Kenn is a writer that's fascinated by all things tech. Having said that, 16:9 is actually perfectly suited for my online content viewing and for Stadia gaming. The new Pixelbook Go from Google is a less expensive successor to the original, featuring a portable design and great battery life. The Pixelbook Go may not be the Pixelbook 2 that some wanted. That’s our promise and our commitment.. Christen and Rex [Founders of Gadget Review], © Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved  |  Gadget Review. I currently have a Pixelbook Go with the i5/8GB RAM configuration. As a rough measure I ran Octane 2.0 on the Pixelbook Chrome browser and got 26,000. I’ve been trying to decide if I upgrade this year, would I be better off with a, – Samsung Galaxy Chromebook i5/8GB RAM with vast amounts of power but poor battery life (only a concern for those times when I’m TRAVELING). Final thoughts on the Pixelbook Go. A warranty that is voided when you use the device as intended is not a warranty at all, but a fraudulent sales pitch. And $1,399 filled to the gills with memory, storage and a 4K display? A step up from our configuration will run … It starts at a more affordable $649, without sacrificing build quality or … I am not a developer, so do not code nor compile. (But she’s extremely happy, and that’s all that matters.) But unfortunately, in its quest to get the price down, Google also sacrificed a lot of what made … At the same time it can make a little money off of the repairs. Pixelbook Go is the go-there, do that Chromebook that's light enough to go anywhere (it's made from aerospace-grade magnesium) and an all day battery. It still worked with a janky screen for a day and a half, then the screen stopped working altogether. I also reached out to some bigger firms about filing a class action suit, given that this is obviously happening repeatedly. Aside from that, the one area where the Pixelbook Go Google chromebook stands out has to be its ridged bottom. Long battery life. If I am compiling a large project, I use my desktop or my even faster server at work. And often they review only the products that provide the most kickbacks when you buy. We're on a mission to fix the broken user review system. I am in the process of getting a consumer protection lawyer involved. Ending Dec 1 at 7:00PM PST 5d 15h. Google’s Pixelbook Go is a perfectly good Chromebook, and that’s exactly what the company set out to create, with a careful balance of quality features and economical compromises. The 8th-generation processor inside, paired with 8 GB of memory has more than enough oomph for a few dozen open tabs and Android apps, gaming or otherwise.Pixelbook Go memory usage with 10 open tabs, I can’t rave enough about the 13.3-inch 1920 x 1080 IPS display panel Google used for the Pixelbook Go. Is it still a good choice for specific types of customers? The Pixelbook Go, like its now-discontinued predecessor — which was recently delisted from the Google Store, only ever launched in three countries: Canada, United Kingdom, and United … I tested the $849 version of the Pixelbook Go, which comes with an Intel Core i5-8200Y processor, 8GB of RAM, a 128GB SSD and a 1080p display. Additionally, this site participates in various affiliate programs and may earn a small commmission on sales through any product links. The chromebook comes in an all too familiar clamshell design, and at 13.3-inches, it offers a bit more screen real estate than you’d get with the Pixelslate at 12.3-inches. $900.00. All versions of the MacBook Air sport an 8th Gen Core i5 CPU, meaning that it’ll likely outperform the Core m3 Pixelbook Go, but may fall behind to the fully specced Core i7 version. This is a Pixelbook experience for the masses, at a lower price than the original. My Acer Chromebook Spin 13 has 16 GB of RAM and when I monitor it, I’ve never used more than 75% of the memory, even with a very intensive workload of dozens of tabs. However, what the Pixelbook Go … If you’ve never used a 3:2 laptop and/or don’t think you’re missing anything, or you’re comfortable on a widescreen display to begin with, you’ll be happy with the Pixelbook Go. You can spend the same or less money as the $999 configuration and get a much higher performing device. I get that. The best strategy is to first decide how much you’re willing to budget; then prioritize features by importance (size, portability, 4k, connectivity, type of stand, mfr preference, etc. … We found the MacBook Air to be speedy and responsive during everyday use, but its Y-series CPU tended to lag behind Windows competitors that feature faste… If you’re in this category, I can’t see you lacking for power with the Pixelbook Go. Model: GA00526-US. The VM running Linux is a little slower than it would be running bare metal, but not much. Can not find anyone that can get parts to repair and Google told me it’s not covered by warranty. Here’s a good article with image examples: https://www.windowscentral.com/pc-makers-need-shift-32-aspect. Google Pixelbook Go, i7 Processor, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 4k Touchscreen Display. Does it still stand up to what I first thought? What are your thoughts on the Acer Spin eMMC storage as opposed to the SSD storage in the Pixelbook Go? Google Pixelbook Go price and configurations. So it depends on the content. It’s barely 2 pounds[3] and 13 mm thin, with up to 12 hours of battery life. The only reasons I’d consider a similar lower cost Chromebooks was if I didn’t want a 16:9 aspect ratio or I had to have a 2-in-1 Chromebook; remember, this is a clamshell. reviews and buyers guides. Right now it feels jarring to me. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Kevin, could you please clarify if pixelbook go has the same backlight issue as all previous google chromebooks have? Also, one of the things that makes the Pixelbook Go stand out from its predecessor, the Pixel Slate, is it’s screen’s 16:9 aspect ratio. I have the exact same issue and the chromebook broke in the same time frame. My Acer Chromebook Spin 13, for example, has a 3:2 aspect ratio like the original Google Pixelbook and it’s better suited for productivity; particularly in split screen mode.Acer Chromebook Spin 13 with 3:2 aspect ratio. It will be hard to entice them to take it up, however – the “harm” here is just us getting screwed; no one died or was maimed, etc. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The price is the same regardless of where you buy. Contents. It’s only beaten slightly by the Samsung Chromebook Plus V2 at 16:10 ratio, but all in all, this wide screen format makes it easy to view even two apps running at the same time, and thus helps you increase your productivity. The key here is to consider if the storage limtation will work for you. Yes. So I can make do with 64 GB. 0 bids. reviewed the $849 configuration of the Pixelbook Go, Acer Chromebook Spin 13 with its Intel U-series chip, $1,399 filled to the gills with memory, storage and a 4K display, Google Store discounts Pixel Slate between $300 and $700, includes keyboard and pen, Cyber Monday Chromebook deals include new Acer Chromebook Spin 13 for $699, First look at the Shared Clipboard feature coming to Chrome OS 78, The Asus Chromebook C434 is a very worthy successor to the Flip C302, https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=982282, https://www.windowscentral.com/pc-makers-need-shift-32-aspect, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cog-system-info-viewer/difcjdggkffcfgcfconafogflmmaadco?hl=en, Google acquires Neverware, the company that brings Chrome OS to older laptops with CloudReady. I will not buy another Google product either. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. For her needs, overkill is an understatement. But I might feel differently if this was my only Chromebook because the switch between display ratios wouldn’t be there. It feels like the system is waiting to see you going to tap again for dragging. Required fields are marked *. When I compare your results in “Pixelbook Go memory usage with 10 open tabs” to the COG 0.0.14 results from my LG ChromeBase 22CV241-W with 17 iterations of Chrome each with at least 3 or 4 Tabs open (altho many asleep with the Great Suspender App), I think I’m getting better performance. The Google Pixel Slate shipped in Core m3 ($799) all the … Here’s what I think. If you want what I think is the best built and lightest devices with this mid-range configuration, consider the Pixelbook Go.Pixelbook Go. Skip to main content. Your email address will not be published. [1] So whether you’re working on a Google Doc in a cafe, catching up on emails during a flight, or watching movies on vacation, you can do more on the go. It’s been four months to the day since I first reviewed the $849 configuration of the Pixelbook Go. “My Acer Chromebook Spin 13, for example, has a 3:2 aspect ratio like the original Google Pixelbook and it’s better suited for productivity; particularly in split screen mode.”. Octane 2.0 is a fair measure of single core performance and can easily be run in a browser. I’m sending both Pixelbooks back to uBreakiFix with the hope they can use the parts from both Pixelbooks to make one working Pixelbook. A lawyer friend is doing me a favor and helping me navigate the process. But most Chromebook buyers aren’t developers. They take money from brands to skew results. Sitting at the top of the Chromebook food chain we have the Google Pixelbook Go; A stylish, compact and well equipped number that runs the lightweight Chrome OS, and features a stunning 13.3-inch touchscreen that comes in either Full HD 1080p or 4K. My take: Think long and hard about the percentage of your productivity and your consumption / fun-time usage. Count me as a third person with this hinge failure problem. Pixelbook Go is the go-there, do-that Chromebook. I am not sure it will be worth it, but I’ll let you know how it goes. And lets face it: If you’re spending $1,399 for the Pixelbook Go, you’re still getting a Y-series processor, even if it is a Core i7. The Pixelbook Go? I use it on all of my Chrome OS devices. Learn how your comment data is processed. As I noted the display is great and the speakers are also better than most Chromebooks have to offer. Its easy to remote into either using the Pixelbook. I hope Google hears this and realizes it needs to support its uses. After a little investigation, I have learned that it is surprisingly easy to file a claim against Google for failure to honor their warranty, at least in my state in the USA. Your email address will not be published. I can count on one hand the times I really found myself in that situation though. AboutChromebooks.com is not affiliated with Google. Admittedly I have several other machines that I use for more computationally intensive tasks, but find the Chromebook and Linux combination to be quite useful. Just keep in mind that the Pixel Slate isn’t great on the lap with the Google keyboard; if you’re attached to a monitor and keyboard at a desk that won’t be an issue but on the run might not be ideal. For myself, I’m waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Chromebook. In short, we’ll always remain objective and find you the best products regardless of any monetary incentive. The Pixelbook and Pixelbook Go are nearly matched in terms of size and portability. And lets face it: If you’re spending $1,399 for the Pixelbook Go, you’re still getting a Y-series processor, even if it is a Core i7. ); then maximize your value on that basis during the holiday season sales. The new Pixelbook Go takes a different approach. Just about anything seems to work with Chrome OS these days. But once you start adding large Android games, downloading offline music or movies and such, you could run into issues. We are always transparent about where our information comes from so that you don’t have to waste time and money buying the wrong thing. Hinge on my Pixelbook Go got loose and then broke 3 months after purchase. Gadget Review works with a variety of eCommerce partners and vendors to help monetize the site’s traffic – instead of advertisers. I use Visual Studio Code running on Linux. That’s the Cog System Info Viewer extension for Chrome. There was no drop of the device or other misuse; thanks to the pandemic, it had barely left the desk it is used on. However, what the Pixelbook Go isn’t doesn’t take away from what it is. I mean washed out colors when the content of the screen is mostly dark. I’m also waiting for the Samsung Galaxy model to replace my Pixelbook. Google offered the Google Pixelbook in three configurations, ranging from a Core i5 ($999) all the way up to a Core i7 ($1,649). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. We both love this as our main computer but have desktops which hardly ever get used. Powered by an 8th Gen Intel® Core™ (m3/i5/i7) processor for faster browsing, gaming, and seamless 4K output to an external monitor. Thanks in advance for any words of advice. The Chromebook Go is the successor to 2017’s Pixelbook, with Google taking the decision to remove some of the standout features of the older model for the sake of lowering the cost. CJ, I’m thinking more RAM is slightly more important than an upgraded processor for the requirements and uses cases you outlined. I carry this computer with me everywhere and love it. It has the same build quality, screen, speakers, keyboard and touchpad. I work on-site and also remotely for 2 different companies, so I routinely have 3 virtual desktops running with about 10 tabs on each which mostly leverages whatever is running on my Chromebook [open tabs for Outlook OWA, Gmail, Google Drive, Cal, Trello, Todoist, Toggl, Messages on the Web, Whatsapp Web, Teams (web), and Hangouts (web)] with a tab for Chrome Remote Desktop to login to a remote Windows machine. The Pixelbook Go is Google's latest Chromebook and it's pretty amazing. However, at no time, will it ever affect our rankings or judgment of the product(s) in discussion or under evaluation. GOOGLE Pixelbook Go 13.3" Chromebook - Intel® Core™ i7, 256 GB SSD, Just Black Fast Delivery | Currysie. The Google Pixelbook Go is, by far, the best Chromebook for those that don’t want to spend four figures on a new laptop. SKU: 6382919. As such, some of the links on this page may earn us a commission when you click thru and purchase from the associated partner, like Amazon. But any average Chromebook user would likely be very happy with the Pixelbook Go — even the base model — provided they don’t want a 2-in-1 device, are fine with a widescreen display and they’re not routinely programming apps on a daily basis. While I can certainly code on the Go, compile and build times for my code is noticeably slower than on my Acer Chromebook Spin 13 with its Intel U-series chip. Battery life is also fantastic in this thin and light clamshell: I’m averaging 10 hours of usage a day on a single charge and the quick charge feature makes it easy to add more juice in a hurry if you need to. Required fields are marked *, Is this a review? Again, for around $1,000, you can find similar devices minus the 4K screen. Her keyboard is broken. Pixelbook Go is the Chromebook laptop designed for life on the go. So far, I have not had to compromise very much using it on a daily basis. And Chrome OS doesn't slow down over time so it always feels like new. In this episode, I … Computer still works fine but is basically a $1000 paper weight!!! The score is 23,000 running on Firefox as a Linux app. And Chrome OS doesn't slow down over time … Just like the Original Pixelbook, the Go version comes with Google Assistant included as a feature, and lets you use it just as you would on a regular Android smartphone. Hi – Do you have a suggestion for an ideal external monitor for a Pixelbook Go? As you’ll soon find out, the range of options available is one of the reasons that this laptop makes a good pick, and to see why it sits at the top of our best chromebook list, make sure to get to the end of this Google Pixelbook Go review. Still, with effective storage management, saving $200 to get the Pixelbook Go base model gets you the quality and experience of the next-higher priced version.Pixelbook Go pricing. Google Pixelbook Go 64GB Core m3 … I got one a few weeks back and brilliant little Chromebook. Ultra-thin and lightweight The Google Pixelbook Go is pretty self-explanatory – it's designed … Your email address will not be published. Its lightweight, has a long lasting battery, is silent, has a great keyboard and my browsing experience is quite good. Whether I’m getting work done or watching online HD video content, I never think “this display panel could be a tad better.”. Chromebooks, Chrome OS and Chrome tablet news, how tos, views and reviews. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Our next Chromebooks will be by another manufacturer which is a shame. It has above average brightness, great viewing angles and superb color reproduction. Linked here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cog-system-info-viewer/difcjdggkffcfgcfconafogflmmaadco?hl=en. I will on occasion have a couple of Android apps running as well, but mostly my work is just tab-intensive and I will be pushing to 2 external monitors either at my home office or on-site. Premium Chromebooks are making a name for themselves. One source told us that the Pixelbook Go … Unlikely to result in a big payout, so hard to get them interested, unless we could prove that there are dozens of folks with the same issue. It’s the first laptop with the google assistant built inches press the google assistant key on your keyboard or say "Ok google" to get started. If I am working on a small project or a small piece of a large project (which is most of the time), I find the Chromebook to be really nice. If you’re going to make that comparison, basing your Chromebook purchase solely on a device’s capabilities for the price, consider one of those less expensive options. Sign up for our newsletter to receive weekly recommendations about seasonal and trending products. The Pixelbook Go may not be the Pixelbook 2 that some wanted. The fee to file the claim is about $85. Connectivity-wise, the Pixelbook Go features one USB C port on its right that allows for fast charging, and another on the left that;s just next to a headphone jack. So far inserting modules is blocked. Although I’m using the $849 Pixelbook Go, I have had a chance to try the $649 configuration. I program in C++, Python and Javascript (Vue). Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I went with the i7 powered 4K display model. The google assistant is always ready to help Features 7th gen intel core i7 … The Core i7 Pixelbook Go is available from most of the usual outlets including the Google Store, Best Buy and Amazon. I do have an issue though and seems to be isolated to pixel book go (but I read also pixel book is affected) as it does not happen on the R13 Acer and Acer spin 311 which I also have.When enabling double tap and tap dragging you get a really noticeable latacy to register a tap. I’m looking for the Chrome OS keys instead of the Windows keys.Thanks. Having been born curious about how everything works, he spends his time taking things apart to put them back together, and shares what he finds out through writing. So, dealer’s … We tested the $849 edition of the Pixelbook Go, which comes with an Intel Core i5, 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. However, this is a 16:9 aspect ratio display. – Pixel Slate i7/1GB RAM with the same amount of power but more RAM and good battery life. Happens on Chrome 80 and only on pixel book go. Skip Navigation . I’m thinking RAM since the PBG so far is keeping up for the most part…. 2.1 Why You Should Buy Best Google Pixelbook I7 from Amazon; 2.2 How to Choose the Best Google Pixelbook I7 … I owned (and liked) the Pixelbook for less than three months when, upon opening the screen one day, the hinge broke at on side. It been good if you can use this medium to get the attention of Google to fix it. Google says they don’t repair anything other than damaged screens. Kevin: what app is yielding that RAM usage screenshot? On top of that, the Pixelbook Go’s Core i7 processor keeps things super snappy (snappier than the ASUS C302 Flip Chromebook), and the fact that it uses a very light operating … The original Pixelbook was beautiful, but a bit too expensive. Good audio output. Honestly, I am so infuriated by Google’s shady behavior that I plan to pursue it. The Pixelbook Go also receives a lot of praise for its keyboard, as it makes typing on it an absolute joy thanks to a short travel and a smooth feel. I’d honestly recommend that model to most Chromebook users because I really didn’t see a performance difference in most cases. Cheers! It’s great for portability since its super light, and has a day’s long battery life to get everything you need done. It types wrong keys or duplicates keys. With a 4K screen and a rigid, compact design, the chromebook will go anywhere you want it to, and do a lot more as you’ll see in this Go review. This Chromebook is a joy to carry around at just 2.3 pounds and has one of the best (if not the best) input experiences with the hush-key keyboard and trackpad. Powered by an 8th Generation Intel Core i5 processor, the Google Pixelbook Go is one chromebook that can take almost anything you’ll throw at it. Overall, there’s still not much to dislike about the Pixelbook Go. I didn’t ask for a free repair. Please let me know what you think as I’m a mere User:Same Chrome versionIntel i5-8200Y CPU @ 1.30 HzVs Intel Celeron 2955U @ 1.4GHzsame architecture but higher temperatures:140 F 135 F 138 F & 135 FSame features except I don’t have the last one,AVXInternal Storage/mnt/stateful_partition 108.330 GBVs 10.764 GBMemory7.685 GBVs 7.732 GB (I added memory when I bought it in 2015).I’m probably misreading my results because they look pretty close?Next issue I need info about is why does my LG slow down horrendously especially in the evening? And I can see why if you’re comparing apples to apples internal hardware between the Pixelbook Go against similarly configured Chromebooks from Acer, Asus, Dell and others that can be found in the $400 to $500 range. Arif Bacchus / … You can read more about our honesty pledge for additional insight on this matter. Too many are simply trying to capitalize on affiliate revenue. The Pixelbook Go comes in two colors with Google’s typically cutesy names: just black and not pink. Instead, they use a Chromebook for browsing and web apps, along with some Android titles as well. The Pixelbook Go comes in a design that’s not that far off from your normal laptop or ultrabook, save for the fact that it’s a lot thinner and much lighter. The difference is on the inside: You get a Core m3, still with 8 GB of memory, and 64 GB of storage. We’re told the Pixelbook Go will come in Intel Core m3, i5, and i7 configurations with either 8GB or 16GB of RAM and 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB of storage. No To effectively code quickly on a Chromebook using Linux, you really want a higher processor series than what Google has used inside the Pixelbook Go, which is the Intel Y-series processors. On top of that, the Pixelbook Go’s Core i7 processor keeps things super snappy (snappier than the ASUS C302 Flip Chromebook), and the fact that it uses a very light operating system also helps a great deal. Over a year ago, I bought a Chromebook Spin 13 for my wife. Meet google pixelbook, the high performance chromebook. As a comparison my i7-8700 desktop machine does around 40,000 for the same test. Lucky she also has a Pixelbook Slate which is now her main computer. This is what allows us to offer our content free of charge or without a paywall. Not even developers. Would my use case benefit more from the added RAM or from the increased power? I’d still like to see the occasional Pixelbook Go sale to help people’s budgets and frankly, I think a non-touchscreen model priced $50 less than the current Pixelbook Go configurations would do wonders for this product. Your email address will not be published. As you’ve probably found out in this Pixelbook Go review, not many other competitors are likely to measure up to the features that the Pixelbook Go has in store, and this is why we have it ranked as the best chromebook out of the three that Google has put out. The online rep actually told be the fact that the device was damaged in normal use “voids the warranty,” which is beyond illogical. Our mission is to empower you to find the product you’re looking for and get exactly the information you need to make the right buying decision. It has a Core i5 U-Series processor which can run longer at higher wattages/temps than the Y-Series devices you mentioned here but it’s really the memory space that helps more IMO. Funny, I always thought a wider screen was better when viewing two windows side by side. The Pixelbook Go is very much efficient when running Android apps, and with a battery life that stretches up to 12 hours, it’ll stay running long enough for you to get your work done, even when on the go. Unbiased, No B.S. The Pixelbook Go is a bit lighter at just two pounds, but the Pixelbook is a bit thinner. If it’s 50-50 (or more) like mine is, I’d rather sacrifice the natural widescreen video content ratio of 16:9 and get something other than a Pixelbook Go. The Pixelbook Go is available with 8th Gen Intel Core m3, Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs and up to 16GB of RAM. When the Pixelbook Go launched with a $649 base price for the Core m3 processor, 8 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage, many balked at the price. And although I love the build quality of the Pixelbook Go, I don’t see much value of the $999 and $1,399 models for most people. It has continued to meet nearly all of my needs and would probably meet yours as well unless you’re a developer. The Pixelbook Go certainly can hold its own against just about any other Chromebook out there. The Google Pixelbook Go is powered by an 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, making it a super fast machine that’s capable of starting-up in seconds. Magnesium alloy body. I can’t recommend anyone buying a laptop or tablet from Google until they step up and have a repair policy to fix anything that is needed. As long as I’ve used Chromebooks, I’ve relied more on Google Drive storage for documents, work and code. The Pixelbook Go features an 8th Gen Intel Core m3 processor that can be upgraded to a Core i5 or i7, as well as starting RAM and storage of 8GB and 64GB, respectively. And it feels awkward if you bounce around from different machines with other aspect ratios. Our reviews and buyers guides are always either based on reviews we’ve done ourselves, or aggregated from trusted sources. Not so much. Compare m3, i5, and i7 processors. I get that. . https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=982282. Weighing barely 2 pounds, which is heavier than the HP Chromebook X2, it’s unlikely that you’ll get tired of placing the Pixelbook Go on your lap. Chic styling. The Pixelbook Go is available in a number of versions, that range drastically in price from £629/$649 to £1349/$1399. And for anyone looking to use a laptop in a remote area with no power, meet Sol the $300 solar-powered laptop. Google - Pixelbook Go 13.3" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Chromebook - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive - Just Black. While we don't know the specific processors models, the Pixelbook Go will … Is verizon ‘throttling’ my service is is it something else?Lastly, do you know of a Chrome OS keyboard (like the one that LG shipped with this Chromebase) and where I can find it? When I’m coding or writing a document, I can see more text on a 3:2 display. Other has raised it in chrome issue tracker. You can check it by launching chrome incognito window and look for color difference of icons on the shelf by opening/closing a context menu of the start page or icons on the shelf. The only thing I cant do on the Pixelbook is Linux Kernel module programming. I almost decided to replace my current Chromebook with the Pixelbook Go last year, but I instead decided to wait for a convertible with a 4K display because I tend to quite often use the screen to take handwritten Google Keep notes with the device in stand (horizontal tent) mode. Charge or without a paywall always either based on reviews we’ve done ourselves, aggregated... Vm running Linux is a bit too expensive this computer with me everywhere and love it ’ m waiting the. 2.0 is a Pixelbook Go isn ’ t repair anything other than damaged screens on Pixel book Go for activities! Washed out colors when the content of the repairs I can see more on... 8Gb or 16GB for … the Pixelbook Go with the Go a rough measure I Octane! With up to what I think is the Chromebook laptop designed for life on the Go a rough I! We 're on a mission to fix the broken user review system enough but! Chromebooks will be worth it, but a fraudulent sales pitch RAM ) 8GB or for. About $ 85 maximize your value on that basis during the holiday season sales 3 after! S shady behavior that I plan to pursue it programs and may a... Downloading offline music or movies and such, you get more width, but fraudulent. And Javascript ( Vue ) use this site participates in various affiliate and! Up to what I think is the same regardless of where you buy allows us to offer content! Doesn ’ t see a performance difference in most cases this new look it! Anything seems to work with Chrome OS these days could you please if. Guides are always either based on reviews we’ve done ourselves, or aggregated from trusted sources for day! A good choice for specific types of customers two are just fine,... On all of my Chrome OS these days a year ago, I always thought a wider screen better... Can get parts to repair and Google told me it ’ s that... Better when viewing two Windows side by side to Go anywhere and has a long lasting battery is. Https: //www.windowscentral.com/pc-makers-need-shift-32-aspect of your productivity and your consumption / fun-time usage better grip and! Hours of battery life daily driver but I ’ m thinking more RAM is slightly important. Day and a half, then the screen stopped working altogether the switch between ratios. Fit for those activities a better grip, and also makes it stand out in terms its. Aspect ratios percentage of your productivity and your consumption / fun-time usage reviews we’ve done ourselves, or from. $ 1,399 filled to the SSD storage in the same regardless of where you buy and superb reproduction! Go may not be enough, but I have the exact same issue and speakers! Be enough, but not much to dislike about the Pixelbook is Kernel... All registered trademarks of Google has a day’s long battery life find anyone that can get to... M also waiting for the requirements and uses cases you outlined, consider the Pixelbook Go not! That just two USB C ports may not be enough, but ’! Also has a long lasting battery, is this a review specific processors models, the Pixelbook browser. Devices minus the 4K screen action suit, given that this is obviously happening repeatedly matters... Of Google adding large Android games, downloading offline music or movies and such, you could run into.! Products regardless of where you buy weekly recommendations about seasonal and trending products with Android. Long lasting battery, is silent, has a day’s long battery.. Am a developer 12 hours of battery life kenn is a bit lighter at just two USB ports... Uses cases you outlined they don ’ t see a performance difference in most cases 999 configuration and a. I7, 256 GB SSD, just Black Fast Delivery | Currysie my OS. For dragging funny, I have the exact same issue and the speakers are also than! A lower price than the original Pixelbook was beautiful, but we think two are just.! Chromebooks, Chrome OS, Pixel Slate i7/1GB RAM with the Pixelbook Go the. Is silent, has a long lasting battery, is this a review nor compile fair. Brilliant little Chromebook area with no power, meet Sol the $ 849 Go... The speakers are also better than most Chromebooks have that ’ s all that matters )! ) 8GB or 16GB for … the original Viewer extension for Chrome going to again... Additionally, this site participates in various affiliate programs and may earn a small commmission on sales any... Kenn is a writer that 's fascinated by all things tech buying the wrong.. Hours of battery life width, but a bit thinner measure I Octane! Easily be run in a remote area with no power, meet Sol the $ 849 Pixelbook Go a... Against just about any other Chromebook out there worked with a variety of eCommerce partners and to. Long and hard about the percentage of your productivity and your consumption / usage... 849 version ) for software development for Stadia gaming writing a document, I ’ ve to! Reviewed the $ 300 solar-powered laptop medium to get everything you need done but not much dislike. Of the Windows keys.Thanks kevin: what app is yielding that RAM screenshot! Best Google Pixelbook Go is a writer that 's fascinated by all things tech Chromebook users because really! Take: think long and hard about the Pixelbook 2 that some wanted may not be Pixelbook. Are just fine Pixelbook experience for the requirements and uses cases you outlined use device. Good article with image examples: https: //www.windowscentral.com/pc-makers-need-shift-32-aspect m coding or writing a document, I ’ also. Various affiliate programs and may earn a small commmission on sales through product! Can count on one hand the times I really didn ’ t see a performance difference in cases! Receive weekly recommendations about seasonal and trending products memory ( RAM ) 8GB or 16GB for … Pixelbook! To 12 hours of battery life to get everything you need done will assume that you happy. Found myself in that situation though not covered by warranty hold its against... Behavior that I plan to pursue it powered 4K display model aggregated from trusted sources a great and. Its ridged bottom large Android games, downloading offline music or movies and such, you get more width but... Has above average brightness, great viewing angles and superb color reproduction Chromebooks I! Are happy with it similar devices minus the 4K screen Google Drive storage for,. Be the Pixelbook Go, i7 Processor, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD 4K... Good if you can use this medium to get everything you need done see performance... And money buying the wrong thing speakers, keyboard and my browsing experience is good... Run in a browser most kickbacks when you buy notifications of new posts by.! Using it a few weeks back and brilliant little Chromebook than it would be running bare metal, but lose... Display model great for portability since its super light, and that s... Bought a Chromebook Spin 13 for my online content viewing and for Stadia gaming of! Product links you lacking for power with the same test barely 2 pounds [ ]. Monitor for a day and a half, then the screen stopped working altogether re a developer it a. We both love this as our main computer but have desktops which ever... 80 and only on Pixel book Go the price is the same time it make. For life on the Pixelbook is a Pixelbook Go work and code bit thinner which hardly ever used... Laptop in a browser you bounce around from different machines with other aspect ratios out. Reviewed ; 2 Top Rated Google Pixelbook i7 to buy Now model to most Chromebook users because I didn... Pixelbook i7 to buy Now opted to use this medium to get everything you need.! All previous Google Chromebooks have to waste time and money buying the wrong thing to capitalize on affiliate revenue m. A half, then the screen stopped working altogether is actually perfectly suited for my online content viewing for. Case benefit more from the increased power has above average brightness, great viewing angles and superb reproduction... For Chrome a wider screen was better when viewing two Windows side by.! Configuration of the repairs as intended is not a warranty at all, but a bit too.. For those activities love using my Pixelbook Go ( the $ 849 Pixelbook Go is a Go... But have desktops which hardly ever get used $ 85 few weeks and... | Currysie products regardless of where you buy commmission on sales through any product links m thinking RAM the. Viewing and for Stadia gaming that ’ s all that matters. week throughout the month of February increased?... – do you have a suggestion for an ideal external monitor for a day and a,. For Stadia gaming let you know pixelbook go i7 it goes ago, I can count on one hand the I! Person with this hinge failure problem does n't slow down over time so it always feels like system. Even faster server at work, downloading offline music or movies and such, you could run issues. Color reproduction on reviews we’ve done ourselves, or aggregated from trusted sources is Kernel... Into issues are always either based on reviews we’ve done ourselves, or aggregated from sources. Good choice for specific types of customers participates in various affiliate programs and pixelbook go i7 earn a small commmission sales. Feels like new ( the $ 300 solar-powered laptop works fine but is basically $!