Our review unit came with Intel Core … When you add that to the poor maximum brightness you get a pretty budget experience (still better than a TN panel, though). On the bright side, its keycaps are big with the exception of the “up” and “down” arrow keys and the touchpad is accurate and fast. We mentioned, that the larger version was not one of the fittest, however, we would deem the 14-incher a pretty usable, weighing 1.65 kg and being 17.9mm thick. The … The screen can be considered Retina when viewed from at least 56 cm (from this distance, the average human eye can’t see the individual pixels). Lenovo Ideapad C340 14 has a Full HD IPS touchscreen display, model number Chi Mei N140HAC-EAC (CNM14D4). Very disappointed. The 32GB C340-11 is worth $320 maximum. If there was any reason to not buy a C340 right now, it would only be to wait until models with 8GB start showing up, but we have no clue how long that's going to take. So I’d like to know if there are any lags on it while doing this kind of work and does it smooth enough. To make sure we are on the same page, we would like to give you a little introduction to the sRGB color gamut and the Adobe RGB. The contrast ratio is very good – 1010:1. You can find more information about that in our dedicated article on Blue Light. Lenovo Ideapad C340 (14″) has a Full HD IPS touchscreen display with moderate maximum brightness, comfortable viewing angles, and good contrast ratio. Moving on to the base of the laptop. Lenovo has brought the next iteration laptops of its Ideapad series with the launch of – Ideapad S340 series. On the two graphs below you can easily check for yourself how your display handles the darkest nuances but keep in mind that this also depends on the settings of your current display, the calibration, the viewing angle, and the surrounding light conditions. The first column shows a computer’s reaction to a short load (2-10 seconds), the second column simulates a serious task (between 15 and 30 seconds), and the third column is a good indicator of how good the laptop is for long loads such as video rendering. I get 9-12 hours most days at my usual lower brightness levels, but even on bright afternoons, my battery still lasted until dinnertime. 328 x 229 x 17.9 mm (12.91" x 9.02" x 0.70"), Top 100 Best Laptops for League of Legends, Top 100 Best Laptops for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Top 100 Best Laptops for PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), Top 100 Best Laptops for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Top 100 Best Laptops for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, Top 100 Best Laptops for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Top 100 Best Laptops for Rise of the Tomb Raider, Top 100 Best Laptops for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Top 100 Best Gaming Laptop Deals (Price/Performance). This test was conducted by … Rather than sticking with the shiny but dirt-showing Blizzard White of the C330, Lenovo opted for two colors on the C340-11: Platinum Grey and Sand Pink. You can check the prices and configurations in our Specs System: https://laptopmedia.com/series/lenovo-ideapad-c340-14/. Still, we’ve included other color spaces like the famous DCI-P3 standard used by movie studios, as well as the digital UHD Rec.2020 standard. Lenovo Ideapad C340 (14″) is perhaps one of the best-valued convertibles on the market. Its diagonal is 14″ (35.56 cm), and the resolution – 1920 х 1080. The only real regret I have with this laptop is that while these cheap 1366x768 touchscreen panels made sense back in 2016, can we really not boost it up to 1080p in 2019? It's light, thin, and packs a decent punch. Battery life is just as impressive here as it was on the C330 despite the battery being a tiny bit smaller. On the horizontal axis, you will find the grayscale and on the vertical axis – the luminance of the display. Well, for the price Lenovo is asking for, we don’t think you can get anything extremely better than that. Its diagonal is 14″ (35.56 cm), and the resolution – 1920 х 1080. I would like to receive mail from Future partners. If the download target is a .php file instead of an archive, change the file extension to .zip or contact us at [email protected]. The pink is far easier to get ahold of — it's the only one being sold on Amazon — and while I might have preferred a nice lavender or sky blue, Sand Pink is a nice shade that doesn't stray too close to Mary Kay pink and is light enough that it doesn't look gaudy. For a good many years since the launch of the Yoga brand in late 2012, Lenovo took its convertible laptop offerings very seriously—probably more seriously than any other PC manufacturer out there. We’ve also included the so-called Michael Pointer gamut, or Pointer’s gamut, which represents the colors that naturally occur around us every day. No spam, we promise. You can buy it from Lenovo … Our review unit of the IdeaPad C340 was powered by an Intel 8th Gen Core i5 CPU, an Nvidia GeForce MX230 graphics card, and 8GB of RAM. While the lid is aluminum, the rest of the laptop is plastic, which I'm honestly okay with since the plastic is less prone to noticeable scratches and dents than metal is. In terms of graphics cards, there are the well known integrated ones, as well as the GeForce MX230. The Lenovo IdeaPad C340 is an overall great laptop for work and studies. Now, we conduct the battery tests with Windows Better performance setting turned on, screen brightness adjusted to 120 nits and all other programs turned off except for the one we are testing the notebook with. Lenovo IdeaPad C340 (14-inch) Review: Fast, flexible, flawed . Ok, so there are two versions of the laptop – an Intel one, like the one we got, and an AMD one. The Lenovo C340-11 Chromebook uses the Chrome Operating System. It is the Lenovo Ideapad C340 and the larger version had some issues, to be honest. Like the C330, it's a run-and-gun Chromebook that you can trust to endure through long days of frantic launch day blogging — I mean, homework — and through long nights re-watching every single episode of Phineas and Ferb — I mean, homework!! It’s just 2.65lbs / 1.2kg and takes up less space than a piece of printer paper, but Intel ® processing gives it power that defies its size. Along with enhanced performance and smoother multitasking, you'll have more ways to protect yourself when … Would be purchasing from below, Irish site. One of the bigger blemishes on the Lenovo C330 last year was that it only launched with a few years of support — a blemish which was later fixed with an end-of-life — but this year's model is in it for the long haul, slated to receive Chrome OS updates until June 2026. If you are willing to spend a little bit more, check out the Yoga 730, which is a pretty decent convertible. As the first one features the latest ULV CPUs up to date – the Whiskey Lake line up of Intel, the latter one goes for the 3000-series Ryzen CPUs of AMD. The spec sheet for the C340-11 mentions an 8GB option for memory, but those models aren't available for purchase yet. Don’t get us wrong, though – it (Chi Mei N140HAC-EAC) does have comfortable viewing angles, a good contrast ratio and while it uses PWM to adjust its brightness, it does so only up until 57 nits and with a high frequency, making it not that harmful at all. Inside the black triangle, you will see the standard color gamut (sRGB) that is being used by millions of people in HDTV and on the web. I can have up to 16 tabs before the 4GB RAM on my review unit starts reloading them, and using Android apps like Disney+, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and Fanfiction.net have worked for me on the Lenovo as well as they have on my Pixel 4. We were able to extract more than 10 hours and a half of video playback from it, which is fairly reasonable. Please read and accept our website Terms and Privacy Policy to post a comment. Now, however, the Chinese electronics company has decided that its customers aren’t confused enough with its brand names. Otherwise, though, I don't really have any complaints with the Lenovo Chromebook C340. The Ideapad C340 (14″) is equipped with a fingerprint reader as well. The new mid-range laptop from Lenovo … Good performance and great looks at a perfect price. Opening up that aluminum lid reveals an identical 11.6-inch screen to last year's model — and every other 11.6-inch Chromebook I've seen this year — and a color-matched trackpad with a grey keyboard. Thanks to the MX230 graphics card, the IdeaPad C340 gets 2GB of d… Lenovo Ideapad C340 (14″)’s speakers sound relatively loud and have good sound quality. Lenovo Chromebook C340-11 review: Budget-friendly 2-in-1 for school basics The 11.6-inch convertible is a sturdy, low-cost option for a student Chromebook. Let’s start by saying that it comes in configurations of both Intel and AMD processors. This a compact touchscreen 2-in-1 can handle just about any Android app your throw at it, juggle multiple windows and tabs as you multitask, and has the phenomenal battery life we've come to expect from Lenovo's Chromebooks. On the left side, there is the power plug, as well as an HDMI connector, a USB Type-C 3.1 (Gen. 1) port and a headphone jack. By the way, the laptop doesn’t use the fancy hinges seen on the 900-series Yoga devices, but ones that are closer in design to the Yoga 730. Last week, we gave you our thoughts about the 15-inch version of the device we are checking out today. Lenovo offers three SKUs for the Yoga C740, ranging from the model we tested (currently $790 on Lenovo.com) to a high-end $1,010 configuration. We tested the accuracy of the display with 24 commonly used colors like light and dark human skin, blue sky, green grass, orange, etc. Its viewing angles are comfortable. I would like to receive news and offers from other Future brands. While the battery capacity figures are not very impressive, we are happy with the results we got from it. I made some quick tests and I worry that this display uses 200 Hz PWM, and except the full brightness it uses PWM all the time, even at 95% brightness. 2007 - 2020 Some rights reserved - LaptopMedia.com In these light impulses, the light/no-light time ratio varies, while brightness remains unchanged, which is harmful to your eyes. In Gizmodo's battery rundown test, the C340 lasted for five hours, 43 minutes. The Correlated Color Temperature on a white screen and at maximum brightness is 6360K (average) – only slightly warmer than the 6500K optimum for sRGB, which is not bad. If you’re not familiar with the Blue light, the TL;DR version is – emissions that negatively affect your eyes, skin and your whole body. The lightweight Chromebook C340 11” boasts an ultraportable, 360° convertible design and all-day battery life. For years, Android updates have been a source of anxiety for some users. Computer noob basically looking for a thin and snappy 14 inch laptop that can do some light/basic gaming on the side (LoL, Hearthstone, Age of Empires etc) and came across the new Lenovo C340 which I like the look of. Then comes the narrow color coverage. Sign up now to get the latest news, deals & more from Android Central! Colors inside the black triangle are used by everyone and this is the essential part of the color quality and color accuracy of a mainstream notebook. The ventilation of this laptop happens through the bottom plate cut-outs, while the hot air comes back at the back of the device. You can unsubscribe at any time and we'll never share your details without your permission. This display is fine — easy enough to read, you can use it outdoors in the shade but not full sunlight, and easy to tap away at Microsoft Solitaire — but a higher resolution would allow for the Chromebook to look better at more zoom and font sizes. Things have shifted in recent years to where some Android manufacturers are getting better about updates, including Samsung. While PC makers like Asus and MSI are keen on offering Intel’s 10th Gen chips on their laptops, Lenovo appears to be in no hurry to do the same. Lenovo IdeaPad C340 Battery Life Battery life on the C340 is okay for casual use, but the review unit I had didn't quite meet the device's 'all-day battery' claims. It’s a shame to see that this model took form over function. Given all of the apps/services that are now available for dealing with them, we want to know how you manage your spam calls. While there are certainly more powerful Chromebooks out there with bigger, shinier screens, those are double the C340's price. We have provided images at 45 degrees to evaluate quality. The Lenovo C340-15IWL is the ideal choice for those who want a laptop that doubles up as a tablet, but are working with a budget. The first press renders of the Galaxy S21 Ultra have appeared online, along with the phone's full specs sheet. Those wide bezels around the screen are great for readjusting the screen angle or flipping over to Stand mode for a bit of Solitaire time. The left side of the image represents the display with stock settings, while the right one is with the “Gaming and Web Design” profile activated. Read the full GHI review. Lenovo Ideapad C340 (15″)’s IPS touchscreen panel has a Full HD resolution, comfortable viewing angles, good contrast ratio, and adequate default settings. Additionally, the screen ratio is 16:9, the pixel density – 157 ppi, their pitch – 0.161 x 0.161 mm. If you need to turn your Chromebook into an easy-to-use desktop once in a while, these docking stations are exactly what you're looking for. *Should you have problems with downloading the purchased file, try using a different browser to open the link you’ll receive via e-mail. Additionally, its speakers are placed on the bottom two sides of the bottom plate. You can follow her on Twitter at @arawagco. It uses PWM but with high frequencies, hence it is harmless, and as the main disadvantage we consider the narrow color coverage. This profile aims to deliver better distinctness and clarity by keeping a flat gamma curve (2.20), native color temperature and perceptually accurate colors. Its body is made out of a plastic material plus aluminum for the lid. The Lenovo C340-15 Chromebook, provides a full size 15.6-inch screen, but only weighs 4.40 lbs. Below you can compare the scores of Lenovo Ideapad C340 14 with the default settings (left), and with the “Gaming and Web design” profile (right). Look at the bigger picture This is just indecent price gouging, and it's not limited to Amazon. On the bright side, the Ideapad C340 (14″) has a very good battery life – we were able to get up to 10 hours and a half of web browsing. Well, sadly, the display is not that fabulous. Whether it's due to Apple's influence is anyone's guess, but I'm not complaining. Here they are! Storage was taken care of by a Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe solid-state drive. Lenovo Chromebook C340 (11.6") review: This pretty laptop is practically perfect for the price The best Chromebook is one anyone can pick up and run with, and Lenovo's … Stay with us to see whether going for the 14-inch option is a better deal – not only price-wise but also on the usability spectrum. I firmly believe the best Chromebook is one that the average Joe would actually pay for. Reviews of C340? The sequel to Lenovo's popular C330 Chromebook packs double the ports and double the style in a compact Chromebook that can work hard all day and into the night. So it’s switching the names […] Bottom line: With updated ports, two color options, a shiny aluminum lid and the same dependable performance we loved on last year's model, the Lenovo C340 improves on the original in almost every way. However, if you are not happy with the available deals, set a price drop alert. Its display covers just 54% of the sRGB/ITU-R BT.709 (web/HDTV standard) in CIE1976. Its tactile feedback is reasonable. The Lenovo C340 Chromebook, on the other hand, will keep getting updates through 2026. Try it out and get 70% off a three-year plan + 3 months free! She themes phones and pokes Google Play Music with a stick. Lenovo knocked it out of the affordable ballpark last year with the Lenovo Chromebook C330, a glittering white Chromebook that I've used and abused for the last ten months, for launch day blitzes and lazy day binges and everything in between. Lenovo IdeaPad S340 review Decent budget laptops can be hard to find but the Lenovo IdeaPad S340 is one of the best affordable options in 2019. It looks good indoors and great outdoors, with the aluminum lid shiny and cool while the rest of the housing is a color-matched plastic that's easier to hold and less prone to scratches. And from the moment I first saw its sequel teased before its IFA debut, I know I had to get my hands on one. LaptopMedia.comReviewsLenovo Ideapad C340 (14") review - one of the best priced convertibles on the market, From: Alex Iliev & Kroum Nikolov 1 August 2019 / 13:47 | 0. There's even a chance of a configuration with 8GB of RAM, something we've only really seen on $500+ mid-range and premium Chromebooks so far, and something I'd very much love to have in a Chromebook when I'm video-conferencing or watching Critical Role while banging out case roundups. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. It's a niche laptop that's also a vote of confidence for the future of Chrome OS. Its main drawbacks are the narrow color coverage and the flickering backlight. That means that if you buy the C340-11 for your spunky seventh grade daughter, it should last until she graduates high school. Chris Singh; May 25, 2020; Lenovo’s latest gift to on-the-go creatives is the IdeaPad C340, a reasonably priced chromebook that can be used as either a laptop of a tablet. In addition to receiving efficient and health-friendly profiles, by buying LaptopMedia's products you also support the development of our labs, where we test devices in order to produce the most objective reviews possible. Lenovo Ideapad C340 (14") review - one of the best priced convertibles on the market, https://laptopmedia.com/series/lenovo-ideapad-c340-14/, AMD Radeon RX Vega 8 (Ryzen 2000/3000, 15W), AMD Radeon RX Vega 6 (Ryzen 2000/3000, 15W), See all Lenovo Ideapad C340 (14″) review – one of the best priced convertibles on the market configurations, https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-c-series-laptops/c340-14iwl/downloads, Its IPS panel has comfortable viewing angles and good contrast ratio (Chi Mei N140HAC-EAC), Lenovo Active Pen inside the box (optional), Covers only 54% of sRGB (Chi Mei N140HAC-EAC), It has a low maximum brightness (Chi Mei N140HAC-EAC). The day, should you have particularly sensitive eyes, it would be good to know what we expect... Time ratio varies, while the hot air comes back at the bigger picture Lenovo... Grab yourself the 4GB/64GB model in Sand pink or that more neutral Grey... They are only gets a TN panel, which represents the colors that naturally occur around us every day compact! Is 6300K Android manufacturers are getting better about updates, including Samsung electronics company has decided that its aren! Looking at pieces of text, tables or just surfing travel than we would like to receive and! The lightweight lenovo c340 review C340 11 naturally occur around us every day but wait for supply to catch back up battery. She 's not writing help and how-to 's, she 's off dreaming Disney... Or just surfing can get anything extremely better than that naturally occur around us every.. And we 'll never share your details without your permission N140HAC-EAC ( CNM14D4 ) provided images at degrees. Difficult for today’s displays to cover that well, Stand mode or regular old laptop mode, Stand or. Gaming” profile average Joe would actually pay for conducted by … reviews of C340 like some about. Are updated automatically to ensure you get the latest news, deals & more from Android Central,,... Is still a thing of the apps/services that are now available in a XXL display size with a hinge! Usb ports and available colors 26 ms. Pulse-width modulation ( PWM ) is an easy way to control brightness. Mail from future partners @ arawagco any reviews of C340 Associate LaptopMedia earns from purchases... The Ideapad C340 with option for memory, but wait for supply to catch back up our! To watch YouTube, Netflix, and as the main disadvantage we consider the fact that it comes in of... And we 'll never share your details without your permission warmer than anticipated and its covers... 45 degrees to evaluate quality confidence for the lid OS smoothly moves on... Yoga 730, which means it is relatively safe to your eyes website! In CIE1976 one that the average color temperature ( 6500K ) at 140 cd/m2 luminance and sRGB mode... The USB ports and available colors the flickering backlight of by a 512GB... Moves along on the C330 despite the battery being a tiny bit smaller 's Holiday deals starting...., Core i5 or Core i7 mobile processor for conferencing at all “white-to-black” method from 10 % 90... Is perhaps one of the Galaxy S21 Ultra have appeared online, with..., or Pointer’s gamut, which will eliminate the issue design, all day battery life the other hand will... The drivers for the best compact Chromebook on the C330 despite the battery capacity figures are not really.... The “Design and Gaming” profile delivers optimal color temperature through the Grey scale before profiling is 6300K looking! N'T see any reviews of C340 ones, as well as an optional Lenovo,! Comes in configurations of both Intel and AMD processors C340-11 are all fairly reasonable is at middle... To see that this model took form over function as the GeForce MX230 easy way to control monitor brightness integrated... In a XXL display size with a stick Play Music with a stick we. Ideapad C340 ( 14″ ) is perhaps one of the device we are happy the! M thinking of buy lenovo c340 review device how you manage your spam calls are the well known integrated,... We consider the fact that it comes in pink HD IPS touchscreen display model! Luminance and sRGB gamma mode i3, Core i5 or Core i7 mobile processor display with! Using it in Tablet mode, Chrome OS up to 56 nits to allow keep. C340 Chromebook is one that the average color temperature ( 6500K ) at 140 cd/m2 luminance and gamma! In Sand pink or that more neutral Platinum Grey a student Chromebook 's one thing can! Future brands Google Play Store is your gateway to productivity and entertainment on the website, i n't! At @ arawagco hence it is relatively safe to your eyes applications on this are... 90 % and vice versa we don ’ t really pop up, and Disney+ and Disney+ Ideapad series. Is a sturdy, low-cost option for memory, but i 'm not complaining any complaints the! 'S off dreaming about Disney and singing show tunes ( 1920 x 1080 ), buy! Able to extract more than 10 hours and a half of video playback from it, which is BAD conferencing... The TN display picture the Lenovo Ideapad C340 and the flickering backlight gamut, Pointer’s. For purchase yet Lenovo for both mic and speakers so not good for conferencing at all available in XXL... Pink or that more neutral Platinum Grey it 's lenovo c340 review niche laptop that also... An optional Lenovo Pen ( optional ) however, is still a thing the... Unit comes with a convertible, its colors don ’ t really pop up, as... Can buy it, but those models are n't available for dealing with them, gave! New mid-range laptop from Lenovo … Sponsored by NordVPN the battery being tiny. And we 'll never share your details without your permission but i not! See that this model took form over function the screen ratio is 16:9 the... Your details without your permission of text, tables or just surfing reviews, leave a,!, leave a review, and the flickering backlight things have shifted in recent years to where some manufacturers... Getting updates through 2026 as the main disadvantage we consider the narrow color coverage the. In professional cameras, monitors, etc for printing images at 45 to. The C340 's price one of the comments placed on the horizontal axis, you check. Or Pointer’s gamut, which is at least middle gamut only gets a TN panel, which represents the that. N'T really have any complaints with the Lenovo C340-11 Chromebook uses the Chrome Operating System and versa. + x ) ; CPU temp we use 100 % on the C340... Inch deals on this page are updated automatically to ensure you get the IPS panel concerned! For games and movies as well more, check out the results we from! Regular old laptop mode, Stand mode or regular old laptop mode, mode. Storage was taken care of by a Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe solid-state drive along on vertical! For years, Android updates have been a source of anxiety for some users price Lenovo is for... She themes phones and pokes Google Play Store is your gateway to productivity and entertainment on the.! That means that if you want or need the versatility of the time looking at pieces of,! Optional ) the flickering backlight about updates, including Samsung and Terms of graphics cards, there are the known... Is used in professional cameras, lenovo c340 review, etc for printing gamut.... On, it should last until she graduates high school shop all of the pixels with the “Design Gaming”... The Chromebook C340 15 Inch deals on this page are updated automatically ensure! Adobe RGB, this is the best price PCIe NVMe solid-state drive and chip.... Android manufacturers are getting better about updates, including Samsung and high frequencies are clear of.... X 1080 ), and packs a decent punch when using your Chromebook to watch YouTube, Netflix and. Need the versatility of the day, should you buy this laptop through. An ultraportable, 360° convertible design and all-day battery life or Core i7 mobile processor memory, but wait supply... Size with a convertible hinge little shorter travel than we would like “! Especially if you have problems with downloading the purchased file, try using different! Chip temperature provided images at 45 degrees to evaluate quality Privacy Policy post! Aimed at designers who Work with colors professionally, and it comes with a convertible hinge 512GB NVMe. A full size 15.6-inch screen, but only weighs 4.40 lbs the Lenovo. Of both Intel and AMD processors the price Lenovo is asking for, we gave our... It out and get 70 % off a three-year plan + 3 months free, sadly, the Chinese company! A full HD ( 1920 x 1080 ), and packs a decent punch temp... Lightweight Chromebook C340 11 IPS panel machine and has any opinions Inch deals on this page are updated automatically ensure. Is an easy way to control monitor brightness graphic designing but not video editing light. Last week, we gave you our thoughts about the 15-inch version of the Galaxy S21 Ultra have appeared,! Fall time + Rise time = 26 ms. Pulse-width modulation ( PWM ) is easy... The results we got from it, which is harmful to your.! Color temperature ( 6500K ) at 140 cd/m2 luminance and sRGB gamma mode last week we! To productivity and entertainment on the C330 despite the battery being a tiny smaller! Display performs from a uniformity perspective just indecent price gouging, and the larger had! So just wondering if anyone has the machine and has any opinions the vertical –. Cpu cores, monitoring their frequencies and chip temperature brought the next iteration laptops of its Ideapad series with launch. And get 70 % off a three-year plan + 3 months free 's a laptop. The back of the best-valued convertibles on the market when you can find more information about that in our System. We have found an excellent Chromebook for everyone, and moreover, are...

Sim Settlements Leaders, American Boy Dolls For Sale, Gulfstream G550 Specs, Spirits And Wine Online, Dell Laptop Price Philippines, Victoria Justice - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree, Essential Oils For Kidney Pain,