered commercial service). The ground controller believed there was room for both aircraft to pushback. Not good. As more heads turn, more people realize their own need is identical to the need of those around them – and getting worse. They are just as safe as any other type of aircraft. The effect is interesting. Malo je veći i prostraniji od Canadair Regional Jet 100, sa većim rasponom krila i širom kabinom, kupatilom i kuhinjom. No doubt about it. If so, how much? Safety record of CRJ-100 jets among the best. Regional airliner. The woman standing at the back of the plane is about to piss her pants. }); I just recently found out that our flight from IAH-CHO and CHO-IAD is a prop plane. (function() { Anyway, the situation really devolved an hour ago, when the line grew to fifteen people. callback: callback Discover air safety incidents, accidents and plane crashes for the aircraft type Canadair CL-600 Regional Jet CRJ-701. Great Little Jet - Canadair RJ 700 Great quiet, small jet airliner with more leg room than the big jets, excellent short flight from Medford to Los Angeles, non-stop. Aviation Safety Network: Aviation Safety Network: Databases containing descriptions of over 11000 airliner write-offs, hijackings and military aircraft accidents. Safety & Security; EN-US . Poor bastards. First flight in 2001. Because the CRJ700 was designed by The Marquis de Sade. On a three-hour flight that was delayed on the tarmac for 35 minutes. Why? On 19 September 2008, A Mesa Airlines CRJ-700 making a night take off from Allentown in accordance with its clearance saw an aircraft ahead on the runway whilst accelerating at in excess of 100 knots and responded with a high speed rejected take off, clearing the other aircraft by an estimated 3 metres at approximately 40 knots. Type. on: function (event, callback) { } It’s a three hour flight, but it feels a lot longer. Thus, the fundamental certainty upon which all continence depends is suddenly compromised, and a series of unusual but pressing questions begin to form in the mind every traveler. When exactly, does one get up and join the line? Learn more about the safety record for Canadair CL-600 Regional Jet CRJ-701 In terms of the passenger experience, the Embraer feels more like a big jet than a regional jet. TravelBuzz - What can you tell me about a Bombardier Q200 or the Canadair Regional Jet 700? On 17 March 2017, a Bombardier CRJ 700 which had just landed on runway 35R at Lyon Saint-Exupéry was about to cross runway 35L as cleared when its crew saw the departing Airbus A319 on runway 35L accelerating towards their intended crossing position and braked to a stop before entering the runway. At the airport, they drink their breakfast beverages like it was any other day, enjoying their lattes and orange juice with impunity. Economy has 70 seats in a 2-2 config; this is pretty standard for these aircraft. Basically speaking - like Doug has written - the Canadair Regional Jet 700+-series got a superb safety record with nearly 800 left the production line accumulating millions of miles in the air without a major accident. The six crew members and 47 passengers were all killed in the crash. One bathroom for 74 people. Aug. 28, 2006 Updated: July 20, 2011 10:53 p.m. Facebook Twitter Email. Canadair CL-600 Regional Jet CRJ-700. Boeing, already struggling with safety problems that grounded its 737 Max airplanes, now faces the limited grounding of an older version of that key jet due to separate safety concerns. There’s only one bathroom on board, and it’s all the way in the back. On 16 October 2012, a Brit Air Bombardier CRJ 700 landed long on a wet runway at Lorient and overran the runway. Seating . According to witnesses, the aircraft caught fire and suffered in in-flight breakup before crashing into a frozen lake about two kilometers (1.3 miles) from the runway. In it, you’ll see all sorts of helpful illustrations regarding what to do in the event of an emergency. 2. Then they blithely board this long and skinny Tube of Despair with no sense of how a solitary toilet can conspire with a bad floor plan to humble the strongest among us. The aircraft sustained significant damage but none of the occupants were injured. The pushback procedure of the Boeing was performed without wing-walkers or tail-walkers. Bombardier Safety in Question after Latest Scare. Do women and children deserve some kind of deference? Why? On 20 July 2011, an Alliance Air CRJ 700 touched down over half way along the 9000 ft long runway at Kanpur after a stable ILS approach but with an unexpected limiting tailwind component and failed to stop before the end of the paved surface. Der Bombardier Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ), der ursprünglich Canadair CL-600 Regional Jet hieß, ist ein zweistrahliges Regionalverkehrsflugzeug des kanadischen Flugzeugherstellers Bombardier.Der Name deutet noch auf den ursprünglichen Entwickler Canadair hin. It was found that the TWR controller failed to ensure that the just-landed light aircraft had vacated the runway before issuing the take off clearance. event : event, Bombardier has stopped marketing the CRJ700 as the Canadair Regional Jet 700 and calls the aircraft the CRJ700. The American Airlines Canadair Regional Jet 700 features 63 seats in a 2 cabin configuration. If you mean canadair as in the Canadair Regional Jet (CRJ) then the answer is that it is fairly comfortable for short flights of an hour and a half or less. WALTER WOODS, Cox News Service. This page was last edited on 17 August 2015, at 20:58. Extended range version CRJ-900ER. Two people on the ground were also killed. If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user. Mutiny was out of the question, as the chop would have made hitting the toilet – even from a seated position – all but impossible. Seasoned travelers will immediately understand the implications, and behave accordingly. Canadair is now part of the Bombardier Group. Canada. The CRJ programme was acquired by Japanese … What is the proper protocol? One bathroom for 74 people. Country of Origin. The stampede toward the stern was immediate and chaotic. if (!window.mc4wp) { People needing relief look worriedly toward the back of the plane to see if the restroom is occupied. It’s not much better for the crew either. Economy has 55 seats in a 2-2 config; First class has 9 seats in a 1-2 config; this is pretty standard for these aircraft. But most of my fellow passengers do not possess the institutional knowledge required to endure three and a half hours on a CRJ700. Legroom-wise, the Economy pitch of Legroom-wise, the Economy pitch of On the Canadair Regional Jet 700 is refered to as the Bombardier CRJ700. The CRJ9 is … There’s only one bathroom on board, and it’s all the way in the back. So they stay seated, but they keep looking back every five seconds. https://www.seatmaestro.com/.../us-airways-canadair-regional-jet-700 Charter; Aircraft Guide; Commercial Jets; Regional Jets; Canadair Regional Jet 200; Canadair Regional Jet 200. Have fun. I know this because five minutes ago she crawled over me and said, “I’m sorry to disturb you Mr. Rowe, but I’m about to piss my pants.” Sadly, the kid across the aisle beat her to it. } window.mc4wp = { 3-4 hours. A context of deficiencies at the airport and at the Operator was also detailed and it was concluded that aquaplaning had occurred. Alas – there are no helpful tips for how to politely pee all over yourself and your neighbor. Number of engines . Economy has 48 seats in a 2-2 config; Premium economy has 16 seats in a 2-2 config; Business class has 6 seats in a 1-2 config; this is pretty standard for these aircraft. Desperate people who had been waiting in line – some for a half hour – had no choice but to follow orders. Not much you can do about turbulence on any aircraft, hopefully ATC will be … While the CRJ-700 is about the same size, it does very much feel like a regional jet. First delivery in 2003. Regional airliner. I found the seats a little more comfortable on the B-C side. window.mc4wp.listeners.push({ Some of the pilots may be new, but the captain had to fly for a very long time to get to that position. I have used CO's Embraer 145 Regional Jet and I find it tremendously better than the "rivet rattlers". About. On 13 January 2008, a Boeing 757-200 and a Bombardier CL-600 received pushback clearance from two adjacent terminal gates within 41 seconds. Once settled, many avail themselves of the beverage service, cruelly offered by a smiling flight attendant who must have surely known what would follow. Because the CRJ700 was designed by The Marquis de Sade. The whole plane smells of urine, and it’s not coming from the bathroom. The CRJ-700 holds about 70 passengers and is known for having especially quiet engines. The Bombardier CRJ (for Canadair Regional Jet) is a family of regional jets introduced in 1991 by Bombardier Aerospace.The CRJ was formerly manufactured by Bombardier Aerospace with the manufacturing of the first CRJ generation, the CRJ100/200 (introduced in 1991) and the second CRJ generation, the CRJ700 series (introduced in 1999). BOMBARDIER Regional Jet CRJ-900. Good manners and decorum were forgotten, as once civilized people scratched and clawed their way over the young and helpless, fighting backwards for a few private moments in a defiled outhouse 37,000 feet in the sky. Accidents & Serious Incidents involving CRJ7. Back when props ruled the regional skies, airlines touted the regional jet as a new era of jet speed and comfort to small cities. Details. During the procedure both aircraft were damaged as their tails collided. Plane crashes for airlines of … CRJ7 / A319, Lyon Saint-Exupéry France, 2017, https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php?title=CRJ7&oldid=111399. This controller was newly recruited and recently certified in-position after supervised experience gained almost exclusively during daylight hours. Those in line were the most desperate, and no doubt counting the minutes to relief. Bombardier's Canadair Regional Jet pioneered the new 50 seat jet class, and has since become a runaway sales success. You might be aware that Delta Airlines has been upgrading its fleet of planes since around 2016. The Investigation attributed the accident to poor decision making by the crew whilst showing signs of complacency and fatigue and failing to maintain a sterile flight deck or go around when the approach became unstable. The Bombardier CRJ700, CRJ900, and CRJ1000 are a family of regional jet airliners designed and manufactured by Canadian transportation conglomerate Bombardier and is part of the Bombardier CRJ aircraft family; this aircraft trio has been collectively marketed by the company as the CRJ Series. Had to book through American for the only direct flight to Los Angeles, after having a United flight CANCELED 2 … Bombardier CRJ-700. I have pictures, but out of respect, I’m not going to show you. - Next week we are flying UA JAX-IAD-CHO and back. Canadair Regional Jet 700 je konkretno dizajniran za letove kraće udaljenosti i vrlo je popularan među manjim avionima. })(); Listen to a new episode of Mike’s Podcast, Public Shaming ~ the liquor store inquisition, Mom and Dad, On Getting High and Eating Ham, and People, Unexpected Twists & Turns of My Modest Little Fundraiser. I can change my flight to remove the IAD-CHO Does one wait until one needs to go, or does one wait in a line of ever-changing length? The subsequent investigation attributed the event to the commanders continued attempt at a landing when a late touchdown became increasingly likely. I am terrified of flying on a plane like this. Canadair is now part of the Bombardier Group. } The aisles are so narrow it’s impossible to remain upright without invading the personal space of those still seated. Invariably, it is. The agony in the plane was palpable, and when the safety belt sign was finally turned off twenty minutes later, it was like a scene from Pamplona. The CRJ7 is a member of the CRJ family. As we flew through some very heavy chop, the Captain demanded everyone take their seats. It’s a three hour flight, but it feels a lot longer. Also, the bulkhead seats offer more legroom. I am terrified of flying on a CRJ700 2 cabin configuration turn, people... Alas – there are no helpful tips for how to politely pee all over yourself and your.... Većim rasponom krila i širom kabinom, kupatilom i kuhinjom CRJ-700 for 90.. About to piss her pants Facebook Twitter Email was derived from the.. A319, Lyon Saint-Exupéry France, 2017, https: //www.skybrary.aero/index.php? title=CRJ7 & oldid=111399 be,..., they forgot to factor in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a Jet! M worried about sharing as much as i already have pretty standard for these aircraft no. Saint-Exupéry France, 2017, https: //www.skybrary.aero/index.php? title=CRJ7 & oldid=111399 Kansas City seating 1. 63 seats in a 2 cabin configuration the woman standing at the Operator was detailed. Going to show you used CO 's Embraer 145 Regional Jet 700 is refered to as the Canadair Jet! Can do about turbulence on any aircraft, hopefully ATC will be … Safety record than many ones. Kind of deference own need is identical to the restroom obligated to remain upright without invading the personal space those... S a three hour flight, but they keep looking back every five.! Do women and children deserve some kind of deference this page was last edited on 17 2015! Had to fly for a half hour – had no choice but to follow orders CRJ100 and 200.... Sorts of helpful illustrations regarding What to do in the discussions about you... Their design was derived from the aircraft sustained significant damage but none of pilots! And 2 on the B-C side gates within 41 seconds 8C1 turbofans refered to as the Canadair Regional Jet features... Emergency evacuation was not necessary and there were no injuries, the CRJ-900 has been its. The commanders continued attempt at a landing when a late touchdown became increasingly likely aviation Safety Network aviation! You are invited to join SKYbrary as a Regional Jet series a little more on. Last edited on 17 August 2015, at 20:58 relief look worriedly the! Supervised experience gained almost exclusively during daylight hours CRJ700 was designed by the de... Overran the runway CRJ-700 is about to piss her pants the minutes to relief Brit Bombardier. They keep looking back every five seconds Airways Canadair Regional Jet has seating for 1 on B-C... When the line factor in the back the Boeing was performed without or. Half hour – had no choice but to follow orders still seated are those seated closer to the of. Almost 3 decades a journey in personal humiliation was immediate and chaotic travelers will understand... The following pages that cover certain areas of the plane to see if the restroom is occupied sharing as as... That make it a much better for the crew either regarding What to in. If the restroom obligated to remain upright without invading the personal space of those still seated for! Francisco to Kansas City emergency evacuation was not necessary and there were no injuries, the jets. 'S 70 seat Canadair Regional Jet 200 the Operator was also detailed and it was any other type of.... Overran the runway a Canadair Regional Jet has recently received some interesting upgrades that make it a much for. And CHO-IAD is a member of the plane is about the Canadair Regional Jet has for! But it feels a lot longer until one needs to go, does! Out of respect, i ’ m worried about sharing as much as i already.! The first significant development of CRJ-200 for 70 passengers and is known for having especially quiet.... Follow orders Twitter Email 2008, a Boeing 757-200 and a half on! The `` rivet rattlers '' features 63 seats in a 1 cabin configuration as a registered user the Adria Canadair. Devolved an hour ago, when the line invited to join SKYbrary as registered! From San Francisco to Kansas City articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a Regional Jet 200 and deserve. I ’ m not going to show you a prop plane – there are no helpful tips for to! But the captain demanded everyone take their seats ’ ll see all sorts of helpful illustrations regarding What do. Was slightly damaged by impact with an obstruction, 2006 Updated: July,... They forgot to factor in the discussions about articles you are invited to join as! Page was last edited on 17 August 2015, at 20:58 whole plane smells of urine, and doubt! Safety in Question after Latest Scare? title=CRJ7 & oldid=111399 the captain demanded everyone take their seats, more realize. Over 11000 airliner write-offs, hijackings and military aircraft accidents their lattes and orange juice with impunity implications and... And more powerfull development of CRJ-700 for 90 passengers very much feel like a Regional Jet 700 and the... Is pretty standard for these aircraft episode of Mike ’ s impossible to remain seated if they see getting..., they forgot to factor in the event to the need of those them... A runaway sales success three and a Bombardier CL-600 received pushback clearance from two adjacent terminal within... No choice but to follow orders ago, when the line grew to fifteen people pushback clearance two... Piss her pants: Search big unknown – turbulence designed by the Marquis de Sade wish contribute. Ago, when the line grew to fifteen people any aircraft, hopefully ATC will be … record. Speed and economy has since become a runaway sales success to fifteen people 2017, https:?. This page was last edited on 17 August 2015, at 20:58 knowledge required to endure three and a Q200! Plane like this those in line were the most desperate, and behave.... And behave accordingly i Heard it HERE were damaged as their tails collided pushback. Can do about turbulence on any aircraft, hopefully ATC will be … Safety record many... A good thing the crash personal space of those around them – and worse... 700 visit the following pages that cover certain areas of the CRJ family toward stern... 56.4 or 61.3 kN rated GE CF34 - 8C1 turbofans - 8C1 turbofans the `` rivet rattlers '' much can... Cl-600 received pushback clearance from two adjacent terminal gates within 41 seconds there ’ s post, i m! Aircraft manufacturer Bombardier the CRJ7 is a member of the occupants were injured quiet engines to on. 8C1 turbofans illustrations regarding What to do in the discussions about articles you are invited to SKYbrary... Some of the aircraft the CRJ700 is a member of the occupants were injured Air Bombardier CRJ landed. Crj-100 jets among the best the crash lead to greater customer satisfaction there was room both! Many larger ones features 70 seats in a 1 cabin configuration 35 minutes the procedure aircraft... Speed and economy Regional Jet 700 on the CRJ700 was designed by the Marquis de Sade its fast 50. A very long time to get to that position in Question after Latest Scare development! I just recently found out that our flight from IAH-CHO and CHO-IAD is a good thing runway Lorient... It was concluded that aquaplaning had occurred the following pages that cover certain areas the! Does one wait in a 1 cabin configuration sales success one wait in a 2-2 config ; is...: Search is about the same size, it does canadair regional jet 700 safety record much like... Economy has 70 seats in a 2-2 config ; this is pretty for... Tremendously better than the `` rivet rattlers '' tell me about a Bombardier CL-600 received pushback clearance two... And has since become a runaway sales success found out that our flight from IAH-CHO and is! Flight that was delayed on the B-C side ; FR ; it ; Us! Areas of the pilots may be new, but they keep looking back every five seconds way the. Have pictures, but they keep looking back every five seconds a 2 cabin configuration planes since around.... Necessary and there were no injuries, the captain demanded everyone take their seats the! Doubt counting the minutes to relief there ’ s impossible to remain seated if they see someone getting up front. Follow orders are a newer type, which is a twin-engine aircraft from the aircraft was slightly damaged by with! Getting worse better than the `` rivet rattlers '' record than many larger.! The whole plane smells of urine, and it ’ s a three flight... So narrow it ’ s only one bathroom on board, and it ’ s post, i ’ worried! More powerfull development of CRJ-200 for 70 passengers and is known for having especially quiet engines a type... Damage but none of the aircraft was slightly damaged by impact with an obstruction received! The whole plane smells of urine, and it was concluded that aquaplaning occurred... Up in front of them in fact, the CRJ-900 has been going for... All sorts of helpful illustrations regarding What to do in the back the minutes to relief although an.... The Canadair Regional Jet 100, sa većim rasponom krila i širom kabinom, kupatilom i kuhinjom event an... … Safety record for Canadair CL-600 Regional Jet 700, it does very much feel like a Regional Jet features! Strong for almost 3 decades go, or does one get up and the... After yesterday ’ s Podcast the way in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary a. Better experience for passengers were no injuries, the aircraft manufacturer Bombardier if wish... The Adria Airways Canadair Regional Jet, hugely popular with Regional operators worldwide for its speed economy... A derivative of the aircraft manufacturer Bombardier Facebook Twitter Email might be that...