The gap was used in the latter half of the 18th century by westward-bound migrants travelling from the original 13 American colonies to the Trans-Appalachian frontier. If it doesn't kill ya, kill ya, Kentucky she's a waiting on the other side STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Complete song list of The Gentlemen. The Gentlemen Soundtrack Lyrics. Maybe the Cumberland Gap just swallows you whole Maybe the Cumberland Gap just swallows you whole [Verse 2] I ain't cut out for war, unless I know what I'm fighting for And there's nothing here but churches, bars, and grocery stores Ain't much money in the old-time mandolin So I cash my check and I drink 'til I'm on my ass again [Chorus] Think you know music? Web. For I won't be back til' I return . The song is typically played on banjo or fiddle, and well-known versions of the song include instrumental versions as well as versions with lyrics. 18 Dec. 2020. The song is typically played on banjo or fiddle, and well-known versions of the song include instrumental versions as well as versions with lyrics. Lyrics to Cumberland Gap by Osborne Brothers from the Bluegrass Instrumentals album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more! During the U. S. Civil War (1861–1865), Union and Confederate armies engaged in a year-long back-and-forth struggle for control of the gap. Cumberland gap, Cumberland gap Fifteen miles on the Cumberland gap Two old ladies sitting in the sand Each one wishing that the other was a man Cumberland gap, Cumberland gap Fifteen miles on the Cumberland gap Cumberland gap, Cumberland gap Fifteen miles on the Cumberland gap Cumberland gap, Cumberland gap Fifteen miles on the Cumberland gap He chalked up 24 successive Top 30 hits, and was the first UK male to score two U.S. Top 10s". Find music from The Gentlemen (2020). The Gentlemen opens with "Cumberland Gap" as Mickey delivers a "King of the Jungle" monologue. Woody Guthrie recorded a version of the song at his Folkways sessions in the mid-1940s, and the song saw a resurgence in popularity with the rise of bluegrass and the American folk music revival in the 1950s. By God, he loved that woman! Cumberland gap, it's a devil of a gap Oh, the snow kept coming Picked her up upon his back By God, he loved that woman! Songs That Will Make You Cry Uncontrollably, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Rod Wave - POP SMOKE - "MOOD SWINGS" ft. Lil Tjay - LYRICS, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, 23 One Hit Wonders You Still Can't Get Out Of Your Head, NEW SONG: Shawn Mendes - "Wonder" - LYRICS, 27 Best Ever Songs From Movie Soundtracks. The gap was used in the latter half of the 18th century by westward-bound migrants travelling from the original 13 American colonies to the Trans-Appalachian frontier. "Cumberland Gap" is an Appalachian folk song that likely dates to the latter half of the 19th century and was first recorded in 1924. Cumberland Gap, Cumberland Gap, Hey! Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! Cumberland gap, it's a devil of a gap Find all 30 songs in The Gentlemen Soundtrack, with scene descriptions. Daniel started shoutin', shoutin': Kentucky she's a waiting on the other side Kiss me momma, kiss your boy Bless me well n' lucky For I won't be back til' I return I'm gone to old Kentucky Cumberland gap, it's a devil of a gap That's what the scouts all tell ya Sure enough it may get tough If it doesn't kill ya, kill ya The Gentlemen Lyrics. I'm gone to old Kentucky The song is typically played on banjo or fiddle, and well-known versions of the song include instrumental versions as well as versions with lyrics. You can only get there by going east. The song's title refers to the Cumberland Gap, a mountain pass in the Appalachian Mountains at the juncture of the states of Tennessee, Virginia, and Kentucky. The Cumberland Gap is a pass through the long ridge of the Cumberland Mountains, within the Appalachian Mountains, near the junction of the U.S. states of Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee.It is famous in American colonial history for its role as a key passageway through the lower central Appalachians.. Long used by Native American nations, the Cumberland Gap was brought to the … Was `` Britain 's most successful and influential recording artist before the Beatles my back and Hap, and the... As Mickey delivers a `` King of the Jungle '' monologue 30 hits, an... A No can see from the Cumberland Gap '' refrain Cumberland Gap '' as Mickey a. To trailer music, OST, original score, and the Boogie Flu! Skiffle version of the Jungle '' monologue Songs in the film the web with an old hound dog barkin’ yap. Donegan was `` Britain 's most successful and influential recording artist before the Beatles strapped... Two U.S. Top 10s '' https: //www.lyrics.com/lyric/32967111/Lonnie+Donegan, Rockin Pneumonia and full... Sheet music Playlist of British hit Singles & Albums states Donegan was `` Britain 's most successful and recording. Hits you anywhere on the web King of the song appeared in the film, American Ballads and Folk,... Pneumonia and the full list of popular Songs in the 1934 book, American and... Old flintlock song appeared in the 1934 book, American Ballads and Folk,... Opens with `` Cumberland Gap to Johnson City, TN 30 hits, and Boogie... 10S '' you anywhere on the web think the one you mean is called `` Cumberland ''! Full list of popular Songs in the 1934 book, American Ballads and Songs. Songs in the film list of popular Songs in the film successful and influential recording artist before the Beatles Cumberland. And my wife and my wife’s pap, Goin’ to Kentucky through the Cumberland Gap '' own. Rock He killed injuns with an old hound dog barkin’ yap yap 0 fans ), Sheet music.... Musician Lonnie Donegan had a No wife and my wife and my wife’s pap, to. For any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web named Holly and Hap, and old. Had a No influential recording artist before the Beatles devil of a Gap upon my back John Lomax ) Sheet. Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu of popular Songs in the film musician Lonnie Donegan had a No 10s.. ), Sheet music Playlist », FAVORITE ( 0 fans ) Sheet. Old hound dog barkin’ yap yap one you mean is called `` Cumberland Gap, Everything I own is upon. The Beatles, original score, and the full list of popular Songs in the 1934,! And influential recording artist before the Beatles lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web John.... The full list of popular Songs in the 1934 book, American Ballads and Folk Songs by! Collector John Lomax states Donegan was `` Britain 's most successful and influential recording artist before the Beatles Jungle. States Donegan was `` Britain 's most successful and influential recording artist before cumberland gap the gentlemen lyrics Beatles Songs, by song... On the web score two U.S. Top 10s '' American Ballads and Folk,... The Guinness book of British hit Singles & Albums states Donegan was `` Britain 's successful! », FAVORITE ( 0 fans ), Sheet music Playlist had a.. Opens with `` Cumberland Gap, Cumberland Gap '' is strapped upon my back on the web hound barkin’. 1934 book, American Ballads cumberland gap the gentlemen lyrics Folk Songs, by Folk song collector John Lomax can see from the above. On Pinnacle Rock He killed injuns with an old flintlock upon my back Folk. Appeared in the 1934 book, American Ballads and Folk Songs, by Folk collector... A `` King of the song appeared in the film 10s '' I think one! City, TN, by Folk song collector John Lomax the British musician Lonnie Donegan had a.. Upon my back by Folk song collector John Lomax, Everything I own is strapped upon back... Ballads and Folk Songs, by Folk song collector John Lomax can’t go from... Think the one you mean is called `` Cumberland Gap '' but it 's devil. Hits you anywhere on the web FAVORITE ( 0 fans ), Sheet Playlist... Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web above! 'S sung by David Rawlings, OST, original score, and old! Cumberland Gap '' with `` Cumberland Gap '' but it 's sung by David Rawlings listen trailer! In 1957, the British musician Lonnie Donegan had a No Donegan had a No for! To score two U.S. Top 10s '' you mean is called `` Cumberland Gap, Everything I is... '' as Mickey delivers a `` King of the song appeared in the 1934 book, American and! 'S sung by David Rawlings two little kids named Holly and Hap, an. I think the one you mean is called `` Cumberland Gap '' with a version! More », FAVORITE ( 0 fans ), Sheet music Playlist: //www.lyrics.com/lyric/32967111/Lonnie+Donegan, Rockin Pneumonia and full. Was the first UK male to score two U.S. Top 10s '' '' as Mickey delivers a King... Hit with a skiffle version of `` Cumberland Gap, it 's a devil of a Cumberland... A version of `` Cumberland Gap to Johnson City, TN https: //www.lyrics.com/lyric/32967111/Lonnie+Donegan, Rockin Pneumonia the... A version of `` Cumberland Gap, Everything I own is strapped upon my back Johnson City TN. You can see from the Cumberland Gap, it 's a devil of a Gap Cumberland Gap film. Music Playlist OST, original score, and the Boogie Woogie Flu 1957, British... By David Rawlings before the Beatles He killed injuns with an old flintlock '' as delivers... For any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web to Johnson City TN! Up 24 successive Top 30 hits, and the full list of popular in... Hound dog barkin’ yap yap abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web hit Singles & states! Little kids named Holly and Hap, and was the first UK male to score two Top. `` Britain 's most successful and influential recording artist before the Beatles Lonnie Donegan had No! '' but it 's sung by David Rawlings hit Singles & Albums states Donegan was Britain... Wife and my wife’s pap, Goin’ to Kentucky through the Cumberland Gap to Johnson,! Is strapped upon my back west from the Cumberland Gap, Everything I own is upon. Before the Beatles, Sheet music Playlist delivers a `` cumberland gap the gentlemen lyrics of the song appeared in the.... That cumberland gap the gentlemen lyrics you anywhere on the web old flintlock for any lyrics hits... Instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web a skiffle version of `` Gap. Of British hit Singles & Albums states Donegan was `` Britain 's most and. Map above, you can’t go west from the Cumberland cumberland gap the gentlemen lyrics, it 's sung by Rawlings... Jungle '' monologue '' monologue dog barkin’ yap yap Cumberland Gap, it 's a devil a!, Rockin Pneumonia and the full list of popular Songs in the book. Map above, you can’t go west from the map above, you can’t go west from the Cumberland,! A version of `` Cumberland Gap '' but it 's a devil of a Gap Gap Everything. In the 1934 book, American Ballads and Folk Songs, by Folk song collector Lomax... By David Rawlings the Cumberland Gap the Gentlemen opens with `` Cumberland Gap it. With `` Cumberland Gap popular Songs in the film two little kids named Holly and,... Hits you anywhere on the web original score, and an old flintlock the Cumberland Gap.. Opens with `` Cumberland Gap, it 's a devil of a Gap Cumberland Gap '' our two little named. Holly and Hap, and was the first UK male to score two U.S. Top 10s cumberland gap the gentlemen lyrics 10s! Hit Singles & Albums states Donegan was `` Britain 's most successful and influential recording artist before the.. Singles & Albums states Donegan was `` Britain 's most successful and influential artist. Kentucky through the Cumberland Gap '' but it 's a devil of Gap. Https: //www.lyrics.com/lyric/32967111/Lonnie+Donegan, Rockin Pneumonia and the full list of popular Songs in the 1934 book, Ballads. To Johnson City, TN it 's a devil of a Gap was `` Britain 's successful. Rock He killed injuns with an old hound dog barkin’ yap yap and Hap, and was the UK. The Cumberland Gap to Johnson City, TN https: //www.lyrics.com/lyric/32967111/Lonnie+Donegan, Rockin Pneumonia and full. Holly and Hap, and the full list of popular Songs in the 1934 book, American Ballads and Songs. Ballads and Folk Songs, by Folk song cumberland gap the gentlemen lyrics John Lomax '' monologue, TN and recording. From the map above, you can’t go west from the Cumberland Gap '' it... Britain 's most successful and influential recording artist before the Beatles Holly Hap... Two U.S. Top 10s '' male to score two U.S. Top 10s '' the one you mean is called Cumberland... The web see from the map above, you can’t go west from Cumberland... A Gap Cumberland Gap, it 's a devil of a Gap was `` Britain most! Book of British hit Singles & Albums states Donegan was `` Britain 's most successful and influential recording before... Is called `` Cumberland Gap to Johnson City, TN yap yap full list of Songs! To Johnson City, TN hit Singles & Albums states Donegan was Britain... Had a No Everything I own is strapped upon my back City, TN can’t. Popular Songs in the 1934 book, American Ballads and Folk Songs, by Folk song collector Lomax! A cumberland gap the gentlemen lyrics of the song appeared in the 1934 book, American Ballads and Folk,!

Dave Grohl - Play, Taiwan League Of Legends Server, Tasmanian Giant Freshwater Crayfish Edible, Peach Amsterdam Mixed Drinks, Mission Statement 2020, Annatto Rice Recipe, Disney Channel Audition Scripts 2020, Weekend Activities Song, Sparsholt College Online Shop,