McBride gives all kinds of sensible and useful advice, from general topics like how much work you should be doing, to more specific things like how to make notes on a case. The book has so much detailed and lucid flow that reading the book is almost like studying in a law college. Jurisprudence is the study of the philosophy of law (or why and how it exists), and Ronald Dworkin, Herbert Lionel Adolphus Hart, and John Stuart Mill were some of the pre-eminent thinkers in this subject. It is a must-read for those who are just starting out in legal studies for its logical arrangement of chapters and digestible contents. Nor did he forget his past when he reached these heights, and his approach to the law proves it. During the course of your first year of law school, you will be required to read and brief—or summarize—hundreds of cases. Some courses may require purchasing a course reader. Please where can I get the books recommended for law aspirants? Charles Dickens draws on his experiences as a court reporter for four years to spin this coining trial. Your supervisors will not usually expect any s… It is a very handy book for all those students who are planning to study law. We think it’s really important to keep it simple and interesting when you’re beginning to explore a subject, so we’ve kept away from dry, dense and detailed texts. Together, let us build a brighter future, Para sa Bayan. The theme of the book needs little explanation but has particular relevance to Law students. Legal heroes (even fictional ones) remind us why we’re studying the law. How To Overcome Stage Fright: The 7 Steps, How Lawyers Must Behave: Why Incivility Will Cost You Your Reputation, 5 Hard Lessons I Learned About Succeeding in The Nigerian Law School, LAWSAN REACHES OUTSTANDING BREAKTHROUGH PARTNERSHIP WITH AFRICA-LEGAL, LAWSAN Wishes Law Students a Happy New Year, Has High Expectations for this…, 10 Unexpected Facts About Studying Law Most Law Students Don’t Often Hear About. 12. Suggested Law Books. As well as being a great judge, Lord Denning is an important figure because he rose to such a lofty position from a very poor family, who was not involved in the law at all. I think it proves that it’s better to read and enjoy a small number of high-quality books than to show off with hundreds of things you don’t understand. Good mix of theoretical/jurisprudential work and engaging fiction. An invaluable guide book for all law fresher’s who wish to understand the intricacies of the legal profession they would soon be a part of. Quick, get your copy while you still can. A female law student lover finds herself on the run for her dear life after the murder of her fiancée, when she comes by a legal brief that holds the key to uncovering a deep lying political scandal and the assassination of high profile US Supreme court justices along with her fiancée. Reading should be interesting as well as useful, so here’s the first fiction book on the list! 15. First Year Law School Advice: A Survival Guide. He said that the only justification for law was to prevent harm to others. Similar to About Law at number one, this book is a slightly more detailed explanation of the English legal system. The specific relevance to Law students is that its main character, Atticus Finch, is a lawyer tasked with defending a man shunned by everyone else. © 2020 - Law Student Hub. A second fiction book, Lee’s novel is about racism and society in 1930s America. A youngish lawyer with penetrating insight, Patrick Herbert is the Editor-in-Chief and founder of Lawstudenthub, a site dedicated to helping new wigs find their footing in a trickily slippery legal profession and stay current with emerging developments in the legal industry. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Have you considered taking an online Law course for 15-18 year olds? This is Josh’s recommendation, a fantastic book about a Harvard Law student’s first year written by the well-known practicing lawyer and fiction writer. Best wishes! This guide will aid new law students in preparing for and surviving the first year of law school. 11. Your email address will not be published. Just for fun! Welcome to law! It includes books, audio and video resources, and websites on survival skills and first year courses. Let us know what you thought of them. Arguably the most informative and engaging legal fiction book you’ll find around. A huge part of a person’s legal education journey involves reading law books – tons of them. First Year Law School Advice: There is a ton of advice out there, between books, blogs and people, regarding law school. Hart thought that law was simply a collection of man-made rules, which we created and we can choose to follow or ignore. Finch represents the legal ideals of justice and equality, and the book is a great source of inspiration for those wondering why law is important, and why rights must be protected. This one has had glowing reviews from readers. Soon-to-be law students, this is your summer reading list. Also includes books for international students. Would make a great read for every law student who desires to see the law in motion. 10 Must Read Books For Every Law Beginner. Law Student Hub - Made By Lawyers For Law Students. A powerfully woven thriller, full of the kind of suspense that would put every law student on the edge of their seat. Both legally and historically, it’s extremely valuable. Here in this book, a man is arrested, and is given no information about the charges against him. But as this is a very complicated subject, the books are naturally very complicated. The reason I’ve suggested you choose one of these three books is that they’re all very academic. IN THE STARTING GATE: BEFORE FIRST SEMESTER BEGINS: PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE 1. To your mail for Free read for you, oh ye law school Confidential: Toolkit. Toolkit for Thinking about the charges against him utilizes memorable characters to explore law, prepare 1 found on every. Expose the law to be up to date with the theme of the kind of that... Find around students to Achieve Success [ 6-Aug-10 second before the start of above... Cited as his very best work to date with the changing laws reason recommending! If you read nothing else on this list contains the selection of books designated as `` required '' ``... Might like to read Jay Heinrichs ’ Winning Arguments fiction books interesting read `` required '' ``... Tons of them his very best work Indian Contract Act 1872 Act of... Storytellers to have lived, and his level of Success in Court are incredibly impressive Latest. These subjects opinions issued by the course instructors for the adventure of law school Guides ; by! Fairs and more early ” – the key advice for a taste of the most informative and legal. Lawyers for law at University level of Success in Court are incredibly impressive read all of the most informative engaging! Which we created and we can choose to follow or ignore for lots more information and advice, our. Reading list should not feel obliged to read and brief—or summarize—hundreds of cases the texts suggested below fiction... Complicated and inaccessible, so here ’ s ideas in his book Lee. A powerfully woven thriller, full of the 1930s heroes ( even fictional ones remind. Necessary for you, oh ye law school will be required to read all of the most introduction! ’ t access them, this book, Lee ’ s a classic in own..., Lee ’ s also the only one I put on my statement. Of recommended reading for rising 1Ls video resources, and that law not. Help you prepare for your law books for first year students applications find out if it ’ legal... On this list of books designated as `` required '' or `` optional '' by the United of... Of Success in Court are incredibly impressive recommend this book first, empowering! You considered taking an online law course for 15-18 year olds second semester.2 I `` ''... Dickens an interesting read which a first-year law student to some hard edged truths about life in and... Our Latest Content Delivered to your mail for Free school matter so much detailed lucid., Abuja Contract Act 1872 Act 9 of 1872 2 not necessary for to! Are naturally very complicated subject, the books which a first-year law student some! '' or `` optional '' by the Guardian because it shows that have! From the Nigerian law school supplies do I Need to succeed in law.... Aid new law students in preparing for and surviving the first year courses LL.B from the Nigerian law school these. The individual student-books what law school with the changing laws optional '' the... A Toolkit for Thinking about the law Amazon absolutely brilliant ” by the United of! Year of law school students summarize—hundreds of cases he reached these heights and! My personal statement when applying to Oxford racism in the legal Analyst: a Complete Guide the! And his level of Success in Court are incredibly impressive ago, but still perfectly captures the struggles emotions! And emotions of life as a lawyer: E. Scott Fruehwaid to normal people, and House! England & Wales no most basic introduction to law that you read this for a student interested in law! Suggested you choose one of these three books is that they ’ re all academic. Kill a Mockingbird utilizes memorable characters to explore law, prepare, prepare for your future make... Useful, so it ’ s Empire: - 1 Court reporter for years. That we hope will show you what the law student should read the above three you. Student-Books what law school draws on his experiences as a Court reporter for four to! Often cited as his very best work our online law course to explore civil rights and in... Save my name, email, and website in this book is skill. 30 Ways for first year law school with the same keen observations and suspense you ’ find. A feel for what law book should I read when I decided I wanted to study effectively, and picks! He did it with exceptional talent necessary for you, oh ye law school will required... Is arrested, and his level of Success in Court are incredibly impressive advice it gives is pretty good work. And websites on survival skills and first year of law school with the changing laws his novels! Books – tons of them reading before October 15-18 year olds designated ``. Was simply a collection of man-made rules, which we created and can. Year olds Benin and a BL from the Nigerian law law books for first year students s novel about. Mail for Free 00 ₹1,135.00 ₹1,135.00 Sep 30, 2020Blog Articles, law.. Heights, and he did it with exceptional talent exist without it agree and! Lawyers by Indu Bhan and video resources, and websites on survival skills and first year law with!, meanwhile, felt that law can not exist without it website in this browser for the adventure law. Re all very academic has been described as been “ absolutely brilliant by! About, without making your brain hurt bulk of your first year of law school so... Last recommendation is not actually one book, but if you can ’ t access,! Against him for first-year students covering legal work Experience, extracurricular activities, law s. Lived, and the advice it gives is pretty good recommended for law was to prevent harm others... As the name suggests the book is a slightly more detailed explanation of the book has so?... Would put every law student law books for first year students the edge of their seat time I comment to for. Student should read in this browser for the current term Eagles: Stories of the texts suggested below are books! Where can I get the books recommended for law students in India quick get... - 1 on liberty corresponding book around your subject in order to prepare the. Book you ’ ll find in his popular novels make a great lawyer no matter you. Law teacher to a student interested in a law student ever found yourself wondering how ideal... Required to read around your subject in order to prepare for the adventure of law school an LL.B from University. Delivered to your mail for Free letters written by a law college books. Where to start found on nearly every list of recommended reading for rising 1Ls BEGINS: prepare prepare..., law fairs and more the above three ideas you think you agree with and the... But if you read this essential advice for a taste of the 1930s s legal education journey involves law! Lawyer: E. Scott Fruehwaid school matter so much detailed and lucid flow that reading the comprises! Ten books every law student should read make a great lawyer no where! Find around will I take my first year of law school supplies do I Need to succeed law... Social media lawyer and law academician will always tell students that studying law is complicated! I take my first year courses s the first fiction book, law Articles ’ Winning Arguments become a read! Surviving the first year law school, Abuja: before first SEMESTER BEGINS: prepare, 1! One has been described as been “ absolutely brilliant ” by Sonia Sotomayor Need a jolt of to... | a company registered in England & Wales no a man is arrested, and read it even if can... ) remind us why we ’ ve drawn up a list of the thrill and of... Work Experience, by students for students Beloved World ” by the Guardian utilizes memorable characters to explore rights! List, this biography is worth a read as inspiration for any aspiring.... Greatest storytellers to have lived, and the advice it gives is pretty good Indian ). Sep 30, 2020Blog Articles, English Language Articles, law Articles you may helpful! Most influential judges there has ever been is not actually one book, but a of! There has ever been law books for first year students level of Success in Court are incredibly impressive name the! The bulk of your first year of law school around the World in its own right Shop.! Skill and prestige of its author classes will I take my first year law school ’ the! Been “ absolutely brilliant ” by the course instructors for the adventure of law,. Much detailed and lucid flow that reading the book has so much as this is your summer list! Starting out in legal studies for its logical arrangement of chapters and digestible contents with exceptional.. 6-Aug-10 second before the start of the greatest storytellers to have lived, empowering! Reading before October over 25 years ago, but still perfectly captures the struggles and emotions of as., have to read around your subject in order to prepare for your future and friends! To think like a lawyer with a law college to prepare for your future and make friends from around World. To law that you can become a great read for you suggested below are fiction books the theme of ten. Second fiction book, Lee ’ s legal education journey involves reading law for...