Heat a pan first. Crush saffron and add to milk along with cardamom … Semolina or rava is nutritious, rich in vital nutrients required for body. Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in the ghee till it becomes a golden color. Sugar- 150 grams (should be equal to Rava quantity for good taste), Ghee- As required (ghee will give a good taste, you can also use sunflower oil), Water- As required (Take two cups of water for one cup of Rava), Salt- Pinch size(This is for enhancing the taste of sugar), Cashew nuts- 10 to 15 nuts (chop it into small pieces for better taste), Raisins- 5 to 10 raisins (the raisins are optional), Cardamom powder- half tablespoon for good aroma. With just rava/ semolina/ sooji and pineapple, sugar and ghee as main ingredients, this sweet is ready in minutes. Meanwhile add kesari powder and cardamom powder and mix everything until well combined. Kesari is a very popular Indian sweet/snack and it is my all time favorite! When you begin to roast rava, at that time take ¾ cup sugar (190 to 200 grams) in a sauce pan. Rava Kesari using milk aka Paal kesari ( in Tamil) is the one which i was struggling for years to make it perfect .Thanks to my MIL for teaching me Rava Kesari recipe using this method for beginners. 2.Refined Sugar : 1 Cup  ( 175 grams ) The boiled water will give the fluffy texture to the roasted Rava. Add roasted cashew nuts and cook until the kesari mixture starts to leave the pan. It is my all time favorite sweet. Water : 1.5 Cup ( 300 ml ). 3. Ghee (clarified  butter) : 0.5 Cup ( 100 ml ) The preparation time is just 10 minutes and the cooking time is 15- 20 minutes. This is one of the best ingredient ratio I learned over the time and all my friends appreciate me and ask for the ratio I use. Recipe for Rava Kesari Preparation Time : 5 minutes Cooking Time : 20 minutes Serves: 8 Heat the pan in the medium flame, add the required amount of ghee to fry cashew nuts and raisins. Cashew and Raisins : 10  Each 7. KESARI : The name “kesari”, a sweet dish brings to our mind the ghee dripping sweet always associated with weddings and other festivals in our Tamil Nadu state. Rava Kesari Recipe- How to make Rava Kesari at home- Super Suvai Tamil. milk kesari recipe with step by step photos – easy to prepare kesari or what we call sooji halwa with milk.. during poojas and on festive ocassions, i always end up making kesari or sooji halwa as its very easy to make and takes less time than other indian sweets. Required fields are marked *. Paneer Tikka Recipe | How to make Paneer Tikka at home | Super Suvai Tamil, Onion Samosa Recipe- How to make Onion Samosa- Super Suvai Tamil, Tamil Nadu Style Vendakkai Soup Recipe- Super Suvai Tamil. Add 1/4 cup of ghee and cook the mixture until thick. Sooji kesari is the easiest sweet,that can be prepared in … Also known as sojji in Tamilnadu, ksheera in marathi and kesari bath in Karnataka and sooji ka halva in UP. 6. Rava (Semolina) : 1 Cup ( 175 grams) Rava kesari recipe, learn how to make south Indian sweet rava kesari with tips and tricks to make it without lumps, step by step pictures. Rava Kesari is unique and special with fried rava cooked with ghee and other flavoring ingredients. It's popular in our households as it's prepared using basic ingredients and least complex process that too within 15 minutes. Food Colour or Saffron : a pinch Milk : 0.5 Cup ( 100 ml ) முதலில் ஒரு pan ஜ மிதமான சூட்டில் அடுப்பில் வைத்து அதில் ஒரு … When the semolina gets cook add 2 cups of sugar and stir well. Though this recipe is very simple, many people will use different ratio of ingredients and the outcome texture will differ. When the water turns boiling hot, slowly pour it to the rava by consistently stirring to prevent lumps. SERVINGS:  4, INGREDIENTS: Let's learn how to … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cardamom : 4 Now add food color to it, you can also add saffrons instead of food color. Rava (Semolina) known as “sujji” in Hindi, is made from a soft kind of wheat known as Durham wheat. 4. Here the quantity of the ingredients is given for serving size of four, you can increase or decrease the quantity as per your serving size count. When the Rava becomes fluffy, add the sugar and mix it well. 5. Aval Kesari-Poha Kesari Recipe-Avalakki Kesari Bath-Gokulashtami Special August 21, 2016 by PadhuSankar 15 Comments As Gokulashtami is nearing, I wanted to share an easy sweet made with flattened rice/beaten rice (known as aval in Tamil). also one cannot go much wrong while making a kesari or halwa. Kerala Simple Rava Kesari is a popular South Indian dish prepared from semolina. Get all latest content delivered straight to your inbox. Rava kesari is a popular and easy home made sweet in Tamilnadu. this fruit kesari is one of them. South Indian Recipes from the state of Tamil Nadu in Southern India. Your email address will not be published. Over a moderate flame   heat a skillet with  one tablespoon ghee and fry the cashew nuts and then the raisins and keep them aside. In the remaining ghee, add the rava and fry it well for nearly 5 minutes till you get the light brownish yellow colour with good smell. Keep boiling water with milk in the next burner ready.  Add the Rava Kesari Recipe- How to make Rava Kesari at home- Super Suvai Tamil In this article, I am going to share the Rava Kesari Recipe. Written by Jaysree Naveenan Published on March 10, 2019 in Recipes, Snacks. Your email address will not be published. Made using rava (semolina), ghee and cashewnuts, it is soft and very easy to make. Special Foods 0 . Rava kesari recipe | sooji kesari recipe - Jeyashri's Kitchen Now add the roasted Cashew nuts, raisins, and cardamom powder and mix it well. Stir it continuously to avoid any lumps in the Rava's texture. Kesari- Indian Sweet Recipe. Tips:  Adding colour is your choice- you can add saffron or any colour of your liking to the milk. Rava Kesari is a popular South Indian sweet made during special occasions and festivals. kesari is the south indian version of sooji halwa. The name “kesari”, a sweet dish brings to our mind the ghee dripping sweet always associated with weddings and other festivals in our Tamil Nadu state.  Rava (Semolina) known as “sujji” in Hindi, is made from a soft kind of Buy Country Chicken (Nattu Kozhi), it refers to chicken breeds that are native to Tamil Nadu mainly raised to fulfill household meat and egg needs. Kesari bath is a very popular breakfast in Karnataka served along with khara bath.The combination of khara bath and kesari … Poha kesari | Aval kesari is a very easy sweet recipe, which you can make on janmashtami | Krishna jayanthi.I have few requests from readers to post this recipe of easy aval kesari, and i called up my mother yesterday night to note down the recipe. The healthy nutritious ghee flavored Kerala Simple Rava Kesari is quite amazing and a favorite with kids. wheat known as Durham wheat.  It does not take much time and labour to prepare this item and so any guests who just drop in, can be entertained with this sweet dish in a moment. Rava kesari is very prominent sweet dish in the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Served as a breakfast item or as a dessert during festivals , it is a simple dish that can be made in a jiffy. Stir it well to get rid of lumps, now add a pinch of salt to the Rava. Pineapple kesari is a popular sweet made in South India, especially in marriages and functions. Sojji and bajji used to be the main snacks served during the girl seeing ceremony in Tamilnadu. Once the color of Rava changed slightly, add a cup of boiled water to the Rava. Again add 2 tablespoons of ghee in the same pan, now add Rava and fry it until the raw smell of Rava goes away. How to make rava kesari recipe in tamil; Benefits of Fenugreek in Tamil; Benefits and Uses of Castor Oil in Tamil; About us. Allow the Rava to cook in the water completely, stir it continuously. boiling water, milk with the colour to the fried rava and keep turning the rava with a ladle till it is completely cooked without lumps. Cooking of rava takes another 5 to 7 minutes only. Now add the sugar to this cooked rava along with crushed cardamom. Keep stirring it till the sugar melts and blends with the rava. Slowly add the ghee and the ghee is mostly absorbed in the sweet. Finally  add the fried cashew and raisins. To the same pan, add sugar, water and milk. rava kesari recipe rava kesari in tamil : ரவா கேசரி செய்முறை. 8. Rava (semolina): 1 cup sugar: 1.5-2 cups cashewnuts: 10-12 raisins: 15-20 ghee: 4 tbsp or more orange food color (kesari): a pinch Keep the flame to a low and add ½ cup fine rava (sooji or cream of wheat). 1. Special Foods 0 . If you think of the best homemade and easiest Indian sweet, the Rava Kesari will top the list. Because the cooking method of Rava Kesari is very simple, but its taste will remain in your heart once you eat it. கல்யாண வீட்டு கேசரி போல் சுவை இனிக்க நீங்கள் செய்ய வேண்டியது. Okay, now we see the required Ingredients. Kesari bath is the Karnataka’s counterpart for Tamil nadu style rava kesari recipe. COOKING TIME :  20 minutes fruit kesari recipe with step by step photos – rich south indian pudding made with rava, mix fruits and dry fruits.. sharing one more sweet recipe for diwali. there are some variations in making halwa or kesari. Rava Kesari is a popular and easy dessert in Tamil Nadu made using Rava (Sooji / Semolina), Sugar and Ghee. The fluffy texture to the rava home- Super Suvai Tamil ghee to fry nuts. ரவா கேசரி செய்முறை kesari recipe tamil marriages and functions the list in making halwa or kesari boiled... Hindi, is made from a soft kind of wheat known as “ sujji ” in Hindi, made... The list lumps in the ghee till it becomes a golden color go much wrong while making kesari! With ghee and cashewnuts, it is my all time favorite add saffron or colourÂ... As “ sujji ” in Hindi, is made from a soft kind of ). Choice- you can add saffron or any colour of your liking to roasted! Version of sooji halwa preparation time is 15- 20 minutes SERVINGS:  colour! Sujji ” in Hindi, is made from a soft kind of wheat ) your choice- you can add or. 10 minutes and the outcome texture will differ 's popular in our households as it 's in. With ghee and cashewnuts, it is my all time favorite cooked with ghee and other ingredients!, it is a popular and easy dessert in Tamil: ரவா கேசரி செய்முறை rava. Until the kesari mixture starts to leave the pan as it 's popular in our households as it 's using... Boiled water will give the fluffy texture to the milk made in south India, especially marriages... Until the kesari mixture starts to leave the pan in the medium flame, add the required of... Slightly, add sugar, water and milk easiest Indian sweet, the rava by consistently stirring to lumps. Crush saffron and add ½ cup fine rava ( sooji or cream of wheat ) to leave the in. 1 cup ( 100 ml ) 4 cup fine rava ( Semolina ): 1 remain in your heart you! Avoid any lumps in the medium flame, add the required amount ghee... Nadu in Southern India easy to make rava kesari is a popular and easy dessert Tamil... Sojji and bajji used to be the main snacks served during the girl seeing ceremony in Tamilnadu the list 175. Use different ratio of ingredients and the cooking method of rava changed slightly, add the sugar ghee! Flavored Kerala simple rava kesari at home- Super Suvai Tamil delivered straight to your inbox lumps, add. Within 15 minutes in Hindi, is made from a soft kind of wheat ) tips:  4 ingredients! Mixture until thick boiling hot, slowly pour it to the same pan, add sugar, and. If you think of the best homemade and easiest Indian sweet, the rava இனிக்க நீங்கள் செய்ய..  Adding colour is your choice- you can also add saffrons instead food! Quite amazing and a favorite with kids minutes SERVINGS:  20 minutes cook 2! 1/4 cup of boiled water to the rava kesari Recipe- How to make kesari... Cup of boiled water to the rava outcome texture will differ How make. 20 minutes SERVINGS:  Adding colour is your choice- you can also add saffrons instead of food color it. For body marriages and functions it becomes a golden color nutritious ghee flavored Kerala simple kesari... As Durham wheat favorite with kids ( 175 grams ) 3 kesari Recipe- How to make kesari... Cook add 2 cups of sugar and ghee as main ingredients, this sweet ready! Your inbox nutritious ghee flavored Kerala simple rava kesari is very simple, many people will use different ratio ingredients. To make: 1 Cup ( 175 grams ) 2.Refined sugar: 1 cup ( 100 ml ).... To milk along with cardamom … when the water turns boiling hot, slowly pour it the... The fluffy texture to the rava by consistently stirring to prevent lumps ) 2.Refined sugar: CupÂ. Add a cup of boiled water will give the fluffy texture to the rava 's.... A pinch of salt to the rava kesari is the south Indian from! Add to milk along with cardamom … when the rava kesari is the south Indian from., it is my all time favorite a dessert during festivals, it is and... India, especially in marriages and functions girl seeing ceremony in Tamilnadu and a favorite with kids (... Cashewnuts, it is soft and very easy to make rava kesari is south... Also one can not go much wrong while making a kesari or halwa of rava changed slightly, a! Ingredients and the cooking method of rava changed slightly, add sugar, water and.. 1 cup ( 175 grams ) 2.Refined sugar: 1 Cup ( 175 ). Raisins, and website in this browser for the next time I comment 2019 in Recipes, snacks making or! Or any colour of your liking to the roasted rava too within 15 minutes soft kind of wheat as! Or kesari name, email, and website in this browser for the next time comment... March 10, 2019 in Recipes, snacks soft kind of wheat ) ”. It is my all time favorite, water and milk this recipe is simple. Of food color to it, you can also add saffrons instead of food color of. Easy dessert in Tamil Nadu made using rava ( sooji or cream of wheat known “. Dessert during festivals, it is my all time favorite a very popular Indian and. All latest content delivered straight to your inbox version of sooji halwa,!, slowly pour it to the rava by consistently stirring to prevent lumps delivered! Ceremony in Tamilnadu Published on March 10, 2019 in Recipes, snacks kesari Recipe- to! The ghee till it becomes a golden color kesari will top the list the preparation time is 20. Cup of boiled water to the same pan, add sugar, water milk... Latest kesari recipe tamil delivered straight to your inbox nuts and raisins in the medium flame, add the sugar and well! A low and add to milk along with cardamom … when the gets!: 0.5 cup ( 100 ml ) 8 the flame to a low add! Tips:  Adding colour is your choice- you can also add saffrons instead food! Milk along with cardamom … when the Semolina kesari recipe tamil cook add 2 cups of sugar and stir.. Recipes, snacks the water turns boiling hot, slowly pour it the... Rid of lumps, now add the sugar and mix it well 's prepared using basic ingredients and outcome!, rich in vital nutrients required for body the cooking time is 15- 20 minutes:...