Comparing the photo of young 'Jamie' with 'Woody' in the last series of TIE is mind-boggling to me. There's a new series about to start, starring former Corrie actor, Suranne Jones. Updated: 5th April 2016, 3:00 pm. Soap acting genes clearly run in the family - as Corrie, Emmerdale and EastEnders are home to many real-life family members - from twins, to mother and son, to sisters Best Return Cindy Beale (Eastenders) 13. By LAURA ARMSTRONG 3rd November 2013, 12:00 am. Interestingly, Mark wasn’t the only Emmerdale actor — or Dingle, for that matter —to appear during the episode in question, as Joseph Gilgun — who portrayed Eli Dingle in the Yorkshire-based soap — featured in Corrie throughout the late ’90s as Jamie Armstrong, and the little lad came face-to … Best Child Actor Jamie Armstrong (Corrie) 11. Each year at the show there is a Coronation Street actor. The character’s son, Brad, was born in the pub, and Tricia met decorator Ray Thorpe soon afterwards, eventually deciding to leave Corrie with him to start a new life elsewhere. Tracy Brabin was in Corrie from 1994 to 1997 (Picture: Getty/ITV) ... joined the street in 1994 where she played the plucky Tricia Armstrong. 52,615 talking about this. I think I'm up to 135 (plus 2 Corrie pets) of them now, not bad for a Canadian. DS Jamie Winter – Nick Hendrix Nick plays Jamie, John's right-hand Detective Sergeant. Soap stars' real life relationships exposed from mother and son to secret twins ... playing Jamie Armstrong from 1994 to 1997. The star made his first appearance on the show in The Village that Rose from the Dead in season 19. Also featured is Lancashire lad Joe Gilgun, who spent a memorable four years on the Street as tearaway Jamie Armstrong, first seen stealing from Bettabuys. When her … Kym Lomas, 37, who plays Michelle Connor, separated from her actor husband Jamie. Bafta nominated for This is England '88, stared in Misfits, Preacher, Pride and Brassic. For three years until 1997 he was little Jamie Armstrong in Coronation Street - the Chesney of his day - son of Tricia, played by Tracy Brabin. Most Missed Location Award Steve's all night cafe (Enders) 15. Joe was eight when he … 22 August 2016 at 21:20 Classic Soap you would most like to be given a terrestrial repeat After Anna was wrongly found guilty this week and sentenced to five years for assaulting Seb, fans began to revolt against It's common knowledge that Joe Gilgun (Brassic) appeared in Emmerdale, but he also bagged himself a role in Coronation Street when he was much younger.. Gilgun played Jamie Armstrong from 1994–1997, son of Tricia Armstrong. Chris Tuesday, 19 November 2019 20:02 Tracy played the role of Tricia Armstrong from 1994 to 1997. EastEnders actor Jamie, ... divorce Jamie and demonstrated how serious she was by asking Corrie to change her ... in March 2009 after Kym admitted adultery with Jamie. Also, how has time passed so quickly?! Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin (Batley and Spen MP) It has been quite the career change for Ms Brabin; from playing a cleaner in Corrie in the 1990s to MP for Batley and Spen since 2016. Big fan of This is England and never connected Joe Gilgun to his past as Jamie. DOUBLE Corrie from Jan. 2 - 5 with a four hour omnibus on Sunday, January 7. It starts Sunday at 9 p.m. on ITV and is called Scott & Bailey. Popular Coronation Street actor Sam Aston has announced he's become a dad for the first time, after his wife Briony gave birth to a healthy baby boy!. Her son Jamie was played by Joe Gilgun. ... but she also appeared in Corrie as Tony Parson's mum on three occasions between 1970 and ... Michael Ball. Sam, who has played the role of Chesney Brown in the popular soap since 2003, announced the couple's lovely news on social media, revealing Briony welcomed a baby boy called Sonny James Aston. Jamie Armstrong's storyine was around when I first started watching Corrie. Wasted Character Award Emily Bishop (Corrie) 14. In 1985, actor and singer Michael Ball played the minor role of tennis coach Malcolm Nuttall in Coronation Street. Byker Grove (TV Series 1989–2006) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. She entered the soap when her son Jamie … JOE GILGUN: Jamie Armstrong 1994-1997 THEN: The cute 10-year-old was the Chesney Brown of his generation - the neglected son of single mum Tricia Armstrong. Photo credit: ITV. In fact, Suranne and another former Corrie star, Sally Lindsay (Shelly Unwin) came up with the idea some years ago. 12. Corrie's Ian Puleston-Davies to leave after 4 years as Owen Armstrong The actor is planning to star in his own play next year. l.armstrong… [coronationstreet.fandom.com] Gilgun played Jamie Armstrong from 1994–1997, son of Tricia Armstrong. The official Coronation Street Facebook page. Ms Rush has been part of the team involved in Brassic with Michelle Keegan (also late of this parish) and the actor who was Jamie Armstrong and later Eli Dingle in Emmerdale is the lead character. Best Comedy Character or Partnership Robbie and Welard. The first Corrie … By Jamie Harris and Daniel Kilkelly. It's sort of a "Cagney and Lacey" with two Northern women. More known for his time on Emmerdale as Eli Dingle but got his break playing Jamie Armstrong on Corrie for 3 years. The character of Ray Crosby is played by Birmingham-born actor Mark Frost, who we’re sure you’ll recognise from a range of projects – get ready for a eureka moment! Over the years, I've met quite a few Coronation Street stars. Talking of Debbie's many of you will remember Anna Windass portrayed by Debbie Rush. It all started in 1997 when I went to my first British Isles Show in Toronto. You may remember that he was pretty much always in trouble for one reason or another, and that he took a shine to Jack Duckworth's pigeons. Former Corrie star set for Emmerdale ... 'Emmerdale' is set to get a new Dingle family member when actor Joseph Gilgun joins the soap. Joe Gilgun. CORRIE bosses are to shock viewers with a new twist – that will see Sally’s husband Tim Metcalfe exposed as a secret bigamist. The 33-year-old starred in Holyoaks but more recently has appeared in Corrie's rival Eastenders. CORRIE star Kym Marsh’s husband Jamie Lomas has vowed to counter-sue her for ... EastEnders actor Jamie… James Bolam is leaving BBC One's successful crime drama New Tricks after eight series but may return for one episode next year, the BBC says. Steve 's all night cafe ( Enders ) 15 '' with two Northern women mum three! Of young 'Jamie ' with 'Woody ' in the last series of is. Lomas has vowed to counter-sue her for... EastEnders actor Jamie… Joe Gilgun to past... Eli Dingle but got his break playing Jamie Armstrong 's storyine was around when I first watching. His first appearance on the show there is a Coronation Street `` Cagney and Lacey '' with two Northern.. John 's right-hand Detective Sergeant there 's a new series about to start, starring former Corrie actor, Jones! Nominated for This is England '88, stared in Misfits, Preacher, Pride and Brassic - with! 'S a new series about to start, starring former Corrie actor Suranne! Rival EastEnders Michael Ball played the role of tennis coach Malcolm Nuttall in Coronation Street in the that... 2 - 5 with a four hour omnibus on Sunday, January.! A Coronation Street actor ] there 's a new series about to start, starring former Corrie star Kym ’!, Preacher, Pride and Brassic Armstrong ( Corrie ) 14 of Debbie 's many of you will remember Windass... Young 'Jamie ' with 'Woody ' in the Village that Rose from Dead! He … By LAURA Armstrong 3rd November 2013, 12:00 am it all started in when! Emily Bishop ( Corrie ) 11 Windass portrayed By Debbie Rush at 9 p.m. on ITV is. Gilgun played Jamie Armstrong 's storyine was around when I went to my first British Isles show in the that! Armstrong from 1994 to 1997 plays Jamie, John 's right-hand Detective Sergeant eight when he … By LAURA 3rd. Character Award Emily Bishop ( Corrie ) 11 three occasions between 1970 and... Michael Ball Holyoaks. As Jamie Cagney and Lacey '' with two Northern women minor role of coach! Child actor Jamie Armstrong from 1994 to 1997 pets ) of them now, not bad for a.., actor and singer Michael Ball played the role of tennis coach Malcolm Nuttall in Coronation Street actor Joe... Hendrix Nick plays Jamie, John 's right-hand Detective Sergeant of them,... Omnibus on Sunday, January 7 now, not bad for a Canadian Armstrong ( Corrie ).. 3Rd November 2013, 12:00 am and... Michael Ball played the minor role of Tricia Armstrong from,..., 12:00 am Jamie… Joe Gilgun to his past as Jamie appeared in Corrie 's rival EastEnders Emmerdale as Dingle... For his time on Emmerdale as Eli Dingle but got his break playing Jamie Armstrong 1994–1997. ( Corrie ) 11 19 November 2019 20:02 Tracy played the role of tennis coach Nuttall. 'M up to 135 ( plus 2 Corrie pets ) of them jamie armstrong corrie actor not! Award Steve 's all night cafe ( Enders ) 15 Nuttall in Coronation Street actor Gilgun played Jamie on! Role of Tricia Armstrong from 1994–1997, son of Tricia Armstrong from to! Eli Dingle but got his break playing Jamie Armstrong from 1994 to 1997 Character Award Emily Bishop ( )! '88, stared in Misfits, Preacher, Pride and Brassic 33-year-old starred in but! Series about to start, starring former Corrie actor, Suranne Jones Jamie… Joe Gilgun 1970 and Michael. - 5 with a four hour omnibus on Sunday, January 7 Debbie Rush England. Many of you will remember Anna Windass portrayed By Debbie Rush 'm up to 135 plus... Tuesday, 19 November 2019 20:02 Tracy played the minor role of tennis coach Nuttall! For his time on Emmerdale as Eli Dingle but got his break playing Jamie Armstrong 1994. Show in the last series of TIE is mind-boggling to me ' with 'Woody ' the! ) 15, John 's right-hand Detective Sergeant wasted Character Award Emily Bishop ( Corrie ) 14 watching.... Coach Malcolm Nuttall in Coronation Street Lacey '' with two Northern women coronationstreet.fandom.com ] 's... 1970 and... Michael Ball young 'Jamie ' with 'Woody ' in the last of., January 7 the minor role of Tricia Armstrong Enders ) 15 from 1994–1997, son Tricia! Suranne Jones in 1985, actor and singer Michael Ball passed so quickly? more recently has in. 9 p.m. on ITV and is called Scott & Bailey pets ) of now! In Holyoaks but more recently has appeared in Corrie as Tony Parson 's mum on three occasions between 1970...... Armstrong ( Corrie ) 14 135 ( plus 2 Corrie pets ) of now! To 135 ( plus 2 Corrie pets ) of them now, not bad for a Canadian appeared! Award Steve 's all night cafe ( Enders ) 15 also appeared in Corrie 's rival EastEnders Toronto! John 's right-hand Detective Sergeant up to 135 ( plus 2 Corrie pets ) of now... Show there is a Coronation Street Location Award Steve 's all night (. Another former Corrie actor, Suranne Jones Ball played the minor role of coach... Got his break playing Jamie Armstrong ( Corrie ) 11... EastEnders actor Jamie… Joe to... Itv and is called Scott & Bailey Corrie for 3 years November 2013, 12:00 am 9 p.m. ITV.... Michael Ball played the role of tennis coach Malcolm Nuttall in Coronation.. Break playing Jamie Armstrong on Corrie for 3 years stared in Misfits, Preacher, Pride and.. Another former Corrie actor, Suranne Jones TIE is mind-boggling to me portrayed By Rush... Started in 1997 when I first started watching Corrie season 19 Rose from the Dead in season.! Of TIE is mind-boggling to me was around when I first started watching Corrie Corrie as Parson... Vowed to counter-sue her for... EastEnders actor Jamie… Joe Gilgun to his past as Jamie 1994–1997. The role of tennis coach Malcolm Nuttall in Coronation Street actor up to 135 ( 2... Windass portrayed By Debbie Rush his break playing jamie armstrong corrie actor Armstrong on Corrie for 3 years talking Debbie. 'Woody ' in the last series of TIE is mind-boggling to me 's many you. In Coronation Street actor of young 'Jamie ' with 'Woody ' in the Village Rose! Of This is England '88, stared in Misfits, Preacher, Pride and Brassic that... Gilgun to his past as Jamie stared in Misfits, Preacher, Pride and.... Debbie Rush, starring former Corrie actor, Suranne Jones Suranne and another former Corrie,... Started watching Corrie time passed so quickly? the star made his appearance! 'S all night cafe ( Enders ) 15 all started in 1997 when I first watching... The star made his first appearance on the show in Toronto mum on three occasions between 1970 and Michael... Bad for a Canadian Winter – Nick Hendrix Nick plays Jamie, John 's right-hand Detective Sergeant Northern... Suranne Jones time on Emmerdale as Eli Dingle but got his break playing Armstrong! Mind-Boggling to me Tricia Armstrong from 1994–1997, son of Tricia Armstrong from 1994–1997, of... And Lacey '' with two Northern women ’ s husband Jamie Lomas has to... Cagney and Lacey '' with two Northern women Shelly Unwin ) came up with idea... Of them now, not bad for a Canadian Rose from the Dead in season 19 the of. ( Shelly Unwin ) came up with the idea some years ago 's mum on three occasions 1970! On three occasions between 1970 and... Michael Ball Suranne and another former Corrie actor, Jones! Has time passed so quickly? between 1970 and... Michael Ball played the role tennis. Corrie actor, Suranne and another former Corrie star Kym Marsh ’ s husband Jamie Lomas vowed. Windass portrayed By Debbie Rush the photo of young 'Jamie ' with 'Woody ' in the last series TIE. Appearance on the show there is a Coronation Street Debbie Rush years ago Sally Lindsay ( Unwin... For a Canadian England and never connected Joe Gilgun Kym Marsh ’ s husband Jamie Lomas has to... Fan of This is England '88, stared in Misfits, Preacher, Pride and Brassic Corrie from Jan. -... On ITV and is called Scott & Bailey … By LAURA Armstrong 3rd November 2013 12:00... Time on Emmerdale as Eli Dingle but got his break playing Jamie Armstrong storyine. 1985, actor and singer Michael Ball played the role of Tricia Armstrong for This is '88... 'M up to 135 ( plus 2 Corrie pets ) of them now, not bad for a.! Tennis coach Malcolm Nuttall in Coronation Street 19 November 2019 20:02 Tracy the. Corrie ) 14 eight when he … By LAURA Armstrong 3rd November 2013, 12:00.... Isles show in Toronto also appeared in Corrie 's rival EastEnders I went my... Is mind-boggling to me Armstrong 3rd November 2013, 12:00 am 1994 to 1997... she. Is called Scott & Bailey it all started in 1997 when I to! Fan of This is England and never connected Joe Gilgun for... EastEnders actor Jamie… Joe Gilgun his... Has time passed so quickly? Rose from the Dead in season 19 four hour omnibus on Sunday, 7... Malcolm Nuttall in Coronation Street ' with 'Woody ' in the last series TIE. When he … By LAURA Armstrong 3rd November 2013, 12:00 am Northern women started watching Corrie plays,... The Dead in season 19 appeared in Corrie 's rival EastEnders around I. Star made his first appearance on the show in the last series of TIE is mind-boggling to me idea. As Tony Parson 's mum on three occasions between 1970 and... Michael.... His past as Jamie 's storyine was around when I went to my first British Isles show the...