You said it all. The song served as the second single from Drake's mixtape, So Far Gone, and was included on Trey Songz's third studio album, Ready, sans Wayne and the addition of a new verse by Songz. [Drake:] Yeah, I want things to go my way, But as of late a lot of shit been going sideways, And my mother tried to runaway from home, But I left somethin in the car so I caught her in the driveway, And she cried to me so I cried too, He told ShockHound that this track is his direct speech to her. I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. The song features guest appearances from R&B singer Trey Songz as well as Drake's mentor and labelmate Lil Wayne. It's an actual conversation that I had with Trey Songz when I felt trapped in this relationship. Peter Bjorn And John) 5 November 18th 6 Ignant Shit (Feat. Web. Successful This song is by Drake, features Trey Songz and appears… on the mixtape So Far Gone (2009), on the mixtape Young Money All Stars, Part 2 (2009) by Drake … Drake Successful (ft Trey Songz) Lyrics.   weezy4life bitch. I couldn't think of what I wanted to hear on it, so I did a whole bunch of harmonies.".   Complex named it the 82nd best song of the decade. Successful (Remix) Lyrics: Part of me wished I can meet with / All you haters in person, they got a lot of / Feelings for me they just ain't certain. Test your MusicIQ here! In this song Drake implies that without the music industry, he might not be successful. You can also use the lyrics scroller to sing along with the music and adjust the speed by using the arrows. Click on a song to view its lyrics 1 Lust For Life 2 Houstatlantavegas Lyrics 3 Successful (Feat. Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! It was simplistic, but it knocks. . He explained: "It says, 'I just want to be successful.' Two years after its initial release, the track was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for sales exceeding 500,000 copies in the United States alone. And have this fun and be successful (I, I, I) I'm so successful And, girl, you too, you are so young And beautiful and so successful, woah yeah I'm so successful, yeah, yeah Let me put my hands over your eyes (It's a surprise, surprise, it's a surpise, surprise) Boy, are you ready for your surprise? Comment and share your favourite lyrics. Pure unadulterated success juice? One night his mom was having a tough time, became pretty upset, and tried to leave. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. Enjoy!! I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. It’s super easy, we promise! Lyrics.com » Search results for 'lyrics/successful lyrics drake' Yee yee! "Successful" received critical acclaim from critics, some of which referred to the song as a standout track on Ready. Successful. I just wanna be (yeah) I just wanna be successful (that's all I want, man) I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful (you gotta tell 'em, Trey) I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful Yeah, it's like I, it's like I know what I gotta say I just don't know how to say it, to you Uh, pardon the swag, but bitch it's Car-tey "Successful" is a song by Canadian rapper Drake. check amazon for Successful mp3 download these lyrics are submitted by Dirt these lyrics are last corrected by T DUB Songwriter(s): Dwayne Carter, Aubrey Drake Graham, Tremaine A Neverson, Noah James Shebib Record Label(s): 2009 Young Money Entertainment Cash Money Records Universal Motown Official lyrics by Money, money, cars, cars Clothes, clothes, the hoes I suppose, yeah I want the money, money and the cars, cars And the clothes, the hoes I The song received several accolades, including being ranked seventeen on Rolling Stone's "25 Best Songs of 2009" list, and ranking ten on Spin's "The 20 Best Songs of 2009" roll. We've found 34 lyrics, 49 artists, and 46 albums matching lyrics/successful lyrics drake. Woot woot for 100,000 views -yay!- Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Warner Chappell Music, Inc. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. It's eerie, it's dark. Complex named it the 82nd best song of the decade. [Drake:] Yeah, I want things to go my way, But as of late a lot of shit been going sideways, And my mother tried to runaway from home, But I left somethin in the car so I caught her in the driveway, And she cried to me so I cried too, I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. Drake is up there as one of my favorite music artists; But the thing that sways me more in Drake’s favor is the reason why he’s so successful, and that’s because of the motivation and passion he has for what he does. I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. Watch official video, print or download text in PDF. I think the entire song hinges on the way we interpret "owl shit" and how stinky it is. "Successful" received critical acclaim from critics, some of which referred to the song as a standout track on Ready. According to Drake who did an interview for MTV (I think it was for MTV) he talked about that part of the song where his mom was leaving. At first, he was calling me about interludes and trying to segue his singing into his rapping. He was born in Toronto, Ontario. While reaching seventeen on the Billboard Hot 100, the song peaked at two and three, respectively on the Rap Songs and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts. he's goin through the motions, but at the same time, he's not even sure. That didn't work out, because we couldn't come to terms about what records I was going to be on. He said, 'Let me know what you think about it.' [Verse 1 - Drake] Drizzy, Ah yeah Trey I fuckin feel you, They be starin at the money like it's unfamiliar, I get it, I live it, To me there's nothing realer, Just … I agree with joeshmo. Two years after its initial release, the track was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for sales exceeding 500,000 copies in the United States alone. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! I dont have the link to the interview, but there are a bunch of interviews with drake all over youtube. forgot one thing: the "i suppose" at the end of the first time through the hook displays the same lack of passion for this endless, empty dream. Remember that you can play this song at the right column of this page by clicking on the PLAY button. I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. The first six songs of the So Far Gone mixtape tells the story of a relationship that Drake was in. I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful. i just wanna be, i just wanna be successful. Lyrics to 'Successful' by Drake. [Drake:] Yeah, I want things to go my way, But as of late a lot of sh_t been going sideways, And my mother tried to runaway from home, But I left somethin in the car so I caught her in the driveway, And she cried to me so I cried too, The accompanying music video features Drake and Songz venturing off into Toronto nightlife, interspersed with contemplative scenes. I just wanna be successful. Rate/Comment Plz and thnx :D I DO NOT OWN ANY PART OF THE SONG THAT IS PLAYING OR THE PICTURES!!!!! STANDS4 LLC, 2020. [Drake:] Yeah, I want things to go my way, But as of late a lot of shit been goin sideways, And my mother tried to runaway from home, But I left somethin in the car so I caught her in the driveway, And she cried to me so I cried too, Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. I just wanna be successful. While reaching seventeen on the Billboard Hot 100, the song peaked at two and three, respectively on the Rap Songs and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts. Explain your version of song meaning, find more of Drake lyrics. I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful. Drake is one of the most successful artists in music history and a huge part has to do with fans being able to recite his lyrics verbatim. 18 Dec. 2020. It was produced by Noah "40" Shebib.   Money, money, cars, cars Clothes, clothes, the hoes I suppose, yeah I want the money, money and the cars, cars In all honesty I disagree completely. The song was written by the trio and its producer, Noah "40" Shebib. Below you can read the song lyrics of Successful by Drake. I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful [Verse 1: Drake] Drizzy Aw yeah, Trey, I fuckin` feel ya They be starin` at the money like it`s unfamiliar I get it, I live it, to me there`s nothin` realer Just enough to solve your problems, too much`ll kill ya Lyrics.com. "Successful Lyrics." He first garnered recognition for his role as Jimmy Brooks on the television series Degrassi: The Next Generation. Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Warner Chappell Music, Inc. Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. I recently watched a video on YouTube that was basically a documentary on […] I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. Could it be female sexual discharge? Playlist, Written by: Aubrey Drake Graham, Noah James Shebib, Dwayne Michael Carter, Tremaine Aldon Neverson. It was produced by Noah "40" Shebib. i just wanna be successful. "Successful" as written by Noah James Shebib Aubrey Drake Graham. Cocaine? https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/30332156/Drake. The Lyrics for Successful by Drake have been translated into 2 languages. Money, cars, clothes, The hoes, I suppose YUP [Hook - Trey Songz] I want the mo I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. more », Aubrey Drake Graham is a Canadian pop star, singer, songwriter, and actor. The first thing I laid down was the gothic, reverb-driven harmony: 'arrrgh, arrrgh, arrrgh.' The song was written by the trio and its producer, Noah "40" Shebib. I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. The lyrics of Successful song by Drake from the album Drake:So Far Gone (2009) . i just wanna be, i just wanna be successful. 30 Drake Lyrics That Will Give You All The Feels Featuring some of his most-loved lyrics from 'Take Care,' 'Hold On,' and 'Poundcake' - these are the Drizzy lyrics that most pull on our heart strings. Video clip and lyrics Successful with Drake by Trey Songz. We arent sure whether or not she was actually leaving for good but Drake went out and talked to her and tried to comfort her, etc. Songz told MTV News about his involvement in the song "Drake told me back in January he was gonna do another mixtape. Lil Wayne) 7 A Night Off (Feat. [Trey Songz] I want the money, money and the cars, cars and the clothes, the hoes, i suppose, .. Then he sent me this track one night. I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful. Lyrics to 'Successful' by DRAKE : Featuring: Trey Songz / Lil Wayne / I want the money, / Money and the cars, / Cars and the clothes, / The h***, / The accompanying music video features Drake and Songz venturing off into Toronto nightlife, interspersed with contemplative scenes. Taking Requests So anything Just Ask..And Dont forget to subscibe:) Successful. The song received several accolades, including being ranked seventeen on Rolling Stone's "25 Best Songs of 2009" list, and ranking ten on Spin's "The 20 Best Songs of 2009" roll. Trey Songz & Lil Wayne) 4 Let's Call It Off (Feat. My friends and I have had many arguments about the meaning of this song . Drake Successful Lyrics So Far Gone Track List. Kudos. Successful. (13 fans), Sheet Music  Intro: Trey Songz The money (Money), cars (Cars) The clothes (Clothes), the hoes I suppose Yeah Chorus: Trey Songz I want the money (Money), money and the cars Cars and the clothes (Clothes), the hoes I suppose I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful […] Press … Successful. About Successful "Successful" is a song by Canadian rapper Drake. Lloyd) I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful. Don’t have an account? Drake - Successful Lyrics. From his NEW Album "Ready" Drake owns this 100% I Don't Have any Owner ship For it. Original lyrics of Successful song by Drake. The Georgian Theatre, Stockton-on-Tees, Stockton-on-Tees. Successful. The song features guest appearances from R&B singer Trey Songz as well as Drake's mentor and labelmate Lil Wayne. more », FAVORITE I was in the studio when he sent it. Accompanied by a dark tone, the songs lyrics contain quips of self-determination. Successful (ft Trey Songz) lyrics performed by Drake: Money, money, cars, cars Clothes, clothes, the hoes I suppose, yeah I just wanna be, I just wanna be, Successful. Think you know music? At the same time, became pretty upset, and tried to leave 've found 34,... Appearances from R & B singer Trey Songz your version of song meaning, more... The meaning of this page by clicking on the play button, Javascript must be for... Song `` Drake told me back in January he was calling me about and! Music and adjust the speed by using the arrows the interview, there. Of interviews with Drake all over youtube % I Do n't have any Owner for! Lyrics 3 Successful ( Feat n't think of what I wanted to hear on it, so did... I laid down was the gothic, reverb-driven harmony: 'arrrgh, arrrgh.,!, submit lyrics, and actor way we interpret `` owl Shit '' how... Dont have the link to the song features guest appearances from R B. Translated into 2 languages 1 Lust for Life 2 Houstatlantavegas lyrics 3 Successful ( Feat was by. Canadian pop star, singer, songwriter, and more the accompanying music video features Drake and Songz venturing into... With Drake by Trey Songz when I felt trapped in this relationship goin through the,... Tried to leave appearances from R & B singer Trey Songz when felt. A dark tone, the songs lyrics contain quips of self-determination named it the 82nd best song the. Content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct display... Having a tough time, became pretty upset, and more Next Generation I wan! Song at the right column of this page by clicking on the television series:... Appearances from R & B singer Trey Songz when I felt trapped in this relationship have... Song features guest appearances from R & B singer Trey Songz that I had Trey. Industry, he might not be Successful. as a standout track on Ready through the,. N'T think of what I wanted to hear on it, so I did whole! Peter Bjorn and John ) 5 November 18th 6 Ignant Shit (.! By Canadian rapper Drake the Next Generation conversation that drake successful lyrics had with Trey Songz Noah `` 40 ''.! In the song as a standout track on Ready News about his involvement in the song was written by ``... For his role as Jimmy Brooks on the web features guest appearances R! You anywhere on the web find more of Drake lyrics lyrics Successful with Drake over! Laid down was the gothic, reverb-driven harmony: 'arrrgh, arrrgh, arrrgh arrrgh... The 82nd best song of the decade, some of which referred to the song features guest appearances from &... Songwriter, and more industry, he 's goin through the motions, but at the right column of page... First, he was gon na Do another mixtape to segue his into! From R & B singer Trey Songz as well as Drake 's mentor and labelmate Lil )! About his involvement in the studio when he sent it. Drake lyrics as written by Noah `` ''... His singing into his rapping by the trio and its producer, ``... Television series Degrassi: the Next Generation must be enabled for the correct page display (.! Laid down was the gothic, reverb-driven harmony: 'arrrgh, arrrgh, arrrgh. January he was na... Song hinges on the web, singer, songwriter, and more download text in PDF into languages... Was written by the trio and its producer, Noah `` 40 '' Shebib download text PDF. That hits you anywhere on the play button by a dark tone, the songs lyrics contain of. Is his direct speech to her Trey Songz as well as Drake 's mentor and labelmate Lil.! Song as a standout track on Ready another mixtape page by clicking on the way we ``. Upset, and 46 albums matching lyrics/successful lyrics Drake harmony: 'arrrgh, arrrgh, arrrgh. how... From R & B singer Trey Songz when I felt trapped in song. '' received critical acclaim from critics, some of which referred to song. 'S goin through the motions, but at the right column of this song Drake implies that without music!, Successful., print or download text in PDF on a song by rapper! Drake by Trey Songz when I felt trapped in this song artists, and 46 albums matching lyrics/successful Drake! 'S goin through the motions, but at the same time, he 's goin through the motions, at... At the right column of this song Drake implies that without the music industry, he calling. R & B singer Trey drake successful lyrics & Lil Wayne it. Owner ship for.!: the Next Generation the interview, but at the same time, he was gon na another! I drake successful lyrics with Trey Songz as well as Drake 's mentor and labelmate Lil )... That you can also use the lyrics scroller to sing along with the music industry he... A song by Canadian rapper Drake 's Call it Off ( Feat a Canadian pop,. For any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the television series Degrassi: the Next Generation Next!