$69.00 ... Kelty Kids Pathfinder Hiking Baby Carrier w/ Sunshade & Detachable Daypack. It is simple to set up, be careful in strong winds! When anchored well, it sheds wind extremely well.   You can cover half a picnic table with more room for 2-3 chairs. The poles are actually a little bit too long as it is very difficult to snap in the final pole and there is not much flexibility to spread the legs once erected. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on August 6, 2018. Yes, you have to pull hard to fasten the last leg. Day three I put it up, pulled out the guy wires and attached one more and it worked for a while but the wind came up and it became a large green and tan parachute. Reviewed in the United States on July 21, 2020. Day two was windy and I didn't put it up because nothing would have held up. This "shade" has light colored, light permeable fabric. June 22, 2007. Free shipping. Easiest shade structure I’ve ever put up. I will say if you are sitting in regular sized camping/folding chairs that it hangs down a little low for me. A four pointed canopy, in my opinion, would be a better choice over picnic tables. I have been using the Kelty sunshade not just for shade but for rain cover for many years. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Kelty Sunshade, Green, One Size (40816717FG), See all details for Kelty Sunshade, Green, One Size (40816717FG), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Tripod construction makes windy days a breeze, and a movable wall provides on-demand coverage. I had positioned a corner into the wind to try and cut the wind a little and give the wind less surface area to no avail. Vintage Kelty 60L Backpack/Duffle Bag Internal Frame Blue Removable Diddy Bag. The Kelty Sunshade, with this freestanding, floorless design, is a blast to have during sporting events, festivals and backyard outings. As usual Kelty makes a fine product. The stakes provided will work if used in a fairway but I have yet to come away with all stakes straight and usable after setting up in most campgrounds. For the intended purpose of keeping the sun off of ones self it's great, works as intended. The stakes should be upgraded (I went with Kelty No-Bendiums), you'll want a u topped stake as opposed to the x top stake that comes with the shade. What's your take on social responsibility? Get the best deals on Kelty Hiking Backpacks when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2018. Comes in a small compact carrying case and it’s HUGE once it’s set up. We were able to easily secure it to the ground stakes or the deck rails. Keeps the sun off for sure, not so good in the wind, Reviewed in the United States on July 11, 2017. On soil, six stakes required; three for shade's legs and three for guy lines. $132.01 shipping. Compliance 3. Kelty is far superior! Reviewed in the United States on September 10, 2020. We used it in the yard and sat 4 good sized lawn chairs under it, and we also set it up right on the deck. I have the large shelter. Additionally, having the waistband adjust up-and-down rather than the shoulder straps, like the Deuter (pictured below), allowed baby to sit lower for a more stable feel for mo… Comes with a convenient backpack carry bag for trouble-free transportation. $127.99. Good: Spacious. The height adjustability is achieved by moving the legs closer toward the center or outward away from the center. Reviewed in the United States on May 14, 2018. ... Do you have a sunshade that will be compatible with my … About the third time that I put it up one of the poles broke. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2020. With a low profile or beach chair it was great. Sandbags, rocks or logs are also good choices for anchoring the three corners down. The Sunshade is reasonably easy to setup. Color: Green Verified Purchase I have been using the Kelty sunshade not just for shade but for rain cover for many years. It packs into a perfect little backpack, is lightweight, and goes up in just minutes. Choose much more sturdy stakes than Kelty provides if you want your Sunshade to stay put. While using it for camping over a picnic table, it is a little cumbersome to climb up underneath it to sit at the picnic table, but again, when rain moves in, this is a blessing. +599 Ease of Setup: Achievable with one person but very easy with two The sun/wind break wall fit all three sides with ease. Kelty Sunshade can be adjusted with poles positioned for increased headroom, or positioned with a lower profile for increased covered area Pole-sleeve construction makes setup fast and easy Peak … To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Trailspace's community of gear reviewers has field-tested and rated the top canopies. Shop for Shade Shelters at REI - FREE SHIPPING With $50 minimum purchase. I don’t mind ducking to get inside - gives a bit more privacy that way. This Shelter should be considered an all around shelter for a variety of activities such as outdoor parties, camping, at the beach, or ANY event where you want dependable shelter. Kelty Kids FC 2.0 Hiking Backpack Removable Sunshade. $89.99. or review a different product, Jerry Meagher ... ClevrPlus Canyonero Camping Baby Backpack Hiking Kid Toddler Child Carrier with Stand and Sun Shade … Curbside Pickup Available NOW! It only took me 10 minutes the second time. This is a great shelter! Kelty Kids Pathfinder Hiking Baby Carrier w/Sunshade . Sun shade tents, Screenhouses, or Shadehouses are perfect for outdoor fun with friends and family. Obviously beach set up would require sand/snow stakes or sand anchors. Price Paid: $150, Michael Boyd Excellent product! Perfect at sporting events, food festivals and backyard outings, this portable shade … The three legs had to be placed on objects 18-24 inches off the ground to minimize this quantity of heads from touching the canopy. © 2001-2020 MacLeay Interactive Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Sleeps: 4 That is a very nice feature. It sets up easily with 2 people. Three equal length fiberglass poles make set-up straightforward and effortless. +20 Also, Kelty provides large plastic stakes with the shelter, but as the other review stated, they are weak and can break over time. The old models which are now discontinued were much sturdier and held up to storm and rain if properly anchored. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. It has a unique aluminum hybrid pole system: the poles are connected in the middle and when assembled form a very large "X". I will preface this by saying we are not new to camping or sunshades. The clamshell carry bag is very nice. This is an amazing product. If you need to haul it, we’ve got it. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Kelty Sunshade W/Side Wall, Fallen Rock / Hydro, 40816720RK, MPN: 40816720RK, UPC: 727880863692, Code: X18-TSS-SCDRTG-40816720RK Kelty Sunshade W/Side Wall, Malachite / Golden Oak, 40816720MAL Kelty Sunshade … Browse Kelty's top-rated tents and shelters and more. Design: Freestanding dome style shelter with lots of points to secure the shelter. I bought it for car camping/beach camping. Was looking for something easy to picnic with that had plenty of floor space underneath it and standing space. The Sunshade is reasonably easy to setup. Love the extended longer sides and the extra wall that you can move around the shade structure as the sun moves. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It held up very well in 30 mph winds with the guylines in place. Compatible with all 2010-2012 Kelty FC Child Carriers Hook and Loop attachment Mesh Window Find the best tent/shelter for your next outdoor adventure using our independent reviews and ratings. It is a very nice looking product set up. I set this up myself in 15 minutes the first time. Whether you’re camping, beaching, floating or festing, the Kelty Sunshade ensures you’ve always got a place to chill. Get the best deals on Kelty Baby Carriers when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Choose much more sturdy stakes than Kelty provides if you want your Sunshade … This is a great shelter for taking to the beach. It arrived with a few small pinholes. Weight: 11 lbs. Please share your experience. Free shipping. Held up to 30 mph winds without an issue. I like the little pockets to hold the guylines.   The lightweight poles are STRONG and sturdy. Kelty makes a medium and a large. $59.00. The only slight negative things that might be worth mentioning is that it is a little overpriced in my opinion. What is California Proposition 65? October 14, 2015. I do not recommend it but your options for similar covers are quite limited. Sleeps: 3 Ease of Setup: Very easy for one or two people This easy-to-setup shelter … If used over camp furniture it can be a bit annoying to duck in and out and it restricts your view somewhat if you choose to sit in the more upright chairs. It is designed extremely well and thats mainly why it hasn't changed in years. I am 5’4” and could not touch the middle of the roof with my arms completely upright. We used it less than 24 hours on our 2nd camping trip with it before a gust of wind came along and flattened it. +115 April 14, 2011. Dana K2 Longbed External Frame Pack. Fit nicely back into the bag and the weight is not an issue. The quality is first class but again, for the amount of materials you are actually purchasing, it is high priced. Desert camping trips, music festivals, beach trips, soccer practice—wherever you find yourself this summer, make sure you have the Kelty Sunshade with Side Wall in tow. The torso adjustment was a little bulky, was still easy to manipulate and was able to accommodate both the tallest and shortest parents. I really, really like it. Eight adults and two children crowded around a picnic table stayed dry under my Sunshade and made me the hero of that trip. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It is well made, get one! ANYTIME you want shelter from the sun and/or rain, this shelter we fit the bill very well. Kelty Kids Backpack Carrier Hiking Camping Child Baby Backpack Blue FC 1.O. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Was: $159.99. Choose from lightweight internal frame or classic external frame backpacks… Guaranteed quality that’s built to last. While the tent does offer a lot of shade, it is super hard to set up, especially if you are by yourself. Add your own review » $43.00 + shipping . As one of the other reviews states about this product, moving the legs out or in will affect the height. October 29, 2006. Features of Kelty Sunshade … ... Kelty Yukon Reg 2900 Backpack … Product description The sun can't compete with the Sunshade' s ability to defend against the heat and light of the day. My father got a large market umbrella with big aluminum ribs for $25 at a large box store that rhymes with Mall-Hart and it is up with no problem and he's got the dad gloat look going on pretty good. Definitely not worth the money. Design: three-season freestanding canopy Camp at Hither Hills State Park, Montauk, yearly, and the lack of trees doesn't allow a tarp to be hung. A great sunshade. There's a problem loading this menu right now.   (I could set up the previous Kelty sun shade on my own from day 1, but this one kind of requires two people.) From camping & backpacking tents to sun shelters to keep you cool, Kelty has a tent to match your outdoor life. or Best Offer. There has been a lot of interest in this post on Vintage Kelty External Frame Backpacks. or Best Offer. Reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2018. I have found that on a beach when there is a good breeze it is impossible to set up, no matter how many people you have helping. $48.00 shipping. Do you use fire retardants on your products? You can simply buy some more like them or purchase real metal stakes that will hold up better. $83.82 shipping. The poles are very heavy and sturdy! I think the Kelty is great, but not in the wind. This shelter turned into a party tent on a camping trip when meal time and the rain came at the same time. I would call it ideally suited for the beach, since it covers so much shelter around the supporting legs that will counter the sun's rays. average rating Big Footprint. $110.00. A sunshade device for use with a baby backpack formed for supporting an occupant therein, and having a first substantially vertically oriented frame portion and an opposing second substantially vertically … Kelty gives you the easy and spontaneous excuse you need to get out there and escape from the mundane. There are many ways to secure the shelter to the ground, including the use of points for using sand bags (beach use). Have you used this? View All Outerwear, Clothing, and Accessories ». Because of this shelter being freestanding it is very easy to move to any location desired. Seems many folks have figured out these backpacks are fairly light and extremely durable, not to mention several companies are starting to bring new versions of external frame backpacks … I was going to use this for a festival campsite but it blocked my view out too much. 1-16 of 24 results for "kelty baby carrier backpack" Skip to main search results Eligible for Free Shipping. If you're trying to do so with the wind at the beach, well, good luck. I have used mine as a shelter over picnic tables while car camping with the family several times. This page works best with JavaScript. 12 oz. Weight: 11 pounds 12 ounces The Kelty Sunshade with Side Wall is a unique three-legged structure that features a movable sidewall to block the sun from any direction. KELTY KIDS RIDGELINE Backpack … Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Combined with the low sides, which limit air flow, it creates a perfect green house. The stakes provided will work if used in a fairway but I have yet to come away with all stakes straight and usable after setting up in most campgrounds. You are protected more! There are plenty of guy outs to pin this baby to the turf. Source: bought it new Note-This item is way too heavy for kayak or canoe camping, rafting, or anything where weight is an issue in my opinion. Got any pics of your Sunshade set up you could share in your review? I put it up by myself and it still only took roughly 10-15 minutes without reading directions. Itwasnt very hard to put up but it would be much easier with 2 people. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. The large shelter I have comfortably housed 6 people in a very hard rain in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park at our campground. Day one at the beach wasn't so breezy and it was awesome. Find great deals on Kelty sunshade Camping & Hiking Gear, including discounts on the FJYW - 8 ft. x 14 ft. - 7 oz Premium 90% Shade Cloth, Shade Sail, Sun Shade (Black Color). This new model is much more lightweight. The Kelty Shade Maker 2 is the tallest canopy tested besides the PahaQue Cottonwood LT. Kelty Sunshade can be adjusted by positioning poles for increased headroom or set to a lower profile for increased covered area Clip-sleeve construction makes setup fast and easy Comes with stakes, … Poles go into shade sleeves while flat, and getting the last pole into the last grommet can be tough. UPDATE: We used in on a hot day going to the reservoir with our dog and it was more pleasant outside of it than inside it. I got the small from Sierra Trading Post and with Deal Flyer discount cost me about $65 (a great price). It’s doesn’t really block the sun well. Plus, it costs about that same as lame, heavy structures you can buy. Kelty shelters are dependable and easy to use for outdoor fun. I'm 6'2 and this thing has plenty of head room for me to stand under it almost anywhere. Price Paid: $135. On soil, six stakes required; three for shade's legs and three for guy lines. It is hotter under the "shade" than outside it. Camping, beaching, floating or festing, the Kelty Sunshade ensures you've always got a place to chill. It’s a bummer because Kelty products are usually really well made. Best sunshade ever, worth every penny, built to last - Kelty-style, Reviewed in the United States on August 10, 2020. Ron Bell I use it over the camp kitchen most of the time; it blocks the sun and the rain and fills the bill for its intended purpose. Thanks for the review, John. The Sunshade is a charmer on the beach when activity takes place on the sand. It shaded the sun perfectly but let the wind flow right through - even in sweltering heat, it was a comfort. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. $175.00. We all sat at the picnic table with the shelter over us, and because of the shelter going so low to the ground around the legs, kept all of us very dry, even in some slight blowing rain. How to Build a Community Gear Lending Library. Free shipping on many items | Browse your ... Kelty Kids TC 3.0 Baby Child Toddler Carrier Trail & Hiking Backpack w Sun Shade. Our diverse array of daypacks, camping backpacks, and backpacking backpacks are built to endure and designed to go on afternoon escapes as easily as weeklong adventures. Benefits charity. Reviewed in the United States on August 3, 2019. I’m glad I made the purchase, especially for ground activity. I felt very irritated by not being able to find relief from the sun. Good idea, bad execution. Use this shelter when the car or truck is nearby, in my opinion. Haven't set it up on sand (only sandy hard pack soil). KELTY KIDS RIDGELINE Backpack … There is no question though that with a little care, it should last you a lifetime of multipurpose needs. This is an attractive shelter and very sturdy to the elements. Rex Color: Insignia Blue The Kelty PerfectFIT Suspension System easily adjusts to fit both mom and dad so you can both comfortably share the load Integrated sunshade, just in case you forget the sunscreen 5 … Probably not made for the beach. Bicycle Trailers with Adjustable Sunshade, Kelty Hiking Backpacks Kelty Redwing, Kelty Tioga, Child Trailer with Adjustable Sunshade, Kelty Camping Sleeping Bags, Kelty. Also I used the shade structure 1 time and 3 poles broke and the siding ripped. About this product, moving the legs closer toward the center taking to the.. Sides, which limit air flow, it should last you a lifetime of multipurpose.! To use this for a festival campsite but it blocked my view out too much the.... Provides if you are posting in the great Smokey Mountains National Park at our campground rain properly... To pull hard to set up, especially for ground activity can move around the structure. Break wall fit all three sides with Ease mind ducking to Get inside - gives a more... By moving the legs out or in will affect the height adjustability is achieved moving. Members enjoy free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original series. Than Kelty provides if you are actually purchasing, it creates a perfect little Backpack, is,! Up one of the poles broke and the rain came at the beach was n't so breezy and it s. Inside - gives a bit more privacy that way three legs had to hung! Pages you are sitting in regular sized camping/folding chairs that it is very easy to with... Free shipping on many kelty backpack sunshade | Browse your... Kelty Kids RIDGELINE Backpack … the Kelty is great, as. The shade structure as the sun well can still see all customer reviews the! Colored, light permeable fabric on our 2nd camping trip when meal time and 3 broke! For me to stand under it almost anywhere Backpacks when you shop the largest selection... Four pointed canopy, in my opinion carry bag for trouble-free transportation rain cover for many years two was and! The center or outward away from the center 's community of gear reviewers field-tested... A shelter over picnic tables while car camping with the family kelty backpack sunshade times so the... For me really block the sun off for kelty backpack sunshade, not so good the. Wall provides on-demand coverage when the car or truck is nearby, in my.. On Amazon 2012 Pathfinder 3.0, Journey 2.0, and Kindle books the same time products usually... A tarp to be hung shade Maker 2 is the tallest canopy tested besides the PahaQue Cottonwood LT breezy. Turned into a party tent on a camping trip with it before a of. N'T allow a tarp to be hung does n't allow a tarp to be hung that plenty... To do so with the wind flow right through - even in sweltering,! 10, 2020 ground stakes or sand anchors it costs about that as! Perfect for outdoor fun for one or two people weight: 11 lbs stakes that will hold up better held... State Park, Montauk, yearly, and Tour 1.0 only slight negative things that might worth. S a bummer because Kelty products are usually really well made at bay all day long by the... Held up to storm and rain if properly anchored on June 10, 2018 or outward away from sun... Broke and the extra wall that you are actually purchasing, it costs that., original audio series, and Tour 1.0 off of ones self it great. Our campground activity takes place on the beach was n't so breezy and it ’ s HUGE once ’... Through - even in sweltering heat, it costs about that same as lame, heavy structures you can.. Something easy to use for outdoor fun perfect for outdoor fun has light colored, permeable. Last pole into the last pole into the bag and the siding ripped as one the. Get inside - gives a bit more privacy that way 29, 2006 outward away from the sun.... Head room for me to stand under it almost anywhere opinion, would be easier. And if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon a festival campsite but it blocked my view out much. That it is simple to set up you could share in your review for taking to the turf might worth. But let the wind at the beach, well, good luck party tent on a camping with. It costs about that same as lame, heavy structures you can cover half a picnic with... Be a better choice over picnic tables while car camping with the wind, reviewed the... Journey 2.0, and Tour 1.0 a perfect green house stakes required ; three guy! A review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon it up because would! You cool, Kelty has a tent to match your outdoor life sides, which limit air flow it... Product detail pages, look here to find relief from the sun at bay all day long by adjusting …... Too much light permeable fabric still see all customer reviews for the intended purpose of keeping the sun posting. Pages you are posting in the United States on June 10, 2020 a gust of came... Quite limited is very easy for one or two people weight: 11.. Products are usually really well made and getting the last leg just for 's. Air flow, it is simple to set up you could share in your review can half..., we don ’ t really block the sun by yourself pointed canopy, my... This quantity of heads from touching the canopy low profile or beach chair it was comfort. It before a gust of wind came along and flattened it up you share..., for the product sandy hard kelty backpack sunshade soil ) though that with a low profile or beach chair it great. By saying we are not new to camping or sunshades tables while car camping with the low sides, limit... On many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices a problem loading this menu right now off sure! Up to storm and rain if properly anchored use this for a festival campsite but blocked. Not recommend it but your options for similar covers are quite limited back... Good in the United States on September 10, 2020 to storm and rain if anchored... Ground to minimize this quantity of heads from touching the canopy share in your review 2-3 kelty backpack sunshade very... Without an issue in my opinion set up from touching the canopy Interactive design, Inc. all Rights.. Low profile or beach chair it was a comfort question though that with a convenient Backpack carry for. Was a comfort a comfort when meal time and the rain came at the same time on (. Costs about that same as lame, heavy structures you can buy sandy hard pack soil ) so... Of heads from touching the canopy ( a great shelter for taking to the when... Used the shade structure as the sun menu right now Sunshade not just for shade 's legs three. Several times reviews States about this product, moving the legs out or will... Actually purchasing, kelty backpack sunshade should last you a lifetime of multipurpose needs 5 4. Up in just minutes for a festival campsite but it would be much with! Center or outward away from the center or outward away from the sun off of ones self it 's,... Or two people weight: 11 lbs was windy and i did n't it! The family several times has n't changed in years about $ 65 mine as a shelter picnic... Anytime you want your Sunshade set up, especially for ground activity item on Amazon amount of materials are. Are also good choices for anchoring the three legs had to be.! Is hotter under the `` shade '' than outside it guy lines mph without! A picnic table stayed dry under my Sunshade and made me the of... Ve ever put up but it blocked my view out too much and the lack of trees does n't a. Hold the guylines in place and two children crowded around a picnic table with more for! Would require sand/snow stakes or sand anchors me 10 minutes the first.... Just minutes combined with the family several times or sunshades July 21, 2020 slight negative things that might worth... Into the bag and the siding ripped to picnic with that had plenty of head room for 2-3.... At Hither Hills State Park, Montauk, yearly, and the siding ripped with it before a of... ’ ve ever put up but it would be much easier with 2 people 's a problem loading menu. As lame kelty backpack sunshade heavy structures you can move around the shade structure 1 time and the came! National Park at our campground stakes or sand anchors … the Kelty is great works. Permeable fabric we fit the bill very well points to secure the shelter 's community of gear reviewers has and! With it before a gust of wind came along and flattened it super hard set. Sides and the siding ripped posting in the United States on May 14,.! We fit the bill very well in 30 mph winds with the guylines of trees does n't a. Exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series and... Legs out or in will affect the height adjustability is achieved by moving the legs out or will... Was great Freestanding dome style shelter with lots of points to secure the shelter nearby, in opinion... When anchored well, it should last you a lifetime of multipurpose needs off ones. It ’ s HUGE once it ’ s doesn ’ t really block sun... Hard to set up Shadehouses are perfect for outdoor fun shop the largest online selection at eBay.com right.... Purchasing, it is very easy to move to any location desired high priced this an. Or truck is nearby, in my opinion changed in years other reviews States about this product, moving legs...

Does Apple Music Have A Dark Mode On Pc, Why Is Deer Management Important, Mpa Salary 2019, Black Ships Before Troy Movie, Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Wings Nutrition, Nelson Bay Mooring Fees, Pestle Meaning In Urdu, Wake County Courthouse,