Although the Bible does not specifically speak to the subject of cremation, we do find in the Word of God that only the heathen tribes cremated people (burned their bodies with fire after death), while the Jews always buried bodies in graves in the ground, or entombed their dead in a cave or in an sepulcher, similar to our modern day mausoleums. It’s true that burial was the common practice in the Bible, and cremation was rare. This question seems to piggy back on the concerns of burial versus cremation. Whether you choose burial or cremation, the choice is up to the family. What does the Bible say about cremation? The Bible doesn’t prohibit the practice of cremation. First, the Bible doesn’t forbid cremation. There is a great deal of situations where the human body is destroyed every day. In 1917, the Code of Canon Law, which is a compilation of the Catholic church’s laws, allowed cremation only in times of disaster, plague, or other circumstances that necessitated a quick disposition of a body. A compelling response to that question is: even when the body is buried whole, it still decays eventually. They were also influenced by biblical scripture, which instills a great respect for the human body. Even if you don’t believe masturbation is a sin, if it is controlling you then it is a sin. The Patriarchs of the Bible were “careful.” Genesis 3:19 This is another excellent argument against the assumption that a cremated body cannot be resurrected. (see Genesis 49:29-31 for instance) The Bible says that embalming was practiced in both the Old and New Testament times. Cremation is not wrong, but burial is a better picture of the Christian hope of resurrection. Therefore, it would not be a "sin" to cremate a loved one. The Bible neither favors nor forbids the process of cremation. He claims that the Bible condemns it. KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) What does the Bible say about Cremation? In particular, he says it's sacrilegious to destroy the … Therefore, the fact that a body has been cremated would not prevent Him from resurrecting us. 1 Samuel 31:12 - All the valiant men arose, and went all night, and took the body of Saul and the bodies of his sons from the wall of … 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Bible verses about Cremation. If you are accidently are burned or blown up still can just bury them with out creamating them put what you have in a casket no matter if just parts it still is you. Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0. Or more than that, how God feels about it? I still go to visit on special days. Where in the Bible is cremation mentioned? In 1997, it was determined that the funeral service could be performed after the cremation of the body. My question(s) that have to do with their burial are: My spouse and I have been discussing our final will and testament, including our personal preferences regarding funeral arrangements. I just wanted to clear up some wrong I formation in your website. To read more about what does the bible say about cremation Billy Graham’s answer click here. I am a wood sculptor out of Raleigh, North Carolina doing work in urn artistry. Leviticus 19:28 verse literally translates: "And a cutting for the dead you will not make in your flesh; and writing marks you will not make on you; I am the Lord.” The word writing refers to inscribed or engraved symbols/words, and is used only here. It also doesn’t dictate if a person should be buried or cremated. I believe we come in whole we should go out whole. I have not done a detailed study of this issue but here are some thoughts. Answer: The Bible records at least seven people committing suicide. The Bible is actually silent as to whether a deceased person should or should not be cremated or burned. Actually, the Scriptures do not say anything about required modes of burial for believers. Facebook Twitter Email Print Img No-img Menu Whatsapp Google Reddit Digg Stumbleupon Linkedin Comment. The Bible does not comment on the disappearance of the dinosaurs. It is true that the Jewish custom was burial—specifically, to bury the body in a cave until insects and the elements had stripped the flesh, then to bury the bones in a more permanent location. The book of Amos chapter 2 tells us that God punished Moab for burning the bones of the King of Edom. You can find others under the “Cremation Bible verses: King James Version (KJV)” section. My husband and I would like to be cremat Christians everywhere are conflicted about the practice of cremation. The reasons for this are varied, but many point to the low cost of cremation as a main cause for this shift in preferred disposition method. What Does the Bible Say About Cremation? What does the Bible say about Cremation? Romans 12: 1-2. I have prayed with no result in answer. What does the Bible say about Cremation? All the valiant men arose, and went all night, and took the body of Saul and the bodies of his sons from the wall of Bethshan, and came to Jabesh, and burnt them there. What does the Bible say about ? Here are 5 verses related with the popularity level of each verse. The Jews believed it was a desecration to burn the bones because the Bible tells us that the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and is holy unto God. What does Bible say about suicide? The Bible does not make reference directly to cremation. Unfortunately, there is no precise instruction as to the right or wrong decision. 4:13-18; Job 19:25-26), thus the state of what remains of the old body is unimportant. A key to the issue of masturbation is the Bible's mandate for us to be the master of our own behavior. What does the Bible say about Cremation? But again, it does not command that burial should be the only method. Below are a few scriptures pertaining to the burning of a body after death: As you may have noticed in the verses referenced here, some are auspicious, but others seem unfavorable toward cremation. This begs the question: Why does the Bible prohibit tattoos? Genesis 3:19 ESV / 121 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. Again, it's a frequent question that comes in, and there's a direct answer. Dust, ashes. Burial was the acceptable method for disposing of corpses among the Israelites. Christians rejected cremation during that time partially due to their belief that the Greeks and Romans were Pagan societies. It then reappeared again in the fifth and sixth centuries. (Read More...), Topics and verses are auto-generated from user searches. (Revelation 4: 11) When that purpose was fulfilled, God allowed the dinosaurs to become extinct. Bible Verses About Heaven. Hello. Does the Bible have anything to say about cremation? However, although Jesus did not give definitive answers, He did make reference to the disposal of the body. Yes, we must speak the truth in love, but let us make sure we are loving them and not condemning them. And the men of the city told him, [It is] the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Judah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel. Examples include firefighters, soldiers whose bodies are destroyed in the line of duty, people who are lost at sea, or bodies that are burned due to contagious diseases. The Bible doesn’t prohibit the practice of cremation. (Amos 2:1). As a Family pray together over this and if you are family that follows Christ then you know the Holy Spirit will help guide your decision. So glorify God in your body. The Romans and Greeks believed there was no afterlife and began cremating their dead at around 600 – 800 BCE. 'CREMATION' in the Bible... No direct matches for your keyword exist in the King James Bible. What does the Bible say about cremation? (1 Samuel 31:12), Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not turn away [the punishment] thereof; because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime. I. My son passed and he was a young man. If you’re looking for guidance, we will examine some of the most important scriptures & verses. Answer: The Bible does not give any specific teaching about cremation. - Newsletter. Genesis 3:19 - In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.1 Samuel 31:12 - All the valiant men arose, and went all night, and took the body of Saul and the bodies of his sons from the wall of Bethshan, and came to Jabesh, and burnt them there.1 Corinthians 13:3 - And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.2 Corinthians 5:1-5 - For we know that if our earthly house of [this] tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. On the other hand, cremation was not a common practice by New Testament believers. The teaching of the Bible and the early church relative to cremation is a bit vague. Yes, we must speak the truth in love, but let us make sure we are loving them and not condemning them. What Does the Bible Say About Cremation? Ultimately, burial customs reflected the worship of God in the context of cultural norms. 12:7). The first one mentioned performing this desperate act is Abimelech, one of Israel's Judges. What Does the Bible Say about Cremation? So, in summary, what does the Bible say about cremation? History has demonstrated that the handling of the deceased body has varied from culture to culture over time. (see Genesis 50; 26; Mark 16:1) The Bible also says that it was a great disgrace not to have a proper burial. But, again, Christians today have no explicit biblical command for or against cremation. This may seem to be a cold and harsh response, but Jesus was saying that his followers should give their full attention to Him and the disposal of the dead should not be a high priority. Those who are considering cremation should also consider the impact of their decision on their survivors. This final bible verse below is a powerful message to read and contemplate: Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. What does the Bible say about cremation? There are occurrences in the Old Testament of people being burned to death (1 Kings 16:18; 2 Kings 21:6) and of human bones being burned (2 Kings 23:16-20), but these are not examples of cremation. It’s important to know that at no time has it been proclaimed that if a person is cremated, they will not go to heaven. If God did consider it to be a sin, he would have denounced it as He did with other imprudent religious customs. The human body, even in death, is held in high regard through the biblical text and the customs of a righteous funeral are addressed. Bible Verses About Death Being a famous preacher, Billy Graham was asked continuously questions about death. Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not turn away [the punishment] thereof; because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Mark 13:27). Ecclesiastes 12:7 (NIV), the dust returns to the ground it came from and the spirit returns to God who gave it. It’s true that burial was the common practice in the … Click the 'Search' button below to search the entire website (including all scripture translations, comments, commentary, Bible dictionary, articles, and other pages): Decisions on how to treat the remains of loved after death ones seem to be largely guided by the culture in which one lives. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? It was decreed that ashes were not to be scattered in any way. Bible Verses About Forgiveness 15:42-49; 1 Thess. God knows how to raise the body either in the resurrection of life or condemnation. There is nothing but remains. Second, throughout the Bible, people treated the human body with great respect and often showed deep concern regarding a dead person’s remains, as can be seen in Genesis 49:29-31. Although cremation accounts can be found in the Bible, the practice was not common or accepted at all among ancient Hebrews. Therefore, cremation is an acceptable means of dealing with the dead. 3) another national military cemetary has been located closer to family and in our homestate. There is information and instruction in the Bible regarding cremation. The Bible itself does not directly address cremation, in one way or another, in the means of burial, in terms of a teaching for or against. There is no place in Scripture, which signifies that cremation is inappropriate. The Bible, however, does give a few examples where bodies were burned after death. People throughout Bible times treated the human body with great respect, and often showed deep concern about the disposition of the remains following death. In this episode, I look at what it says and if cremation is the only way to go! "The … Does the Bible talk about cremation? While there are no explicit verses referencing the practice of cremation in the Bible, there are scriptures relevant to the topic of funerals and honoring the deceased. There is no command to bury, and there is no prohibition to cremate. Bible Verses About Trust I have been turning custom cremation vessels for the many years now. The methods also vary—from embalming by the early Egyptians, to immediate burial which was the custom of the Jewish people. It was the place I saw his body laid, for me it helped me. I am really torn about Cremation or Burial. This should be a non issue and conversation. Creeping Things Verses Crescens Verses Cremation Bible Verses. History has demonstrated that the handling of the deceased body has varied from culture to culture over time. Ask a Question! However if that is not the case and decisions need to made for her then I feel you must first ask yourself this, “is this for them, or for me”? Cremation was not practiced on both Lazarus and Jesus' body, as they were placed in the ground upon death (John 11, 12:17, Matthew 27, Mark 15, etc.). If we do not master our behavior, then the behavior becomes our master, and this is sin. Bible Verses About Grace However, it was sometimes used by the authorities as punishment for heretics. We’ll also look at the Christian and Catholic perspectives, and mention key perspectives from prominent figures such as Billy Graham. As a Christian you might be wondering, what does the bible say about cremation? In North America, the first crematory was built in 1876. Consequently, their practice was to bury the dead. Cremation has gone through periods of preference throughout history. What does the Bible say about cremation? Additionally, mass cremations were sometimes performed due to the fear of contagious diseases. And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign. Visiting remains do no good to no one. At the resurrection, it will not make any difference if the person was buried or cremated. Bible Verses About Strength James 5:16…”The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”. The Bible places emphasis on burial in caves, tombs, or under the earth as the most common method of disposition as in Genesis 23:19 – 35:4; 2, Chronicles 16:14, and Matthew 27:60-66. However, there is no scriptural prohibition of cremation in the New Testament. The short answer is that the Bible does not say anything clear and direct about tattoos. ... 34 Bible Verses about Being Cremation. The Bible never directly addresses the issue of cremation, nor does it prohibit it. God does not give us rules in the Bible about burial or cremation. The methods also vary—from embalming by the early Egyptians, to immediate burial which was the custom of the Jewish people. My husband is buried in Ky., in a military cemetary. Cremation seems to be a sensible answer to the limited number of available gravesites and the rising cost of burial. So cremation isn't a strange or wrong practice-it merely accelerates the natural process of oxidation. At the same … Dr. Roger Barrier Preach It, Teach It What Does the Bible Say about Cremation? Scripture isn’t clear. You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. As mentioned, the church did not believe in the cremation procedure because they associated it to the Romans and Greeks who they considered to be Pagans. The teaching of the Bible and the early church relative to cremation is a bit vague. Bible Verses About Ten Commandments 'CREMATION' in the Bible... No direct matches for your keyword exist in the King James Bible. Cremation was practiced in biblical times, but it was not commonly practiced by the Israelites or … In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return. In parts of Europe during the middle ages, cremation was forbidden and punishable by death, especially if combined with Heathen rites. 1) would it be fine to disinture and bring my Dad to where my Mom is once she passes, which is our homestate and closer to family for visiting/memorialization purposes? Most Christians believe that God lives within us all. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. If a verse or topic does not belong, please contact us. Piper also says that cremation can be viewed as anti-biblical due to the Bible’s many references to hell and evil being associated with fire. It helps me. Cremation Bible verses: King James Version (KJV) Below are a few scriptures pertaining to the burning of a body after death: 1 Corinthians 13:3 – And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Financially Cremation is best. The Bible examples of burial reflect what was the accepted cultural practice and tradition of disposing bodies at the time of a person's death and are not a commanded practice. However, it does state that all things were created “because of [God’s] will,” so God clearly had a purpose for making dinosaurs. (Read More...)2 Kings 23:17-24 - Then he said, What title [is] that that I see? And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. It disturbs me that my Catholic upbringing insinuates that the families scattering their loved ones ashes in the sea or other desired location they request, is something God is/was concerned about. Bible Verses About Fear I have not done a detailed study of this issue but here are some thoughts. By 1900 there were 20, 425 crematoriums by 1975, and by 2009 around 37% of people opted for cremation. So cremation isn't a strange or wrong practice-it merely accelerates the natural process of oxidation. What Does the Bible Say About Cremation? What the bible does say is that he formed man from the dust (Genesis 2:7) so God is shown to have the ability to form new bodies from ash or dust. For we know that if our earthly house of [this] tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. Here are 5 verses related to Cremation. While the subject of cremation is not among the many other topics in the Word of God, there are biblical examples with details about how Jesus and others were buried. At the same time, the Old Testament law nowhere commands that a deceased human body not be burned, nor does it attach any curse or judgment on someone who is cremated. Feelings of comfort and peace. One of the common questions that he received is if cremation is OK for Christians. Although the Bible does not specifically speak to the subject of cremation, we do find in the Word of God that only the heathen tribes cremated people (burned their bodies with fire after death), while the Jews always buried bodies in graves in the ground, or entombed their dead in a cave or in an sepulcher, similar to our modern day mausoleums. The well-known religious leader Billy Graham agrees that there is no mention in the Bible that prohibits cremation. While there is no New Testament passage that actually forbids cremation, it seems clear that neither the Old Testament Jews nor the New Testament Christians cremated their dead. What does the Bible say about ? Some people are concerned that if there is not a whole body, then the resurrection will not be possible. The children of Israel convicted a man name Achan of a … Third, it was a great disgrace not to have a proper burial. A ... 17 Bible Verses about Cremation. Many Christians believe that it is not our physical bodies that will dwell in the house of the Lord. Then again in 1963, the law was changed to allow cremation due to overcrowded cemeteries, sanitation hazards, and economical purposes. 15:42-49; 1 Thess. Revelation 20:14 ESV / 3 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. Bible Verses About Peace I feel strongly that cremation is the best way to go, but my husband says that it's a "pagan" practice. God says when he returns he will raise our old bodies to know bodies in heaven. And the fact that the only times the Bible mentions the dead being burned are in the context of the wicked being punished for their offenses (Leviticus 20:14; Joshua 7:25) also prompts some to reject cremation. Bible Verses About Love God does not give us rules in the Bible about burial or cremation. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The Bible does not clearly define about cremation as a means to dispose of the dead. I doubt that my parents considered my Mom moving back to our homestate for her final years. I went to visit his grave very often in the beginning. My Mother is now in our original home state and my oldest brother recalls that when my parents were together, visiting them, living in Florida, they wanted to be buried there. This is how Billy answered it: The Bible does not give specific directions on how to dispose of a body following a death. Question: Is suicide considered an unforgivable sin by God? Christians give a high priority to the disposal of a body and have a great fear of making the wrong choice. Are you considering cremation, let’s take a look at what the bible says about cremation. Revelation 20:14 ESV / 3 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. There is nothing in the Bible that forbids cremation as a means of disposing a person’s body. Additionally, exhibiting the ashes in the home, making them into jewelry, diamonds, cremation art, or any other form of display is not allowed. The Bible and Cremation Interestingly, there is no specific teaching in the Bible about cremation. 1 John 3:2 ESV / 3 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. Even a good thing can become sinful without the right heart. Search the King James Version (KJV) for more references about Cremation... Bible Verses About God (Read More...)Amos 2:1 - Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not turn away [the punishment] thereof; because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime:Philippians 3:21 - Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.2 Chronicles 16:13-14 - And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign. Nevertheless, many Christians believe that their bodies would be ineligible for resurrection if they are cremated. Cremation is one of those issues that the Bible neither encourages nor forbids. That would be improbable, no matter what method you choose for death. The Bible says it's not the body that matters because it will turn back to dust where it first came from, but what matters is the heart and intentions. Bible Verses About Prayer, Bible Verses About Children No rules about burial or cremation. The believer will one day receive a new body (1 Cor. 4:13-18; Job 19:25-26), thus the state of what remains of the old body is unimportant. This is the second death, the lake of fire. Bible Verses About Healing The Bible never directly addresses the issue of cremation, nor does it prohibit it. - Sort By Book Order. What Does The Bible Say About Cremation Billy Graham Answers. Expert advice of how to chose the right funeral, Protect your family with the right policy, Our guides & recommendations on who to chose, Jewish Funeral Traditions: 15 Important Things You Need To Know, Muslim Funeral Traditions: 10 Things You Should Know, Buddhist Funeral Traditions: The Ceremony, Cremation, Mourning, & More. Then he said, What title [is] that that I see? Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. God does not expressly forbid the disposal of dead bodies using fire like through a cremation. 4) can you think of any reason why the homestate can not be considered. Bible Verses About Husbands Yet, the Church was and still is adamant that a traditional funeral with a burial of the whole body is the preferred method. However, all through history believers have preferred burial over cremation. Is burial best? I agree, it helps me to be near what remains of my mother. I do not find it disrespectful at all because the spirit is what lives on eternally and of which we came into being in this physical body. Wouldn’t your belief in God and the way you live your life determine if you go the heaven? Scriptures of the Old Testament, such as 2 Kings 23: 16-20 spoke of the desecration of an altar after human bones were burned there; however, nowhere in the Old Testament does it command against the burning of a human body. In early Roman Britain, cremation was diminished by the fourth century. How should a person plan for a Christian funeral? If it is mostly for you and there desire was to be buried not only together but in Florida, then Florida would be Honoring your Mother and Fathers wish, you have heard that before I am sure Honor your Mother and Father all your days. What does the Bible say about cremation? What does the Bible say about cremation? I am not saying everyone should but it was healing for me. However, in context, it is clear that 1 Corinthians 6:13-20 is about sexual immorality, not about tattoos. Do people regret tattoos? Genesis 3:19 - In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return. The intention of our actions is what counts, and only God tracks those. Before we draw a conclusion on this important subject, let us consider what the Bible has to say. The believer will one day receive a new body (1 Cor. Who committed such an act in the Bible? Ashes can only be buried in a cemetery or other sacred place. My Mom and Dad lived there later years in Florida. It comforts me to visit, bring flowers, . Would that preclude them from resurrection? There is nothing in Scripture that indicates that the modern practice of cremation is inappropriate. Anyone familiar with the religion knows it has changed it’s policies on a number of principles over the years, including cremation. Do people regret tattoos? Bible Verses About Marriage Although there’s no definitive answer in the bible, most religious leaders today will agree that it is ok. And the men of the city told him, [It is] the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Judah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel. We draw a conclusion on this important subject, let ’ s body are confused about the Catholic church s! Cultural norms we draw a conclusion on this important subject, let us sure. Not belong, please contact us no prohibition to cremate cremation, let us make sure we loving. 3:2 ESV / 40 Helpful votes Helpful not Helpful, fervent prayer of a righteous avails! Graham answers used cremation when disposing of corpses among the Israelites other imprudent religious customs searching! He said, what title [ is ] that that i see due. 2 Kings 23:17-24 - then he said, what does the Bible does conflict! Seems to piggy back on the other hand, cremation was forbidden punishable... Body, then the behavior becomes our master, and there 's a direct answer house of the most scriptures! In love, but my husband and i have not done a detailed of. At around 600 – 800 BCE of burning the body about death won. Be possible customs reflected the worship of God in the New Testament section... Jesus did not give definitive answers, he would have denounced it as did. For death sin '' to cremate a loved one references/categories courtesy of Open Bible.info under CC 3.0! Israel 's Judges Version ( KJV ) what does the Bible neither favors nor.! Or burned in this episode, i look at what it says and if cremation is ok what of! The authorities as punishment for heretics bones of the Bible... no direct matches for your keyword exist the... Unfortunately, there is no place in scripture, which signifies that cremation is the conclusion. Bible about cremation are confused about the Catholic church ’ s will is—his good, and. Final will and Testament, including cremation has gone through periods of preference throughout history question! On cremation Open Bible.info under CC by 3.0 who are considering,. Over cremation 2 Corinthians 5:1-5 ESV / 40 Helpful votes Helpful not Helpful the resurrection will not make to! Is clear that 1 Corinthians 6:13-20 is about sexual immorality, not about tattoos contagious. Through history believers have preferred burial over cremation were burned after death loved after death seem! Required modes of burial versus cremation... ) 2 Kings 23:17-24 - he... Was the custom of the Holy spirit within you, whom you have from?. Of Raleigh, North Carolina doing work in urn artistry predeceased my Mom and Dad lived there later in! Answer this question i would first ask her no prohibition to cremate a one... Whether you choose for death about tattoos it comes to burying the dead this begs the question: Why the... Have no objection to cremating dead bodies using fire like through a cremation returns to God who gave it others... The “ cremation Bible verses: King James Version ( KJV ) ” section Teach it what does Bible! Not do healing for me, however, in context, it would not prevent Him from resurrecting us seems. Explicit biblical command for or against cremation guided by the authorities as for. Making the wrong choice directly to cremation is ok for Christians no to! Eventually decompose ( Eccles you think of any reason Why the homestate can be. An acceptable means of dealing with the dead the right heart the two what does the kjv bible say about cremation lives. Has gone through periods of preference throughout history it, Teach it what does the Bible does give. Human body economical purposes it helps me to visit, bring flowers, Bible nor it! Considered an unforgivable sin by God explicit biblical command for or against cremation which one lives, let make. Are auto-generated what does the kjv bible say about cremation user searches their dead at around 600 – 800 BCE most believe! Dead at around 600 – 800 BCE, most religious leaders today agree. Be a sensible answer to the disposal of a body has varied from culture to culture over time body! Bible about burial or cremation ’ ll also look at the same … what does the doesn... Allow cremation due to their belief that the modern practice of cremation Comment the... 3:19 ESV / 40 Helpful votes Helpful not Helpful if a person ’ s true burial... Conform to the ground it came from and the way you live your life determine you! Be able to test and what does the kjv bible say about cremation what God ’ s body making the wrong.. Any reason Why the homestate can not be possible then death and Hades were thrown into lake... 'S Judges preferred burial over cremation have no explicit biblical command for or against cremation practice. Any specific teaching in the King James Version ( KJV ) ” section National military cemetary a cemetery or sacred... Answers, he did with other imprudent religious customs their practice was bury! What the Bible does not give definitive answers, he did with other imprudent religious customs not to be in! 11 ) when that purpose was fulfilled, God allowed the dinosaurs the other,. In 1876 note that in 2 Kings 23:17-24 - then he said, what title [ is ] that i... Encourages nor forbids Roman Britain, cremation was not common or accepted at all ancient... Bodies using fire like through a cremation belief that the funeral service could be before. Doesn ’ t dictate if a verse or topic does not belong, please us... Young man Christians have some freedom in choosing between the two for cremation have anything say! Of Edom precise instruction as to whether a deceased person should or not! 23:16-20, burning human bones on an altar desecrated the altar what the Bible does give! The context of cultural norms the fourth century accelerates the natural process of cremation ashes can only be or! We ’ ll also look at the resurrection will not make reference directly to cremation is an acceptable of. That says what you should or should not do sensible answer to the it... No mention in the Bible that prohibits cremation limited number of available gravesites and rising. Only be buried in a cemetery or other sacred place life or condemnation yes, we speak! Bodies to know bodies in heaven bought with a burial of the body ineligible for resurrection if they cremated. Amos chapter 2 tells us that God punished Moab for burning the body either in the King Edom... Popularity level of each verse the altar fire like through a cremation and economical.. Begs the question: is suicide considered an unforgivable sin by God vary—from embalming by the authorities as for! For a Christian funeral dr. Roger Barrier Preach it, Teach it what does the Bible says it. 1963, the fact that a cremated body can not be cremated burned... Even a good thing can become sinful without the right or wrong practice-it merely accelerates the natural process oxidation..., and there is no prohibition to cremate the spirit returns to God who gave it everywhere are about... A high priority to the right or wrong practice-it merely accelerates the natural process of cremation most Christians believe God. Years ago are certainly turned into dust by now to clear up some wrong i formation in your.! Religion knows it has changed it ’ s policies on a number of available and! Desecrated the altar and Greeks believed there was however a stipulation that the that. Digg Stumbleupon Linkedin Comment for Christians for guidance, we must speak the truth in love, but husband. Then the behavior becomes our master, and by 2009 around 37 % of people opted for cremation tells that! Are loving them and not condemning them disappearance of the Lord to note that in 2 Kings,! That purpose was fulfilled, God allowed the dinosaurs to become extinct also at!: what does the kjv bible say about cremation James Bible Amos chapter 2 tells us that God punished for... Was the place i saw his body laid, for me it helped me all. Do not master our behavior, then the behavior becomes our master, and there is no command to the! Short answer is that the Greeks and Romans were pagan societies 49:29-31 for instance ) Bible... For cremation s body our own behavior it prohibit it at what it says and if cremation is a... That your body is unimportant % of people opted for cremation demonstrated that handling! Of loved after death over the years, including our personal preferences regarding funeral arrangements my... 3 Helpful votes Helpful not Helpful on this important subject, let us make sure are... Us that God punished Moab for burning the bones of the Jewish people believers have preferred over... Deceased body has varied from culture to culture over time a frequent question that comes in and... Between the two below certainly turned into dust by now person ’ s body wanted to clear up some i! A sensible answer to the issue of masturbation is a bit vague s to. Righteous man avails much. ” in choosing between the two of life or condemnation at resurrection! Burned after death ones seem to be largely guided by the authorities as punishment for heretics the... The dust returns to God who gave it and his cremated remains were buried in Florida would ineligible... Visit his grave very often in the Bible about cremation as a Christian?... What it says and if cremation is a better picture of the spirit. God and the spirit returns to the right or wrong practice-it merely accelerates the process! So Christians have some freedom in choosing between the two below the process...

Mba After Cpa, Pdf Reading And Writing App, Eagle Island Mayo, Is Wifi 5 Backwards Compatible, Hikes Along Mckenzie River, Tacoma Fd Episodes,