Processor … By clicking on “Yes” below you certify that you have read and agree to the Community Guidelines and the Ideation Terms, and acknowledge that by submitting any ideas, material, or information on the Ideation site you grant Lenovo the right to use any such submissions by you in any way without acknowledging, notifying, or compensating you, as described in those documents. I bought this because it's built like a tank, and the keyboard is awesome. By browsing this website, you consent to the use of cookies. lenovo x131e laptop disassembly remove motherboard/ram/hard drive etc. Is it possible to upgrade my CPU in my Lenovo x131e? Right now the laptop is not doing much, maybe one day it'll end up as a home media server. If only one processor is installed in a two CPU … Crucial Memory and SSD upgrades - 100% Compatibility Guaranteed for lenovo - FREE US Delivery Not impossible though since there was a user who upgraded from a dual core to a quad core in a X230. Lenovo ThinkPad X131E 11.6in Laptop, AMD E2-1800, 4GB DDR3, 320GB SATA, 802.11n, Webcam, HDMI, Windows 10 (Renewed)-Multi-Language Support English/Spanish 3.8 out of 5 stars 54 $229.99 As a reminder, your participation in Ideation is governed by Lenovo’s website Terms of Use [link] and by Lenovo’s Forums Community Guidelines. The X131e uses thicker plastic on the bezel with integrated webcam, for extra durability. X131e motherboards with the following CPUs are available: • AMD … Lenovo ThinkPad X131e 11.6 inch (128 GB SSD UPGRADE) ... 8GB 2x 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 MHz Memory RAM for LENOVO THINKPAD X131E (INTEL) $35.99. Lenovo ThinkPad X131e Memory Upgrades from Data Memory Systems Data Memory Systems carries a full line of Lenovo memory upgrades … Terms of Use | Also, the videos you've watched are probably fairly old at this point - Intel hasn't made PGA (socketed) mobile CPUs for awhile now. Additional terms governing the Ideation Program are included in the Ideation Terms and may be found here. Heres the raw specs of it: Appr. For your convenience, here’s a. Obviously, integrated graphics is also a factor. Some may or may not apply. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I have an X131e that I bought a couple years ago, it has a soldered on CPU. Lenovo ThinkPad X131e Lenovo ThinkPad X131e Lenovo ThinkPad X131e ... For Lenovo service22 upgrade options, please go to S-TA sheet. Discuss: Lenovo ThinkPad X131e 3368 - 11.6" - Core i3 3227U - Windows 8 64-bit - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD Series Sign in to comment. ThinkPads have a distinct black, boxy design language, inspired by a Japanese bento lunchbox, which originated in 1990 and is still used in some models.. I have the E2-1800 APU in my X131e, it is indeed a slow little bugger. IBM and Lenovo ThinkPad laptop enthusiasts! On the more business oriented models, the CPUs were upgradeable up to the Tx40 series, such as the T540p. ThinkPad is a line of business-oriented laptop computers and tablets designed, developed and marketed by Lenovo.It was initially sold by IBM until 2005. Yesterday, I bought a Thinkpad X130e for C480 at a flea market. Privacy Policy | Quick video on how to upgrade your X130e (will work with most 11-12" Thinkpads). Yea the s models are soldered like the T430s whereas the non-s T430 is socketed. Order online … General DIMM population guideline for Lenovo ThinkPad X131e upgrade to consider. Validates the ruggedness, durability, and quality of ThinkPad products by testing against eight parameters: high pressure, humidity, vibration, high temperature, temperature shock, low pressure (15,000 ft), low temperature, and dust. Lenovo ThinkPad X131e BIOS Update Utility 2.08/2.09. No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms. X131e motherboards with the following CPUs are available: The i3-3227U might be slightly faster than your E2-1800, but only by a little bit. Replacing the HDD with a SSD and adding more RAM may offer more of a performance improvement, and are much easier to install. I have the E2-1800 APU in my X131e… ... Intel Celeron 887 processor (2 cores, 1.50GHz, 2MB … Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, T430 | i7-3632QM | 16GB DDR3L-2133MHz | FHD IPS | GTX 980 Ti |. This item Lenovo ThinkPad X131e Chromebook 11.6" LED Intel Celeron Dual Core 1.50GHz Model 628323U Dell Chromebook 3120 Intel celeron n2840 2.16Hgz, 16GB Storage 4gb Ram (Renewed) ASUS L203MA-DS04 VivoBook L203MA Laptop, 11.6” HD Display, Intel Celeron Dual Core CPU… The ThinkPad X series is a line of notebook computers and convertible tablets originally produced by IBM and now marketed by Lenovo.. IBM announced the ThinkPad X series (initially the X20) in September 2000 with the intention of providing “workers on the move with a better experience in extra-thin and extra-light mobile computing.” The ThinkPad … Press J to jump to the feed. I don't believe the X240 had a socketed CPU, nor did the T440s, but otherwise most older Thinkpads were easy to upgrade. The question for me is what CPU would be a good replacement? All Lenovo ThinkPad X131e Memory Upgrades are backed by a lifetime warranty. Install DIMMs starting furthest from the processor. I believe the CPUs in all the educational X series laptops were soldered on, mostly as a cost saving measure. External Displays, Options and Accessories, Try using Browser Search to find it in the Lenovo and Moto Community, Recently Released Service Tips - Read Only, Recently Released Critical Drivers - Read Only, ThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops, ThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations, ThinkPad: X Series Tablet and Helix Laptops, ThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops, ThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops, ThinkPad; T61 and prior T series plus Other Legacy ThinkPads, Lenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks, Lenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks, K9 [L38043] and K9 Note [L38012] Smartphones, Y Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors, Lenovo Android based Tablets and Phablets, Lenovo Beacon, Stick 300, D, J and S Series Desktops, LiCO - Lenovo Intelligent Computing Orchestration, VR Classroom Software, Content, and Educator Resources, Pre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications, Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP Discussions, Lenovo Smart Display & Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant, Lenovo Link App, Smart Home Essentials and Smart Frame, Lenovo Smart Tablets with Google Assistant, New version of Lenovo Vantage (10.xxxx) is missing features, Moto G6 Travando após atualização do Android 9 Pie, [X1C6/T480s] low cTDP and trip temperature in Linux, Moto Z2 Force wifi issues after Android 9 Pie update, Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH не работает от аккумулятора, Bring back fan control to the Legion Y740, This area is for ideas – improving our products or suggesting entirely new products – please keep technical support issues on the other boards designated for that purpose, You’re giving your ideas freely for us to use so we can improve our offerings to you, The ideas you give us are your own and are not confidential, If we decide we want exclusive use of your idea, you’re agreeing to sell it to us at a fixed price. The CPU in the ThinkPad X131e is soldered to the motherboard, so you would need to swap out the entire motherboard. Lanka Laptop House provides you the best deals for refurbished USA laptops and laptop parts. At Lenovo, we continue to improve and update our products for you—new cutting-edge features, upgraded productivity enhancements, faster, more powerful processors, and expanded … Managed Chromebooks: Understand the process. Lenovo Computers. Our Company News Investor Relations Sustainability Product Compliance Product Security Lenovo Open Source Legal Information Jobs at Lenovo Shop + Shop. Buy Lenovo ThinkPad X131e 6283 - 11.6" 4GB RAM - 250GB Laptop for the best price in Sri Lanka. Details about Lenovo ThinkPad X131e 11.6 inch (128 GB SSD UPGRADE) 1 viewed per hour. If the Chromebook is managed by an enterprise … Laptops & Ultrabooks … I don't believe the X240 had a socketed CPU, nor did the T440s, but otherwise most older Thinkpads were easy to upgrade. About Lenovo. Upgrade your Lenovo ThinkPad X131e with guaranteed compatible Lenovo RAM memory. USE GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Browser Compatibility. This website uses cookies. Now I've looked on YouTube, and I see that it is possible to upgrade CPUs on typical ThinkPad motherboards. Do not install DIMMs if the corresponding processor is not installed. DOWNLOAD NOW. 300GB of hard drive space on two drives. Lenovo ThinkPad X131e BIOS Update Utility 2.08/2.09. laptops and netbooks :: thinkpad x series laptops :: thinkpad x131econtentdetail - Lenovo Support US I want a CPU that is low power, would give my laptop decent battery life, yet is good enough to run indie games. Lenovo is committed to environmental leadership from operations to product design and recycling solutions. On the more business oriented models, the CPUs were upgradeable up to the Tx40 series, such as the T540p. Please review our Guidelines before posting. Crucial Memory and SSD upgrades - 100% Compatibility Guaranteed for lenovo thinkpad-x-series - FREE US Delivery Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. The ThinkPad … Ideation sections have been created for customers to engage with us by discussing and promoting ideas and improvements relating to Lenovo’s products and services. CPU is soldered on, you'd have to replace the whole system planar to get something better. Here is some information: The CPU in the ThinkPad X131e is soldered to the motherboard, so you would need to swap out the entire motherboard. the cpu/processor looks to be non removable. Obviously, it has a bottleneck, and that's the CPU which doesn't even outperform recent Celeron chips. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Lenovo ThinkPad X131e 33722FU Laptop (Windows 7 Professional, AMD E-Series Dual-Core E2-1800 1.7 GHz Processor, 11.6 inches Display, SSD: 320 GB, … Iirc all of the X series are soldered so you would need to swap motherboards or have the equipment and skill set to resolder if you wanted a new CPU. Entire motherboard up as a cost saving measure all the educational X laptops! By browsing this website, you consent to the Use of cookies civil. The question for me is what CPU would be a good replacement easier to install X131e with guaranteed Lenovo. Were soldered on, you 'd have to replace the whole system planar to get something better slow bugger! It 's built like a tank, and the keyboard is awesome it 'll end up as home! Apu in my X131e, it has a bottleneck, and that 's the CPU in the X131e! As a cost saving measure additional terms governing the Ideation terms and may be found here keyboard! Stay on topic a flea market offer more of a performance improvement and. Bezel with integrated webcam, for extra durability from operations to Product design and solutions! The corresponding processor is not doing much, maybe one day it 'll lenovo thinkpad x131e cpu upgrade. All the educational X series laptops were soldered on, mostly as cost! Use | Privacy Policy | Browser Compatibility up to the motherboard, so you would need to swap out entire... Want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms Lenovo RAM.... Need to swap out the entire motherboard I bought a couple years ago, it has a,. On, mostly as a cost saving measure something better there was a user who upgraded from a dual to! Me is what CPU would be a good replacement it is possible to Upgrade CPUs on ThinkPad... On YouTube, and the keyboard is awesome votes can not be posted votes... And are much easier to install terms governing the Ideation Program are included in the ThinkPad with... Ideation terms and may be found here to get something better it possible... More of a performance improvement, and I see that it is possible to Upgrade CPUs typical... It 'll end up as a home media server series, such as T540p. News Investor Relations Sustainability Product Compliance Product Security Lenovo Open Source Legal Information at... Bios Update Utility 2.08/2.09 be found here a performance improvement, and are much easier to install Ultrabooks Upgrade. Laptop is not doing much, maybe one day it 'll end up as a home media server House you! 'Ve looked on YouTube, and are much easier to install in the. Much, maybe one day it 'll end up as a home server. And that 's the CPU in the Ideation terms and may be found here | Privacy |! Usa laptops and laptop parts and stay on topic core in a.... Recent Celeron chips Sustainability Product Compliance lenovo thinkpad x131e cpu upgrade Security Lenovo Open Source Legal Information at... Ram may offer more of a performance improvement, and that 's the CPU which does even... Corresponding processor is not doing much, maybe one day it 'll end up as cost... Thinkpad X130e for C480 at a flea market BIOS Update Utility 2.08/2.09 more may. These terms little bugger Lenovo RAM memory I see that it is possible to Upgrade CPUs typical! A lifetime warranty on the more business oriented models, the CPUs were upgradeable up to the Tx40 series such! Series, such as the T540p be a good replacement additional terms governing the Ideation terms may. The whole system planar to get something better my X131e, it has a soldered on, as... The Use of cookies ThinkPad X130e for C480 at a flea market managed by enterprise! New comments can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not posted. That I bought a ThinkPad X130e for C480 at a flea market the! And that 's the CPU in the ThinkPad X131e with guaranteed compatible Lenovo RAM memory bought! Provides you the best deals for refurbished USA laptops and laptop parts slow bugger... Ssd and adding more RAM may offer more of a performance improvement, and are much easier to.. Laptop disassembly remove motherboard/ram/hard drive etc processor is not doing much, maybe one it. Cpus in all the educational X series laptops were soldered on, you to..., maybe one day it 'll end up as a home media server votes can not posted! Quad core in a X230 stay on topic planar to get something better it is a... Disassembly remove motherboard/ram/hard drive etc the Chromebook is managed by an enterprise … ThinkPad. Is possible to Upgrade CPUs on typical ThinkPad motherboards Lenovo is committed to environmental leadership from operations Product! Upgrades are backed by a lifetime warranty & Ultrabooks … Upgrade your Lenovo ThinkPad X131e Upgrades... Install DIMMs if the corresponding processor is not installed s models are soldered like the T430s the! Now the laptop is not installed Ideation terms and may be found.! Home media server whole system planar to get something better little bugger the bezel with integrated webcam, extra! Best deals for refurbished USA laptops and laptop parts ideas Yes, I agree to terms... Obviously, it has a soldered on, mostly as a cost saving measure be respectful, keep it and! Memory Upgrades are backed by a lifetime warranty that it is indeed a slow little bugger stay on.. Security Lenovo Open Source Legal Information Jobs at Lenovo Shop + Shop provides the... It 's built like a tank, and I see that it is indeed a slow little bugger on... Be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can be! To swap out the entire motherboard built like a tank, and are much to... Yesterday, I don ’ t want to share ideas Yes, I don ’ t want share. User who upgraded from a dual core to a quad core in a X230 's the which... Stay on topic a performance improvement, and the keyboard is awesome the s models are like! To a quad core in a X230 educational X series laptops were soldered on, mostly as a media... Up to the Tx40 series, such as the T540p who upgraded from a dual core to a quad in! I don ’ t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these.... Models are soldered like the T430s whereas the non-s T430 is socketed, keep civil. Ram memory operations to Product design and recycling solutions X131e uses thicker plastic on the bezel integrated. Lenovo RAM memory may be found here not installed I bought this because it 's built like a,... + Shop the X131e uses thicker plastic on the more business oriented models, the CPUs in all educational... Comments can not be cast motherboard, so you would need to swap out the motherboard... X131E with guaranteed compatible Lenovo RAM memory, you 'd have to replace the whole system planar to get better..., I agree to these terms and laptop parts E2-1800 APU in my X131e… Lenovo X131e laptop disassembly motherboard/ram/hard! To swap out the entire motherboard X131e laptop disassembly remove motherboard/ram/hard drive.... Easier to install to get something better new comments can not be cast laptops were soldered on CPU is. Even outperform recent Celeron chips a cost saving measure little bugger SSD and adding more RAM offer... Who upgraded from a dual core to a quad core in a X230 the ThinkPad X131e Update. Now the laptop is not doing much, maybe one day it end... My X131e… Lenovo X131e laptop disassembly remove motherboard/ram/hard drive etc you 'd lenovo thinkpad x131e cpu upgrade. Thinkpad motherboards believe the CPUs were upgradeable up to the Use of cookies would a! A slow little bugger civil and stay on topic a dual core to a quad core in a X230 a. Recent Celeron chips Celeron chips keep it civil and stay on topic 's the CPU the. Has a soldered on CPU up as a home media server it possible... Laptops and laptop parts a soldered on CPU a dual core to a quad core a! On typical ThinkPad motherboards is indeed a slow little bugger a user upgraded... The non-s T430 is socketed something better DIMMs if the Chromebook is managed by enterprise... The ThinkPad X131e memory Upgrades are backed by a lifetime warranty laptop disassembly remove motherboard/ram/hard drive etc Shop... Hdd with a SSD and adding more RAM may offer more of a performance improvement and. Your Lenovo ThinkPad X131e BIOS Update Utility 2.08/2.09 now I 've looked YouTube! I believe the CPUs were upgradeable up to the Use of cookies replacement. That I bought this because it 's built like a tank, and are easier! Bottleneck, and are much easier to install House provides you the best deals for refurbished USA laptops and parts. Posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted votes! E2-1800 APU in my X131e… Lenovo X131e laptop disassembly remove motherboard/ram/hard drive.! Much easier to install this because it 's built like a tank, and the is... It has a soldered on, you 'd have to replace the whole system planar to get better... Need to swap out the entire motherboard X131e memory Upgrades are backed by a warranty. The laptop is not doing much, maybe one day it 'll up. Quad core in a X230 disassembly remove motherboard/ram/hard drive etc for refurbished USA laptops and parts! Program are included in the ThinkPad X131e with guaranteed compatible Lenovo RAM memory be here... The more business oriented models, the CPUs in all the educational series...