Though designed around a racier 700x42mm tyre size, it will fit up to a 700x 45mm or 650b x 2.0. Das Eintauchen in eine andere Welt, das Gravelbiking, ist mit dem Testabschluss des Cutthroat erst mal abgeschlossen. But today, at long last, Salsa unveiled the Cutthroat version two, a completely redesigned bike featuring BOOST spacing, a new fork with 32% more compliance, and a lot of other interesting tweaks and details. Cutthroat’s unique drop-bar mountain bike geometry delivers a stable ride no matter what’s under your tires. After enquiring with numerous bike shops here in Canada it is frustrating to see that every Salsa dealer I have contacted has stated that they will not be stocking the Cutthroat and all want money to before getting one in. The Fargo still retains the same frame as it has had in 2018 so 27.5+, 29+, and 29″ wheels are all compatible. Breaking all records: the Cutthroat frame kit from Salsa The Salsa Cutthroat Carbon frame kit brings together speed and the Gravel / Ultra-Endurance bikepacking racing scene. Accessory Mounts. We rode the 60tpi tire. Bringing speed to the mixed-surface, ultra-endurance bikepacking race scene, the Salsa Cutthroat Carbon Apex 1 bike is an evolutionary leap forward, designed to obliterate long-distance records. $180.00 shipping. Salsa Cutthroat Force 1x – (doppeltes) Testfazit . Other notable updates include its full-carbon utility ‘Waxwing’ fork that features a range of m Salsa Cutthroat Rival 1 Test Bike Measurements. Other models include the teal/sunrise fade Cutthroat Force 1 for $4,499, the red/blue Rival 1 for $3,499, … $75.00 shipping. One such bike, I would say, is the Salsa Cutthroat. The following review will give you an idea of just what this two-wheeler will offer you off-road. We have a 56 and 58 sizes left. Outlast everyone in the pack with the comfort and compliance of the redesigned full-carbon Cutthroat frame and fork and the precision performance of Shimano’s GRX 810 drivetrain. I’ll be using it for local gravel-bashing, fast and light, as well as longer multi-day bikepacking. Salsa addressed many of our nits with the latest Warbird v4. Being a bit of a weight-weenie, even bikepacking is on the fast and light end of the spectrum, and I was pretty curious about giving some racing a go. Cover ground with speed and efficiency on gravel races, bikepacking epics or local singletrack—anywhere dirt beckons—with the comfortable, compliant and precise carbon Salsa Cutthroat GRX 810 1x bike. The Cutthroat gets its own purpose built frame bag, made specifically for each frame size. $4,499.00. Shipping is free, bikes are new from shop include dealer warranty DM for questions. Cutthroat is designed for optimized fit with the Salsa Cowchipper or Woodchipper Bars; TOUR DIVISE INSPIRED FEATURES: Designed for maximum frame bag volume on every size. 67 watching. … I am a longtime bike shop mechanic and will have it serviced and running better than new when you get it. The split for the belt drive option also was retained. 2019 Salsa Cutthroat Apex XL. After enquiring with numerous bike shops here in Canada it is frustrating to see that every Salsa dealer I have contacted has stated that they will not be stocking the Cutthroat and all want money to before getting one in. Brand Identity – ‘Adventure by Bike’ By design, Salsa has become synonymous with getting out on your bike to explore the back and beyond. Here, he reports on an icy shakedown ride in a very wintry Kielder Forest. Model :Cutthroat Rival 1. Fork … 2019 SALSA CUTTHROAT Custom BUILD - Size Large . Surprisingly, the Salsa Cutthroat has more chops than one might think. They’re offering three sizes initially, the Cannonball is a 38mm tire, the Golina is a 32mm “cross tire” and the Sparwood (pictured) is a 2.2″ multi-use MTB tire. Ich habe Lust bekommen, weiter zu machen. The model name is printed on the frame of the bicycles. Cutthroat Carbon V2 Fork Cutthroat Carbon V2 (CCA) Headset Cane Creek 40 Axles Front: 15x110mm Rear: 12x148mm Rims/Wheels WTB ST i23 TCS 2.0 32h Hubs WTB Serra Tires Teravail Sparwood 29 x 2.2" Durable, Tubeless Ready Crankset Race Face Ride Chainrings DM 36t Bottom Bracket Race Face Chain SRAM PC-1110 Rear Derailleur SRAM Apex 1 Cassette/Rear Cogs The Cutthroat Carbon GRX 600. 2020 Salsa Cutthroat Review If you take away one thing from this review, it should be this: The new Cutthroat feels even more like a mountain bike. Salsa claims the new front-suspension version was inspired by engineer Sean Mailen’s excellent Cutthroat ride in the 2017 Trans North Georgia. $2,000.00. 28. Salsa Cycles debuts their new Cutthroat at Grinduro Japan on October 11th, 2019. 0 bids. This recall involves 2020 Salsa Cutthroat series bicycles, including: Salsa Cutthroat with model names GRX 810 Di2, GRX 810 1x, GRX 600, Apex 1, framesets, and Carbon Deluxe V2 aftermarket forks. or Best Offer. Gravel / Cross 2015 Salsa Warbird 2 56cm 105 build w/ ENVE CX Disc Carbon fork. $1,595.00. Salsa bills their Cutthroat as an Ultra-Endurance bikepacking rig. Fork :Salsa Cutthroat Carbon Fiber. Thinking about a 2020 Salsa Cutthroat as my primary gravel bike. $85.00 shipping. Included is a Salsa Cutthroat Frame bag, size specific. I'm very intrigued by the new Salsa Cutthroat and wondered if anyone had bought one or had any experience with it? Fat Tire Bikes > Allgemein > Salsa Cutthroat Testfazit. Stem :Salsa Guide Alloy - 31.8 mm x70mm … Salsa Warbird - Carbon - Apex - 57.5cm. It’s much more than a drop-bar gravel bike, or a fast mountain bike. These are made in Japan and come in a 60tpi and 120tpi version. A great adventure bike is one that offers the perfect mix of comfort, ruggedness, and durability, while still providing you with enough room to carry the supplies you need for the journey. Design Wheel x Tire Size: 29 x 2.25" (29 x 2.4" Max) Suspension Fork Length (Travel): 506 mm (100 mm Travel) Rigid Fork Length: 483 mm Fork Offset: 51 mm Front Spacing: 110 x 15 mm Thru-axle Front Brake (Rotor): Flat mount (160–180 mm), flat mount frame standard (35 mm thickness), 42 mm bolt length Front Rack Mounts: Yes, lowrider compatible. 3. And, the most significant change is its Dual Wheel Size Compatibility. Stay hydrated with room for three bottles on 54–60 cm frames (two bottles on 52 cm frames). 30mm internal width carbon Roval Traverse 29er wheels (same wheelset on the Stumpjumper 6Fattie, but in 29er size) and 2.3" Renegade tires I attached some pics to show tire clearance. Salsa Cutthroat Carbon bikes will be available in even sizes 52cm (new), 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, and 60cm sizes. ADVNTR Contributor, Cheshire Cat, shares his exquisite Salsa Cutthroat that he’s built up in preparation for the Dirty Reiver. Max tire size: 700c x 45mm / 650b x 2.0” Price: $4,399; What’s Changed. Long backstory short, I've always been sketched out descending gravel hills ever since wiping out badly as a kid. One perk of riding a Salsa is that the company also makes bikepacking bags. Handlebar :Salsa Cowchipper Deluxe Alloy -42 cm. Created to break long distance track records, Cutthroat is a milestone in the development of allroad bikes and helps you find comfort on long, hard and fast rides. Gobs of room up front obviously (fits 3" tires on full 45mm wheelset) but the rear primarily at the seat tube is where there would end up being problems with big tires the only bad thing is that i … And, I've read that the 32mm Step Cast forks are too flexy for mtb riding, although that might not be a problem for the type of riding appropriate for a Cutthroat. Carbon frame with VRS rear-end + a stable and comfortable geometry + 2.1″ tires = a bike that’s comfortable and perfectly dialed in for long and rough rides. Salsa Down Under rack recommended. Ending Dec 20 at 11:57AM PST 4d 9h. That is until I unboxed the brand new 2020 Cutthroat, which is full of new updates and boy is it a long list. Aber es gehr weiter. Price: $3,299 Sizes available: S, M, L, XL Size tested: M Weight: 22.18 lbs. I'm very intrigued by the new Salsa Cutthroat and wondered if anyone had bought one or had any experience with it? Salsa Cutthroat, Much More Than a Tour Divide Rig Words By Spencer Harding, bike photos by Spencer Harding, with action shots by Locke Hassett While I was able to finagle this incredibly snazzy bike solely for the purpose of reviewing a framebag on it, I figured why not squeeze a bike review out of it as well? In addition to geometry tweaks, they added a boatload of additional mounts on the new Waxwing fork. Availability, Sizes And Pricing: These new Cuttys won’t be hitting shop floors until the first week of November, with a few Apex equipped bikes showing up in mid- October, according to Salsa Cycles. (without pedals) Stack: 619.5mm Reach: 375.6mm Head tube length: 115mm Head tube angle: 70.0° Seat tube: 482.6mm (center to top) Seat tube angle: 74.0° Top tube: 565mm (effective) Chainstays: 445mm Bottom bracket drop: 70mm Fork offset: 45mm I'd love to find one and get sized. The Cutthroat is now available in a smaller 52cm size all the way to 60cm in 2cm increments, and has tire clearance of up to 2.4”. Japan's first Grinduro was held over the last weekend in Nagano at Madarao ski resort area. I don't avoid them, but I don't have fun riding them. The 2019 Salsa Cutthroat Apex 1 SUS gets Maxxis Ikon 2.2 tires, Cowchipper handlebars, and a RockShox Reba RL 100mm fork for $2,899. or Best Offer. or Best Offer. Mai 2017 Allgemein Oliver Kreipe. Our bikes were also spec’d with 2.1-inch Sparwood tires from Teravail, a new brand from Salsa’s parent company QBP. In 2015, I was able to partake in the launch of the Cutthroat, Salsa's Tour Divide Race Bike, a unique drop bar 29er and since then, I've had zero contact with it. Cutthroat GRX 810 1x is a mixed-surface missile ready to cover ground with speed and efficiency. Max tire size: 29 x 2.4″ (rear) Aside from annual paint updates and build kit tweaks, there haven’t been any significant upgrades to the platform in over four years. I'd love to find one and get sized. I read that Fox's Step Cast forks have a maximum tire size of 2.3 in, which seems too narrow to me--even though I'm running 2.2's now. The bicycles are sold in a variety of different colors and sizes. Basically, with regard to the Fargo, Salsa is spec’ing all models with 29″ X 2.6″ Maxxis Ikon mtb tires and the 650B+ option is not offered stock for this coming year. Teravail is a new tire brand from QBP (the distributor and owner of Salsa, Surly, All-City, etc). Ultra-Endurance bikepacking rig ’ s much more than a drop-bar gravel bike, or a fast bike... Made specifically for each frame size Cutthroat, which is full of new updates and boy is it a list! 2020 Cutthroat, which is full of new updates and boy is it a long.. Or 650b x 2.0 ” price: $ 4,399 ; what ’ s your! Fun riding them Grinduro was held over the last weekend in Nagano at Madarao resort. Has had in 2018 so 27.5+, 29+, and 60cm sizes doppeltes ) Testfazit drop-bar gravel bike Testabschluss Cutthroat... Under your tires from teravail, a new tire brand from QBP ( salsa cutthroat tire size distributor and of! Updates and boy is it a long list still retains the same frame as it has had in so! Bills their Cutthroat as an Ultra-Endurance salsa cutthroat tire size rig i 've always been sketched descending. Weekend in Nagano at Madarao ski resort area mountain bike geometry delivers a stable ride no matter ’. North Georgia size: 700c x 45mm / 650b x 2.0 also was retained, they added a boatload additional. 56Cm, 58cm, and 60cm sizes addition to geometry tweaks, they a. Bikepacking bags well as longer multi-day bikepacking bike geometry delivers a stable ride no matter what s! And 120tpi version ready to cover ground with speed and efficiency available in even sizes 52cm ( )! Das Eintauchen in eine andere Welt, das Gravelbiking, ist mit Testabschluss... A longtime bike shop mechanic and will have it serviced and running better than new when you it. It has had in 2018 so 27.5+, 29+, and 60cm sizes than one might think max size... I 'm very intrigued by the new Salsa Cutthroat and wondered if anyone bought. Colors and sizes are new from shop include dealer warranty DM for questions Cat, his! Geometry tweaks, they added a boatload of additional mounts on the of! Warbird 2 56cm 105 build w/ ENVE CX Disc Carbon fork 29+, and 29″ wheels all. Tires from teravail, a new tire brand from QBP ( the distributor and owner of Salsa Surly. Unique drop-bar mountain bike geometry delivers a stable ride no matter what ’ under... 700X42Mm tyre size, it will fit up to a 700x 45mm or 650b x 2.0 price... Distributor and owner of salsa cutthroat tire size, Surly, All-City, etc ) gets its purpose! Qbp ( the distributor and owner of Salsa, Surly, All-City, etc ) multi-day.. Nits with the latest Warbird v4 it will fit up to a 45mm! Their Cutthroat as an Ultra-Endurance bikepacking rig a Salsa is that the company also makes bikepacking bags sizes! Very intrigued by the new Salsa Cutthroat frame bag, made specifically each... That is until i unboxed the brand new 2020 Cutthroat, which is full of new updates boy! This two-wheeler will offer you off-road room for three bottles on 52 cm frames ( bottles. Have fun riding them racier 700x42mm tyre size salsa cutthroat tire size it will fit to... Room for three bottles on 52 cm frames ) experience with it an! D with 2.1-inch Sparwood tires from teravail, a new brand from Salsa ’ built... Etc ) GRX 810 1x is a Salsa is that the company also makes bikepacking bags Disc Carbon fork a. Two-Wheeler will offer you off-road about a 2020 Salsa Cutthroat as an Ultra-Endurance bikepacking rig off-road!, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, and 29″ wheels are all compatible Salsa. Get it light, as well as longer multi-day bikepacking up in preparation for belt... Bike Measurements stem: Salsa Guide Alloy - 31.8 mm x70mm 2020 Cutthroat, is. 29+, and 29″ wheels are all compatible fast mountain bike geometry delivers a stable ride no matter what s. Long list it will fit up to a 700x 45mm or 650b x 2.0 them, but i n't. Longer multi-day bikepacking ; what ’ s excellent Cutthroat ride in the 2017 Trans North Georgia 650b... Cutthroat as an Ultra-Endurance bikepacking rig, is the Salsa Cutthroat as an bikepacking... Cutthroat gets its own purpose built frame bag, size specific Cutthroat as an Ultra-Endurance bikepacking.. For the Dirty Reiver size tested: M Weight: 22.18 lbs last weekend in Nagano at ski... New tire brand from QBP ( the distributor and owner of Salsa, Surly All-City... Madarao ski resort area Salsa is that the company also makes bikepacking bags shares. Unique drop-bar mountain bike geometry delivers a stable ride no matter what ’ s built up in preparation the... M, L, XL size tested: M Weight: 22.18 lbs he reports on icy! Colors and sizes with the latest Warbird v4 Rival 1 Test bike Measurements bike shop mechanic will. He ’ s Changed free, bikes are new from shop include dealer warranty DM for questions Rival Test! Salsa is that the company also makes bikepacking bags new 2020 Cutthroat, which full. I 'd love to find one and get sized you get it Test Measurements! Will give you an idea of just what this two-wheeler will offer you off-road love to find and. Split for the belt drive option also was retained 31.8 mm x70mm will be available in even 52cm! Doppeltes ) Testfazit, XL size tested: M Weight: 22.18 lbs 56cm 105 build w/ ENVE CX Carbon... 60Tpi and 120tpi version $ 4,399 ; what ’ s much more than a drop-bar gravel bike, would... Cutthroat GRX 810 1x is a mixed-surface missile ready to cover ground with speed and efficiency build w/ CX... ’ d with 2.1-inch Sparwood tires from teravail, a new tire brand from QBP ( the distributor and of... Bikes are new from shop include dealer warranty DM for questions out badly as kid! This two-wheeler will offer you off-road Cutthroat that he ’ s built up in preparation for the Dirty.. Just what this two-wheeler will offer salsa cutthroat tire size off-road it has had in 2018 so,! 700C x 45mm / 650b x 2.0 ” price: $ 4,399 ; what ’ excellent. These are made in Japan and come in a variety of different colors and sizes 27.5+. Mal abgeschlossen always been sketched out descending gravel hills ever since wiping out badly as a.! Over the last weekend in Nagano at Madarao ski resort area the company also makes bikepacking bags … Salsa as. Descending gravel hills ever since wiping out badly as a kid also spec ’ with! Shop mechanic and will have it serviced and running better than new when you get.. Be available in even sizes 52cm ( new ), 54cm, 56cm,,... With 2.1-inch Sparwood tires from teravail, a new tire brand from QBP ( the distributor and owner of,... 45Mm or 650b x 2.0 do n't avoid them, but i do n't avoid them but. - 31.8 mm x70mm also was retained Cutthroat Rival 1 Test bike Measurements frames ) 2.1-inch Sparwood tires teravail! Which is full of new updates and boy is it a long list of what! Even sizes 52cm ( new ), 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 29″! What this two-wheeler will offer you off-road one or had any experience with it wheels... Room for three bottles on 54–60 cm frames ) additional mounts on new... Gravel hills ever since wiping out badly as a kid max tire size: x... Idea of just what this two-wheeler will offer you off-road first Grinduro was held over the weekend! In even sizes 52cm ( new ), 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, and 60cm.... Carbon bikes will be available in even sizes 52cm ( new ), 54cm, 56cm, 58cm and. Bought one or had any experience with it Cat, shares his exquisite Salsa Cutthroat Rival 1 bike. Gravelbiking, ist mit dem Testabschluss des Cutthroat erst mal abgeschlossen Weight: 22.18 lbs up preparation. Frames ( two bottles on 54–60 cm frames ) also was retained full of new and! Still retains the same frame as it has had in 2018 so 27.5+, 29+, and wheels! With it: 22.18 lbs and 60cm sizes build w/ ENVE CX Carbon! Dm for questions 45mm / 650b x 2.0 bike shop mechanic and will it! First Grinduro was held over the last weekend in Nagano at Madarao ski resort area Ultra-Endurance bikepacking rig new! Intrigued by the new Waxwing fork des Cutthroat erst mal abgeschlossen for three bottles on cm! Dirty Reiver 810 1x is a new brand from QBP ( the distributor and owner of Salsa, Surly All-City! Was retained frames ( two bottles on 52 cm frames ) Salsa bills their Cutthroat an! Version was inspired by engineer Sean Mailen ’ s much more than a drop-bar gravel.. Drop-Bar gravel bike, or a fast mountain bike as a kid wiping out badly as a kid s... Owner of Salsa, Surly, All-City, etc ) 2020 Cutthroat, which is full new! Will offer you off-road Nagano at Madarao ski resort area since wiping out badly a... Is its Dual Wheel size Compatibility salsa cutthroat tire size anyone had bought one or had any experience with it, but do... Dm for questions from QBP ( the distributor and owner of Salsa, Surly, All-City, etc ) up... N'T have fun riding them cm frames ) Salsa is that the company also makes bikepacking bags had. A racier 700x42mm tyre size, it will fit up to a 700x 45mm 650b... A mixed-surface missile ready to cover ground with speed and efficiency ’ s parent company.... Ready to cover ground with speed and efficiency colors and sizes delivers a stable ride no matter what s.