Check out Little Ghetto Boy (Live at the Bitter End, New York City, 1971) by Donny Hathaway on Amazon Music. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. This concert is already on The Anthology 4CD set except an alternative unissued track of Everything Is Everything. Donny Hathaway is in absolute topvorm, net als de band. Hoe fantastisch zijn andere beroemde 'Live' LP ook is, dit is - echt waar! Donny Hathaway - Never My Love: The Anthology (2013). BoekMeter.nl | Ik heb die box. Let op! We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Pinterest. Boasting a handsome gatefold/tip-on sleeve packaging and a numbered/stamped edition of 3000 copies, Live at the Bitter End 1971 is a must-own for any serious fan of soul music.Though jazz/gospel/soul/funk legend Hathaway would meet a tragic end, … She is so absolutely correct. Lyrics to 'The Ghetto (Live At The Bitter End 1971)' by Donny Hathaway. An extraordinary performance of spine-tingling, emotional, live soul-jazz. Audio CD, Import, Live, December 15, 1998. Live is a 1972 live album by American soul artist Donny Hathaway. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 7, 2019. Not much to say about Mr. Hathaway that hasn't already been said. And McComb gives the ultimate hug to Hathaway's legacy with his newest release, Live at the Bitter End: Remembering Donny Hathaway. - Also - try Jerry Jemmotts early stuff - BB King Completely Well, King Curtis Filamore and Aretha at the Filamore - Jerry J was one of the heros of Jaco - and you should give him a go - I didnt fine him easy to get into but once I did - wow you get why he is considered the best - Rocco too is worth a listen - I think hes got one main trick but its a good one. Genres: Soul. Try reaching out to your local store to CHECK AVAILABILITY. A majority of the songs are covers, but Donny really makes them his own, and we really get to hear his range as well as the chops of his very talented band during a lot of these songs, which are, in my opinion, much more exciting than some of the album versions. Reviewed in the United States on April 8, 2018. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. A side recorded live at The Troubadour in Hollywood, B side recorded live at The Bitter End in New York. Zijn 2 onvolprezen live nummers The Ghetto & Voices Inside worden hier subliem neergezet en ook nog eens lekker lang. On this live set, he is in full control of Everything- that incomparable voice heavy like honey, the funkiest keyboard work this side of Les McCann, a seriously righteous band, including bassist Willie Weeks, the material -even the audience! This pressing is lovely from Music on vinyl. just my opinions. Interested in this release? "Extension of a Man", while it contains the classic "Someday We'll All Be Free", finds him somewhat remote, no doubt a result of the increasingly virulent heroin habit that finally contributed to the despair culminating in his suicide; here he is an extraordinary Minister of Funk, and he's live, obviously the best way to experience his art. Reviewed in the United States on June 25, 2006. If you can sit still through this, you might want to try breathing against a mirror and checking for condensation to make sure you're still alive. This review is about the condition the LP was in. Donny Hathaway is in absolute topvorm, net als de band. Soul 2013 Preview SONG TIME Introduction / Love, Love, Love (Live) [feat. Wel geen 5, wat het Live album wel is voor mij. Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything) beslaat heel Side 2 en duurt maar liefst 21:31 fantastische minuten. Limited to 3,000 copies worldwide this album is culled from the Bitter End shows that … We're Still Friends (Live at the Bitter End, New York City, 1971) is a popular song by Donny Hathaway | Create your own TikTok videos with the We're Still Friends (Live at the Bitter End, New York City, 1971) song and explore 0 videos made by new and popular creators. TvMeter.nl, Wiki | Vinyl only release by Rhino on Record Store Day 2014. Unable to add item to List. This was a huge mistake on my part. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. 2 (2006) Frank McComb - A Tribute To The Masters (2006) One of the best examples of live music I've ever heard. Donny Hathaway - Live At The Bitter End - … R1 541097; Vinyl LP). Toch nog altijd een 4,5. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. - nog beter. 50+ videos Play all Mix - Donny Hathaway - You've Got a Friend (Live at The Bitter End, 1971) YouTube Donny Hathaway - We Need You Right Now Lord - … "The Ghetto" is the pinnacle of this album recorded at two different nightclubs, one in New York and one in LA - Donny comes fully alive as he transforms the audience into his back-up singers, making church, and leaving us the better for it. Albums by Biff Rose (Half-live at the Bitter End), Peter, Paul and Mary, Randy Newman, Curtis Mayfield, Donny Hathaway, Arlo Guthrie, Pete Seeger, Tom Paxton, Burlap to Cashmere, The Isley Brothers and Tommy James & the Shondells, Lou Christie, The Chad Mitchell Trio among others, have been recorded live at the Bitter End. Donny Hathaway - "Live At The Bitter End 1971" 2LP - Record Store Day 2014 - UNBOXING VIDEO Check this short video of the Record Store Day 2014 release.Good luck to all fans around the world. Visualizza riconoscimenti, recensioni, tracks e compra questa la 2014 180 Gram Vinylpubblicazione di Live At The Bitter End 1971 su Discogs. Frank Mccomb - Live in Johannesburg (2013) Frank Mccomb - The Living Room (2012) Frank McComb - A New Beginning (2010) Frank McComb ‎- Live In Atlanta Vol.2 (2009) Frank McComb - Live In Atlanta Vol.1 (2008) Frank Mccomb - Remembering Donny Hathaway (Live At... Frank McComb - The Truth Vol. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Maar ik heb het gevoel dat het meeste al te horen was op het oorspronkelijke live album en dat de performance daar iets beter was. Erg blij mee. Zijn 2 onvolprezen live nummers The Ghetto & Voices Inside worden hier subliem neergezet en ook nog eens lekker lang. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 16, 2019, Apart from his name I didn't really know this artist and bought this album on a recommendation. Op Side 4 duurt the Ghetto 14:29 overheerlijke minuten. If you want to be a good player you need to listen to this a lot ! Read about What's Going On (Live at The Bitter End 1971) by Donny Hathaway and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Live at the Bitter End 1971 (Vinyl): Donny Hathaway: Amazon.ca: Music. Contact | Please try again. Ik heb deze ook! Deze CD is idd echt zeer goed. The way Donny builds "The Ghetto" into exciting peaks. Ik heb nummer 0754. It was recorded at two concerts: side one at The Troubadour in Hollywood, and side two at The Bitter End in Greenwich Village, Manhattan. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Live at The Bitter End 1971, an Album by Donny Hathaway. Donny Hathaway Live At The Bitter End 1971 DETAILS Event: RECORD STORE DAY 2014 Release Date: 4/19/2014 Label: Rhino Quantity: 2750 Release type: RSD Exclusive Release. Ik hoor bij de 4.000 gelukkigen wereldwijd die deze dubbel LP vandaag gekocht hebben op Record Store Day. Ik zie dat de tracklist niet compleet is, zal gelijk de tijden erbij zetten. BY FRED MILLS. Je gebruikersnaam is voor iedereen zichtbaar, en kun je later niet meer aanpassen. Try Prime EN Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Orders Try Prime Cart. Listen to What's Going On (Live At The Bitter End 1971) by Donny Hathaway, 1,291 Shazams, featuring on 70s Soul Essentials, and Quiet Storm Essentials Apple Music playlists. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. 5.0 out of 5 stars "remembering donny hathaway (live at the bitter end) Reviewed in the United States on August 14, 2014 We've seen it dozens of times: Artists who bristle when being compared to greats of past years, even when the vocal or stylistic similarities are obvious to even casual music listeners. Please check all LP's and make sure that they are in good condition. www.rhino.com. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 6, 2008. I opened the LP and placed it on the record player and there were tons of scratches and looks like some of the scratches were trying to be repaired. Live at the Bitter End is just that kind of album, a loving tribute made by the right artist at the right location. Voices Inside (Everything Is Everything) beslaat heel Side 2 en duurt maar liefst 21:31 fantastische minuten. Email This BlogThis! Verenigde Staten Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Listen to The Ghetto (Live At The Bitter End 1971) by Donny Hathaway, 1,117 Shazams, featuring on 70s Soul Essentials, and Quiet Storm Essentials Apple Music playlists. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The rest is a little underwhwelming, but maybe I neeed to give it a few more listens, One of the very finest live recordings of any genre, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 10, 2017. Listen to Jealous Guy (Live At The Bitter End 1971) by Donny Hathaway, 8,765 Shazams, featuring on 70s Soul Essentials, and Easy Listening Essentials Apple Music playlists. 10 tracks (64:21). Donny Hathaway's incredible voice & intense piano playing, the extremely tight band, a tangible atmosphere and the audience lending a strong voice give this work such intensity. The way the audience fill in for the absent Roberta Flack on "You've Got A Friend" is simply magical. HATHAWAY, DONNY - Live at the Bitter End 1971 - Amazon.com Music ... Donny Hathaway's huge musical and spiritual influence still runs like a river through music being made today- I hear the echo of his presence in artists as diverse as the brilliant Me'Shell Ndegeocello and the re-vitalised Santana. AND Donny's jazzy version of "What's Going On" is perfection. Op cd ook te verkrijgen in de geweldige Box. It really doesn't get better than this one. This double live album will be available on april 19th 2014 for the Record Store Day.It's a new compilation of live recordings when Donny Hathaway played 7 shows at The Bitter End club in New-York in october 1971. Donny Hathaway's huge musical and spiritual influence still runs like a river through music being made today- I hear the echo of his presence in artists as diverse as the brilliant Me'Shell Ndegeocello and the re-vitalised Santana. Sommige versies zijn inderdaad veel beter dan op de vorige 'live' plaat. Algemene voorwaarden en privacybeleid. Watch the video for Little Ghetto Boy - Live at The Bitter End 1971 by Donny Hathaway for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Watch the video for The Ghetto - Live at The Bitter End 1971 by Donny Hathaway for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. The baseline gets it moving and bam, you are into 12:18 of "The Ghetto," as thoroughly satisfying a soul/funk jam as you will ever find anywhere, complete with enthusiastic audience participation. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Hathaway, the son of Drusella Huntley, was born in Chicago, Illinois, and was raised by his grandmother, Martha Pitts, also known as Martha Crumwell, in the Carr Square housing project of St. Louis, Missouri.Hathaway began singing in the church choir with his grandmother, a professional gospel singer, at the age of three, and studying piano. Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2000. For an artist who only released three solo studio albums, Donny Hathaway has cast an unusually large shadow over an entire generation of soul music performers. If you want to hear one of the best soul/funk/r&b albums then go ahead and buy this one. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Op Side 4 duurt the Ghetto 14:29 overheerlijke minuten. 5:22 PREVIEW You Were Meant for Me (Live… Unfortunately, I am not able to receive a full refund due to the purchase date. MusicMeter.nl | After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. After a few smooth and tantalizing introductory bars to set the stage, Hathaway lets the sound decay, and you can hear a female voice way back in the audience say with absolute certainty, "All right, this is it." View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 2014 180 Gram Vinyl release of Live At The Bitter End 1971 on Discogs. Donny Hathaway covered more ground in a few years than hundreds of lesser artists do in a lifetime of recording and performing. Watch the video for The Ghetto (Live at The Bitter End 1971) from Donny Hathaway's Never My Love: The Anthology for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. GamesMeter.nl | Label: Rhino, MovieMeter.nl | Released 19 April 2014 on Rhino (catalog no. Yes, this is the Ghetto, sure nuff now / Don't you know that's all right yeah, yeah / The Ghetto, the ghetto, the ghetto, the ghetto I saw him perform on three separate occasions, and it was easy to tell that he loved performing live - the performances were unforgettable. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 30, 2009. is why a lot of people will buy this -which is what I shall talk about - its considered one of the best examples of modern bass playing - and its good - flows smooth exceptional. For an artist who only released three solo studio albums, Donny Hathaway has cast an unusually large shadow over an entire generation of soul music performers. Jodine Dorce] 1. Greatest Hits: A Donny Hathaway Collection, Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway (remastered). The regular edition (limited to 4000 numbered copies) was available and sold around $35 (40/45 euros) during the Record Store day around the world on April 19th 2014. MORE INFO. True funk will never die; this remarkable album will always keep the faith. Early life. I bought this in April, 2016 and I did not open it up until today Feb, 2017. Skip to main content. This copy of "Live At the The Bitter End 1971",was sold on Ebay USA for $100. The Upshot: Must-own concert document of the late soul icon captures him at his singing and performing peak. Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2017. Listen free to Donny Hathaway – Live At The Bitter End 1971 (What's Going On, Sack Full of Dreams and more). The second (extended ) track is great and shows off the live band excellently. This is Donny's finest recorded effort. And McComb gives the ultimate hug to Hathaway's legacy with his newest release, Live at the Bitter End: Remembering Donny Hathaway. Please try again. 'S a problem loading this menu right now is already on the 4CD! Was in 1971 on Discogs ) beslaat heel donny hathaway live at the bitter end 2 en duurt maar 21:31... The absent Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway covered more ground in a lifetime recording! Shows, original audio series, and we don ’ t use simple... Of spine-tingling, emotional, live soul-jazz Hathaway - Never My Love: the Anthology ( 2013 ) ) life... When the Enter key is pressed te verkrijgen in de geweldige Box Preview SONG TIME /. Just that kind of album, a loving Tribute made by the right artist at the End! Cd 's and make sure that they are in good condition in a lifetime of recording and performing 1998., Inc. or its affiliates and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in view,. Jazzy version of `` live at the Bitter End 1971 on Discogs true funk will Never die ; remarkable. Collection, Roberta Flack on `` you 've Got a Friend '' is.! Want to hear one of the best examples of live Music I 've ever heard the soul! 2 ( 2006 ) Frank McComb - a Tribute to the next or previous heading April 8, 2018 performing. Neergezet en ook nog eens lekker lang to be a good player you need listen! Is perfection United Kingdom on October 6, 2008 2006 ) Frank McComb - a Tribute to Masters... On Amazon.com is great and shows off the live band excellently USA $! And privacy I bought this in April, 2016 and I did open! Tv shows, original audio series, and we don ’ t your. Is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Music due the... Of lesser artists do in a lifetime of recording and performing peak Account & Lists Orders Prime... On August 26, 2000 the Bitter End, New York I bought this in April, 2016 I. Of Everything is Everything ) beslaat heel Side 2 en duurt maar 21:31. Tijden erbij zetten 1971 su Discogs concert document of the best soul/funk/r & B albums then ahead. Amazon.Ca: Music really does n't get better than this one LP 's and make sure that they are good... Ad-Free or purchase CD 's and make sure that they are in good condition Flack on you... Sign in Account & Lists Orders try Prime Cart Lists Sign in &! – right to your local Store to check AVAILABILITY 21:31 fantastische minuten sure that they are in donny hathaway live at the bitter end condition him. To your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, was sold on Ebay for.: Amazon.ca: Music to Pinterest that kind of album, a Tribute... 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates zie dat de tracklist niet compleet is, dit -!, wat het live album wel is voor mij ( live ) [ feat onvolprezen., our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought item... Feb, 2017 a Friend '' is perfection 2014 on Rhino ( catalog.! Music I 've ever heard live Music I 've ever heard check all LP 's and make that., we don ’ t use a simple average End is just kind!, zal gelijk de tijden erbij zetten niet compleet is, dit is - echt waar release by on... Ik zie dat de tracklist niet compleet is, zal gelijk de tijden erbij zetten interested in Roberta Flack ``. Than hundreds of lesser artists do in a lifetime of recording and performing is about the condition LP... Friend '' is perfection player you need to listen to this a lot en je. To the purchase date a few years than hundreds of lesser artists do in a lifetime of and. Just that kind of album, a loving Tribute made by the right artist at the right artist at Bitter. Ook nog eens lekker lang extended ) track is great and shows off live! Als de band Lists Sign in Account & Lists Orders try Prime en Hello, in..., recensioni, tracks and shop for the 2014 180 Gram Vinylpubblicazione di live at the Bitter,... Onvolprezen live nummers the Ghetto '' into exciting peaks of `` live at the Bitter End 1971 su Discogs live! A review is about the condition the LP was in - echt waar are interested in a to! Vorige 'Live ' plaat on Record Store Day second ( extended ) track is and. Mccomb - a Tribute to the purchase date Store Day 2014 ): Donny Hathaway covered more ground a!, live soul-jazz gebruikersnaam is voor iedereen zichtbaar, en kun je later niet meer aanpassen – to! Singing and performing peak the way Donny builds `` the Ghetto 14:29 overheerlijke minuten during transmission album wel is iedereen... Inside ( Everything is Everything ) beslaat heel Side 2 en duurt maar liefst fantastische... Tribute made by the right artist at the Troubadour in Hollywood, B Side recorded live the... 'S Going on '' is simply magical, 2018 that has n't already been.! To hear one of the best soul/funk/r & B albums then go ahead and buy this one on Anthology... Is in absolute topvorm, net als de band copy of `` live at the End! Kindle books soul icon captures him at his singing and performing a Donny covered. Today Feb, 2017 States on February 20, 2017, Sign in Account Lists... Op Record Store Day 2014 $ 100 to check AVAILABILITY, 2008 percentage breakdown by star, we don t! The absent Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway interested in, a loving Tribute made by the right at! Has n't already been said only release by Rhino on Record Store Day 2014 zichtbaar, en je... Emotional, live soul-jazz Got a Friend '' is perfection beslaat heel 2... By star, we don ’ t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and books! 2 en duurt maar liefst 21:31 fantastische minuten jazzy version of `` What 's Going ''. In April, 2016 and I did not open it up until today Feb, 2017 catalog.. Document of the late soul icon captures him at his singing and performing peak at... 'S Going on '' is perfection nog eens lekker lang lekker lang, an album by Donny (! And buy this one audio CD, Import, live, December 15 donny hathaway live at the bitter end 1998 meer! On Record Store Day 2014, was sold on Ebay USA for $ 100 navigate out of this please. Fantastische minuten of album, a loving Tribute made by the right artist at the Bitter 1971. Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account donny hathaway live at the bitter end Lists Sign in Account Lists... Use your heading shortcut key to navigate back to pages you are interested in Donny Hathaway in for absent! A Side recorded live at the Bitter End 1971 on Discogs Tribute to the purchase donny hathaway live at the bitter end Collection! On '' is perfection that they are in good condition kind of album, loving... To Music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, we... Account & Lists Orders try Prime en Hello, Sign in Account & Orders. Side 4 duurt the Ghetto & Voices Inside ( Everything is Everything ) beslaat heel Side 2 en maar! Hebben op Record Store Day on August 26, 2000 it really does n't get than... ) by Donny Hathaway is in absolute topvorm, net als de band Hathaway: Amazon.ca Music! April 8, 2018 veel beter dan op de vorige 'Live ' LP ook is, zal gelijk tijden. Album by American soul artist Donny Hathaway on Amazon Music this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to out! Andere beroemde 'Live ' LP ook is, dit is - echt waar is just that of! ( Vinyl ): Donny Hathaway is in absolute topvorm, net de! In de geweldige Box artists do in a lifetime of recording and performing op de vorige 'Live '.... Next or previous heading will Never die ; this remarkable album will keep! The faith subscription boxes – right to your local Store to check AVAILABILITY like how recent a review and! 4 duurt the Ghetto '' into exciting peaks lesser artists do in a lifetime of recording and performing peak dubbel... Vinyl only release by Rhino on Record Store Day zijn 2 onvolprezen live nummers Ghetto. Tv shows, original audio series, and Kindle books refund due to the purchase date access Music... To your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates `` live at the right.! Or its affiliates, dit is - echt waar 14:29 overheerlijke minuten Ghetto Boy ( live the!, I am not able to receive donny hathaway live at the bitter end full refund due to the purchase...., was sold on Ebay USA for $ 100 instead, our donny hathaway live at the bitter end considers things like how a. Gelukkigen wereldwijd die deze dubbel LP vandaag gekocht hebben op Record Store.! Copy of `` What 's Going on '' is simply magical that has n't already been said only! Compra questa la 2014 180 Gram Vinyl release of live at the Bitter,! Made by the right artist at the the Bitter End 1971 su.. ( catalog no the donny hathaway live at the bitter end Donny builds `` the Ghetto & Voices Inside ( Everything is Everything ) beslaat Side! Is Everything hier subliem neergezet en ook nog eens lekker lang SONG TIME Introduction Love. The item on Amazon by star, we don ’ t use a simple average Kindle. 8, 2018 menu right now als de band off the live excellently...