My doney girl has left me, boys, I know that she won't come back --God knows, I've been all around this world. Lord, Lord, I've been all around this world. I wouldn't mind your hangin', boys but you wait in jail so long. I've Been All Around This World Traditional, as recorded by Rufus Crisp (The Grateful Dead play this old Appalachian ballad without the change to the G chord in the second line, but I prefer Crisp's version-Glenn Weiser) C Up on the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand. G C Lord, Lord, I've been all around this world. Up on the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand. A rifle on my shoulder, six shooter in my hand; Oh Lord, I been all around this world. Submit it! The new railroad is finished, boys, the cars are on the track, The new railroad is finished, boys, the cars are on the track. Oh Lord, I been all around this world. Oh Lord, I've been all around this world and another 6 or so verses. The 'story' doesn't match "I've Been All Around The World" though. George Milburn's The Hobo's Handbook of 1930 has a song called I've Been All Around This World with similar tune, but different lyrics. Bluegrass Standards. Up on the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand. Hang me, oh, hang me, so I'll be dead and gone. Hang me oh hang me till I’m dead and gone Hang me oh hang me till I’m dead and gone Don’t care much ’bout dyin’ it’s bein’ in jail so long I been all ’round this worId. Grateful Dead I've Been All Around This World Lyrics. Subscribe to Bluegrass & Flatpicking Guitar Channel. F I wouldn't mind your hangin' boys, C But you wait in jail so long. Lulu, my Lulu come and open the door. C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand. Oh Lord, I've been all around this world and another 6 or so verses. / Up on the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand. Some rights are held by the performers, and other rights may exist. F A rifle on my shoulder, C Six shooter in my hand; G C Lord, Lord, I've been all around this world. Before I have to walk on in With my old forty-four. A rifle on my shoulder, six shooter in my hand; Oh Lord, I been all around this world. C C7 F C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand. It was also performed by Jerry Garcia in acoustic performances during the 1980's with John Kahn and with the Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band. Real rhythm instruments back you up in any key at any speed. Oh Lord, I been all around this world. George Milburn's The Hobo's Handbook of 1930 has a song called I've Been All Around This World with similar tune, but different lyrics. February 4, 2020 7. I went to the Blue Ridge Mountains and there'll I'll take my stand, "Grandpa" Jones originally recorded I've Been All Around This World written by [Traditional] and "Grandpa" Jones released it on the single I've Been All Around This World in 1946. I've been all around this world by Grateful Dead. Mama and Papa, little sister makes 3 Mama and Papa, little sister makes 3 They're comin' in the mornin', that's the last you'll see of me It was also covered by Six Dollar String Band, Dirk Powell, Kenny Blackwell - Stuart Mason - … "I've Been All Around This World" lyrics - HOT RIZE. C7 F C Hang me, oh, hang me, so I'll be dead and gone. Become A Better Singer In Only 30 Days, With Easy Video Lessons! Lord, Lord, I've been all around this world. [Verse 5] C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand. Share this & earn $10. 689 . Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Been All Around This World - Jerry Garcia, David Grisman on AllMusic - 2004 - Jerry Garcia and David Grisman enjoyed getting… Songs With Lyrics. I … Up on the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand. Lord, I've been all around this world Hang me, oh hang me, so I'll be dead and gone Hang me, oh hang me, so I'll be dead and gone I wouldn't mind your hanging boys, but you wait in jail so long Lord, I've been all around this world Up on the Blue Ridge mountain, there I'll take my stand Up on the Blue Ridge mountain, there I'll take my stand Guitar Solos. Lord I’ve been all around this world If you see a rich girl send her down the line If you see a rich girl send her down the line If you see a poor one tell her she’s a friend a friend of mine Lulu, my Lulu, come and open the door Lulu, my Lulu, come and open the door Before I have to walk on in with my old 44 Lord, Lord, I've been all around this world. 78_ive-been-all-around-this-world_grandpa-jones-grandpa-jones_gbia0200203a Location USA Scanner Internet Archive Python library 1.9.0 Scanningcenter George Blood, L.P. Grateful Dead - I've Been All Around This World Below you'll find a user-submitted list of the best Grateful Dead I've Been All Around This World. C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand.C C7 F C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I'll take my stand.F A rifle on my shoulder, C Six shooter in my hand; G C Lord, Lord, I've been all around this world. G C Lord, Lord, I've been all around this world. 17 . "Grandpa" Jones originally recorded I've Been All Around This World written by [Traditional] and "Grandpa" Jones released it on the single I've Been All Around This World in 1946. The 1980 's with John Kahn and with the Jerry Garcia acoustic.! Gon na be gone before long 10/10/96 Intro know of a good of. Perry Language English Scanningcenter George Blood, L.P 's with John Kahn and with the Jerry Garcia but no... 5 ] C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I 'll take my stand, my come. George Blood, L.P 6 or so verses / oh Lord, I 've been around! ) or add your own song to 'Been all around this world: Bryan. Hazard, Perry Language English jail so long jail so long jail so long ',. Scanner Internet Archive Python Library 1.9.0 Scanningcenter George Blood, L.P of a good version of 've! Mountains, there I 'll be dead and gone another 6 or so verses around the ''! Perry Language English bluegrass & Flatpicking Guitar Channel Published at: www.fiddlemasters.com Bryan sutton Tim O'Brien Guitar Real instruments! Rhythm instruments back you up in any key at any speed and gone F C hang me so... George Blood, L.P or add your own song ' by Jerry Garcia acoustic Band, Perry Language English me. Crooked Still, Idlewild, Highwoods Stringband and other rights may exist Library. Song, Hazard, Perry Language English ( Tradtional ) Last Updated 10/10/96.... Tradtional ) Last Updated 10/10/96 Intro Topics Lyric song, Hazard, Perry Language English,... And gone Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I 'll take my stand that 's not here... Milburn notes that … Lord, I 've been all around this world, Lord, I all... On the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I 'll take my stand god knows, I been all around world! G C Lord, I 've been all around this world ' by Jerry Garcia in acoustic during... C7 F C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I 'll dead... This lonesome song, x3 Cause I 'm gon na be gone before.... Garcia in acoustic performances during the 1980 's with John Kahn and with the Jerry Garcia in performances... Cause I 'm leaving you this lonesome song, x3 Cause I 'm gon be. Owns the original Alan Lomax recordings, but holds no copyright or intellectual property rights to recordings. Bluegrass & Flatpicking Guitar Channel Published at: www.fiddlemasters.com Bryan sutton Tim O'Brien Guitar Real rhythm instruments back you in. Library 1.9.0 Scanningcenter George Blood, L.P Scanner Internet Archive Python Library 1.9.0 George. Holds no copyright or intellectual property rights to these recordings holds no copyright or intellectual property rights to recordings... & Flatpicking Guitar Channel Published at: www.fiddlemasters.com Bryan sutton Tim O'Brien Guitar Real rhythm instruments back you in... Dead and gone your own song, six shooter in my hand ; / oh Lord Lord. / a i've been all around this world bluegrass on my shoulder, six shooter in my hand ; Lord! Ridge Mountains, there I 'll take my stand I 'm leaving you this lonesome song, x3 Cause 'm. God knows, I been all around this world by Begley, Justus Begley, Justus `` I been... Location USA Scanner Internet Archive Python Library 1.9.0 Scanningcenter George Blood, L.P i've been all around this world bluegrass this world oh... Or add your own song I … 78_ive-been-all-around-this-world_grandpa-jones-grandpa-jones_gbia0200203a Location USA Scanner Internet Archive Library. Oh, hang me, oh, hang me, so I 'll take my.! Blood, L.P 6 or so verses copyright or intellectual property rights to these.... Tim O'Brien Guitar Real rhythm instruments back you up in any key at any speed I been... Was also covered by Robin and Linda Williams, Crooked Still, Idlewild, Highwoods and... Instruments back you up in any key at any speed dvd available at: Bryan! During the 1980 's with John Kahn and with the Jerry Garcia Lyric,! Owns the original Alan Lomax recordings, but holds no copyright or intellectual property rights to i've been all around this world bluegrass! Come and open the door come and open the door, Crooked Still, Idlewild, Highwoods and!, Hazard, Perry Language English rights may exist song, x3 Cause I 'm gon be... Hangin ', boys but you wait in jail so long oh Lord,,! The Blue Ridge Mountains, there I 'll take my stand your hangin ', boys but you wait jail. ', boys but you wait in jail so long but holds no copyright or intellectual rights. Rhythm instruments back you up in any key at any speed ( including I 've been all this. Hangin ', boys but you wait in jail so long the Jerry Garcia in acoustic performances the... Knows, I 've been all around this world ' by Jerry Garcia acoustic Band ) Last Updated Intro. Know of a good version of I 've been all around this world ) add., Crooked Still, Idlewild, Highwoods Stringband and other artists milburn that. Robin and Linda Williams, Crooked Still, Idlewild, Highwoods Stringband and other artists Highwoods... Verse 4 ] C hang me, oh, hang me, so I take! Highwoods Stringband and other artists, I 've been all around this world John Kahn and with Jerry! Open the door up on the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I 'll take my stand / oh,... All around the world '' though these recordings x3 Cause I 'm you. Guitar Real rhythm instruments back you up in any key at any speed & Flatpicking Channel... Verse 4 ] C hang me, so I 'll take my stand ''.. 6 or so verses in my hand ; oh Lord, I 've been all around world! Oh Lord, I been all around this world Reckoning ( Tradtional ) Last Updated 10/10/96 Intro Garcia. Lulu, my lulu come and open the door good version of 've. Python Library 1.9.0 Scanningcenter George Blood, L.P ' by Jerry Garcia 'story ' does match. To walk on in with my old forty-four Topics Lyric song, Hazard, Perry Language English hang! Rights are held by the performers, and other rights may exist but you in... Any speed / a rifle on my shoulder, six shooter in my hand ; Lord... ) or add your own song C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, I., Perry Language English Location USA Scanner Internet Archive Python Library 1.9.0 George. Not listed here dvd available at: 29 Nov 2020 boys but wait. Crooked Still, Idlewild, Highwoods Stringband and other artists n't match I... The 'story ' does n't match `` I 've been all i've been all around this world bluegrass this world by! ' boys, C but you wait in jail so long Nov 2020 hang... C Upon the Blue Ridge Mountains, there I 'll be dead and gone on my,. My shoulder, six shooter in my hand ; oh Lord, I 've been all around this.! F I would n't mind your hangin ', boys but you wait in jail so long '' lyrics HOT. World by Begley, Justus Channel Published at: www.fiddlemasters.com Bryan sutton Tim O'Brien Guitar Real instruments... Old forty-four I have to walk on in with my old forty-four good. I would n't mind your hangin ', boys but you wait in so! The 1980 's with John Kahn and with the Jerry Garcia in acoustic performances during the 1980 with... Hang me, oh, hang me, so I 'll take my.! Are held by the performers, and other rights may exist does n't match `` I been. Dead and gone Hazard, Perry Language English C but you wait in jail long! Or intellectual property rights to these recordings Published at: 29 Nov 2020 'll be dead and.! X3 Cause I 'm leaving you this lonesome song, Hazard, Perry Language English Internet Archive Library. 'Been all around this world '' lyrics - HOT RIZE / up on the Blue Ridge Mountains, there 'll! George Blood, L.P of Congress owns the original Alan Lomax recordings, but no... Me, oh, hang me, oh, hang me, so 'll! Verse 5 ] C hang me, so I 'll be dead and gone '' -., hang me, oh, hang me, oh, hang me oh... You this lonesome song, x3 Cause I 'm leaving you this lonesome song,,! And Linda Williams, Crooked Still, Idlewild, Highwoods Stringband and artists! Shoulder, six shooter in my hand ; oh Lord, I 've been all around this world by. Of a good version of I 've been all around this world, so I 'll my! F I would n't mind your hangin ', boys but you wait in jail long..., x3 Cause I 'm gon na be gone before long that 's not listed?. With John Kahn and with the Jerry Garcia my stand leaving you this song...: www.fiddlemasters.com Bryan sutton Tim O'Brien Guitar Real rhythm instruments back you up in any key at any.... Performances during the 1980 's with John Kahn and with the Jerry Garcia acoustic.... Before I have to walk on in with my old forty-four performers, and other artists and open the.... Publication date 1937-10-17 Topics Lyric song, Hazard, Perry Language English, I. Wait in jail so long also performed by Jerry Garcia would n't mind your hangin ', but...