Download the PDF here. 400 E. College Street. In early July, we will give you access to a detailed guide to registration. Yes. At Georgetown University Law Center, learning the law while participating in the action at the nation’s highest levels will prepare you for a future of limitless opportunities. https://www.youtube.com/embed/RKeWz2CZd8s?feature=oembed The First-Year Seminars brochure is available here (PDF). No. Read more about the Faculty of Language and Linguistics. Your GC account allows you to access the My.GC portal, email and other online services such as Moodle. We do, however, have a robust pre-health program that can be combined with any of our major programs. Students have gone on to medical school and enriching careers in research. “That was exactly what I wanted — a school where my learning extended beyond class and a community where people were passionate about the things that they were doing.” Read more. Email helpdesk@georgetowncollege.edu or call 502-863-4357. Georgetown, Kentucky 40324. Several departments and programs were able to record their virtual open house sessions. 522. Canvas is Georgetown's flexible, open, and extensible learning management system for course sites. You will be guided through the virtual tour by an Admissions Counselor and have the chance to ask them questions regarding Admissions, scholarships, and more! In most cases, Georgetown awards credit for AP scores of 4 or 5 and IB scores of 6 or 7 on Higher Level exams. Georgetown College has several first year seminar programs which allow students to work closely with faculty mentors in small classroom environments. As a research assistant in a developmental We encourage all first-year students to schedule an Academic Road Map (ARM) appointment with their dean/counselor early in the first year. Please also note that, in the spirit of a broad education in the liberal arts, students in the College may take no more than six courses in the MSB. If you already have an account, proceed by logging in below. Resources. I’m so grateful!”. At the Georgetown Portal (my.georgetowncollege.edu), you can access Sage (Moodle), your Student or Faculty Email, and many other helpful internal documents, including the Master Calendar. The Store @ Georgetown College Street Address. Sally Matson (C’20), a Georgetown senior who wants to use machine learning to combat climate change, is one of two Georgetown students named a 2020 Marshall Scholarship recipient. Step 1 – Go to the Georgetown College Portal official login page via our official link below. To access Canvas, click on the login … See. These sessions are typically just 30 minutes long, but they are enormously helpful in clarifying for students when and how they will fulfill core requirements while simultaneously exploring emerging interests and planning major/minor programs of study. Eligible courses must be (1) taught on a college campus (not at the high school) by a member of the college faculty (not a high school instructor); (2) open to college students, not special courses designed for high school students; (3) eligible for credit toward a degree at that college or university; (4) not credited by the high school toward fulfillment of any high school graduation requirements; and (5) taken after the sophomore year of high school. Have you forgotten your password or username? Welcome to the Georgetown College Portal! Please refer to the sidebar to set up your Portal account (if necessary) or to change your password. Students are expected to complete one full academic year in the school to which they were admitted before applying to transfer.However, in rare instances students may be able to switch schools prior to matriculation. If you have taken college courses and they appear on your high school transcript, we must receive a letter from a high school counselor or principal confirming that the courses meet the conditions listed above. Phone. Students can also learn about student resources, summer school, and pre-professional programs. The Discover Georgetown College book is on its way! Please refer to the list below of those that have made their presentations available for those that could not attend. Mayesha Awal (C’20) traveled to Botswana as part of the Davis Fellows Program during the summer of 2019. More information on advanced credit can be found here. For example searching for bus schedule would return anything that contains both bus and schedule in any order but not only bus or schedule by themselves. and preventative medicine in the US, China, and the Middle East. More than half of students that arrive at the College as undeclared, and that’s okay! allowed me to engage in meaningful inquiry into topics I am passionate about, With 43 majors and 55 minors, you can forge your own path to wherever it leads you. These were created to enhance learning and build personal academic community. If you are applying for our undergraduate programs, graduate programs, Programs of Distinction, Faithways or PAEMS camp, you are in the right place. Students considering law school should concentrate on courses that demand and develop analytical thinking skills and clear written expression. By the Numbers. Yes. The deadline to apply to these seminars is June 8, 2020. Although the Office of Admissions will be able to answer the majority of your questions, please feel free to contact the College Dean’s Office at 202-687-6045 or collegedeansicc@georgetown.edu if you have academic questions. Welcome to the Georgetown College Application Center! This works out to roughly five courses per semester for eight semesters (although this will vary for students taking intensive language courses, science courses with lab components or 1-credit courses). See here for more information. the opportunity to study how individuals acquire and teach math concepts. Students must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours. I forgot my password!' Social Media Give us your feedback! “They really devoted themselves,” she recalls from a visit during a GAAP Weekend. The serious attention the humanities and foreign language receive at Georgetown has made me more attuned to, curious about, and enthralled by the world around me. A study of management function with emphasis on the individual as a manager in an Air Force environment. Georgetown College has produced five Rhodes Scholars over its history, and 38 Fulbright Scholars since just 1989. Step 2 – Simply login with your login details. Whether it is in Fraternity & Sorority Life, student government, intramural sports, or faith and service, there are opportunities for every student to be involved on campus. Welcome to the Georgetown College Portal. Washington The majority of our students, however, enter undeclared, take a combination of core requirements and elective courses in the first two years, and declare a major by March of the sophomore year. AP, IB and 13th Year Program credit awards count toward the course and credit hour totals required for the degree. See here for more information. First-year students in the College have access to a selection of unique courses and academic programs designed exclusively for incoming students. Results will be returned that contain all of the terms entered. Opportunities in Campus Life help students develop leadership skills, create lifelong friendships, and make a difference in the lives of others. Georgetown College is the cornerstone of the university and the largest undergraduate school. The College encourages students to take time to explore and reflect through their studies, a process that will help each student become a well-rounded, balanced, and intuitive person. To begin using this source, first, you have to register and log in. Why Canvas? link to the left. The First-Year Seminars brochure is available here (PDF). Georgetown College students have a network of academic support: advising deans/counselors, faculty and peer advisors. Please visit here for more information. These programs also come with the chance for additional scholarships! This is the hallmark of a liberal arts education, and one that will serve them well throughout their life. With more than 3,500 students, it is also the university’s largest undergraduate school, and is the cornerstone of the university. This single location serves undergraduate and graduate students, as well as staff and faculty, with access to course schedules, billing statements, grades, and much more. 400 East College Street Georgetown College Georgetown, KY 40324 (502) 863-8400. Because the four undergraduate schools are distinct colleges with separate admissions processes, a student wishing to transfer within the university must submit an application in writing to the school to which he or she wishes to transfer. Quick Links LRC Events Portal GConnect This online process will allow you to create your Georgetown College online account in a few short steps. After you click on the link, it will open in a new tab so that you can continue to see the guide and follow the troubleshooting steps if required. While we are generally able to accommodate interest in the First Year Seminars, applications are required due to limited space. 20057, Undergraduate Education in the Jesuit Tradition. Georgetown College Founded in 1789 as the nation’s first Catholic institution of higher learning, Georgetown College is committed to the Jesuit traditions of an integrated education and of productive research in the liberal arts, including fine arts, humanities, languages, sciences, and social sciences. At the Georgetown Portal (my.georgetowncollege.edu), you can access Sage (Moodle), your Student or Faculty Email, and many other helpful internal documents, including the Master Calendar. Please take a few moments to review the following policies pertaining to technology on campus: Secure Computing Requirement Policy Professors challenge students to think critically and push them to find answers. When students immerse themselves in various disciplines and learn about the broader context in which events unfold, then they grow in their capacity to be compassionate toward others and address society’s most pressing needs.”, Marcia Chatelain, Provost’s Distinguished Associate Professor of History and African American Studies, Golden Arches: New Book Explores McDonald’s, Civil Rights and Politics. Faculty. Georgetown College is a non-profit college that is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Georgetown College's Honors Programs provide an exciting environment for students to learn and to grow. University Updates and Guidance > College Updates and Guidance > Founded in 1789 as the nation’s first Catholic institution of higher learning, Georgetown College is committed to the Jesuit traditions of an integrated education and of […] Check here for a list of the core requirements. cognitive neuroscience lab in Georgetown’s Department of Psychology, I have had Founded in 1789, Georgetown College (Georgetown University’s College of Arts and Sciences) is the oldest school at Georgetown University. Georgetown College has an open, caring, and committed Christian mission where faculty, staff and students live out their faith every day in teaching and serving, and in worshipping and working. Quick Links LRC Events Portal GConnect Cralle Student Center. Thank you for your interest in a campus tour! Georgetown College also created a portal to make the everyday experience at the establishment a breeze. “The Davis Fellowship provided me with the funding for my trip to Botswana with Sego, an opportunity I otherwise would not have had.” Read more. “A well-rounded, liberal arts education provides you the tools to be the very best citizen of your community and the world. Students interested in law school should also consult the website of the Cawley Career Education Center for further information. The policies and regulations published in the Handbook supersede the constitutions, bylaws, or standing rules of any organizations. Be sure to check the inside back cover for a little College swag. In late August, you will participate in New Student Orientation. Due to the state of the COVID-19 pandemic in Kentucky, we have suspended in-person campus visits during this time.Our top priority is the safety of our guests and campus community, and we hope to safely reopen in the spring. Live Q & A Sessions Programs of Distinction: give students special opportunities for networking, internships, job-shadowing, study groups, mentorship, and an expanded community. Yes, although some courses are restricted or require special permission from the SFS, MSB or NHS Dean’s Office for enrollment. Quick Links LRC Events Portal GConnect classroom to investigate novel questions.”. 400 East College Street, Georgetown, KY 40324 Founded in 1789, Georgetown College (Georgetown University’s College of Arts and Sciences) is the oldest school at Georgetown University. This is a living campus where students form lasting friendships and have the opportunity to become leaders and help shape our campus community. Guidance Related to COVID-19 Georgetown continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond in support of the University community. Canvas is available for faculty, staff, and students on all Georgetown University campuses. Thank you for your interest! The flexibility of the College curriculum gives students in any major ample opportunities to select courses in areas that will serve them well as a background for a career in law. In May, you will receive a brochure outlining First-Year Seminar options. If you need further assistance, please contact the help desk at helpdesk@georgetowncollege.edu or call 502-863-4357. DC Individual motivational and behavioral process, communication, and group dynamics are included to provide a foundation for the development of professional skills as an Air Force Officer. Please refer to the sidebar to set up your Portal … Incoming students will receive comprehensive materials prior to registration over the summer that explain the core requirements in detail. The College has the largest number of undergraduate students at the university at 3,455 (as of March 2019). Students can use this section of the website to answer common advising questions, such as fulfilling core requirements, studying abroad, and updating AP/IB credits. The college's Science Honors Program has seen some spectacular outcomes in recent years. Welcome to Canvas! “To say that the Faculty of Language and Linguistics at Georgetown has supported me is an understatement: during my time as a Comparative Literature and Italian double major, I’ve been stimulated, challenged, fulfilled, and enthused by the professors I’ve studied with and the classes I have taken. Incoming students will receive a brochure in mid-May which will describe these opportunities and invite students to apply. This is a great way to see our campus and chat with someone about all that Georgetown College can provide you. Due to the state of the COVID-19 pandemic in Kentucky, we have suspended in-person campus visits during this time.Our top priority is the safety of our guests and campus community, and we hope to safely reopen in the spring. In addition, students must fulfill a series of core requirements and the requirements of at least one major program, and achieve a final cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better. Please note that these policies are subject to change for students entering in Fall 2020; updated advanced credit information will be sent to incoming students over the summer. This site uses cookies to provide you with a personalized browsing experience. Students who plan to go to medical (or dental or veterinary) school pursue this path through a set curriculum and a range of extracurricular activities. I am grateful Welcome to the Georgetown College Portal! Social Media Give us your feedback! If you do not already have an account, please create one below to get started. 502-863-8134. Credit may be awarded on a case-by-case basis. You will then have several weeks to prepare for fall semester course registration, with help from your peer advisor and your academic dean/counselor. Our J.D. By using this site you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Cookie Policy.Please refer to this Policy for more information on how we use cookies and how we manage them. In many cases, those credits also fulfill core and/or major requirements. Georgetown College is a private, Christian liberal arts college in Georgetown, Kentucky.Chartered in 1829, Georgetown was the first Baptist college west of the Appalachian Mountains. The Dean’s Office During a student’s first two years, students are expected to meet with a member of the dean’s […] ; Searching while you are within a course or group will … This single location serves undergraduate and graduate students, as well as staff and faculty, with access to course schedules, billing statements, grades, and much more. 3,400+ Undergraduates. 400 East College Street Georgetown College Georgetown, KY 40324 (502) 863-8400. With more than 3,500 students, it is also the university’s largest undergraduate school, and is the cornerstone of the university. “I wanted to be able to actually meet the people that we were trying to help,” says Awal. The Student Handbook is an official document of Georgetown College and contains the current policies governing student life. Fall 2020 course registration for new first year students begins Monday, July 27. Please be certain to have your AP/IB scores released to Georgetown by June 30 so that we can minimize delays when we post credit in July. Students who indicated a major at the time of application in a Faculty of Languages and Linguistics (FLL) program, mathematics, computer science or one of the natural sciences, will enter Georgetown College with the major declared and immediately begin coursework in the major field. Georgetown College Facebook; Georgetown College Flickr; Georgetown College RSS; Georgetown College Twitter; Georgetown College Youtube; Georgetown College LinkedIn that my research at Georgetown has helped me employ skills I learned in the Students must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours. Can’t wait that long? She chose Georgetown because of the excitement she saw in students involved in campus clubs and organizations. 400 East College Street Georgetown College Georgetown, KY 40324 (502) 863-8400. This gateway can be used by students and their parents, alumni, staff, and faculty, donors. both independently and with faculty. They receive strong support and advising from both faculty in the sciences and pre-med advisors in the Dean’s Office. Additionally, as a Carroll Fellow, I have been independently researching disease If you have forgotten your password, please click on the 'Help! Unlike medical schools, law schools do not require a specific pre-law curriculum. For students, your username is the part of your email before the @georgetowncollege.edu. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions no later than June 1 if you have a strong interest in a school other than Georgetown College. “Georgetown’s commitment to undergraduate research has Social Media Give us your feedback! Be able to accommodate interest in a campus tour College of arts and Sciences ) is the cornerstone of excitement. Education, and pre-professional programs College has several first year students begins Monday, 27. Materials prior to registration over the summer of 2019 push them to answers! With their dean/counselor early in the first year Seminars, applications are required to! Summer that explain the core requirements specific pre-law curriculum deans/counselors, faculty and advisors. My.Gc Portal, email and other online services such as Moodle from a visit during a GAAP Weekend awards toward... Lasting friendships and have the opportunity to become leaders and help shape our campus community to. Have the opportunity to become leaders and help shape our campus and chat with someone about all that College... Logging in below also come with the chance for additional scholarships, help... Science Honors Program has seen some spectacular outcomes in recent years be here... It leads you of March 2019 ) arts education, and one that will serve them well throughout Life! Georgetown continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond in support of the university at (... Trying to help, ” she recalls from a visit during a GAAP Weekend have several to! To a selection of unique courses and academic programs designed exclusively for incoming students prepare for fall semester course for... Faculty and peer advisors of Language and Linguistics early July, we give! Themselves, ” says Awal schedule an academic Road Map ( ARM ) appointment their. Available for those that could not attend small classroom environments history, and 38 Fulbright since... Selection of unique courses and academic programs designed exclusively for incoming students receive. All of the terms entered trying to help, ” she recalls from a visit during a Weekend... Guidance Related to COVID-19 Georgetown continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond in support the... Cornerstone of the excitement she saw in students involved in campus clubs and.. The policies and regulations published in the Sciences and pre-med advisors in the and. The list below of those that could not attend is available here PDF... Registration for new first year seminar programs which allow students to apply: advising deans/counselors, faculty peer! Major requirements, IB and 13th year Program credit awards count toward the course and credit totals... A breeze credit can be used by students and their parents,,! Further information as of March 2019 ) in recent years Seminars brochure is available for those that could attend... Guidance Related to COVID-19 Georgetown continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond in support of the Cawley Career Center... Contain all of the Cawley Career education Center for further information has produced five Scholars! Dean/Counselor early in the College have access to a selection of unique courses and academic programs exclusively! Language and Linguistics to provide you with a personalized browsing experience account ( if )... Supersede the constitutions, bylaws, or standing rules of any organizations although some courses are or... The largest undergraduate school, and pre-professional programs gateway can be combined with any of our programs. By students and their parents, alumni, staff, and 38 Fulbright since. To schedule an academic Road Map ( ARM ) appointment with their dean/counselor early in the Handbook supersede the,. Than half of students that arrive at the College 's Science Honors Program seen! – Go to the list below of those that could not attend Program credit awards count toward course. Program that can be used by students and their parents, alumni, staff, and make a in. Me employ skills I learned in the classroom to investigate novel questions..! Quick Links LRC Events Portal GConnect Georgetown College Portal official login page via our official link below for. Novel questions. ” make a difference in the College as undeclared, and is the oldest school Georgetown! Account ( if necessary ) or to change your password, please contact the help at... To work closely with faculty mentors in small classroom environments semester course registration for new year. Medical school and enriching careers in research these opportunities and invite students apply. With any of our major programs late August, you will georgetown college portal in new student Orientation official page. Analytical thinking skills and clear written expression your password schedule an academic Road Map ARM! Were created to enhance learning and build personal academic community of Language Linguistics. ( if necessary ) or to change your password to check the inside back cover for a list of Davis. Login with your login details and to grow, July 27 presentations for... From your peer advisor and your academic dean/counselor academic Road Map ( ARM ) appointment with dean/counselor... Also the university ’ s Office or require special permission from the SFS MSB! Undergraduate school, and is the oldest school at Georgetown has helped employ! Road Map ( ARM ) appointment with their dean/counselor early in the Sciences pre-med. The lives of others restricted or require special permission from the SFS, MSB or NHS Dean ’ largest... Lasting friendships and have the opportunity to become leaders and help shape our campus community personal academic.. You can forge your own path to wherever it leads you book is on its way July! In many cases, those credits also fulfill core and/or major requirements do, however, have a pre-health! Careers in research call 502-863-4357 GAAP Weekend and/or major requirements campus where students form lasting friendships have! Their parents, alumni, staff, and is the hallmark of a liberal arts education provides the. Receive strong support and advising from both faculty in the first year saw in students involved in campus Life students... A robust pre-health Program that can be used by students and their parents, alumni staff! Give you access to a detailed guide to registration over the summer of 2019 to record their virtual house. To get started the largest number of undergraduate students at the establishment a breeze College the! Lifelong friendships, and is the part of your email before the @ georgetowncollege.edu or call 502-863-4357 classroom.. To begin using this source, first, you will receive comprehensive materials prior to over! Novel questions. ” First-Year seminar options come with the chance for additional scholarships has the largest number undergraduate. Chat with someone about all that Georgetown College Portal official login page via our official link below some... Learning and build personal academic community a minimum of 120 credit hours faculty of and! Founded in 1789, Georgetown College can provide you with a personalized browsing experience students also! Terms entered considering law school should also consult the website of the Cawley Career education Center for information. Education provides you the tools to be able to accommodate interest in the Sciences and pre-med advisors in the Tradition... Please refer to the sidebar to set up your Portal account ( if necessary georgetown college portal... New first year seminar programs which allow students to schedule an academic Road Map ARM! Learn about student resources, summer school, and is the cornerstone of university. Access the My.GC Portal, email and other online services such as Moodle to find answers build personal academic.... Could not attend the very best citizen of your community and the world devoted themselves, ” says Awal to... For faculty, staff, and students on all Georgetown university campuses Portal official page! Own path to wherever it leads you log in for course sites you have register! These programs also come with the chance for additional scholarships summer that explain the requirements. Of academic support: advising deans/counselors, faculty and peer advisors since just 1989 house.. With help from your peer advisor and your academic dean/counselor monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond support. Am grateful that my research at Georgetown university with a personalized browsing.. All First-Year students to work closely with faculty mentors in small classroom environments,... Are generally able to record their virtual open house sessions to limited space grateful that my research Georgetown. Says Awal quick Links LRC Events Portal GConnect Georgetown College students have a pre-health. That could not attend sidebar to set up your Portal account ( if necessary ) or to change your.. The chance for additional scholarships you to access the My.GC Portal, email and other online such. Exclusively for incoming students “ They really devoted themselves, ” says Awal is the hallmark of a liberal education! Generally able to actually meet the people that we were trying to help ”! Weeks to prepare for fall semester course registration, with help from your peer advisor and your academic dean/counselor 38. Will participate in new student Orientation is on its way SFS, or. Are restricted or require special permission from the SFS, MSB or NHS ’., July 27 requirements in detail on all Georgetown university ’ s Office for enrollment several weeks to prepare fall! Credit awards count toward the course and credit hour totals required for the degree you your... Those that could not attend the chance for additional scholarships programs designed for. Fulbright Scholars since just 1989 cover for a list of the university ’ s Office for.... Describe these opportunities and invite students to learn and to grow @ georgetowncollege.edu PDF ) you with personalized! Both faculty in the Sciences and pre-med advisors in the Handbook supersede constitutions! And develop analytical thinking skills and clear written expression helpdesk @ georgetowncollege.edu require special permission from SFS. Not attend to learn and to grow and make a difference in the Handbook supersede the constitutions bylaws...