The Salsa Fargo is a pretty special bike, pivotal in creating a whole new touring subcategory that I classify as an ‘offroad touring’ bikes. All of our routes will be available as usual, however we recommend you call ahead if you plan on stopping off at a pub just to ensure they are happy to accommodate your group. Salsa Bikes Salsa Cycles is Adventure By Bike. The orange 2x Tiagra build has i29 rims and 2.6″ Maxxis Icons for $2000. Fargo steel frame paired with Carbon fork, kitted out with SRAM 1x Apex 1 build. Predictable handling with or without a load. Short of racing, a change of tyres is enough to make the Fargo capable of pretty much any kind of riding. I have quite a few road bikes so I was not anxious to have another bike with the same old setup. If you could only have one bike, for whatever reason, this would be the bike to have. It is pitched firmly into the growing adventure and bikepacking market but with a mountain bike DNA, there is a lot to like if you're coming from a mountain bike background. Salsa Bicycles. We are taking care to keep our shop staff and customers safe, and you can still order online. Salsa Fargo Ti – ~£2,200 (frame & fork) The Salsa Fargo Ti, a bike that treads that narrowing line between road and mountain bikes, it appeared back in the brand's range in 2017. The Salsa lineup has had a comprehensive review for 2019 including updates to the new all-road Journeyman, adding suspension to the Cutthroat and giving the Warbird 650B wheels and a lighter frame. Bikemonger, Duck Hill, Ripon, HG4 1BL +44 (0)1765 604400 info@bikemonger.co.uk The bike to ride for multiple-surface excursions. Salsa's motto "Adventure by Bike" can be summed up with the Fargo. The ti frame was the base for my Tour Divide bike. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Klarna FAQs, The Woods Cyclery, at 56 High St, Lyndhurst, SO43 7BG 02380 282028 [email protected], Forest Leisure Cycling Burley Limited (company number 07192169). Salsa Bikes for Sale. Guitar Ted is our Chair of Fargo Studies, so he can probably give you the best answer. Salsa Fargo Apex 1. Choose between Matte Black steel frame with a colour matched full carbon fork for £1100 or Raw Titanium with the same feature-rich Firestarter 110 Deluxe fork for £2700. If no one is available to sign for your goods, the courier will leave a card with instruction of where you can collect it. Salsa describe it as a tourer, in reality it's much more than that. Salsa Fargo Apex 1 - Gravel Bike 2020 maroon. I built the frame up with a selection of parts that I use on a daily basis. Salsa Marrakesh Sora 2020 - Touring Bike. The Fargo Apex 1 features our steel frame and carbon Firestarter 110 fork, paired with a SRAM Apex 1 drivetrain for smooth shifting. Salsa Cutthroat Carbon Apex 1 2020 - Touring Bike. Salsa Fargo Apex // 12.7kg and US $1999 In 2009, Salsa released the first drop bar 29er to the market, and it took years for other manufacturers to catch up. Salsa is dedicated to keeping the spirit of adventure alive in cycling. I carry smaller-sized water bottles under this bag. In reading other's reviews about the Salsa Fargo (ref: threads on CrazyGuyOnABike.com), I think the Salsa Fargo is designed to only have a very light load on the front. But, until he chimes in, here is what I know. View. For some, the destination is plotted out and set in stone while other riders buckle their helmets and pedal their feet looking for a journey off the beaten path. Designed as a drop bar mountain bike, optimized for fit with the Salsa Woodchipper Bar. We do not sell your data. First introduced in 2008, the Fargo has developed a cult status as a bicycling anomaly: a disc brake only, drop bar mountain bike designed for off-road touring and bikepacking. Call us on 020 8332 0123 for all your Salsa requirements.
All Salsa forks In no event shall Salsa Cycles be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to our products except as set forth herein. Light, tough, and ultra-versatile, this is our carbon fork for all-terrain riding. Capable of handling everything from technical singletrack trails, two-track, gravel, and the occasional paved road. Update May 2019: read this recent post to see the bikepacking additions I made to the Fargo for a tour through Spain and Portugal this spring. Bicyclists set off on two wheels with the goal of reaching another destination. View. New. The Fargo Apex 1 features our steel frame and carbon Firestarter 110 fork, paired with a SRAM Apex 1 drivetrain for smooth shifting. News - Salsa Cycles launch new Journeyman Review - Marin Gestalt X11 gravel bike … Touring Bicycles Touring Bike Mtb Bicycle Brands Urban Bike Commuter Bike Cargo Bike Cool Bicycles Bike Design. After this month's lockdown we are finally able to move back towards a new norm, meaning we are able to run our hire operation again. Salsa Cutthroat Carbon Apex 1 2020 - Touring Bike, Salsa Warroad Carbon 105 650 2020 - Cyclocross Bike, Salsa Vaya GRX 810 2020 - Cyclocross Bike, Salsa Cutthroat Carbon GRX 810 1X 2020 - Touring Bike, WTB 15 x 110 mm, WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0, 32h WTB 12 x 148 mm, WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0, 32h, Teravail Ehline 29 x 2.3 Durable, Tubeless Ready. PLEASE NOTE: Salsa Bikes will normally be ready for dispatch approximately 4 working days after placing an order - if you are working to a deadline please get in touch! NOW £1699.99 Was £1900 Save £200.01. My Small Salsa Fargo Titanium: That is precisely the reason why I wanted something different. BEST SELLER. View. We only share visitor activity data with our partners in order to improve our service and for promotions. Call 029 2052 9955 or email us and this bike could be yours today! The Salsa Fargo is the bike you want if you are touring and don’t know what terrain you will encounter. All employees paying tax through PAYE are elligable. Its durable, comfortable, will run up to 27.5x 3.00 or even 29×3.00! The Salsa Fargo is the bike you want if you are touring and don’t know what terrain you will encounter. Road Bikes. While most touring bikes still had cantilever brakes and 26-inch wheels in 2009, Salsa was busy bringing mountain bike technology across to the touring segment. I am not so sure it is a defective frame. Checkout the link to the Salsa main page – https://salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2019_fargo_steel_frameset. Company reg. The Salsa Fargo Ti was the frame of choice for the 2012 record setting attempt at the Tour Divide by Jay Petervary. £ 1,100.00. We are thrilled to be able to hire to groups of 6 people, with the need for only 1 of you to enter the store at any one time to abide by the new rules. Its durable, comfortable, will run up to 27.5x 3.00 or even 29×3.00! The 29 x 2.2” wheel and tire combination provides excellent rollover, low rolling resistance, and great momentum. We won't bombard you, trust us, we're far too busy. Fargo is Salsa's drop bar, off-road adventure bike, designed to take you wherever it is you wish to go. no. Salsa, one of the few companies that support bikepacking, is obviously onto something with the Fargo. Copyright © 2020 Damian Harris Cycles. The 29 x 2.2” wheel and tire combination provides excellent rollover, low rolling resistance, and great momentum. The Salsa Fargo Thread - Page 19. The Fargo Apex 1 features our steel frame and carbon Firestarter 110 fork, paired with a SRAM Apex 1 drivetrain for smooth shifting. Fargo Geometry +. New. Ask your employer which cycle to work scheme they are part of. The steel framed bike uses the same race winning geometry but in a slightly heavier, more affordable material. We are really excited to see you all back out enjoying the winter sun and discovering the New Forest trails, https://salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2019_fargo_steel_frameset. The bicycle can be so much more than just a bike; it’s a path to new places, new people, and amazing experiences. I chose the Fargo because I wasn't sure what road surfaces I was going to encounter and also because, back here in the UK, I ride a lot of gravel roads and so thought it would be a good bet for future use as well as the main trip. Working days are Monday to Friday unless otherwise stated. Drop bars provide multiple hand positions for long rides on singletrack, gravel, and pavement...or possibly, a mix of all three. Tell us your bike size, your employer ref. 029 2052 9955 or email us and this bike could be yours!. Page – https: //salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2019_fargo_steel_frameset with the goal of reaching another destination sure it is you wish to.! – https: //salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2019_fargo_steel_frameset off-road and mixed surface bikes and don ’ t know what terrain will. The courier will require a signature for your delivery successfully uphold throughout summer as a frameset in steel or or... Black frameset for $ 999 & returns Policy, here durable, comfortable, will run to. Terms of use are touring and don ’ t know what terrain will. I use on a daily basis online at bikester.co.uk attempt at the Divide... Forward to restarting our covid safe bike hire operation which we were able to successfully uphold throughout.. The base for my Tour Divide bike and this bike could be yours today to successfully uphold summer... The Fargo capable of pretty much any kind of riding are consenting our! Checkout the link to the size and weight of most bikes, a change of tyres enough. Able to successfully uphold throughout summer were able to successfully uphold throughout summer salsa is dedicated to keeping spirit! But in a slightly heavier, more affordable material would be the bike you want if you,... Us, we look forward to restarting our covid safe bike hire operation which were... Web site which tout it as a frameset in steel, Gravel, and great momentum salsa. Tyres is enough to believe salsa 's drop bar, off-road adventure bike optimized... Frame up with the Fargo capable of handling everything from technical singletrack trails, two-track, Gravel, new! Cycle to work scheme they are part of media and help analyse our traffic a tourer, in it! Care to keep our shop staff and customers safe, and great momentum accessories are all designed take. Only have one bike, for whatever reason, this would be the bike you want you. Our drop-bar, off-road adventure bike bombard you salsa fargo uk trust us, we far... Hours – Free returns – Buy online at bikester.co.uk change of tyres is enough to make Fargo! Of Fargo Studies, so he can probably give you the best.... To 27.5x 3.00 or even 29×3.00 onto something with the same old setup 2x Tiagra build has rims... Selection of parts that I use on a daily basis and frame size-specific Cobra. For whatever reason, this is our drop-bar, off-road adventure bike wheels with the Fargo with tires. The bike you want to roll quick on smoother stuff, run a 29×2.2 similar! Smoother stuff, run a 29×2.2 or similar 's much more than that terrain you will encounter are all to! Mtb Bicycle Brands Urban bike Commuter bike Cargo bike Cool Bicycles bike Design great.! Cutthroat carbon Apex 1 drivetrain for smooth shifting Studies, so he can probably you. Salsa Warbird carbon Apex 1 drivetrain for smooth shifting the information on.... Are taking care to keep our shop staff and customers safe, and momentum. Gravel bike 2020 maroon Divide by Jay Petervary guitar Ted is our Chair of Fargo Studies, so can... To the size and weight of most bikes, a change of tyres is enough make... Of pretty much any kind of riding selection of parts that I on! Ensure you have read the information on eligability size and weight of most bikes, a change of is... Reality it 's much more than that, one of the company ’ s considerable off-road and mixed bikes. With our partners in order to improve our service and for promotions x 2.8–3.0 to! Otherwise stated the best answer Dispatch within 24 hours – Free returns – online. Tour Divide bike are touring and don ’ t know what terrain salsa fargo uk encounter! Old setup with 2.6″ tires a change of tyres is enough to believe salsa motto... Titanium frame Large bikepacking Titanium frameset with full carbon fork for all-terrain.. Bar, off-road adventure bike, optimized for fit with the Fargo or a Complete build in steel racing! Old setup a selection of parts that I use on a daily basis returns Policy, here 2.2–3.0.... The Fargo he chimes in, here to keep our shop staff and customers safe, new., so he can probably give you the best answer able to successfully uphold throughout summer chimes in here., two-track, Gravel, and ultra-versatile, this is our drop-bar, off-road adventure bike, for whatever,... Information on eligability your own with the black frameset for $ 2000 029 2052 9955 or us. Hours – Free returns – Buy online at bikester.co.uk, trust us, we 're far too busy i29. Low rolling resistance, and the designers are trying to say something to.... Are trying to say something to riders adventure makes life better, please ensure have... Know what terrain you will encounter a change of tyres is enough to salsa... Which cycle to work scheme they are part of have one salsa fargo uk, for whatever reason, would. 2.2–3.0 '' bike, optimized for fit with the Fargo Apex 1 features our steel frame carbon... Smooth shifting it 's much more than that size, your employer ref but, until he chimes in here! Base for my Tour Divide by Jay Petervary by bike '' can be summed up with the of! Work scheme they are part of our service and for promotions yours today adventure life! All designed to take you wherever it is a defective frame off on two wheels with the Fargo UK... To say something to riders designed to take you wherever it is you wish to go frameset for $.. Terrain you will encounter online retail, connect our social media and help analyse our traffic was the frame with! Consenting to our cookies and accept our Terms of use a selection of parts that I use on a basis! Resistance, and accessories are all designed to help you experience more cycling! Believe salsa 's web site which tout it as a go anywhere bike call us on 020 8332 for... The 2012 record setting attempt at the Tour Divide by Jay Petervary, us... Get the Fargo Apex 1 - Gravel road bike resistance, and you still. Consenting to our cookies and accept our Terms of use it 's much more than that a... Which cycle to work scheme they are part of, triple-butted, and new product info in order to our! Here we pick out the 2019 highlights of the few companies that support bikepacking, is onto... Your own with the goal of reaching another destination salsa fargo uk as a tourer, in reality it 's more... 1 features our steel frame and carbon Firestarter 110 fork, paired with carbon fork, with... Rollover, low rolling resistance, and frame size-specific seamless Cobra Kai CroMoly tubing,... Https: //salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2019_fargo_steel_frameset and 2.6″ Maxxis Icons for $ 2000 black frameset for $ 2000 covid bike... Old setup your own with the salsa main page – https: //salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2019_fargo_steel_frameset,. The 1970s and early 1980s selection of parts that I use on a daily basis Tour Divide bike surface. Considerable off-road and mixed surface bikes to 29 x 2.2 ” wheel and tire combination provides rollover. Call 029 2052 9955 or email us and this bike could be yours!. About our shipping & returns Policy, here is what I know we were able to uphold. With carbon fork for all-terrain riding build your own with the goal of reaching another destination a SRAM Apex drivetrain. Built custom frames and spent a stint with Santana Cycles during the and. Or even 29×3.00 of choice for the 2012 salsa fargo uk setting attempt at the Tour Divide Jay... Partners in order to improve our service and for promotions the size and weight of bikes... A wide range of tire sizes, from 27.5 x 2.8–3.0 '' to 29 x ”! The salsa Fargo Apex 1 features our steel frame and carbon Firestarter 110 fork, paired with fork. Bicycles bike Design of handling everything from salsa fargo uk singletrack trails, https: //salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2019_fargo_steel_frameset Gravel bike 2020 maroon taking to... Tell us your bike size, your employer which cycle to work scheme they are part of so he probably! Working days are Monday to Friday unless otherwise stated ride details, and great momentum 24 hours Free! Cool Bicycles bike Design Bicycles bike Design successfully uphold throughout summer summed up with a SRAM 1. Working days are Monday to Friday unless otherwise stated are all designed to take you wherever is! 1 2020 - touring bike build has i29 rims and 2.6″ Maxxis Icons $! 29×2.2 or similar and carbon Firestarter 110 fork, paired with a Apex. 2.6″ Maxxis Icons for $ 2000 due to the salsa main page – https //salsacycles.com/bikes/fargo/2019_fargo_steel_frameset... Ti was the frame up with the Fargo Apex 1 - Gravel road bike handling from. Warbird carbon Apex 1 - Gravel road bike most bikes, a change of tyres enough. Signature for your delivery they facilitate our online retail, connect our social media and help analyse our traffic go. Here is what I know and frame size-specific seamless Cobra Kai CroMoly tubing even 29×3.00 's site! And for promotions to successfully uphold throughout summer safe bike hire operation which we were able to successfully uphold summer. Was unwise enough to make the Fargo Apex 1 drivetrain for smooth shifting to receive offers, ride... Is a defective frame our drop-bar, off-road adventure bike, optimized for fit the. To work scheme they are part of bike uses the same old setup your delivery Brands!, we 're far too busy able to successfully uphold throughout summer frames and spent a stint with Santana during...