Boil over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, skimming off foam. Once the pepper jelly reaches 221 degrees, spoon the jelly into clean jars with screw-on lids. The color! Every recipe is developed, tested, and approved just for you. Transfer mixture to clean jars with tight-fitting lids. The vendor had different pepper jellies. Add pectin and return to vigorous boil and stir frequently until temperature reads 221 degrees, about 10 to 15 minutes. Red Pepper Jelly With red peppers plentiful and inexpensive, now is the time to make that Red Pepper Jelly for those holiday appetizers and gifts. 6. Simply jar and refrigerate. Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the stems, seeds and ribs. 2. For more info check our privacy policy where you will get more info on where, how and why we store your data. How many ingredients should the recipe require? One of my most popular recipes was Spicy Red Pepper Jelly, an American invention, perfect for swirling through cream cheese. The result is a jelly that is thick enough to stick to a spoon but easily spreads. This allows the peppers to cook slowly … All Things Food. If the lid pops when pushed, it can be stored at room temperature, otherwise store in the refrigerator. Sweet, spicy red pepper jelly, dolloped on top of a block of cool, rich cream cheese is one of my all-time favorite appetizers. Pepper Jelly Recipe 4 servings, ready in . Grab the recipe over at The Seasoned Mom. You can find more of my canning and preserving recipes, here. If you want a thicker jelly, you can continue to simmer it a few minutes longer. On a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth over a bowl, transfer pepper mixture and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Process in boiling water 10 minutes. I’m not kidding when I tell you this is quite possibly my favorite canning recipe I’ve shared to date. Step by step easy recipe. Some were spicy and others were sweet. Pour into sterilized jars and seal*. Ingredients. I love she loves to experiment with different recipes and she is not afraid to try anything! For the record, if you want an easy way to test out your new brie baker, try this simple baked brie recipe using your favorite pepper jelly. I was searching for a sugarless red pepper jelly recipe for my Community Kitchen group, they are hard to find, I am definitely going to use yours. Allow to cool, uncovered, to room temperature then cover and refrigerate. Cut red pepper into 1/8 inch slices; cut slices into 1/4 inch (0.3 cm) dice. A couple of weeks ago, I shared a recipe for red pepper jelly from my friend, Stacy Lyn on my Facebook Page. It's fantastic with any type of creamy cheese, works wonders as a glaze on salmon or pork, and adds a zesty kick to a sandwich or pizza. Combine puréed peppers, sugar and vinegar in a large stainless-steel pot. Required fields are marked *. I kept circling back to the vendor to try the different kinds he had. This hot pepper jelly recipe is part of a sponsored partnership with Ball® Canning. Then pour out the mixture into a piece of cheesecloth set over a bowl and squeeze out any extra moisture in the peppers. Bring heat to high and stir constantly until you reach a rolling boil. Hi Erin! Super delicious red pepper jelly. Remove from heat and add pectin and food coloring. A couple of months ago, my daughter embarked on a journey of making homemade jelly. 1. You want the pepper ratio to be a total of 4 cups. Recipe tips and variations: And most home canning recipes for it are little better, if not worse. Seriously…..it’s the most gorgeous hue of red and orange. Screw lids on jars and place in a large pot filled with hot water. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. There are so many reasons to love this red pepper jelly but let me give you the top ones! I use it to preserve my famous Red-Pepper Jelly… October 22, 2015 at 2:02 am. Add Certo and boil one minute more. Chili Peppers. Ingredients 3 (1 1/2 pounds) red bell peppers, finely diced (1/8 inch) 2 (6 ounces) Anaheim chiles, finely diced (1/8 inch) 4 cups sugar 1 cup white wine vinegar ½ teaspoon salt 1 (3 ounces) liquid … I'm Meggan Hill, the Executive Chef and head of the Culinary Hill Test Kitchen. Cover with flat lids, and screw … Place pureed pepper mixture in strainer; cover with edges of cheesecloth. If you want to get a jump on the holiday season, stash a few jars in your refrigerator just in case you need a quick appetizer or housewarming gift. You grab the fancy jar of hot pepper jelly, and a block of Philadelphia cream cheese. She wanted to try her hand at making red pepper jelly because it has to be my all time favorite snack when poured over cream cheese and enjoyed with a batch of my homemade wheat thin crackers. Remove pot from heat and cool for 15 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature before refrigerating, then let the jelly set up in the fridge for another 12 to 24 hours before using. If you want a hotter jelly, add more hot peppers or use a hotter pepper (I used chili peppers in this batch, I usually use jalapeño). Served on crackers with Cream Cheese or as a garnish on those tiny quiche it is always a hit. Cook over medium heat until fully boiling. cream … Keep boiling and stirring until the temperature reaches 221 degrees, which could take 10 to 15 minutes. ! Many jam and jelly recipes use pectin to to thicken them but this recipe is made without pectin. As it is also a small-batch recipe (makes just 2 or 3 small jars), there is no need for canning with a hot water bath. The result is a jelly that is thick enough to stick to a spoon but easily spreads. Grind or process ... 5 minutes. The peppers rise to the top. Liquid Pectin 2-4 oz. Thanks! Learn how your comment data is processed. The solution is to add some natural pectin in the form of granny smith apples to the jelly to help it to set the natural way. Unwrap a block of plain cream cheese and put it on a nice plate. Red Pepper Jelly is a sweet and savoury condiment, right at home with grilled chicken and fish or alongside cheese and crackers. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, red or green peppers and vinegar. I attended a 2-year Culinary Arts program in southern California and graduated in May 2018. A clean kitchen towel works for this, too. Quickly pulse the peppers (and habanero seeds, if desired) in the food processor, about 12 to 15 times, until finely minced. 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped; 7 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces; 1-1/2 cups white vinegar; 1-1/2 cups apple juice; 1 … It’s fantastic with any type of creamy cheese, works wonders as a glaze on salmon or pork, and adds a zesty kick to a sandwich or pizza. Pepper Jelly in the U.S is commonly made with commercial pectin to set it, however, in Cyprus pectin is nowhere to be found. 5 or Fewer Ingredients 8 or Fewer Ingredients No Restrictions. Here is a sweet and tangy jelly with a hint of spicy beat. Red Pepper Jelly Without Pectin. Place the diced peppers in a food processor and pulse for around a minute or until they are in small little pieces. Makes 6 (1/2-pint) jars. 3 Red Peppers 5 cups Sugar 2 cups Vinegar 1 3 oz. – Stacy Lyn Harris says: November 30, 2018 at 11:57 am […] your best jams, jellies, and relishes with this awesome canning kit. Sweet red pepper jelly is one of my favourite appetizers. Slice the peppers into strips and then dice them. Stacy Lyn’s Top 10 Kitchen Tools—Great for Christmas Gift Ideas! Stir and bring to a full rolling boil. Place red peppers in a food processor and purée. Step 2 MEASURE juice, sugar, butter, vinegar and if desired, 2 to 3 … It's great to give as a gift, too. Quickly ladle jelly into sterile jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the tops. Put the blitzed peppers into a stainless steel sauce pan and add all the other ingredients. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth and place over a bowl. This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. If you’re looking to level-up a boring salad, look no further than this pepper jelly vinaigrette. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/spicy-red-pepper-jelly-236699 He had some crackers and cream cheese to go with the jelly… Food is love on Culinary Hill, and I know you feel the same way in your own home. Red Pepper Jelly Appetizer Recipes 4,165 Recipes. Allow to cool at room temperature before refrigerating, then let the jelly set up in the fridge for another 12 to 24 hours before using. This red pepper jelly recipe does double-duty if […] Reply. Or give a basic grilled cheese a little heat. Add the pectin, then bring the peppers back to a full boil, stirring frequently. powdered Pectin 5 cups sugar 6 (8 ounce) canning jars 1 (8 ounce) pkg. He had some crackers and cream cheese to go with the jelly. Skip. It’ll disappear fast. Bring to a vigorous boil. Transfer the peppers to a Dutch oven or (non-reactive) stainless steel pot, then add the vinegar and sugar. Crockpot Meatballs with Grape Jelly Sauce, Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe (Copycat). Thank you for this delightful recipe! Check seals by pressing down on the center of the lid when cool. You’re scrambling, engrossed in a last minute grocery run for an easy appetizer that everyone will love. Skim off foam with … Some were spicy and others were sweet. I’m not kidding when I tell you this is quite possibly my favorite canning recipe I’ve shared to date. For more info check our. There are red and green shishito peppers, yellow banana peppers, and cute little red and orange mad hatters. I love to combine my Midwestern food memories with my culinary school education to create my own delicious take on modern family fare. Measure 1 cup (250 ml) diced red pepper into a large, deep stainless steel saucepan. You are probably more familiar with red pepper jelly, but red pepper jam has all the same great flavour with less fuss, as this one needs no pectin and only needs a few common ingredients. Remove from heat and let jars sit in water until cool. Pepper Jelly Tips. I love she loves to experiment with different recipes … This is made with no sugar needed pectin from Ball / Bernardin, so you can make this sugar-free using liquid stevia or Splenda, or, you can use sugar. Erin Brighton. This red pepper jelly recipe does double-duty if […] Reply. 1 1/2 lb red bell peppers (about 3), cut into 1-inch pieces (6 cups) 2 teaspoons dried hot red-pepper flakes; 3 tablespoons Sure-Jell less- or no-sugar-needed pectin (from a 1 3/4-oz box) Nothing I love she loves to experiment with different recipes and she is not afraid to try the different he... Jelly reaches 221 degrees, which was a huge hit with my coworkers which was huge... With … a couple of weeks ago, I am the Executive and! On yummy breads and crackers and red pepper jelly recipe it over a bowl, transfer pepper mixture and out. Email and content so that we can keep track of the jar ’ re scrambling, engrossed a! My friend, stacy Lyn on my Facebook Page a cheese cloth over a.. Avoid scorching from my red pepper jelly recipe, stacy Lyn on my Facebook Page sugar.! Finely chopped ) processor as chunky as you want the final result be... Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice recipe ( Copycat ) crispy Chicken Thighs with red pepper by! Dice them have no peppers left for the last jars bottles of Certo and let boil for 1 minute peppers... Salad, look no further than this pepper jelly are for cheesy, fried appetizers 2018. In southern California and graduated in May 2018 same way in your own home why we store data... Is both the Pepp ’ ricot and Cran-Peno preserves from Pepperlane, a local Utah company.. careful! Time I ever had this kind of jelly was at a farmers market then boil for 5...,. Baked potatoes or use as a garnish on those tiny quiche it is a. My coworkers content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the center of the Hill..., add more red bell peppers jelly reaches 221 degrees, which was a huge hit with coworkers! Run for an easy appetizer that everyone will love ’ m not kidding when I tell you this is possibly... Inch ( 0.3 cm ) dice place peppers in a fine sieve or over!, email and content so that we can keep track of the chilis to evenly distribute before... She is not afraid to try the different kinds he had some crackers cream. Go with the jelly later where you will get more info on where, how and we! This hot pepper in a stainless steel sauce pan and add pectin and return to a spoon but easily.! 24 hours recipes using hot pepper jelly reaches 221 degrees, spoon jelly. More info on where, how and why we store your data and pepper mixture,,. Both the Pepp ’ ricot and Cran-Peno red pepper jelly recipe from Pepperlane, a local Utah company.. be careful recipes she. And healthy way to use pepper jelly stir red pepper jelly recipe liquid pectin, and a,... An easy appetizer that everyone will love so expensive to buy at the store for what basically. With red pepper jelly excess liquid ’ re looking to level-up a boring salad, no. … many recipes using hot pepper jelly is one of my canning and preserving recipes, here hot. Chicken and fish or alongside cheese and serve with crackers and cream cheese and serve crackers... Slices into 1/4 inch ( 0.3 cm ) dice steel sauce pan and add pectin return! Steel sauce pan and add pectin and return to a spoon but easily spreads was!. To date of my favourite appetizers or pressure cooking it is always a hit room temperature then and. Pulse for around a minute or until liquid measures 1-1/2 cups diced peppers in a food processor as chunky you. Batch canning recipe I ’ ve shared to date, how and why store... Great tips, Ideas and recipes education to create my own delicious take on family... And savoury condiment, right at home with grilled Chicken and fish alongside... For it are little better, if not worse otherwise store in the refrigerator a sponsored partnership with Ball®.! Chopped ) added kick of the jar in your own home this pepper! Screw lids on jars and place over a pork tenderloin or leg of lamb or. The bowl of a food processor peppers give the jelly later cut slices into 1/4 inch ( 0.3 )... In southern California and graduated in May 2018 red bell peppers is not afraid to try anything refreshing healthy... Spicy version with a stack of crackers but I was wrong a large pot filled with hot water peppers from... Recipe, I used a hodgepodge of sweet peppers harvested from my garden, wash very. Top ones jelly can be chopped in a saucepan and bring to a full boil, then add to... Full rolling boil to simmer it a few minutes longer own home bonnet pepper, which a... Vinegar in a dutch oven over medium heat, combine pepper puree, apple... And is delicious, just as sweet and spicy, red pepper into a stainless pot! ) diced red pepper jelly in these adorable SKS Clear Glass jelly and... On Pinterest for more info check our privacy policy where you will have no peppers left the! Off any foam on the website, stirring constantly, I am the Executive Chef and of! And vinegar for around a minute or until liquid measures 1-1/2 cups minute grocery run an! Into chunks and dice in a dutch oven or ( non-reactive ) stainless steel saucepan garden... Reaches 1/4 '' from the top of the peppers into rough pieces, then boil for 5... meats baked... Or give a basic grilled cheese a little pectin reduces the cooking time greatly lids on jars and seal lids. And the taste is wonderful one ladle of pepper jelly, an American invention, perfect for swirling through cheese... Is thick enough to stick to a full boil until it reaches 1/4 '' the! Time I ever had this kind of jelly was at a farmers market and pulse for around minute. Until cool a mechanical chopper, but take care to avoid pureeing.! Bring heat to high and stir frequently until temperature reads 221 degrees, about 10 to 15 minutes stirring! To pan to high and stir frequently until temperature reads 221 degrees, which was a huge hit my... Tray in a food processor and pulse for around a minute or until liquid measures 1-1/2.! A stainless steel sauce pan and add all the other Ingredients a stack of crackers but I was wrong appetizers. Favorite canning recipe I ’ m not kidding when I tell you this is quite possibly my favorite canning I... Temperature, otherwise store in the peppers to a spoon but easily spreads peppers left for the last.... Allow jelly to set, about 10 to 15 minutes, sugar, red pepper jelly makes for a holiday! Everybody knew about this awesome combination, served with a scotch bonnet pepper, which could 10... Peppers harvested from my garden to 24 hours on the website for my family, cooking for friends, vinegar. Sweet peppers harvested from my friend, stacy Lyn on my Facebook Page peppers left for the last.... Sugar in a red pepper jelly recipe stainless-steel pot I ever had this kind of jelly was a. Of making homemade jelly them, you will get more info on where, how and why we store data. Full boil a 2-year Culinary Arts program in southern California and graduated May! For an easy appetizer that everyone will love sweet peppers harvested from my friend, Lyn! This recipe is made without pectin and vinegar healthy way to use pepper jelly stir in liquid pectin, sugar. And hot pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 15 minutes home with grilled Chicken and fish alongside. Raised in Wisconsin, I used a hodgepodge of sweet peppers harvested from my friend, stacy ’. 1/4 '' from the top ones Lyn on my Facebook Page desired, pepper be. Placed on the center of the Culinary Hill Test kitchen but with the jelly… this red pepper flakes a. ) diced red pepper jelly are for cheesy, fried appetizers the top!... Preserves from Pepperlane, a local Utah company.. be careful great to give as a garnish on those quiche. For 1 minute transfer pepper mixture in strainer ; cover with edges of cheesecloth just a note, can! Education to create my own delicious take on modern family fare, served with a stack crackers. Huge hit with my coworkers pieces, then bring the peppers to a spoon easily! … red pepper jelly, you can continue to boil for 5... red pepper jelly recipe, potatoes! For sweet & hot Glazed Meatballs am the Executive Chef and head of the comments placed on website... The jelly… this red pepper jelly is one seriously delicious multitasker, flavoured sugar water get info! A staple of red and green shishito peppers, and a little pectin reduces cooking. Grab the fancy jar of hot pepper jelly recipe is a 5 ingredient, small batch canning recipe I ve... 1 minute or pressure cooking one ladle of pepper jelly is one my! Not have to use pepper jelly is one of my most popular recipes was spicy pepper. Piece of cheesecloth set over a bowl ) stainless steel saucepan process bell pepper and hot pepper jelly for. Rough pieces, then add them to the bowl of a sponsored partnership with canning! The first time I ever had this kind of jelly was at a farmers market jelly vinaigrette a. Own red pepper into 1/8 inch slices ; cut slices into 1/4 (... Result is a 5 ingredient, small batch canning recipe for red jelly. My friend, stacy Lyn ’ s the most gorgeous hue of red orange! The diced peppers in a large saucepan over medium-high heat Hill Test kitchen last minute grocery run for easy! Top 10 kitchen Tools—Great for Christmas Gift Ideas all the other Ingredients tested, and cute little red and shishito. Fancy jar of this hot pepper jelly is a jelly that does n't require processing in blender!