Rumors of recently unearthed unseen footage from TOS? I noticed they have been showing the port side of Enterprise a lot, a shot we would never see on the show since the model’s port side was unfinished and had wires hanging out of it. Fantastic job by the guys at CBS Digital! TrekMovie.com is not endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with CBS Studios Inc., Paramount Pictures Corp or the “Star Trek” franchise. I know I wouldn’t mind… of course I know that CBS would pay for that kind of extensive treatment either. For me, the only review of DDM-R I needed was the one given to me third-hand, from my little sister’s eigth grade friend. (The bonus clip ends. I think there is a difference in what CBS-D is doing and what Lucas did. during the battles, the episode playback shrinks temporarily 10 years ago, the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek was fast approaching. The Star Trek: The Original Series episode The Doomsday Machine" aired on October 20, 1967, or 52 years ago today. ), [Bonus Clip #4] The rationale, according to CBS: "...The comparison between the original and the remastered version provides two totally different looks, with styles defined more by the contemporary technology. The CGI often looked shoddy and fake compared to the best opticals from Classic Trek and even the new CGI model of the Enterprise pales in comparison to the original miniature. It is apparently a starship's disaster beacon, but Palmer is unable to make out any words aside from \"Constellation\". Proceeding to system L-374 (stardate 4202.3), the ship found three intact planets, and a fourth in the process of breaking up. Forums > Star Trek Series | 2151 - 2270 > Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series > Yet Another Doomsday Machine Thread Discussion in ' Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series ' started by Cap'n Claus , Oct 22, 2020 . Browse more videos. The remaster again is visually very impressive. Constellation , floating in space. Published at: Feb. 7, 2007, 10:33 p.m. CST by merrick, COBRA KAI Season 3 Trailer Strikes Hard! If you'll recall, this was a miles-long cylindrical robot craft with a wide-open mouth that could swallow a dozen Enterprises or more, and which fired an energy beam that could slice planets to pieces. Beyond simply moving the show into an HD screen format, every special effect shot in the series was replaced with computer generated ones. At the same time, the Enterprise also encounters heavy subspace interference, which prevents the crew from reporting their discoveries to Starfleet Command. Well, I just have to say, I saw the episode a little while ago and I loved it. CBS Home Entertainment (through their distributor Paramount Home Entertainment) brings 'Star Trek: The Original Series – … In the end who knows what the future holds for Trek. Lost footage would make for one hell of an extra feature on the upcoming DVD’s. How much more mid-guided and wrong can a review possibly be? Here’s a suggestion on how CBS-D could seamlessly incorporate extended CGI material as optional extra content on the DVDs. For the most part, CBS Digital does a nice job with some of the showier moments including Decker’s attempt to destroy the Doomsday Machine with a shuttlecraft as well as the Enterprise caught in the maw’s tractor beam as well as the wrecked Constellation being held in tow by the Enterprise. It was as though it was too big to fit on the screen. Since “Errand of Mercy” was mentioned, I’ll use it as an example. The strafing shot as the Enterprise passes over the DDM worked so much much better than the original scenes. Like your review, I do not agree with all of it, but well done and glad to have you contributing :). There are some notable weak spots, particularly the Enterprise strafing the titular weapon with the animated phaser effects bouncing off its impenetrable neutronium surface. [“Errand of Mercy” Bonus Clip #1] I still have the poor devil but it is now only held together with 35 year old masking tape. And she came to school and told my sister that it was, quote, “AWESOME!” I understand that she’ll be watching again next week. Absolutely. The over the nacelle shot is right from the series, so Mark’s attack on the cgi guys is unfounded. If TOS was made in present time, then I would much prefer the remastered version because the original visual effects pale in comparison, TOS was made in the sixties and I think the original should be honoured for what it achieved at the time it was produced. To celebrate the occasion, StarTrek.com is pleased to share some facts, figures and anecdotes about "The Doomsday Machine." But then, that’s a story (and a trek) for another day. Totally disagree there. All in all I give this remastered episode a 10+ out of 10. What silly things to say – the original opticals were better. …so-so review. Can’t wait for “Tomorrow is Yesterday,” with the Enterprise chased as a UFO by the air force. If Lucas wants to destroy Star Wars, let him he produced them. I really felt the tension as the Constellation enters the maw and Scotty’s in the Jeffries tube, and Kirk’s sweating over whether he’ll be beamed out in time–even though I know how it all ends. I don’t have time for a full rundown, but, in brief, the Star Wars ranting, trotting out Franz Joseph (again! It madde my imagination go bonkers. This strong (IMO STRONGEST) original Star Trek episode has terrific scenes between Kirk, Decker, & Spock, plus Kirk & Scotty. 123 comments so far. Lucas is the original artist working to complete HIS vision of HIS work. I also agree that it would be fabulous to have a best of both worlds approach to use models and CGI but alas this is just oo expensive for the constraints of what CBS digital must work in. Though Roddenberry was the principle creative force for many years, Trek is a corporate artistic entity. Really, this is the most exciting thing to happen to TOS in along and there are sure to be all sorts of opinions. However, I have always loved Mark’s writing and I admire his take on all things geek whether I agree or not. He lost me with his insistence on wanking around with the Lucas bashing and his anal fan crap about how horrible it was that they didn’t change the “R” in “James R. Kirk”. The whole Lucase special edition thing is getting so damn tiresome. There is no “collective ownership” of the Star Wars films. We actually got to see the spacecraft interacting. I do agree that I cannot wait for Ultimate Computer, Errand of Mercy and Tholian Web. When the remastered version first came out, the editors thought the enhanced special effects were the story. Some of the DDM shots are right out of the original as well. The only “sacrilege” is when people like Altman start dictating to artists what they can and cannot do to their work. | February 12, 2007 | As for “Looking to the future”, I think a potentially HUGE episode for CBS-D is “Assignment Earth”. Unlike the review, I liked how the Doomsday machine turned out just fine. Captain James T. Kirk -- along with half- human/half-Vulcan science officer Spock, ship Dr. "Bones" McCoy, Ensign Pavel Chekov, communications officer Lt. Nyota Uhura, helmsman Lt. Hikaru Sulu and chief engineer Lt. Cmdr. It's a classic, of course, one that gave us Commodore Matt Decker and that bizarre horn thing known as the Planet Killer. Since when is offering a fair and even-handed critique considered an “attack” on the artists at CBS Digital? My point is that if that’s what Lucas wants to do, it’s his choice and he’s morally and legally entitled to it. I think of them much like modern car models, later editions of the same car have improvements in design learned from previous years’ models. The Doomsday Machine. and no breaks in the ongoing playback of the episode). S1 E1 Sep 08, 1966 . It’s Lucas’ story and his to tell as he pleases — even if that means he wants audiences to think Greedo shot first. The live action looks great as usual. 2 More Shots From "The Doomsday Machine" on STAR TREK Remastered This Weekend!! Star Trek The Original Series. 54:40. The World Crime League” or “Free Enterprise 2”, whichever comes first. At appropriate moments Then the bonus clip begins: Episode playback shrinks With due respects to Mr. Altman, I prefer Jeff Bond’s review style in which he just reviews the subject matter without the soapbox banter. This "The Doomsday Machine" (TDM) remastered episode has also been RESTORED to the ORIGINAL SCRIPT! Teaser Trailer. In fact, one of the real missteps here is the fact we rarely see the Doomsday Machine in whole, but rather only glimpse pieces of it so we never really get a sense of the machine’s true scale until the end. Buy season. I completely disagree there, at least insofar as the assertion that it doesn’t enhance the drama. may be too difficult to do convincingly). We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Star Trek - 2x06 - The Doomsday Machine. Star Trek. while in orbit. Mercy. I also want to add to the reviewer’s comments about what a well told story this episode is: while watching I was struck by how Doomsday Macine has a pitch perfect climax that still holds up. So what can I expect to float my Constellation-class boat in the future? Although I do love the original effects, amt wiggling nacelles and all, I am happy with the facelift they gave Doomsday. As the ship entered the system, they discovered the fourth planet in the system was collapsing. ), [Bonus Clip #2] Sheesh. Report. if you want to read some of the best reviews ever!!! A Remasterpiece? The answer: because George Lucas, for all intents and purposes, is supplanting the original Oscar nominated versions of Star Wars (which resides in the Library of Congress among other places) for all time and, frankly, making them worse. Episode playback shrinks to the small corner window, "The Doomsday Machine" was the 35th episode of Star Trek: The Original Series, the 6th episode of the show's second season, first aired on 20 October 1967. battle in ‘Errand of Mercy’, however it would be a pleasing If they had stuff that should have been changed would have. The complete and total cheesiness of it is the only thing that makes it watchable. And most of all, “The Ultimate Computer.” If they lift the rest of the fleet from Franz Joseph’s Technical Manual instead of simply duplicating the Enterprise, all will be forgiven, and I, for one, will be positively giddy (and, I’m sure a few of you will be as well). This girl, who, like so many among the young, found TOS’s stock SFX so cheesy as to make the show utterly unwatchable, randomly caught DDM-R over the weekend. I know that’s how a lot of people feel and it’s the same point Altman is making here — Lucas’ “sacrilege” is his desire to replace the earlier versions entirely and view the original cuts as earlier drafts. The Doomsday Machine is a planet-killing machine and a titular major antagonist in the original Star Trek series episode "The Doomsday Machine" - the episode centers around the epic struggle between the crew of the Kirk-era Star Trek franchise and the Doomsday Machine, with the Federation ship doing its best to either destroy or disable the much more powerful … I’m looking forward to, although don’t expect to see the of torpedoes impacting the underside of the Enterprise. It helps to be objective in a review if someone has an actual passing tolerance for the material, not outright jaded cynicism. CBS knew they needed to do something to be sure the “one that started it all”, The Original … Nothing drastic, but a few noticable differences would be cool. I believe CBS Digital effectively enhanced both the visual and emotional aspects of this fine episode, easily one of Trek’s best. I’d like to see other fixes as well (I’ve always said, it’s not what they’re doing, it’s what they’re not doing) but I don’t think I’d use the word “unforgivable.”. Yet Altman still can’t seem to forgive Lucas for not consulting him on the best way to handle his franchise. Star Trek The Original Series Season 2 Episode 6 The Doomsday Machine. Ever since i saw the Deep Space 9 episode with the Greg Jein model of the big E- I was always hoping Paramount would do a remaster with real models and computer assist. I think the impulse engines of the Constellation were lit perfectly. That bonus clip could be further extended to show the “eight” And yeah, let’s get the story on any lost effects footage from the original series. It’s more of a collaboration between a lot of people all working for hire by the studio. At least the original SW movies are out now on DVD. And how about those home movies that were shot on set? I… Wow. First up, let’s address why it’s sacrilege to screw with the original Star Wars Films (ok, really SW and ESB, I never really cared what they did with Jedi – although putting a new song in Jabba’s court was not really a step in the right direction) and not Star Trek. It was so cool to see mention of what I consider the Trek Bible – Stephen Whitfield’s, Making of Star Trek and the front cover photo. Ultimately, do the new special effects enhance the drama of the episode and make it anymore special? Sulu: “… We got him.” The was, it seemed to me, some depth to them like in TMP. You know, the whole so bad and cheesy its good thing. Review: “The Doomsday Machine” Remastered – TrekMovie.com 2 years ago | 687 views. (We watch the E leaving orbit and warping away, Doomsday Machine Sent to investigate the destruction of several planetary systems, the U.S.S. Star Trek The Original Series S02E06 The Doomsday Machine. Altman, along with Free Enterprise director Robert Burnett and others discuss the remastered Star Trek on their podcast available at geekmonthly.com, Awards, DS9, ENT, Star Trek (2009 film), Star Trek Beyond, Star Trek Into Darkness, TNG, TOS, VOY, Conventions/Events/Attractions, Music, Star Trek (2009 film), Star Trek Beyond. I think I’d cry tears of joy if I saw one of the Starfleet Tech Manual ships in TOS-R but I’m not holding my breath. I really respect Mark Altman, generally, but I don’t read authorship of articles until I’m done for a reason: it lets me form an unbiased opinion. I guess I just want to see what the rest of the 23rd “Kirk/Spock glory days” universe looks like. Thus is a new fan born. Are there moments that are totally cool? Shouldn’t you be commenting on the article and not making smart comments about a poster? Pretty Cool!! The bonus material fills the rest of the screen with a Wrong. I will gladly accept the Remastered version of this episode over the original. And for all the original opticals over reliance on stock shots, there’s one angle CBS Digital has revisited time and time again which I can’t stand which is an angle from behind the warp nacelles, overlooking the primary hull. the Klingon fleet approaching the planet and firing on the E.) screen, with a view of the two fleets facing each other.) It is too long-winded by half (yes, I know, that’s hypocritical coming from the guy who wrote the four-and-a-half page analysis of Alias and Star Trek XI for TrekMovie.com a few months back), and, in general, the worst review I have seen on TMR to date. This site is © 1996-2020 Ain't It Cool News. We are rolling out the canon again. I for one am glad someone finnally mentioned all the crap the original series takes on it’s special effects. Mark makes reference to unearthed unseen footage. (Audio remains unchanged.). I would have definitely preferred to see more scenes where the camera wasn’t so tight on the Enterprise rendering the size of the planet killer less imposing. I could not disagree more with a review. Many of the elements that have been labeled as cheesy such as the Styrofoam rocks and cardboard sets haven’t changed (nor will Jimmy Doohan fainting in “Spock’s Brain” as a distraction). His books include Trek Navigator and the Captains Logs’ series for Little Brown & Company and he has written numerous Star Trek comics for DC and Malibu Comics. It was a much more modern composition, reminding me a little of shots from the new Battlestar Galactica, but it worked perfectly. Yeah, it’d require some changing of the music cues.”. How is that any different than what there doing now with Trek? Maybe then you’ll give them a little more credit. So, where’s FREE ENTERPRISE 2? Orbiting the fourth planet was the planet killer, firing a pure antiprotonbeam at the planet and consuming the planet's r… They should be applauded for preserving a piece of Star Trek lore / history. A Fantastic Reveiw! It looks like it was drawn in Crayola (much like my many sketches of it in the fourth grade during math class) and lacks the surface texture and sense of scale that the original miniature had. I’m so glad CBS Digital is becoming more lively with the composition of their FX. Rambling, incoherent, obsessed with the irrelevant (get over the STAR WARS alterations already, Mark–the films at best are pop art, not indelible masterpieces) and the trivial (James “R.” Kirk is not “unforgivable”–it’s a choice, and arguably a justifiable one). Enterprise discovers a crippled starship, the U.S.S. Then the bonus clip begins: Tell you what? I agree that some shots of the DDM actually seen firing on the Enterprise would have given more scale and made the DDM more frightening. great. When watching reruns of the original "Star Trek" series on the Sci Fi Channel this week, I came across the episode "The Doomsday Machine". When the remastered version first came out, the editors thought the enhanced special effects were the story. (We see the Klingon fleet forming up for the confrontation.) Just an example there are others to come I’m sure. Star Trek. The Man Trap . I’m gonna have to go w/ meh on the review. Star Trek: The Original Series (Remastered) $34.99. There were and are still fantastic, especially when you consider the time and the work required (models/optical printers time constraints). The unfortunate truth of the matter is, Mark is right–the new Doomsday Machine just doesn’t get the job done. 54:40. He gives an okay review. Not really.”. You don’t have to like that decision, but he’s entitled to say “this is the story I want to tell” and not have fans pick and choose which version they consider to be “real” or “right”. I haven’t seen this rumor yet. Introducing ships from the tech manual, is not a good idea. This "The Doomsday Machine" (TDM) remastered episode has also been RESTORED to the ORIGINAL SCRIPT! Such as the infamous Bridge off center argument (please let us not get started) once the CGI team presented the viewscreen, in The Menagerie, as facing forward – – is it not now “canon” once and for all? Commodore Matthew Decker is the only one left on the ship. Take a look at the ultimate weapon:"THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE"!!! I was thrilled with the Enterprise straffing sequences. That suspense was heightened by what I feel is the high water mark for CBS Digital with their amazing FX. in the following way. I, too, am looking forward to seeing what CBS Digital does with Stratos, especially the scene where the Troglyte pitches himself over the balcony and falls to his death. And how cool, cool, cool was the attack. And, of course, J.J. Abrams new Star Trek re-imagination. The papier mache and tinfoil version from 1967 was much more menacing and satisfying than the 2007 electronic version. when every control on our ship became too hot to handle.” If Roddenberry wanted to retain total control he could’ve made Trek on his own, not sold the rights and not cashed the checks. Why the whole Lucas took my childhood thing was introduced is beyond me. I won’t be expecting a Starfleet/Klingon battle in “Errand of Mercy”, however it would be a pleasing surprise if we saw a glimpse of both fleets, (comprising of various Starfleet and Klingon vessels) even if it were for a couple of seconds. By: Mark A. Altman They don’t belong to the fans and they certainly don’t belong to Mark Altman. (We see the remastered view of the E being attacked Oh, I think that if you’re able to shoot off your mouth in a vulgar manner about people you don’t know “shutting their pie hole,” you can just grin and bear a few “smart remarks” about your pomposity. There’s an interesting shot of the Enterprise strafing the Doomsday Machine with phaserfire which, like much of the ship’s recently rendered movement, is borderline Star Wars, but it works here in illustrating the futility of the Enterprise’s attack on the planet killer. There were many views of the both the starships going after the DDM, yielding some which showed the huge scale of the planet killer. The iconic series "Star Trek" follows the crew of the starship USS Enterprise as it completes its missions in space in the 23rd century. Other seasons. I think the review was a bit harsh but I cannot completely disagree with it. Klingon vessels coming into orbit — followed perhaps by 52:23. Episode view expands back to full screen. THAT’s the difference. Starfleet/Klingon battle … one thing they can’t do is I wish Altman could get that through his head. (Bonus clip begins; episode playback shrinks to the I actually had to get on a waiting list to get that book and when it finally arrived I read it cover to cover several times and used it for reference for years. I appreciate the review but overall find that I liked the remastered DDM a lot more than the reviewer did. As to the tombstone, again an unfair attack. The only episode that I think is a mistake to add new FX to is Spock’s Brain. Star Trek The Original Series Season 2 Episode 6 The Doomsday Machine. These Remastered episodes bring new life to an already classic series. Well, I’ll tell you what I’m most interested in — and it’ll probably surprise you: “The Cloud Minders,” for one. That said, let’s get to the real reason CBS has embarked on re-working the Trek visuals and to call it a dirty little secret, literally, would not be far from the truth. Now, I’m paraphrasing, but the fact is, when you put yourself in the public arena and take on a monumental task like this which is clearly going to inspire passions, both pro and con, you have to accept the reality that you will be both praised and damned. Ironically, some of their best work has been when they were inventive and moved away from slavish devotion and verisimilitude to the original episodes and stock shots. Since they were able to show Doomsday and Enterprise in the same shot the scale of the vessels reminds me a lot of Star Trek The Motion Picture. Some I agree with, some I don’t. For the time up until recently there were great. Kudos, Anthony!). Secondly, while I admittedly get a visceral kick out of watching the updated Trek episodes every week, I feel the original opticals have gotten unfairly maligned in the process. Replacing that stock NASA footage, including the launch, would be a huge accomplishment! Between a lot of people all working for hire by the studio mentioned I... “ sacrilege ” is when people like Altman start dictating to artists what can... Deforest Kelley, William Windom by merrick, COBRA KAI Season 3 “The Doomsday Machine” Remastered – TrekMovie.com Remastered... S points save the appearance of the two ships in battle. ) in this world of political agendism spin., please describe them V moon rocket into something that actually looks like d rather listen to ’. ” issues era version of this fine episode, easily one of the episode was written Norman... ” issues see that idea transferred to the Mark Altman whose informed, detailed covereage of all things I...: Mark A. Altman 123 comments so far original artist working to complete his of. Ddm drawfed the Enterprise 's sister ship, the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek the original effects were better the. An actual passing tolerance for the confrontation. ) am happy with the composition their... Learn to walk on water s helpless. ” ( the bonus clip ends outright jaded.. Huge episode for CBS-D is doing and what Lucas did. ” your comments effects, amt wiggling nacelles and,... One left on the ship other artists working for hire by the.... ) would be a HUGE accomplishment for that kind of extensive treatment either an HD screen format every... Crap the original rumored TOS footage being unearthed, intrigues me … directed by Marc Daniels and in... Only part of the episode was written by Norman Spinrad, directed by Marc Daniels t take the,! My childhood thing was introduced is beyond me take yourself fleeting shots find that I can do... With Stratos, the Enterprise to the Star Wars, let him he produced.! Finnally mentioned all the crap the original Series Season 2 when we I saw the was... Mark ’ s get the star trek doomsday machine original vs remastered the making of Star Trek: the original Series replaced... Be here episode last night, and darned if I wasn ’ t invested the and... … we got him. ” ( the bonus material fills the rest of the was...: '' the Doomsday Machine turned out just fine '' Constellation\ '' it. The brief shot of Torpedoes impacting the underside of the classic Series do the! Working to complete his vision of his ideas wouldn ’ t all the... This Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... View of the music cues am happy with the facelift they gave Doomsday s helpless. ” the... Glimpse of the classic Series we all love out any words aside from \ Constellation\. Things geek whether I agree that in the world aren ’ t or would rather not…who cares DDM. Was as though it was first broadcast on October 20, 1967 that stock NASA footage, including launch. See the TOS era version of Star Trek was fast approaching: '' the Doomsday.... Edge of my seat from the new “ Doomsday Machine was firing its anti-proton beam the U.S.S of! Yeah, let ’ s points save the appearance of the original as.... R & d or money necessary to get the job right this is the most exciting to... For him along the way, but not anymore: Doomsday has!... Seamlessly incorporate extended cgi material as optional extra content on the same things now, can we na have showcase! Completely disagree with Mark ’ s star trek doomsday machine original vs remastered effects enhance the drama of the original Series on. The new “ Doomsday Machine. really, this is all about the brief shot of impacting. Finished watching my favorite Star Trek in Sept of 1966 effects footage from the new special.... When is offering a fair and even-handed critique considered an “ attack ” on the same,... Just fine printers time constraints ) 1996-2020 Ai n't it cool News original as well was collapsing Free Enterprise na. People are saying dictating to artists what they can and can not completely there! The show into an HD screen format, every special effect shot in the system, they discovered fourth! The tombstone, again an unfair attack Lucas took my childhood thing was introduced is beyond.! Aside from \ '' Constellation\ '' here 's the Doomsday Machine, ” let ’ s interesting that CBS-D... Thought the enhanced special effects wrong I really enjoy this alternate version tremendously launch, would be a melding both... The planet for consumption time in R & d or money necessary to get the job right adrift space. Transferred to the Star Trek the original SW movies are out now on DVD held together 35! In orbit, a Remastered version obviously do look better, at insofar! Original as well treatment either Strikes Hard, StarTrek.com is pleased to share some facts, figures anecdotes. J.J. Abrams new Star Trek episodes as a result, CBS hasn ’ t all like the flickering the. Should have been altered after release decades before Lucas did it and artists for centuries have been revising earlier later! Enjoy episodes I haven ’ t mind… of course I know that has. Systems, the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek 3 by James Blish a mistake to add new FX is... S entitled to their opinion, now drink your drink! ” the Constellation were perfectly. Hire by the studio and the work required ( models/optical printers time constraints.. Port the original made it out to be here commenting on the artists at Digital! Its author stick with me and I admire his take on all things Trek I enjoyed much! Entitled to their work him. ” ( the bonus clip ends we all love and anecdotes about `` the Machine! Aside from \ '' Constellation\ '' are out now on DVD it.... Shots from `` the Doomsday Machine was firing its anti-proton beam drink! ” found the new effects! Music cues. ” 10:33 p.m. CST by merrick, COBRA KAI Season 3 kor: “ my fleet it... Damaged and adrift in space guys at CBS-D learn to walk on water the movie and love the magazine would! Is offering a fair and even-handed critique considered an “ attack ” on the review but find. The current graphics-obsessed generation 's Trey Tucker is more threatening than the 2007 version... I like the same things now, can we battle. ) Mark Altman m glad! Being 8 years old sitting down to watch a new show show Star Trek: the Series! Should remain available in the DVD extras menu, provide a ‘ special edition thing is getting so tiresome... Impulse engines of the day Mark Altman whose informed, detailed covereage of all things Trek enjoyed... Kai Season 3 Trailer Strikes Hard special editions ’ in the case of Trek ’ s writing and I it. The process in-depth ) apparently a starship 's disaster beacon, but what treat! To its author give this Remastered DDM is I wasn ’ t all like the same silly rant I... Is © 1996-2020 Ai n't it cool News any given time demonstrates the size of the Miranda class something... Little of shots from `` the Doomsday Machine. are right out of 10 use it an! To the CBS-D team for making Trek relevant to the Mark Altman gets done with his perpetual Lucas/anti-Star. Expands back to full screen. ) electronic version William Windom as ‘ special edition ’ of original... Shots are right out of the day Mark Altman gets done with his perpetual Lucas/anti-Star... High marks not because it was first broadcast on October 20, 1967 or... '' ( TDM ) Remastered episode a little of shots from the Series, so Mark ’ s Brain is... For him along the way, but well done and glad to have you contributing )... Add new FX to is Spock ’ s special effects were better view of the Constellation were perfectly! Necessary to get the job right DVD ’ s a suggestion on how could! Trek ' was and still is outstanding television the tech manual, is not endorsed, or. Tell you recreate star trek doomsday machine original vs remastered visual effects if they had stuff that should have been revising earlier works later life! Stratos is also one of Trek ’ s Brain those home movies that were shot set... Think that extended effects would be a HUGE accomplishment I saw the a... Destroy Star Wars films give you a call when the Remastered version first came out and recently... Graphics-Obsessed generation Lucas did it helps to be objective in a review on a Trek eposode, not jaded... The magazine with William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, William Windom William Shatner, Nimoy! I can not do to their work really is getting to enjoy episodes I haven ’ t you commenting... Anecdotes about `` the Doomsday Machine '' aired on October 20, 1967 the... Given time demonstrates the size of the original Series childhood thing was introduced is me! Season 2 episode 6 TV-PG CC HD CC SD the Saturn V moon rocket into something that looks! Artistic entity the visual effects if they had stuff that should have been after. Only held together with 35 year old masking tape not put enough money these. Guess I just have to agree with all of Mark ’ s get through the preliminaries first to! Mind… of course I know that CBS has not put enough money these... Can not completely disagree with Mark ’ s a suggestion on how CBS-D could seamlessly incorporate extended cgi as... Done and glad to have you contributing: ) an extra feature on the hand! Seen some other vessles in Orbiting space drydocks in “ Court Marshall. ” intrigues me a...