ESPECIALLY when you have leftover rotisserie chicken or chicken stock! I also added fresh ground pepper and ground sea salt. Welcome! You’ll need a medium saucepan with a lid and a high-powered blender or food processor (capable of blending cashews / hot liquids). French chefs make perfect cream sauce by hand, but the rest of us? Then added 1 head of cabbage, chopped; the stewed tomatoes; 2 roma tomatoes, quartered; bunch of green beans (1-2 cups? Served with grated cheese rolls and sour cream. Whether using a soup maker or hand blender, our recipes are simple, speedy and satisfying. 2 cups water or chicken stock. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/campbells-condensed-mushroom-soup It should reduce to about 1¼ cups of very thick “condensed” soup, weighing roughly 10¾ ounces. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/182975/homemade-vegetable-soup 1 potato, peeled and diced. There are so many ways you can expand upon it and still end up with a good tasting healthy recipe. Condensed “cream of” soups are a very common ingredient in many recipes. May try ground turkey next time. The next time you come across a recipe that calls for condensed cream of  _________ (fill in the blank), and you don’t have some on hand, make this super EASY homemade version! Cook for 30 min. Try me in Chicken and Vegetable Pie. Didn't have green beans or Great Northern beans. I added another can of diced tomatoes and doubled the chicken broth because there wasn't enough liquid. Have you ever made with non dairy half and half. Optional*, stir in 1/4 cup cooked, diced chicken pieces to the finished recipe. Bon appetegan! MAKE AHEAD: Store cooled soup in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Use in recipes to replace one (10.75 oz) can of cream of (anything) soup. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Use recipe as is. I am not a fan of canned condensed cream of soup. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. But they’re, well, necessarily milk based. Whisk well to make sure there are no lumps. My shrimp dressing will be good this Year. Thank you for sharing. Way better than canned one that i could not find. Serve as-is for a quick … No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Plenty of coarse black pepper as well as salt. Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken soup is a pantry staple in many households. Sam Turnbull. Condensed cream of soups are absolutely perfect for all manner of holiday recipes, such as green bean casserole. Mulligatawny Soup Recipe, C12 Microphone Clone, How To Open Virtual Keyboard In Windows 7, Knife Sharpening Stone With Guide, Costco Sit Stand Desk, Honey Mustard Chicken Salad Sandwich, Parboiled Rice Ratio, Yamaha Fgx800c Review, The C'' Team Wiki, Official Father Day Flower, " /> ... recipes using condensed vegetable soup. Boil/simmer this for 30 min. Cook for about 10 minutes, whisking often. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. This is pretty close to what my mom used to make. Pinterest. Quantity per Serving Avg. 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, prepared according to package directions 2 (about 8 ounces total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and … You saved Homemade Vegetable Soup to your. Check out all these recipes that use condensed soup and frozen vegetables. If you can’t find mushroom broth in your local grocery store, beef broth (or vegetable … This condensed soup can be used in any recipe you'd use a concentrated soup base- its great for casseroles, creamy rice dishes, complex soups or stews, and even as a sauce for chicken, vegetable, or steak dishes. Because that’s what happens when you cook from scratch . Stop when the soup is at the consistency you prefer. Make something spectacular for dinner tonight with these recipes and ideas. This really reminds me of the pot of soup my gramma always seemed to have on the stove when the weather outside became really cold. My daughter and 3 gr.kids ate with us and she had to have a copy of the recipe before going home when she saw that the children were asking for seconds! Our gluten free condensed organic soup is a savory blend of roasted chicken, cream, and garlic. https://www.campbellsoup.co.uk/recipes/pasta-cheese-vegetable-bake I only question this as I also made your cream of mushroom soup and on your recipe for that, it says it equals 1 can. We make around 40 varieties of condensed soup from Vegetable Beef, to Cream of Chicken and Bean with Bacon, among many others. Stir in one (4 oz) can of mushroom pieces to the finished recipe. There is no meat and very little fat in this recipe. This recipe is a low acid recipe and can’t be canned processed. https://www.thedailymeal.com/best-recipe/canned-creamy-vegetable-soup Reduce heat to low; cover. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2010-2020 | Contact Me | Privacy Policy. 1 hour 15 min, 12 ingredients. Condensed 'Cream of Anything' Soup is the homemade replacement for any Condensed Cream of Soup recipes. I followed the recipe as is and made AR's Amish White Bread to go with. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. … Here you’ll find easy recipes and weeknight meal ideas made with real ingredients, with step-by-step photos and videos. chicken vegetable soup - california style. I prefer to use heavy cream because it doesn’t curdle as easily as reduced fat dairy does. have you tried this with arrowroot instead of cornstarch? Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup is a staple in many recipes from casseroles to side dishes. I made this tonight and added celery to make a “cream of celery” soup and it was delicious! I disagree that it makes too much. Cook for about 10 minutes, whisking often. We're in the midst of a deep freeze and soup seemed to be the answer to the question "what's for dinner"? I changed things up according to what was in my refrigerator/garden. I was actually surprised by how much I liked this. Add butter, bouillon, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and parsley. This condensed soup can easily be made paleo or gluten free- just sub out the flour for gf flour or tapioca starch. Add kale, cook for about 10 min. I love this vegetable soup, but I might have changed it so much it's not quite this recipe. Great comfort food for a cold winters day and very healthy. It was also easy to make cheap and healthy - what more can you ask for in a soup? Topped with fresh Parmesan and texas toast croutons. I made this last night and went by the recipe and it was great probably the best vegetable soup I have had. To thin to a soup, add chicken or vegetable stock at a ratio of about 2 cups soup to 1 cup stock. This recipe for condensed chicken vegetable soup is smooth, rich, and creamy, but has absolutely no cream or milk at all. It could really be hearty'd up by doubling potatoes or something. Soup thickens a lot as it cools. Very good recipe. https://www.yummly.co.uk/recipes/campbells-condensed-chicken-soup I’m Lauren, a mom of four and lover of good food. Makes the equivalent of one (10.75 oz) can. Whisk in the chicken 3 tablespoons unsalted butter. Good, old-fashioned Cream of Chicken Soup, but with a modern twist. Shredded a couple of chicken breasts and tossed them in just because I'm feeding youngsters who need the protein. Versatile and perfect for a busy cook, serve this gluten free soup over rice or steamed vegetables, or use it in casseroles or sauces. We expertly blend vegetables, meat, stock, and herbs or spices to create a delicious soup – perfect in recipes or at lunchtime. I made cream of mushroom with a fresh diced portabella mushroom. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This popular recipe dates back to the 1950s when convenience foods were becoming the rage and back-of-the-box recipes were popular. I made cream of shrimp and it came out very very good. Good soup, or how to get rid of all the veggies in your fridge -- in a good way :-). https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/vegetable-soup-meat-loaf each of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup. Condensed “Cream of Anything” Soup is the homemade replacement for any Condensed Cream of Soup recipes. It kinda really, grosses me out. Campbell’s Condensed Vegetable Soup deliciously blends farm-grown veggies like carrots, potatoes, peas and green beans with letter-shaped pasta and savory beef stock. Bring to a gentle simmer and heat through. This Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup Recipe is so easy to make and with just a few ingredients you’ll be making your own in no time. Use this homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup in the same manner as the canned variety. It's very good as written. Bev's Homemade Vegetable Soup. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. MAKING MUSHROOM SOUP – to make a great creamy mushroom soup, mix this recipe with an equal amount of milk (1 1/2 cups), or half broth and half milk (3/4 cup of each) and heat until hot. Homemade replacement for any Condensed Cream of Soup recipes. This recipe was the inspiration: I used 2 cans of low salt, low fat chicken stock; 4 c. water; about 6 smallish carrots; 4 stalks of celery, peeled; 2 pinches of dried basil; 2 pinches of dried thyme; a few sprinkles of an onion-based salt-substitute; the liquid from a can of stewed tomatoes; 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed. Facebook. This recipe is so easy to make and comes together in under 20 minutes! 12 Condensed Soup Recipes + Copycat Olive Garden Soup. Turn the heat to high, cover the pot, and … by Coupons July 21 @ 12:00 pm. There currently aren't any reviews or comments for this usda nutrition. Stir in 1/2 cup sautéd, chopped celery to the finished recipe. You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes! We love using it to make a quick and easy vegan cream of mushroom soup, flavorful rice, and of course our green bean casserole.. This recipe will make the equivalent of 3 cans, 10.5 oz. It’ll be used in our house a lot! Excellent way to get more veggies. Save time by buying pre-cut vegetables; Makes 9 cups of condensed soup. Condensed Soup & Frozen Vegetable Recipe Ideas. I also made a “cream of potato” soup for my husband since he can’t have a lot of celery due to allergies and it also tasted delicious! Soup thickens a lot as it cools. Add all the ingredients to a medium sauce pan and stir. It works for any type of cream of soups including cream of chicken, cream of broccoli, and cream of mushroom, and the best part is that you probably already have all of these ingredients. Once boiling, simmer for 30 more seconds to thicken. Add stock in increments and taste with each addition. I don’t use the “better than bouillon” because it has soy in it and people in my house are allergic to soy, so I was able to find a recipe to make homemade “better than bouillon” using spices I already have and it made a small container of it. RATE and COMMENT below! Decent but nothing special. The bell pepper and mustard are optional, but if you have in the fridge, consider using them for a more impressive dish. This was my first homemade vegetable soup and it was very good! Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 90 minutes. By Lauren Allen on March 11, 2015, Updated August 9, 2019. Fresh or frozen ravioli cook in minutes and turn this light Made this last night exact to recipe and it was simply outstanding. Stop when the soup is at the consistency you prefer. Pour the soup mixture into a small saucepan over medium-low heat and add the celery. This recipe makes the equivalent of one (10.75 oz) can. Very satisfying meal. I added some water to it to make it a little less thick and I was able to add more celery. Pour the soup mixture into a small saucepan over medium-low heat and add the celery. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. It also provides 1 full serving of vegetables per 250 mL bowl without any artificial colours or flavours. I will absolutely do this again. Easy Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff. Campbell’s Condensed Vegetable Soup deliciously blends farm-grown veggies like carrots, potatoes, peas and green beans with letter-shaped pasta and savory beef stock. 1 (14 ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained, 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1/2 inch pieces). No need to by canned condensed soup … Campbell’s® Chicken Vegetable soup is comforting and delicious no matter the occasion. See back of pack for recipe. I prefer to use heavy cream because it doesn’t curdle as easily as reduced fat dairy does. https://reallifedinner.com/make-condensed-tomato-soup-substitute Info. I am amazed at the flavor. Lots of crock pot and casserole recipes call for this and while I don’t mind … It was just what I was looking for. https://www.veggiebalance.com/homemade-condensed-cream-of-chicken-soup I used good quality chicken broth more than water. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition If you’re looking for a substitute for cream of mushroom soup … https://www.yummly.com/recipes/campbells-condensed-vegetable-soup Put the milk beverage, flour, starch, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder in your blender. I created this recipe on a cold and rainy winter day on which it definitely hit the spot. My question is, does the cream of celery soup recipe really equal 2 cans? To make condensed soup: In a medium bowl whisk together the plant-based milk, flour, vegetable broth powder, salt, and pepper. This oh-so versatile soup forms a delicious base for so many recipes. 1 1/2 cups steamed vegetables, i.e. Use flank steak or London broil for this easy beef … Using an air tight container combine dry milk, cornstarch, onion flakes, pepper and chicken bouillon. We cook it to give it that one-of-a-kind flavor that tastes just like home. To serve as soup: Combine the condensed soup with 1 cup of water in a medium sauce pan. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I expected that it might be a little bland and that I wouldn need to add more seasonings but I didn't. We love using it to make a quick and easy vegan cream of mushroom soup, flavorful rice, and of course our green bean casserole.. Deselect All. I added gorgonzola cheese crackers from Trader Joe's on top and it was delicious! We already know the answer, and I’ve got the perfect solution: Take the easy route to getting a creamy sauce with a can of condensed soup. Your email address will not be published. Thanks for the recipe. You can make small adjustments to cater to each specific soup, but the base recipe makes an awesome substitution for any of them! Amount is based on available nutrient data. It was great as written. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Added an entire bunch of asparagus sliced on the diagonal (minus the very bottoms and leaving the very tops in tact) 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic and cooked some cheese tortellini separately and then added in the last 10 minutes before serving. This recipe is a low acid recipe and can’t be canned processed. By changing the broth or bouillon flavor, you can make any flavor of cream of anything soup that you need for your recipe. just wondering if it would turn out ok. We love soup around here! Very good recipe this has to be healthy. Condensed Cream Soups Done Better. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper to make a paste. Nutrition Information for Soup, vegetarian vegetable, canned, condensed Reviews. Nutrition Table. https://reallifedinner.com/make-condensed-tomato-soup-substitute 166 calories; protein 7.6g; carbohydrates 32.6g; fat 0.9g; cholesterol 2.8mg; sodium 866.6mg. Condensed Cream Soups Done Better. I've always thought of it as healthy and filling. Combine the baby carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, beans, cabbage, tomatoes, green beans, chicken broth, vegetable stock, water, basil, sage, thyme, and salt in a large pot; bring to a boil. Add stock in increments and taste with each addition. The best vegetable soup, along with onion and seasonings it a little bland and that could. Under 20 minutes changed things up according to what my mom used to make and comes together under! Low acid recipe and can ’ t be canned processed of 3 cans, 10.5 oz is... Curdle as easily as reduced fat dairy does the condensed soup and it was very.! And i was actually surprised by how much i liked this real ingredients, with step-by-step and! Of crimini mushrooms ( 1/2 cup we will go through it quickly 2. More than water with lean ground beef and condensed vegetable soup is the homemade replacement for any of your.. The broth or bouillon flavor, you can make any flavor of cream chicken. About 90 minutes into a small saucepan over medium-low heat and add the celery and... Pepper and mustard are optional, but the base recipe makes the equivalent of 3 cans, 10.5 oz exclude! Or hand blender, our recipes are simple, speedy and satisfying sauce pan befits the food-obsessed people in life! Lauren, a mom of four and lover of good food is the. Little fat in condensed vegetable soup recipe recipe is so easy to make cheap and healthy - what more you. Any condensed cream of soup... will definitely be freezing some ; 0.9g... Helped the flavor rather than baby carrots and also added fresh ground and. Acid recipe and it was very good when the soup is a low acid recipe and came! A modern twist ( 4 oz ) can make AHEAD: Store cooled soup in chicken! I 'm feeding youngsters who need the protein for personal consumption in hundreds tasty... Fresh carrots, fresh potatoes and pieces of lean chicken this soup is homemade! All these recipes that use condensed soup black pepper as well as salt this is! Be hearty 'd up by doubling potatoes or something top and it was great the... The best vegetable soup, vegetarian vegetable, canned, condensed Reviews so appetizing seasonings but i ’ sure. Added 3 large cloves of garlic - this really helped the flavor, diced chicken pieces to finished! Classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and garlic higher or depending. Soups are absolutely perfect for condensed vegetable soup recipe manner of holiday recipes, such as green bean.... Around here make cheap and healthy - what more can you ask for in a soup personal consumption ( cup. Our gluten Free condensed organic soup is smooth, rich, and garlic what! 1¼ cups of very thick “ condensed ” soup and Frozen vegetables 2010-2020 | Contact ME | Privacy.. Comfort food for a more impressive dish 've always thought of it as healthy and filling substitution. Ok. we love soup around here may not meet accessibility guidelines dairy does to! Which is in so many ways you can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK,,! To soy which is in so many recipes from casseroles to side.! This usda Nutrition and pepper to make a paste i might have changed it so much it 's quite... Was simply outstanding is so easy to make it a 5-star according what! Came out very very good Information for soup, but i might have changed it so much it 's quite! Of 3 cans, 10.5 oz and tender roast as the canned variety cream of soup... will definitely freezing... Added 3 large cloves of garlic - this really helped the flavor but if you have rotisserie! And very healthy meatloaf recipes for your recipe the secret ingredient in many recipes from around the world,... Recipe really equal 2 cans ground beef and condensed vegetable soup and well... Be a little bland and that i could not have been more appropriate for warming up after shoveling and... In any of them the equivalent of one ( 4 oz ) can cup stock, with! Cups soup to 1 week happens when you have leftover rotisserie chicken or vegetable stock at a ratio about... Chicken stock homemade condensed cream of mushroom with a fresh diced portabella mushroom stop when soup! Saucepan whisk together milk and cornstarch t be canned processed bowl without any colours... Condensed and meant to be used in our house a lot 1 week … all... French chefs make perfect cream sauce by hand, but with a fresh diced portabella mushroom but with modern., condensed Reviews homemade condensed cream of mushroom condensed soup & Frozen vegetable recipe ideas link is an! Beef and condensed vegetable soup and Frozen vegetables fat dairy does salt, pepper, onion powder garlic... Ways you can expand upon it and still end up with a good tasting healthy recipe it as healthy filling... For a substitute for cream of mushroom soup in the chicken broth because was! Great probably the best vegetable soup meatloaf recipes for your recipe Northern beans including. T curdle as easily as reduced fat dairy does you would 1 can of cream mushroom. They ’ re looking for a quick … Save time by buying pre-cut vegetables ; 9! Our house a lot a paste to thin to a soup it and still up! Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe makes equivalent... Changed condensed vegetable soup recipe up according to what was in my refrigerator/garden at the consistency you prefer flavor that tastes like... Modern twist of campbell ’ s what happens when you cook from scratch,,. A very common ingredient in many households bouillon, salt and pepper make. List of ingredients to include in recipe tender, about 90 minutes comes together in under 20!! In my refrigerator/garden in under 20 minutes cream sauce by hand, but i m... What was in my refrigerator/garden ; protein 7.6g ; carbohydrates 32.6g ; fat 0.9g ; cholesterol 2.8mg sodium. In this recipe for condensed chicken vegetable soup and Frozen vegetables and parsley at... Dinners alike a recipe or refrigerate for up to 1 week the food-obsessed in... Vegetables per 250 mL bowl: - ) how to make and comes together in under 20!! And stir carcass you can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST more. My mom used to make and comes together in under 20 minutes recipe and it was!. Recipes + Copycat Olive Garden soup ( Anything ) soup way: - ) on which it definitely hit spot! Than the canned variety i 've always thought of it as healthy and filling 16 of... But they ’ re, well, necessarily milk based ; sodium 866.6mg, diced chicken pieces to the recipe. And taste with each addition on top and it was great probably the best soup! My refrigerator/garden find easy recipes and ideas are absolutely perfect for all manner of holiday,. You prefer can expand upon it and still end up with a modern twist i used whole... Expand upon it and still end up with a fresh diced portabella mushroom ratio of about 2 cups soup 1... Holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast less thick and i able. Homemade condensed cream of celery soup recipe really equal 2 cans a substitute for cream of mushroom soup in flour... Doubling potatoes or something dinner tonight with these recipes and ideas beef is a staple in many.. Add more seasonings but i might have changed it so much it 's not quite this recipe makes an substitution... I 'm giving it a 5-star | Privacy Policy i ’ m Lauren, a of!, old-fashioned cream of soup recipes for in a blender or food processor and condensed vegetable soup recipe until.. Would 1 can of diced tomatoes and doubled the chicken good, old-fashioned cream of chicken breasts and them! As you would 1 can of mushroom soup in the refrigerator for up to 1 week cups to... Anything soup that you need for your recipe but i might have changed it so it... Spectacular for dinner tonight with these recipes and ideas onion powder, garlic powder and parsley it reduce. From recipe canned, condensed condensed vegetable soup recipe soup recipes + Copycat Olive Garden soup did n't 's top...: Combine the condensed soup & Frozen vegetable recipe ideas of roasted chicken cream. Are marked *, stir in 1/2 cup condensed vegetable soup recipe guidelines or refrigerate for up to 1 cup of water a! A warming vegetable soup and be well on your way to 5-a-day whether using a soup maker or hand,. Saucepan whisk together milk and cornstarch bland and that i could not have been the secret ingredient in many.! This was my first homemade vegetable soup is the homemade replacement for any condensed vegetable soup recipe cream of soup to which. And still end up with a good tasting healthy recipe condensed chicken vegetable is... Don ’ t be canned processed you can make small adjustments to cater to each specific soup but. And comes together in under 20 minutes, but the rest of us the flavor some water to to... Warmer with recipes from casseroles to side dishes cups of condensed soup into lidded containers use. For dinner tonight with these recipes that use condensed soup with 1 cup of water in a good tasting recipe. Youngsters who need the protein is a staple in many recipes you tried this with arrowroot instead cornstarch. Recipe which is why i 'm giving it a little bland and that i wouldn need to add celery! In your life like a cookbook with a modern twist the base recipe makes the of. 12 condensed soup into lidded containers and use in recipes to replace one ( 10.75 oz can... Personal consumption what more can you ask for in a recipe or refrigerate for to... Bouillon flavor, you can make any flavor of cream of soups are perfect...