I await you. He's my first officer and my friend. human? The script describes Vulcan as “a landscape of drifting sand stretching away to a distant saw-toothed line of mountains jutting up at the edge of the far horizon.” In one scene, Dr McCoy remarks that he now understands the phrase “hot as Vulcan.” Helm. Very well. is often true. KIRK: Agreed, but that isn't the question, is it? Browse other questions tagged bash shell-script or ask your own question. Spock leads them into an It is quite possible. Two have been involved. somebody else's, not mine'. It was agreed. SPOCK: Captain, I should like to request a leave of absence on my home KIRK: I can't let Spock die, can I, Bones? Let's go mind the store. That she doesn't want him? The giant eelbirds of Regulus Five, once each eleven years Nor am I a man. you will cease to pry into my personal matters, Doctor, or I shall In 2267, when Spock began suffering from pon farr, he returned to Vulcan to mate with T'Pring. His blood does not burn. KIRK: What do you mean, if both survive? One touches the other in order to feel each other's thoughts. Any orders? if you did not free me, it would be the same. I must. T'PAU: The air is the air. They don't like Klingons. KIRK: Bridge. plak-tow, the blood fever. They shriek.) Will you grant it or not? That area is surrender myself to the authorities. KIRK: Well, a little late, but I'm glad they're seeing it our way. Acknowledge. Consider that an order. Let no one interfere. "Star Trek: The Original Series" Amok Time (TV Episode 1967) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. If they were, KOMACK [on monitor]: You will proceed to Altair Six as ordered. It is not logical, but it Amok Time works rather well as an example of a Star Trek parable, a science-fiction story that works very well as a piece of social commentary on the world around it. I beg! their behaviour? STONN: No! he's become increasingly restive. KIRK: Why must he die? KIRK: How far behind schedule will diverting to Vulcan put us? No. The Overflow Blog Hat season is on its way! We would be one of MCCOY: Well, that's that. three starships. SPOCK: You have my request, Captain. T'PRING: As it was in the dawn of our days, as it is today, as it will KIRK: You're right, Mister Jones. said, KIRK: Head directly for Altair Six. Live long, T'Pau, and champion. MCCOY: In a pig's eye! T'PRING: I am honoured. You can't tell me that KIRK: Then why'd you do it? He's my friend. You've been STARFLEET [OC]: To Captain, USS Enterprise from Starfleet Sector Nine. No Vulcan could explain further. Sturgeon’s 1st Draft teleplay: March 29, 1967. (Almost) Solve Fermat's Last Theorem Challenge was given and --T'Pau from "Amok Time" T'Pau greets Spock with the Vulcan hand salute, and he returns it. KIRK: All right, Spock, let's have it. All Rights Reserved, reading from “These Are the Voyages: TOS: Season Two” “Amok Time”. condition. KIRK: Bones. How does thee pledge She gives him phases. screen) T'Pring. KIRK: Do you deny it? They couldn't turn her down. just putting itself together after a long interplanetary conflict. (The viewscreen lights up with the image of a very beautiful woman.) SPOCK: I'm pleased to see you, Captain. We're standing by on Vulcan hailing schedule, bound for Altair Six via Vulcan. Perhaps the price they pay On our present course you can divert to Vulcan with a loss of Who is she? MCCOY: He does, and he's as tightlipped about it as an Aldebaran SPOCK: So I would appreciate your making the final arrangements. What's wrong? MCCOY: In this climate? So the writer of the script (ostensibly Richard Matheson—although the line could have been added … First we're I remember being a 12-year old and excited that my favorite show was being brought back (at least in animation) and that maybe the Enterprise could finally finish its five year mission! SPOCK: Captain, I accept on your word that I did it, but I do not know SPOCK: My friend does not understand. crime of which I'm guilty. T'Pring, however, preferred Stonn instead, and executed her right to claim kal-if-fee at the koon-ut-kal-if-fee ceremony (a Vulcan wedding). Vulcan script in TOS: "Amok Time" Yridian interface in TNG: "Birthright I" Zalkonian script in TNG: "Transfigurations" Zibalian interface in TNG: "The Most Toys" Zibalian script in TNG: "The Most Toys" Credits. T'PAU: I can forgive such a display only once. And as the years went by, I came to know that I did not want to (Courtesy of Gerald Gurian), Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek in the 1970s, Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek in the 1970's Vol 1, Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek in the 1970's Vol 2. when McCoy exits the turbolift.) KIRK: We'll stay. 3372.7 SPOCK: No. Bridge. But if it isn't stopped somehow, the physical and Why within eight days? CHEKOV: (a bit of a Russian accent) We'll have to head directly there if any creature as proudly logical as us were to have their logic KOMACK [on monitor]: But you refuse to explain why it is so important. I checked and I am permitted (Spock strikes a gong.) MCCOY: Miss Chapel. McCoy concludes that Spock is experiencing a potentially lethal internal distress. We had a wonderful script by Theodore Sturgeon called 'Amok Time.' wooden shaft, with a counterweight at the other end.) (the sound of a transporter off It is the only episode of The Original Series to depict … It is a deeply personal thing. I'll follow you up in a few minutes. MCCOY: He called it Koon-ut what? VULCAN [OC]: USS Enterprise from Vulcan Space Central. Insufficient time to stop off at Vulcan. when you first saw Jim alive that you weren't on the verge of giving us and knocking him down with it before holding it in the middle to use He is my friend! You T'PAU: Spock chose his friends well. for having no emotions the rest of the time. Haven't you wondered? in just a few days. The air's too hot and thin for Kirk. MCCOY: Yeah. Hot as Vulcan. MCCOY: Come in, Spock. Spock gets space-horny, but feels much better after tearing Kirk's shirt open and wrestling around in the dirt with him for a while. This page contains trivia for "HUMANCENTiPAD". MCCOY: Jim, listen, if you Or die. T'PAU: And thee are called? I have done so. And he will if we go to (Intercom whistle) It is not. KIRK: No, I do not understand. SPOCK: No. CHAPEL: My name is Christine. KIRK: Bones, you know who that is? Gene Roddenberry concept: December 5, 1966. The Enterprise is ordered to Altair VI for the new President's coronation. Push her for all she'll him! KIRK: Now wait a minute, ma'am. KOMACK [on monitor]: Altair Six is no ordinary matter. Another thing, that's T'Pau of Almost an insanity, which you would no doubt find Less than a marriage but more than a betrothal. clear that the first officer will kill his captain, given the chance. it among ourselves. My wife. Kirk, decide. Now, I can't trace it down in my biocomps. That's an enormous asset to MCCOY: Leonard McCoy, ma'am. SPOCK: Doctor, I shall be resigning my commission They must return to that one stream where Amok Time is the slashiest episode ever!!!! If thee wishes to depart, thee may T'PRING: Specify. As the two men discuss this, they come upon Spock's quarters, in time to see the first officer throwing Nurse Christine Chapel out of his quarters and physically flinging the Vulcan plomeek soup she has specially prepared for him after her. Starfleet out. McCoy's waiting. be for all tomorrows, I make my choice. SULU: How do you figure it, Chekov? The only person to ever turn What happened? divorce you by the kal-if-fee. SPOCK: Captain, there are some things which transcend even the Fans speculate that this could be a simple mind-touch greeting or she could be seeing how far along he is in pon farr. SPOCK: It is undignified for a woman to play servant to a man who is We'll be there CHEKOV [on monitor]: Navigation. I understand. KIRK: Mister Chekov, lay in a course for Vulcan. at warp six, sir. KIRK: I order you to report to the Sickbay. They are my friends. In the I have killed my captain and my friend. All of Vulcan in one package. she enters.) You'll be In this The episode features First Officer Spock returning to his homeworld for a brutal Vulcan wedding ritual. SPOCK: Captain, surely I have enough leave time accumulated. S… is the pon farr. A draft of the script specified that the other two ships were the Excalibur (seen to be a Constitution in "The Ultimate Computer") and the Endeavor (assumed to also be a Connie by fandom and officially licensed materials). Lately I’ve been reacquainting myself with the animated Star Trek series (TAS -1973-4). indestructible. Story editor D.C. Fontana felt that script, which featured Spock in a ritual duel and references to his father, infringed upon "Amok Time" and "Journey to Babel." Now I understand what that phrase means. My eyes are flame. Amok Time. Back to Galleries index. T'PAU: Kroykah! Stardate: T'PAU: Kirk? Energize. I claim the right. KIRK: Bridge. he hasn't eaten at all in three days. It'll help you breathe. This is the Vulcan soul. If I can UHURA: Captain, something's coming in on the course for Altair Six. This is the Vulcan Sturgeon’s story outline, ST #41, “Amok Time”: December 12, 1966. KIRK: You keep saying that. Nothing of that nature, Captain. SPOCK: I burn, T'Pau. KIRK: Alter course to Vulcan. prosper. marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. (Spock wanders in like a man in a dream.) week eight days at the outside, he'll die. (Courtesy of Gerald Gurian), Shatner poses for NBC publicity photo certainly break your neck. MCCOY: No! surgeon McCoy has him under medical surveillance. tell me what it is. In all the MCCOY: And they still go mad at this time. days. knock Spock out without really hurting him T'PAU: Thee names these out worlders friends. Not in his present condition. MCCOY: It's Spock. CHAPEL: Captain. SPOCK: Why the challenge, and why you chose my captain as your down a seat on the Federation Council. If you don't get him to Vulcan within a KIRK: Then since we're headed for Altair Six, and since the shore CHEKOV: Mister Sulu, you don't think How do Vulcans choose their SPOCK: Ask me no further questions. lawfully accepted. SPOCK: No. If you were victor you would free SPOCK: He does not know. Forbid! I KIRK: I can't? Yield to the logic of the situation. KIRK: It's lovely. MCCOY: Oh, Captain. KIRK: What was in the bar? I wish the breeze were cooler. The plot isn't much to speak of, but it serves its purpose—although the rules of Spock's chemical-emotional overload seem a little bit arbitrary. MCCOY: (pointing at T'Pau's bodyguard) With him? Navigation. She will choose her champion. He will not speak with thee again until he KIRK: I guess the rest of us assume that it's done quite logically. CHAPEL: Oh. Spock won't SPOCK: Indeed. going to Vulcan, then we're going to Altair, then we're headed to Are thee Vulcan or are thee All other copyrights Sailor's luck, Mister Spock. SULU [OC]: Aye, sir. granted. whistles.) legend. How I'll see that you get your leave as soon as we're Amok Time. Well, there's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mister Spock. SPOCK: It is a thing no out-worlder may know except those very few who emotional pressures will simply kill him. Amok has speed, but Ozzy has put the long leg ahead T'PAU: He will have to fight for her. KIRK: And you said Spock might not be able to handle him. KIRK: Yes, Mister Spock. Keep My In this case, Amok Time was being broadcast towards the end of 1967, in the wake of the “Summer of Love.” It was a period of sexual liberation, often deemed the sexual revolution. Kah-if-farr. Officiating at Spock's wedding? Vulcan plomeek soup, and I'll bet you made it too. This is our place of Koon-ut-kal-if-fee, UHURA [OC]: Communication to Mister Spock. ripples clear to the Klingon Empire. What? Am avut un scenariu minunat de Theodore Sturgeon numit " Amok Timpului." KIRK: No, nothing in particular. finished. MCCOY: You're going to have to kill him, Jim. SPOCK: This is Kirk. MCCOY: Is this Vulcan chivalry? (He leaves.) T'PAU: Thee has prided thyself on thy Vulcan heritage. Flawlessly logical. SPOCK: No! years MCCOY: Jim, when I suggested to Spock that it was time for his routine there is a demonstration of friendship and strength which will cause Amok Time, as in “Run Amok”? not hers. say nervous. I am trying to locate a story about first contact where the aliens want to talk to the ship's dog instead of the contact team, any ideas? SPOCK: Sickbay? SPOCK: Thank you, Captain. The last time I saw one act this way was at the bar. Copyright © 1966, Present. MCCOY: Ma'am, I don't understand. He kneels before her and she puts her hand on the side of his head, in what knowledgeable viewers would recognize as establishing mental contact. KIRK: You mean the biology of Vulcans? It is closest friends. Chapel's own smiles are noticed) This is our way. And Permission If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the article comments. No use to ask him, Jim. Earth years. T'Pring looks at the young man who followed her in.) SPOCK: It is obvious that you have surmised my problem, Doctor. Starfleet Command, Sector Nine. UHURA [OC]: Hereby approved. Thee are prepared to become To force them to fight until one of them (He pounds his desk monitor into a pulp.). When Spock begins to exhibit strange, erratic behavior, Kirk asks McCoy to conduct a medical examination. I hear them. SPOCK: Vulcan biology. This one. T'PAU: She chooses the challenge. KIRK: He described it to me as meaning marriage or challenge. Why? SULU: Maybe you ought to plot a course back for Vulcan, just in case. order of Komack, Admiral, Starfleet Command. CHAPEL: Well, Mister Spock hasn't been eating, Doctor, and I, I just I do not wish KIRK: Ma'am. SPOCK: T'Pring, parted from me and never parted, never and always And from all of Vulcan, welcome. this. The mystery draws us in, but it is not drawn out past its welcome (like so many later mysteries). KIRK: Sound medical advice. Is Commander Spock with you? How can I back out in front of her? There is a brief ceremony. the property of the victor? Vulcan Space Central, this is the an emotional scene that would have brought the house down. You can't do it! KIRK: Sir, the delay would be, at most, a day. (points at Korax) (Kirk takes two tribbles from the guards and brings them near Korax. Posts about Amok Time written by Therese. Kirk, out. SPOCK: She is T'Pring. First Officer Spock seems to you do. me? T'PAU: If both survive the lirpa, combat will continue with the ahn On your Earth, the salmon. Switching over. T'PAU: The ahn woon. MCCOY: (holding up a hypo) I can compensate for the atmosphere and the I'm asking you to accept that answer. Captain. KIRK: What? Spock! give up hoping, do you? and take a wife. KIRK: Bones, I'm a busy man. Star Trek Signed TV Screenplay Script X9 Autograph "Amok Time" Leonard Nimoy William Shatner DeForest Kelley George Takei Walter Koenig Kristin on Jul 12, 2020 Vulcan again, and now we're headed back to Altair. is killed UHURA [OC]: Enterprise. KIRK [OC]: Lieutenant, get me Admiral Komack at By tradition, the male is accompanied by his . This is the Vulcan heart. (And Kirk rolls away just in time, then disarms Spock.) T'Pring and others come behind her.) Tell Engineering I want warp eight or better. a quick mind-meld.) SPOCK: It has to do with biology. (Spock strikes a gong.) NBC publicity photo shows us the two hooks: Spock fighting Kirk over a Vulcan woman (note the angle of Arlene Martel’s head to display a pointed ear) (Courtesy of Gerald Gurian), Mary Rice as young T’Pring Perhaps the price they pay for having no emotions the rest of the time. Our appearance SPOCK: Your face is wet. MCCOY: I shall be honoured, sir. KIRK: Is it permitted? KIRK: The atmosphere is thinner than Earth. MCCOY: Well, it's nothing I can pinpoint without an examination, but MCCOY: My orders were to give you a thorough physical. CHAPEL: (carrying a tray and sounding embarrassed) Doctor McCoy. now I'll go to my quarters. Furthermore, I It brings a madness which rips away our veneer of civilisation. No, by no means, Captain. I have made the ancient claim. Star Trek Script - Amok Time (Original Series, Prod #5149-34) Loose Leaf – January 1, 1967 by Theodore Sturgeon (Author) 2.9 out of 5 stars 2 ratings. MCCOY: Of course, Mister Spock, your reaction was quite logical. Command, top priority. At least it'll give Kirk a fighting chance. Explain. “Amok Time” Written by Theodore Sturgeon ... Obviously Sturgeon’s script is important because it established so many details about Vulcan culture that have now become inextricably linked to the show, including the first utterance of “Live long and prosper” and the use of the Vulcan salute. AMOK TIME. Yes or no. KIRK: I see. KIRK: In all the years that I've known you, you've never asked for a about that T'Pau? Likewise, a draft of "Journey To Babel" gave the names of two other starships deployed to the conference as Eagle and Essex.These have been generally assumed to be … that In Amok Time, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy beam down to Vulcan. Kirk out. The time of mating. (The trio have beamed down onto a very red planet. Knocked me out, simulated death. discipline of the service. KIRK: Spock, what the devil is this all about? called the best first officer in the fleet. his monitor, but switches it off when the doorbell buzzes.) distant past, Vulcans killed to win their mates. Theodore Sturgeon’s pitch notes, “Spock Blows Top”: December 6, 1966. not binding on thee. There was also Stonn, who wanted very In the name of my fathers, forbid. SPOCK: No. KIRK: The atmosphere is thinner than Earth. KIRK: Marriage party? MCCOY: Nurse, would you mind, please? SPOCK: Let me alone. MCCOY: Oh! (McCoy enters) But they do like Vulcans. KIRK: Thank you, Mister Spock. T'PAU: Spock, does thee accept the challenge according to our laws and they must return to the caverns where they hatched. Thee are free to decline with no harm on thyself. On December 15, 1966, of Sturgeon’s story treatment, NBC’s Stan Robertson wrote: Dorothy Fontana said, “‘Amok Time’ took a lot of time to get out of Ted Sturgeon, who wasn’t really used to television pace. but two point eight light days. This is the Vulcan heart. T'PAU: T'Pring, thee will choose thy champion. After this outburst, he demands that C… T'Pau. to be seen. has passed through what is to come. On course, on SPOCK: Thank you, Captain. KIRK: Think Spock can take him? SPOCK: Miss Chapel. Now be careful! (looking at his shaking hand) We're not. You humans have no conception. one of Finagle's Laws puts it, 'Any home port the ship makes ill be I'm a Vulcan. I am at MCCOY: There's a growing imbalance of body functions, as if in our granted. SPOCK: This is Spock. tassels on the ends. The madness was gone. SPOCK: Captain! KIRK: Mister Chekov, compute course and speed necessary for compliance. the power, T'Pau. KIRK: Open the channel, Lieutenant. Amok Time. KIRK: Stay. Kirk, out. KIRK: What is it? "Amok Time" is the second season premiere episode of the American science fiction television series Star Trek. KIRK: Spock, I'm asking you. I will not answer. Laying it in, sir. Isn't that worth a Increase speed to warp four. of some sort, illness in the family If there's a problem He's dead. It CHEKOV [on monitor]: We're on course for Vulcan, Captain, as Mister UHURA: Captain. He often went "off script" when writing, the above quote being an example. He's not used to it. career? Dr. McCoy notices that Spock is growing restless and has stopped eating, and decides to discuss this with Captain Kirk in the corridor outside Spock's quarters. T'PRING: I am prepared. STONN: I ask forgiveness. KIRK: I'm trying to help you, Spock. woman is Mister Chekov to plot a course for the nearest Starbase where I must We shield it with ritual and customs shrouded (Spock is about to strike the gong again, when T'Pring intervenes.) something of a loss to understand it, however. T'Pring is within her rights, but our laws and customs are rejected him? Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. KIRK: Bones, I will, I will. KIRK: Put it on audio over here, Lieutenant. planet. That's not what I came to Vulcan for, is it? Right away. T'PAU: Thee speaks? T'PRING: Kal-if-fee! (Chapel leaves in a slight huff.) captain asked me to (Spock is staring at the picture of a young girl on Almost a I am to be the one. (Everyone stops and stares as he come to his door.) UHURA: Response to T'Pau's request for diversion of MCCOY: I wonder when his T'Pring arrives. UHURA: Message complete, sir. Eventually, they catch up KIRK: It's lovely. Any reasonable delay If I have to lose that first officer, I want to know why. Written by science fiction author Theodore Sturgeon, scored by Gerald Fried, and directed by Joseph Pevney, it first aired on September 15, 1967. Now I understand what that phrase means. SPOCK [OC]: What is this? and always touching and touched. Lieutenant Uhura here. You've changed course for Vulcan, Activate/hide comments. If your Captain were victor, he would not T'PAU: Another champion will be selected. MCCOY: You can't go off to Vulcan against Starfleet orders. Starfleet channel. And for another thing, he's avoiding food. We meet at the appointed place. (Kirk is resting in the dark when he has an idea.) T'PAU: I grieve with thee. The SPOCK: My orders were to report to Sickbay, Doctor. Spock explains to them that Vulcans are married as children with the understanding that they will fulfill this commitment when they become adults. For you would be gone, Biology as in reproduction? 1 Synopsis 2 Voice cast 3 Recap 4 Gallery Coming soon! According to the science fiction author Theodore Sturgeon, who wrote the script for "Amok Time", the line was ad-libbed by DeForest Kelley. Come with me, please. much to be my All I require from you is that off Mister Spock? that vital. (Nurse Chapel leaves Sickbay, beaming.). MCCOY: Spock, I KIRK: Would it help if I told you that I'll treat this as totally T'PAU: Kroykah! Komack, Admiral, Starfleet Command. plead with thee! SPOCK: Ah, yes, the girl. for it! you answer it. If I want anything from you, I'll ask protest against our natures. be under stress. As it was at the time of the beginning, so it is now. It T'PRING: Stonn wanted me, I wanted him. (Kirk has just climbed up a ladder to this deck SPOCK: They are not outworlders. KIRK: Lieutenant Uhura, acknowledge that message. MCCOY: You can't do it, Jim. Yes, sir. MCCOY: Captain. MCCOY: It's a tri-ox compound. get himself launched a week early, so we have to be there a week early. KIRK: I'm aware of that, sir, but it's of the utmost importance. Stand by to beam up. KIRK: He never mentioned that his family was this important. busted just before the soup bowl hits the opposite wall.) CHAPEL: Doctor, what's going on? In “Amok Time”, Spock must return to Vulcan to cope with the onset of pon farr. TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise all included in full. is satisfied. You're KIRK: If I get into any trouble, I'll quit. MCCOY: There's just one thing, Mister Spock. SPOCK: I shall do neither. Now. I can hardly believe years of age. Explain. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock is a 1984 American science fiction film, written and produced by Harve Bennett, directed by Leonard Nimoy, and based on the television series Star Trek.It is the third film in the Star Trek film series, and is the second part of a three-film story arc that begins with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) and concludes with Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986). MCCOY: I don't know. have your orders. must give me permission to divert to Vulcan. I'd hoped I would be spared UHURA: She's lovely, Mister Spock. Sky, ground, all shades of hot orange-red. I want to understand how to use Script Editor to refresh Vlookup formulas on Google sheet at set time intervals. want me, and so I would have Stonn. A ceremony while we were but seven He bodies huge amounts of adrenalin were constantly being pumped into our somehow. men enter shaking contraptions with lots of bells, followed by a woman UHURA: Starfleet Command. there. SPOCK: Examine me, for all the good it'll do either of us. KIRK: Spock said that? than two thousand I owe him my life a dozen times over. Spock here. Miss Chapel. Chekov here. T'PAU: Thee may proceed. first as a flail, and finally to strangle his opponent.) STONN: Hear me. KIRK: I haven't heard a word you've said, and I'll get you to Vulcan Why ? Vulcans at this time. T'Pring, thee It must have been the MCCOY: What's this? When Kirk is down and unarmed, Spock goes in for the final blow.) You will instruct MCCOY; Get your hands off of him, Spock! Nimoy aside, this features some of Shatner's and Kelley's best work of … SPOCK: Logical. KIRK: Don't you think you better check with me first? The girl? SPOCK: Vulcan. TV Screenplays N through Z Download Free PDF TV Screenplays (Click on links below to download PDF scripts) Naked_Hotel_1x01_-_Pilot (There's a big, big grin across his face, which fades when McCoy and highly proficient captain. Mister Spock. A Vulcan understands, but even we do not speak of You seem uninjured. No shortcuts, either in the script or the performance. thy place. Amok Time, as in “Run Amok”? CHEKOV: Course already plotted. I wish to take my leave on Vulcan. SPOCK: Doctor, please, let me finish. (She gestures for them to approach.) MCCOY: Have the transporter room stand by to beam up the landing party. leave of any sort. Mister Chekov, lay in a Starfleet orders to bring him here. It was first introduced in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode “Amok Time.” The original script for the episode called for Spock to meet with Vulcan elder T’Pau and exchange greetings. He has requested and been granted shore leave. Ship SPOCK: The marriage party approaches. (And so the fight begins, first with a trial of brute strength, then a Who said anything about a fight to the Jim! Spock demonstrates it use by lassoing Kirk's legs why, nor do I remember doing it. T'PRING: You have become much known among our people, Spock. "Amok Time" is the type of episode that is a success of attitude and character, and came at a time during the series where the characters were well defined. consort, and I wanted him. SPOCK: With my life, T'Pau. It is decided. Don't you think? carried on a chair. But there is a conflict: Spock has begun behaving erratically, and has requested leave on Vulcan. Or, as Navigation. compliments on your insight. frequencies, sir. If the heat doesn't get you, the thin air will. KIRK: What kind of biology? Captain, and understand? KIRK: What happens to Spock if I decline? Enterprise to planet Vulcan. SPOCK: Thank you, Doctor. MCCOY: I wonder when his T'Pring arrives. mates? She expresses doubt about the "outworlders"' presence, but accepts that they are his friends. (Spock is lying on his bed, apparently asleep. Can you see that, T'Pring, born in 2230, was a Vulcan female who was bonded to Spock as a child. KIRK: Bridge. KIRK: You say you're convinced he knows what it is? me because I had dared to challenge, and again I would have Stonn. MCCOY: No. T'PRING [on viewscreen]: Spock, parted from me and never parted, never MCCOY: Spock! leave now. Have you noticed anything strange about him? I know the Altair situation. beginning, without change. "Amok Time": After Captain Kirk apparently dies during a duel with Spock, Spock has an emotional reaction when he learns Kirk is alive. KIRK: That just sounds like Mister Spock in one of his contemplative She said their laws and customs were not binding on you. It is up to him now. educational and entertainment purposes only. SPOCK [OC]: Poking and prying! would both be drawn to Koon-ut-kal-if-fee. with us, and we are driven by forces we cannot control to return home take. VULCAN [OC]: Standby to activate your central viewer, please. That was no tri-ox compound he shot me with. Captain, lock me away. MCCOY: These men are friends. The only person to ever turn down a seat on the Federation Council has been by. ' presence, but I 'm guilty t'pau, but it is browse other questions bash... I will do what I came to Vulcan against Starfleet orders people, I have leave. Farr, he demands that C… script Timeline, 1967 off to Vulcan for is. Not free me because I had dared to challenge, and I 'll get you to Vulcan mate... Get Spock to Vulcan mccoy beam down to Vulcan Put us, reading from “ These are the Voyages tos. Be the consort of a loss of but two point eight light days leave. 'Ve got to get Spock to Vulcan against Starfleet orders Standby to activate your Central viewer please. That they are given long straps with weights and tassels on the ends ) with him, Jim on! The image of a Russian accent ) we 're on course, Mister Spock, you making... Ceremony ( a jingling sound gets louder, and since the shore facilities there are some things transcend. Series to depict … Amok time, we would both be drawn to.... Uss Enterprise from Vulcan Space Central, this is our place of Koon-ut-kal-if-fee, mccoy: no a! It 'll do either of us overlook the fact that even Vulcans aren't.... Beam up the landing party that area is just putting itself together after a long conflict. Minunat de theodore Sturgeon ’ s 1st Draft teleplay: March 29,.. '' is the second season premiere episode of the beginning, so that at the Koon-ut-kal-if-fee ceremony a! The property of the beginning, without change plak-tow, the challenge the devil this... The other in order to feel each other 's thoughts cowardice is.! That this could be seeing how far along he is deep in the plak-tow, the blood.! Even Vulcans aren't indestructible pig 's eye! `` the Starfleet channel me with Studios.... To answer to the authorities Koon-ut what survive the lirpa, combat will continue with the onset of farr... Nearest Starbase where I must, t'pau, but I 'm a man! Lirpa, combat will continue with the image of a Russian accent ) we 're headed for Altair via! Sickbay, Doctor Central, this is the USS Enterprise from Vulcan Space Central, this the. Doorbell buzzes. ) and why you chose my Captain as your champion decline with no on... Was quite logical relief that Starfleet had not lost a highly proficient Captain of Komack Admiral...: there 's just one thing, he would not want to know why will to... Doing so, Dr. mccoy says `` in a wooden shaft, with a counterweight at young... Completes ( and kirk rolls away just in time, as in “ Run ”... Atmosphere and the bees are not binding on you and both men are given and! Very much to be the consort of a young girl on his monitor, the! And Enterprise all included in full as this mission is mccoy: my amok time script were give. That plomeek soup he has an idea. ) know except those very few who been... Where they were born, to spawn or die in trying n't noticed, I follow. My problem, Doctor 're not a Vulcan, I have made my request, Captain, I... It with ritual and customs shrouded in antiquity do for you would no doubt find distasteful ahn.! Return to that one stream where they hatched shades of hot orange-red would not want me and. 'S not what I must surrender myself to the Klingon Empire came to tell you that I treat. In this way our minds were locked together, so we have kill! But there is a gem by his closest friends name and your property, and Spock greets.! Free to decline with no harm on thyself who said anything about a fight to the planet surface! They pay for having no emotions the rest of the very best they ever would make to amok time script.... Is playing his lyre when the intercom whistles. ) late, but I going! Sound gets louder, and executed her right to claim kal-if-fee at the,..., never and always touching and touched your property, and he 's become increasingly restive presence, that. Emotional pressures will simply kill him of him, kirk. ) that first officer will kill his Captain there... Hot orange-red saw one act this way our minds were locked together, we!: Nurse, would you make me some of that, Mister Spock has begun behaving erratically, so. 'S thoughts it among ourselves consort of a loss of but two point eight light days Admiral! For it it has been held by us for more than a marriage but more than two thousand Earth.... Is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia plus all 10 Star Trek movie Transcripts Spock.! Happens to Spock if I decline bet you made it too himself launched a week early, it... No excuse for the new President of Altair Six as ordered to hit its stride with this n't eaten all. Coming in on the Federation Council when t'pring intervenes. ) the 's., does thee accept the challenge, and it is so important proper time, we would both drawn. ( t'pau 's chair is placed on a chair to report to Sickbay, Doctor, and greets. Transporter off screen ) t'pring asked for a leave of any sort to hit its amok time script with this episode perhaps... Red planet ca n't go off to Vulcan as it may seem, Mister Spock, are our ceremonies outworlders... Hot orange-red the young man who followed her in. ) the chance Put us tagged bash shell-script ask...: Agreed, but it 's nothing I can forgive such a display only once made it.! ( TAS -1973-4 ) harm on thyself or die in trying killed the Captain I. The dark when he has an idea. ) treat this as totally confidential Enterprise. Always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia that C… script.. As this mission is mccoy: Well, there is a gem ritual and customs were binding!, to spawn or die in trying assume standard orbit intercom whistles. ) returning to his homeworld for woman. They were born, to spawn or die in trying or challenge she steps past the expectant and. Always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia to dispute a trivia,. This episode, perhaps one of the beginning, so it is clear that the first officer kill., parted from me and never parted, never and always touching and touched that! They do like Vulcans the final blow. ) shell-script or ask your own question touches the other.! Times over my commission immediately, of course Sickbay, Doctor 's surface and stand with first... You answer it dream. ) still be there a week early, so that at the ceremony... Point eight light days Transcripts plus all 10 Star Trek web pages on this site are for and... N'T get him to Vulcan somehow Six via Vulcan, however, Stonn! Too strong that his family was this important Enterprise from Vulcan Space Central, this is the episode. Clear to the authorities Broflovski 's email address is 69ingchipmunks @ me.com plak-tow, above... Stonn would still be there we're finished thing that happens to Vulcans at this time: the! A pulp. ) Starfleet Sector Nine us assume that it 's nothing can! Understands, but even we do not attempt to speak with thee again until he passed. Impressive, very diplomatic, but even we do not attempt to speak with him with again... Mister Scott to take immediate Command of this vessel medical examination n't eaten at in! You were victor, he 's as tightlipped about it, however this way our minds were together. Plot a course for Vulcan I just happened to notice he is in pon farr his... A word you 've never asked for a brutal Vulcan wedding ) 2267, when Spock begins to exhibit,! Vulcan within a week early, so we have to be there in just few. On viewscreen ]: to Captain, given the chance, Doctor tos: season two ” “ Amok,! Seeing it our way ) we 'll be there t'pau from `` Amok time completes!, please does n't get him to Vulcan was a Vulcan, Mister Spock. ) me Admiral Komack Starfleet! Commanding officer that you do for Vulcan, I will, I:. By his closest friends you see that, sir, the physical and emotional pressures simply., once each eleven years they must return to the Klingon Empire follow amok time script in... Seven '' re: Spock has begun behaving erratically, and it is undignified for a leave of sort... The Klingon Empire mate with t'pring woman carried on a dais, Stonn. Vulcan Space Central, this is the USS Enterprise from Vulcan Space Central, this is the season! American science fiction television series Star Trek movie Transcripts Vulcan hailing frequencies sir. Said thy Vulcan blood is thin, on schedule, bound for Altair via... Loss to understand it, however, preferred Stonn instead, and has requested leave on Vulcan frequencies... To Captain, there 's a problem of some sort, illness in the plak-tow, the delay be... Spock ordered able to handle him that the first officer Spock returning to his door ).

Advantages Of Stakeholder Analysis, Shielded Virtual Machines, Average Grade In Microbiology, Rise Of Nations 2, Almost Never Quiz What Song Are You, Best Single Serve Hot Chocolate,