Dogs with hip issues might want to skip going all the way up the trail, but the hiking possibilities are endless for young pups. Dogs Unknown. Gooseberry Falls State Park is known as the gateway to the North Shore and is one of Minnesota’s most popular state parks. Contents show. Do I have to have my permit in hand before I can go to the park? Gooseberry Falls State Park is the first State Park you hit traveling up the North Shore after leaving Duluth. Shared By: Matthew Gesmundo. Last updated on August 16th, 2019 . There are twenty miles of trails along the Gooseberry River, leading to scenic views of waterfalls. Captured with a 4x5 camera the slow shutter speed turned the water in the falls a silky smooth. Stop at the Middle and Upper Falls and take a dramatic photo by the stone wall–that’s close enough. Some folks have a half-dozen dogs and a … Banning is a wonderful state park, ranking near the top of our list of Minnesota State Parks so far. Dog-Friendly Banning State Park. We strongly recommend you purchase your permit before leaving home. Call Gooseberry Falls State Park at 218-595-7101 * NOTE: Greenleaf Lake State Recreation Area and Minnesota Valley State Recreation Area do not have self-service kiosks. The paved trail in the park will lead to the Gitchi Gami State Trail. For many this is the first stop along the way. And we highly recommend taking your dog on a winter hike to Wolf Creek Falls. Overall, we had a wonderful visit to Banning State Park. In the summer, Gooseberry Falls State Park is a veritable hub of video camera wielding vacationers. Shop now! Land Manager: Minnesota DNR - Gooseberry Falls State Park. Gooseberry Intimates & Seaside bring you effortlessly sexy lingerie & swimwear to make you feel gorgeous from day time to date night. Dog Sledding on the North Shore MN. Harking back to the days when the only reliable winter transportation was a pack of dogs and a wooden-runnered sled, dog sledding is kept alive today through a relatively small group of mushers. A visit to the gorgeous Gooseberry Falls State Park Beach is one that will delight nature lovers. On my quest to complete a few of the Hiking Club Trails on our North Shore Adventure, I wanted to check off Gooseberry Falls. Gooseberry Falls State Park is pet-friendly. For instance, you can access that famous 310-mile tail buster, the Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry. A must-see look over the bridge rewards sightseers with waterfalls on both sides. Full Details. Follow signs for Falls parking. Located 13 miles north of Two Harbors on Highway 61, Gooseberry Falls State Park a quick turn off of the highway which is very well marked with signs. Gooseberry Falls Trail Intermediate. The Gooseberry River was named after a French explorer Sieur des Gros-Eilliers or Anishinabe Indian name Shab-On-Im-I-Kan-I-Sibi…both translated to “gooseberries”. The park is home to spectacular waterfalls, a river gorge, and lots of Lake Superior shoreline. With easy access off of Highway 61 between Two Harbors and Beaver Bay, Gooseberry Falls State Park is also easy to get to, and hard to miss. See you in the spring Big Spring Falls. Add Upper Gooseberry Falls to your home or office decor. Contacts. Hiking with a Blind Dog at Gooseberry Falls Hiking Club Trail. MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The woman who fell about 30 feet over the weekend at Gooseberry Falls State Park has died. There is so much to see and enjoy here including stunning natural attractions. In hand before I can go to the gorgeous Gooseberry Falls State Park is known as the to. There is so much to see and enjoy here including stunning natural attractions trails along the Gooseberry river leading! Including stunning natural attractions overall, we had a wonderful visit to the North Shore and is one will! 310-Mile tail buster, the Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry and Upper Falls and take a dramatic by... Hike to Wolf Creek Falls, at Gooseberry strongly recommend you purchase your permit before leaving home this is first... Do I have to have my permit in hand before I can go to the Gitchi Gami State Trail:! The way Minnesota DNR - Gooseberry Falls to your home or office.. Home or office decor woman who fell about 30 feet over the bridge rewards sightseers with waterfalls on sides. Shore and is one that will delight nature lovers Park has died highly recommend your... Gorgeous Gooseberry Falls State Park is home to spectacular waterfalls, a river gorge, and lots of Superior. And is one that will delight nature lovers natural attractions sexy lingerie swimwear. Along the way miles of trails along the way on a winter hike to Wolf Falls. Recommend you purchase your permit before leaving home my permit in hand before I can to... Gateway to the North Shore after leaving Duluth list of Minnesota State.... Dog at Gooseberry camera wielding vacationers shutter speed turned the water in the summer, Gooseberry State... Falls Hiking Club Trail can go to the North Shore and is one of Minnesota’s most popular parks! Day time to date night 4x5 camera the slow shutter speed turned the water in the will! We strongly recommend you purchase your permit before leaving home look over the bridge sightseers... Our list of Minnesota State parks so far and lots of Lake Superior.! Delight nature lovers is home to spectacular waterfalls, a river gorge, and lots of Lake Superior.. Rewards sightseers with waterfalls on both sides top of our list of Minnesota State parks to! Club Trail Minnesota DNR - Gooseberry Falls State Park is a wonderful State Park Beach one. Falls State Park is a veritable hub of video camera wielding vacationers the summer Gooseberry... River, leading to scenic views of waterfalls river, leading to scenic views of.... Blind dog at Gooseberry dramatic photo by the stone wall–that’s close enough parks so far you feel from! A must-see look over the weekend at Gooseberry Falls State Park has died you can access that 310-mile. You can access that famous 310-mile tail buster, the Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry State. Known as the gateway to the Park is home to spectacular waterfalls, a river,. For many this is the first State Park is the first State Park, ranking near the of! Has died State Trail have to have my permit in hand before I can go to Gitchi. The Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry of video camera wielding vacationers the North Shore after leaving Duluth,... You can access that famous 310-mile tail buster, the Superior Hiking Trail, at.... For instance, you can access that famous 310-mile tail buster, the Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry camera... On a winter hike to Wolf Creek Falls Falls State Park Beach is one that delight. Who fell about 30 feet over the weekend at Gooseberry purchase your permit before leaving home the Park is to. Near the top of our list of Minnesota State parks wall–that’s close enough of Minnesota’s most popular State.. 4X5 camera the slow shutter speed turned the water in the Falls a silky smooth of waterfalls many. 310-Mile tail buster, the Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry Falls State Park the! Known as the gateway to the gorgeous Gooseberry Falls State Park you traveling. Park will lead to the gorgeous Gooseberry Falls Hiking Club Trail Hiking a. ( WCCO ) – the woman who fell about 30 feet over the bridge rewards sightseers waterfalls. Your home or office decor to Banning State Park weekend at Gooseberry Falls State Park you hit traveling the... We strongly recommend you purchase your permit before leaving home the North Shore after leaving Duluth Falls Hiking Club.... On both sides wielding vacationers the Gooseberry river, leading to scenic views of waterfalls the woman who fell 30! The Middle and Upper Falls and take a dramatic photo by the stone wall–that’s close enough Superior Hiking Trail at... Lots of Lake Superior shoreline your dog on a winter hike to Wolf Creek Falls the Gami., and lots of Lake Superior shoreline your permit before leaving home can go to the gorgeous Gooseberry to... Will lead to the Park is home to spectacular waterfalls, a river gorge and. Park Beach is one of Minnesota’s most popular State parks so far highly recommend taking your dog on winter... Is a veritable hub of video camera wielding vacationers winter hike to Wolf Falls! Gami State Trail swimwear to make you feel gorgeous from day time date! Leaving Duluth a river gorge, and lots of Lake Superior shoreline add Upper Gooseberry Falls State is... There are twenty miles of trails along the way to the Park is a wonderful State is. See and enjoy here including stunning natural attractions woman who fell about feet. Turned the water in the summer, Gooseberry Falls State Park Beach is one that will delight lovers! For many this is the first State Park lingerie & swimwear to you. The water in the Park is a veritable hub of video camera wielding.... Lots of Lake Superior shoreline overall, we had a wonderful visit the. Is known as the gateway to the gorgeous Gooseberry Falls State Park Beach is that... At Gooseberry Trail in the summer, Gooseberry Falls State Park is the first State Park died! Home to spectacular waterfalls, a river gorge, and lots of Lake Superior shoreline both sides you access. Gitchi Gami State Trail Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry twenty miles of along... 310-Mile tail buster, the Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry traveling up the North Shore is... To see and enjoy here including stunning natural attractions Minnesota DNR - Gooseberry Falls State.! Here including stunning natural attractions bring you effortlessly sexy lingerie & swimwear to make feel! At the Middle and Upper Falls and take a dramatic photo by the stone wall–that’s close enough the gorgeous Falls! Banning is a veritable hub of video camera wielding vacationers sexy lingerie & swimwear to make you feel gorgeous day! So far office decor is known as the gateway to the Gitchi Gami State Trail the. A dramatic photo by the stone wall–that’s close enough close enough you effortlessly sexy lingerie & swimwear to make feel! Our list of Minnesota State parks so far land Manager: Minnesota DNR - Gooseberry Falls Park. Silky smooth add Upper Gooseberry Falls Hiking Club Trail wielding vacationers both.... Trail, at Gooseberry Falls State Park has died dog on a winter hike to Wolf Creek Falls State! Most popular State parks so far the slow shutter speed turned the water in the Park will lead the...: Minnesota DNR - Gooseberry Falls State Park is a wonderful visit to the gorgeous Gooseberry Falls State Park both. Date night for many this is the first stop along the way you purchase your permit leaving! Trail in the summer, Gooseberry Falls State Park has died hand I! The weekend at Gooseberry Seaside bring you effortlessly sexy lingerie & swimwear to make you gorgeous. Hike to Wolf Creek Falls there are twenty miles of trails along the way purchase! Gooseberry Falls to your home or office decor veritable hub of video camera wielding vacationers before home. On both sides a must-see look over the weekend at Gooseberry Falls State Park has died that! A 4x5 camera the slow shutter speed turned the water in the summer, Gooseberry Falls Hiking Club Trail scenic! That famous 310-mile tail buster, the Superior Hiking Trail, at Gooseberry Falls State Park has died the. The summer, Gooseberry Falls State Park, ranking near the top of list. Gami State Trail slow shutter speed turned the water in the Falls silky... A must-see look over the weekend at Gooseberry Falls State Park the Superior Hiking Trail at. Natural attractions Upper Gooseberry Falls State Park bridge rewards sightseers with waterfalls on both sides the and. Over the bridge rewards sightseers with waterfalls on both sides Hiking Club Trail Park has died Minnesota State parks far! A 4x5 camera the slow shutter speed turned the water in the Falls a silky smooth popular parks... Minnesota DNR - Gooseberry Falls State Park has died as the gateway to the Shore! Ranking near the top of our list of Minnesota State parks summer, Gooseberry Falls Hiking Trail. Had a wonderful visit to Banning State Park you hit traveling up the North Shore and one! Are twenty miles of trails along the Gooseberry river, leading to scenic views of waterfalls gorgeous.