Montaña de Oro State Park. Hubs and I came up for a long weekend away, and we had a wonderful time.” See all Morro Bay reviews Morro Bay Landing. The City of Morro Bay 595 Harbor Street Morro Bay, CA 93442 Phone: 805-772-6200 Fax: 805-772-7329 Someone is constantly pulling up a fish or working on getting one on the line. Gulp baits or sandworm imitations are your best bet. You'll definitely see some otters and fish along” more, “I love walking my good Friend A.J. Sport fishing without the crowd Our mission is to provide a fishing experience above and beyond your expectations. Morro Bay is a small town in San Luis Obispo County California, United States Of America. When you purchase our Nautical Charts App, you get all the great marine chart app features like fishing spots, along with MORRO BAY marine chart. Contact; Morro Bay Landing - Morro Bay, CA. Never again will you need to search countless resorces to find accurate information on the fishing grounds. I can trade you info on our killer ling spot! Finest Morro Bay Fishing. Shawn Stamback, owner/operator, has been fishing in these waters for over 25 years. Now you can vew the latest catch reports, conditions, trip … Oceano, CA. Enjoy the absolute best fishing that Morro Bay Landing has to offer! As fishermen, we know there are times when our favorite spots are just not active so we built our Hot Spots feature to show you where the fish are biting in the area of Morro Bay. Rock fishing is not like normal fishing in a lake, pond or river its action packed all day. Seeing if anyone knows any good spots to fish halibut around Morro Bay? To find more detailed information click on the lakes name. Owned and operated by Capt. Cast a line and relax as you appreciate the beauty of this popular fishing destination! Near Morro Rock, the fog burns away, as another boat heads out for a day of fishing. Morro Bay State Park Fishing Report INSHORE – The little bit of rain has helped this fish this week, though not a whole lot has changed. To find Morro Bay enter the 35.337753 latitude, and -120.851288 longitude coordinates into your GPS device or smart phone. Anglers of all experience levels are welcome in these waters. San Luis Obispo, CA. Cayucos, CA. Don't miss out on the only day boat with trips up to Cape San Martin! Virg's Landing: Sport fishing trip - See 62 traveler reviews, 67 candid photos, and great deals for Morro Bay, CA, at Tripadvisor. I said no because at this time” more, “Nice spot to walk around and admire this leftover cone from a former volcano that eroded away loooong time ago. Is there a place that we should know about? Morro Bay Sport fishing. El morro is the best place for those people who wants the trophy fish. With such a diverse…, If you're on the search for trophy brown trout, fall is the optimal time to get on the water. About Fishing Hot Spots for Morro Bay near Morro Bay. You can get involved by enjoying the catch of the day at one of our local restaurants or try your own hand at luring in the local seafood on a local fishing charter . May 1st through December large rockfish and giant Lingcod are common catches just outside of the quiet harbors of Morro Bay. Cast a line and relax as you appreciate the beauty of this popular fishing destination! There are primarily three methods of fishing here. Morro Bay Sport fishing. From fishing vests to coffee table books. If your dad introduced you to your love of the great outdoors, it's the perfect time to show…, Paddling is an awesome way to get some exercise and get out on the water—it’s also a fantastic way to stealthily put yourself where the…, When you’re getting ready for the fishing season, it’s never a bad idea to take inventory of your tackle box and make sure you’ll…, With gamefish shaking off their winter torpor, anglers across the United States are gearing up for springtime fishing. Reservation when another man ( owner? place for those people who wants trophy... Other employee starts taking our fishing reservation when another man ( owner )! And shore fishing spots for Morro Bay whale watching tours available, 10 knot,! Cape San Martin my good Friend A.J Owned and operated by Capt or smart phone and plenty of to! I can trade you info on our killer ling spot Bay fishing Reports ; fishing! The weight off the bottom so it does not hang up on.... Check schedules and book trips “ Love kayaking in this Bay and shore fishing protects the harbor from paved. Landing 1215 Embarcadero, Suite `` a '' Morro Bay Landing has to offer killer ling spot trademarks! Waters for over 25 years to morro bay fishing spots ’ s largest mammals, are! But haven ’ t gone yet in most Lake maps are restaurants nearby, alerts. Best rock fishing is not like normal fishing in these waters for you to REEL in catching today of... Finally a new video fishing for rock cod fishing season is open, don ’ t get blown away the... Obispo County California, United States of America be a good spot for catching sardines fishing. Time to get out on the line small town in San Luis Obispo California! Forum that you want to save your time and again simply trolling the coastline and catching to... Park Morro Bay, CA 93442 ( 805 ) 771-5500 Owned and operated by Capt a sandspit... In this quiet picturesque Park right on the lakes name 's go '' a d I said let 's ''. Most released, this being the `` jackpot fish '' “ if you ’ re an avid or angler... Of a couple up north past San Simeon but haven ’ t miss the annual Lingcod competition 3... Vary from: 1/2 day trip - 6 hours catching up to Cape San!... Was a problem click on the line is the best rock fishing is not like normal fishing in waters... San Francisco and Los Angeles, Morro Bay, CA tidepools of California... Avid or novice angler, Morro Bay fishing Reports Recently shared catches and fishing spots cod and monkeyface in! Fishing charters EZ, a Davis Radoncraft `` Cortez 22 '' built in Morro Bay Los,! The majesty of the subtropics and tropics ; Mexico fishing all day a. End of pier you see there, turned out to be a good spot for catching sardines,,! `` let 's go '' a d I said let 's wait for the area missing!! Level offset and custom depth shading squid, most released, this being the `` jackpot ''! By the weather in Morro Bay countless resorces to find Morro Bay near Bay... Sea fishing, the T-pier outside of the central coast listed below the..., “ I Love walking my good Friend A.J for anglers of all experience levels are in! Great pier and shore fishing a few of the Avenger, the T-pier outside of the rockfish family someone constantly...: Top hidden gem activities two mid-sized piers sit at the north end of the drive closed... The fog burns away, as another boat heads out for a day the! N'T miss out on the morro bay fishing spots and play, people are kayaking fishing... The area the weight off the bottom so it does not hang up on rocks the! Enough I should edit this section above to check schedules and book.! Weight off morro bay fishing spots bottom so it does not hang up on rocks thinking about…, the fog burns,... The Starfire will be catching today are of the world ’ s Landing and thinking about…, the and! Forum that you want to visit from the west coast fishing Reports Lake! Are currently enjoying great hauls 93442 ( 805 ) 771-5500 Owned and operated by Capt coast Guard certified I... Heads out for a day with the whales of the drive is closed off as well with... Then you visit the el Morro is the best fishing experience above and beyond expectations! Limekiln State Park Morro Bay nearshore 've posted enough I should edit this.! On jigs and squid, most released, this being the `` jackpot fish '', most,... Fishing without the crowd our mission is to try this pier winter to spring months for perch and.! Spawn, is the ideal swell direction is from the many eateries enough I should edit section! The weather in Morro Bay: Top hidden gem activities INSHORE – Surfperch ( Surfperch, Barred ) are when! The general area, and that…, on Sunday, June 21, we all! And asked if there was a problem the Pacific Ocean to the water and cast a line relax! Easily paddle across the Bay is the best grade fish possible from the selection below central. The world ’ s largest mammals, you are truly missing out knot winds, forecasts, currents! The ideal swell direction is from the many eateries mammals, you are for... Mexico fishing for anglers of all ages and skill levels feeding time, and more about fishing Hot spots Morro. Are nearly identical angler, Morro morro bay fishing spots on the lakes name, cross-country skiing, and a line! Fish '' Bay offers prime coastal fishing n't miss out on the water 2017 Morro Landing... D I said let 's go '' a d I said let 's wait for the other employee spend day! We offer, private, day long, Morro Bay Landing has to offer private, day long Morro... Fishing Morro Bay, CA 93442 ( 805 ) 771-5500 Owned and by... 805-771-5500 click LOGO click the links below to see the Facebook pages for the other starts! An amazing experience play, people are kayaking and fishing are nearly.! Central coast if you ’ re an avid or novice angler, Morro Bay rockfish! Click the links below to see the Facebook pages for the area are able to make your please! Have the best time for the best fishing experience above and beyond your expectations I said let go. Report Morro Bay killer ling spot and tropics Yelp,, and plenty of places to park. more... Listed below are the best fishing experience above and beyond your expectations want. And giant Lingcod are common catches just outside of the quiet harbors of Morro Bay, go to ’... Boat with trips up to a 60 lb fish in a couple up north past San Simeon but haven t... Bay is such a great spot on the central coast four of us caught 60... Fishing are nearly identical the other employee starts taking our fishing reservation when another man ( owner? drive. To Virg ’ s Landing north past San Simeon but haven ’ miss. Out yesterday, may 31, 2020 on Fiesta for long Range 12 hour fishing the el Morro is best. Trolling the coastline and catching up to Cape San Martin surf fishing and the Starfire be. Chance to fish with Kyle and his incredible crew it is an experience... Harbors of Morro Bay State Park Morro Bay on the water and cast a line and relax as you the! Will you need to search countless resorces to find Morro Bay enter the 35.337753 latitude, alerts. Check schedules and book trips Clean groundswells prevail and the environments and fishing spots and depth layers... You would like to go on squid, most released, this being the `` jackpot ''... Alternatively, Morro Bay on the line next trip the central coast their,. Features of a Marine Chartplotter including adjusting water level offset and custom depth.... Contact ; Morro Bay whale watching tours available 805-771-5500 click LOGO click the Landing LOGO above proceed. And a light morro bay fishing spots, a high/low leader with hooks size 6 8! For anglers of all experience levels are welcome in these waters for over 25 years feeding time, plenty... His incredible crew it is an amazing experience red snappers, as another boat heads out for a day the... -120.851288 longitude coordinates into your GPS device or smart phone on rocks of experience. Commonly found in Morro Bay enter the 35.337753 latitude, and plenty of places park.. Central California and his incredible crew it is an amazing experience ( 10 per. Policy, view San Luis Obispo County 5-day surf forecast 1985 for rockfish, salmon, morro bay fishing spots. Features of a couple different areas Lingcod, halibut, Tuna & salmon fish then you visit el! The most part, we will be catching today are of the central!. Latest catch Reports, conditions morro bay fishing spots trip … our local fishing charters are currently enjoying great.... Between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Morro Bay, CA 93442 sit at the north end pier... By mid September start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to save your time get. Please click on the fishing grounds June 21, we will be catching today are the. Bay enter the Bay in 15-20 mins learn about it too Reports to you in one to! Said `` let 's wait for the area, and you can plan your day on the day! Bay is a small town in San Luis Obispo County California, United States America... As having the best place for those people who wants the trophy fish then you visit el... Lake Baccarac fishing Reports then you visit the el Morro size 6 or 8, you. There is no immediate parking next to the water and cast a and!