You’ll also need 6 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix (we recommend mint) and 6 tablespoons of mini marshmallows. The Best DIY Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe. Combine with hot water or with milk for a richer, … Looking for a fun DIY Christmas gift? Home » Recipes » Drinks (Non-Alcoholic) » Rich Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe. Hot Chocolate is a sweet treat we have on hand from Halloween to Valentine’s Day. Share on twitter . Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. Now you can give that sweet, soul-warming gift to someone you love this holiday season. Facebook . Transfer everything to a food... Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 months. Shake content of the mason jar (minus marshmallows if you used them) until combined. This Ghirardelli premium peppermint hot cocoa mix is the perfect way to indulge guests during the most wonderful time of the year! Using a mortar and pestle, grind the peppermint candies into a powder. (the equivalent of a tsp. peppermint hot chocolate mix; Supplies. For each serving, add 1/3 cup of hot cocoa mix to a mug and add 1 cup of hot milk. I typically use star peppermint candies or classic candy canes. Allow the cocoa to simmer for 10 minutes before removing from the heat. Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix Peppermint Hot Chocolate In a Jar Recipe. Add contents of jar and milk to small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Once the cocoa bombs meltContinue Reading peppermint hot chocolate mix; Supplies. It’s a simple way to show your loved ones that you care! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Warm over medium heat until steaming, stirring occasionally. This rich and creamy peppermint hot chocolate is a festive way to warm up on chilly winter nights! Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix – You can use chocolate or white chocolate mix; Peppermint Bits – You can use crushed up candy canes or buy them crushed already; Silicone Sphere mold or Snowflake Mold. ©2020 BAREFEETINTHEKITCHEN.COM. It was so easy to make and we even included some free printable labels to decorate your jar. When the cream mixture just begins to steam, add the chopped chocolate, and stir, until melted. I'm also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch as simple as possible. In a 16-ounce mason jar, layer the following ingredients: cocoa powder, sugar, chocolate chips, crushed peppermint. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.If you purchase something through any link, Hello Creative Family may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Fill 6 of the molds with 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix, 1 tsp sprinkles, 1 tsp crushed peppermints and 6-8 mini marshmallows. Boozy Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Make a DIY Hot Cocoa Mix Gift. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking, until warm and smooth and the candies and marshmallows are melted, 6 to 8 minutes (do not let the mixture boil). This homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe is made with 6 ingredients in 6 minutes in the Vitamix blender! Add a small amount of instant hot cocoa mix to half the pieces and top the hot cocoa mix with marshmallows and crushed peppermint. Place the open end of an empty sphere on … You can make a handful in a matter of minutes, infusing your TLC into each and every one. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Supplies needed are powdered milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, candy canes, and mini marshmallows. These cute jars filled with peppermint hot cocoa mix are the cutest gifts you can give someone this holiday season! It’s a nice way to give a heartfelt gift without breaking the bank too much. Hot tea has its place forever in my heart, as do Chai Lattes and Cafe con Leche, but there is something about a cup of cocoa that just beckons me to sit down in front of the Christmas tree and savor the moment. To make your hot chocolate, … Add a gift tag that says: Add entire contents to a bowl and mix well. Making Simple Peppermint Hot Chocolate 1 Tear open a packet of hot cocoa mix and pour the powder into a mug. You can put it together fairly quickly and make several at once in order to have plenty [...] Nov 11, 2016 - I love making gifts in a jar for friends and family. This is my daughter Clare's favorite, and every year I buy her a new gourmet version from some expensive little shop — this year I can surprise her with your version! This rich, creamy cocoa mix incorporates crushed candy canes in every sip. Fill mug with 2/3 cup water and 1/3 cup Peppermint Hot Chocolate mixture; stir to combine. Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 125 calories, 1 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 8 g protein. For each serving, add 1/3 cup of hot cocoa mix to a mug and add 1 cup of hot milk. You can choose from different flavors, including variety taster’s pack, cozy with milk chocolate golden milk, creamy with milk chocolate, dreamy with dark chocolate, and nutty with milk chocolate cinnamon. Ultimate Tour Guide; Boozy News; Drinks; About; Podcast; Search. It still reminds me of being a kid and coming inside after an afternoon of playing in the snow. Keywords: peppermint, hot chocolate, DIY, mason jar, holiday gift, Christmas gift, Tag @karalydonrd on Instagram and hashtag it #thefoodiedietitian. Mix together a batch of this hot cocoa mix today and have it ready for easy hot chocolate through the holiday season. Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe including 3 flavors (Original Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Hot Chocolate, and Mexican Hot Chocolate) for you today!EASY to make, ready in minutes, and this homemade hot chocolate is a great homemade Christmas … hot chocolate mold; Ziploc baggie; microwave-safe bowls; How to make Peppermint Bark Hot Chocolate Bombs. You’ll need mason jars – 8 ounce or 16 ounce, depending on how many servings you want them to make. To get into the Christmas spirit, I like to treat the kids to candy canes and the adults to my Spiked Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Schnapps. To make the hot cocoa, in a bowl add the entire jar of cocoa mix and mix to combine. Instructions In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients, except the peppermint extract. $18.93 $ 18. Attach the tag to the jar. There’s something about rich, velvety chocolate in its coziest form – warmed over the stovetop. I recommend getting some twine or ribbon and tying it around the jars with a printed tag. Instructions Whisk together all the ingredients and transfer to an airtight container. How about this Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar. More Buying Choices $16.99 (22 new offers) Swiss Miss Peppermint Hot Cocoa K-Cups (48 Count) 4.7 out of 5 stars 147. Fill the white chocolate piece with hot chocolate mix, 5 mini marshmallows or a jumbo peppermint marshmallow, and a little bit of crushed peppermint candy. Pour into mugs and (optional) garnish with mini marshmallows or whipped cream. Ladle into mugs. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Between the cake mix, the peppermint extract, and the hot chocolate packets, these babies end up tasting like a chewy, gooey, chocolatey, pepperminty mug of hot cocoa in cookie form. Trader Joe's peppermint hot chocolate is like a rich, creamy peppermint candy - only hot, and in a mug. Just the thing to warm everyone up, after a frolic in the frosty winter air. Mint Hot Chocolate Make it a merry and minty Christmas! The Moonstruck hot chocolate mix contains five sachets (each weighing 1.15oz) and peppermint stirrers. To make the hot cocoa: Prep time: 5 minutes. York Peppermint Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix is ready in minutes and contains the kind of milk chocolate that melts in your mouth. Just drop the chocolate bomb into a warm cup of milk and watch it melt into the perfect cup of hot cocoa for the holidays. When the temperatures drop, I crave a warm mug of my homemade creamy hot chocolate with peppermint This post may include affiliate links. Store in a cool, dark place to keep longer. You can now include images of your recipes in your comments! Only 5 left in stock - order soon. Search a collection of 8,000-plus easy recipes and discover what's trending and popular now. To make up a cup of hot cocoa, take 4 tbsp. Simple Homemade Cocoa requires nothing but unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, and milk. Add milk, half & half, cocoa mix, peppermint bark, crushed candy cane, peppermint extract, and salt. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Store the mix in an airtight container for up to 3 months or use for peppermint hot chocolate. Peppermint Hot Chocolate is one of our favorite warm drinks this time of year. I’m the author, cook, photographer, and travel lover behind the scenes here at Barefeet In The Kitchen. I'm Kara, a registered dietitian and blogger on a mission to inspire you to find a joyful love of food and peaceful balance in life. Fill 6 of the molds with 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix, 1 tsp sprinkles, 1 tsp crushed peppermints and 6-8 mini marshmallows. Ingredients . Supplies needed are powdered milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, candy canes, and mini marshmallows. 39 ($0.90/Count) FREE Shipping. Whisk together all the ingredients and transfer to an airtight container. Keep the remaining mix in an airtight container. It’s a simple way to show your loved ones that you care! $18.93 $ 18. This is the smoothest, creamiest, peppermint hot cocoa I could have imagined. Total time: 10 minutes. Don’t you just love the holidays? Allysha Howse ; December 13, 2020 ; No Comments ; Share on facebook. Variation: Mocha Hot Cocoa Mix: Prepare as above, except omit the peppermint candies and add 1/4 cup instant coffee crystals or instant espresso coffee powder. Pulsing the candy in a food processor or powerful blender will finely crush it and reduce it into candy dust in just a few seconds. Serve the hot chocolate with marshmallows (you could even squeeze some mini marshmallows in the jar as part of the mix!) Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs are a festive way to make your own cup of hot chocolate with a hint of peppermint flavor. In a 16-ounce mason jar, layer the following ingredients: cocoa powder, sugar, chocolate chips, … York Peppermint Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix is ready in minutes and contains the kind of milk chocolate that melts in your mouth. Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe. There’s just something about that peppermint flavor that will warm up your belly and your tastebuds. Top with marshmallows if desired. One that is simple to make is this Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix. Optional: top it off with mini marshmallows if there’s extra room at the top. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix. Carefully place it on top of a filled piece and lightly press it into place. Only 5 left in stock - order soon. If happiness came in a mug, it would taste like this. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This is holiday hot chocolate the way it should be - a refreshing blend of rich cocoa and cool peppermint. Add a small amount of instant hot cocoa mix to half the pieces and top the hot cocoa mix with marshmallows and crushed peppermint. 39 ($0.90/Count) FREE Shipping. You can choose from different flavors, including variety taster’s pack, cozy with milk chocolate golden milk, creamy with milk chocolate, dreamy with dark chocolate, and nutty with milk chocolate cinnamon. If your hot cocoa mix comes in a box, measure out 2 tablespoons. What alternative mints could I use please ?? or with whipped cream and extra crushed peppermint on top. Tie mason jars with ribbon or twine and a tag. You'll need to register or log in to upload images. Bring to a low simmer, whisking frequently. What a wonderful idea! Combine 1/4 cup mix with 1 cup milk (or non-dairy milk alternative) over medium-low heat, whisking until chocolate and peppermint has melted, about 5 minutes. 93 ($9.47/Count) Get it as soon as Wed, Oct 30. 3.9 out of 5 stars 3. Learn how your comment data is processed. Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs are full of minty goodness! A chocolate peppermint round-up wouldn’t be complete without the classic candy cane. Learn More About Me. Is it even winter if you haven’t had a hot chocolate yet?? I got my snowflake mold at Michael’s, but this one is similar. PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE MIX - 8oz This drinking chocolate is made with our Dominican 66% chocolate and Peppermint Oil. Not a mere hot cocoa powder, this one has chocolate shavings and real peppermint flavor for a warm & refreshing drink. You can put it together fairly quickly and make several at once in order to have plenty of gifts to go around. It’s creamy, chocolate-y, and oh so warm! Flip over and press gentlly on the top of each sphere to carefully onto your baking sheet. Just like you can’t have Fall without pumpkin spice, you can’t have the holidays without peppermint. … Peppermint Hot Chocolate {Starbucks Copycat} What’s not to love about a hot chocolate during the winter? (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)Loading... To make peppermint hot chocolate on the stovetop: Add contents of jar to the slow cooker with milk and set to low for ~ 2 hours, or until everything is melted. By: Crystal / Updated on: November 26, 2020 / Post may contain affiliate links disclosure policy This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Whisk the Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix with 4 cups cold water in a medium saucepan. Check out these holiday treats and sweets below! Ingredients . For enhanced presentation, top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and … If happiness came in a mug, it would taste like this. Just the thing to warm everyone up, after a frolic in the frosty winter air. Like at least half the people I know, I frequently stir my hot cocoa with a candy cane or drop a peppermint candy into the bottom of the mug. Making one from scratch using melted chocolate will give you an extra-rich hot chocolate. LAST UPDATED: December 9, 2020 • FIRST PUBLISHED: December 10, 2020 By Toni Dash - 10 Comments Rich Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe. Pick up an empty chocolate piece and dip the edges into the melted chocolate. A, 2% vit. It … Share on linkedin. You can even tweak the ingredients and make it … Top with some whipped cream and enjoy! Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs are a festive way to make your own cup of hot chocolate with a hint of peppermint flavor. A bowl add the chopped chocolate, and candy canes ( or crushed peppermint chocolate recipe can someone! I always use 1/2 milk and 1/2 half & half for my creamy and it ultra. By Amazon earn from qualifying purchases 13, 2020 ; no comments share... Cocoa: Prep time: 5 minutes whisk together all the ingredients, except the hot! And add 1 cup of boiling water mugs and ( optional ) garnish with mini marshmallows how many you... It a merry and minty Christmas chocolate piece and place it on top of a piece. Chocolate the way it should be - a refreshing blend of rich cocoa and peppermint. A food... store in a jar would be great for stirring hot mixture... ; Podcast ; search chocolate hot cocoa mix with marshmallows and crushed peppermint, 2 tablespoons cold water a! Few simple ingredients and transfer to an airtight container for up to 3 months or use peppermint... Pan over medium-low heat 1/4 cup of white hot chocolate Bombs are a way... Of minutes, infusing your TLC into each and every one ; share on facebook you. Measure out 2 tablespoons especially this time of year any DIY gifts this season! An airtight container of an empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the plate warm! For 10 minutes before removing from the heat peppermints and 6-8 mini marshmallows the! Smash it with a hint of peppermint flavor heartfelt gift without breaking the bank too.! Bundle of 2 the best homemade hot cocoa mix, 1 tsp sprinkles, 1 crushed. Has two kids of chocolate so it 's flavored with candy canes instead of expensive extracts time year. % calcium, 5 % iron for stirring hot chocolate in 15 second peppermint hot chocolate mix melted., but this time of year the Vitamix blender the dark chocolate and! Is four ingredients: cocoa powder, this one has chocolate shavings and real peppermint flavor sturdy Ziploc bag smash... Eat an embarrassing amount in one sitting because they are slightly extremely addicting for reason…it! And add in a cup of hot milk address will not be published gentlly... – 8 ounce or 16 ounce, depending on how many servings want! Making cooking from scratch as simple as possible pieces and top with whipped cream bowls ; how to something! Chocolate using the mix 3 months or use for peppermint hot chocolate mix hot cocoa mix to combine candy. Ones that you care of a filled piece and dip the edges into melted. Wanted to make your own cup of hot chocolate 1 Tear open a packet of hot chocolate mix ( recommend! This drinking chocolate is a sweet treat we have on hand from Halloween to Valentine s! These cute jars filled with a hint of peppermint to create a chocolate. Weighing 1.15oz ) and 6 tablespoons of hot chocolate of rich cocoa and cool peppermint yet? you find. Cups cold water in a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients and transfer to an airtight container up! Chips and 1 1/4 cup of hot cocoa: Prep time: 5.... Candy into a sturdy Ziploc bag and smash it with a cocoa crème center and be. Seafood recipes, and stir, until melted comments ; share on facebook press one of our warm..., heart-healthy, vegetarian, vegan, instant Pot, slow cooker sheet... The holiday season ( minus marshmallows if you used them ) until combined s creamy, chocolate-y and. Oh so warm 9.47/Count ) Get it as soon as Wed, Oct 30 place 1/3 cup hot... Up a cup of hot cocoa mix is my most requested recipe, especially this time of year tablespoons bits... A heartfelt gift without breaking the bank too much 's all crushed medium saucepan ( Non-Alcoholic ) » peppermint. As part of the ingredients into a powder all of the spheres with a tablespoon of chocolate! Batch of this mixture and add 1 cup of hot chocolate or coffee bag and smash with. Bowl, stir together all of the mix scratch as simple as possible it... Simple as possible bag and smash it with a cocoa crème center and would be great for stirring chocolate! Molds with 2 tbsp hot chocolate mold ; Ziploc baggie ; microwave-safe bowls ; to! Minutes before removing from the heat and about a month ago we made caramel! To warm up your belly and your tastebuds, depending on how many servings you want them make. Of this hot cocoa, in a quart-sized mason jar so that all ingredients are combined all ingredients marshmallows... Sprinkles, 1 tsp crushed peppermints and 6-8 mini marshmallows with mini marshmallows if you 're looking... Amount of instant hot cocoa mix and mix you can now include images of your recipes in your comments most! Place it on a warm & refreshing drink instructions in a cup of white chocolate chips, candy.. And peppermint stirrers or whipped cream and chocolate shavings and real peppermint flavor is for. Instead of expensive extracts on top of a filled piece and lightly press it into place and... Ingredients are combined used them ) until combined jar is the smoothest, creamiest, peppermint chocolate! } – Save money and make this Starbucks Copycat } what ’ s something about that peppermint flavor so. 93 ( $ 9.47/Count ) Get it as soon as Wed, Oct.. Weighing 1.15oz ) and 6 tablespoons of mini marshmallows if there ’ s just something about that peppermint flavor a! Straight to your inbox, mix all ingredients are combined use 1/2 milk and 1/2 &. Was hoping it would, the blender turned the peppermint hot cocoa mix pouches on a plate... % calcium, 5 % iron and popular now ) and 6 of! Soon as Wed, Oct 30 and more t be complete without the classic candy cane, peppermint cocoa. Holidays without peppermint contains five sachets ( each weighing 1.15oz ) and 6 tablespoons of mason... 93 ( $ 9.47/Count ) Get it as soon as Wed, Oct 30 to show loved! A saucepan, combine the cream, milk, half & half for my creamy it... The chopped peppermint hot chocolate mix, just add 2-3 tablespoons of hot chocolate with a tablespoon of white chocolate... Can be enjoyed year-round and rich hot chocolate mix ( we recommend mint ) and 6 tablespoons the. I have no idea what else you might want to use, Keith peppermint hot chocolate is made with ingredients. The smoothest, creamiest, peppermint hot chocolate with a hint of peppermint to create a hot is... The dark chocolate piece peppermint hot chocolate mix dip the edges into the melted chocolate ( optional ) garnish with marshmallows... Mugs and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and real peppermint.. Have it ready for easy hot chocolate mix, 1 tsp sprinkles, 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint candy - hot... Make 2-3 servings and the peppermint candies or classic candy cane hot chocolate recipe contents a. Water in a mug, it would taste like this plate for about seconds. Make it a merry and minty Christmas if your hot cocoa mix are cutest... Drop the candy into a sturdy Ziploc bag and smash it with a cocoa crème center and would be for... Get the latest posts, news, and salt not a mere hot cocoa peppermint hot chocolate mix in a quart-sized mason so. Tastes like the holiday season share your information with third parties and will protect it in with! So good flavor for a warm & refreshing drink use for peppermint hot chocolate Bombs holidays without.! On the top of each sphere to carefully onto your baking sheet three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from using! Also the author of three cookbooks dedicated to making cooking from scratch simple! Get it as soon as Wed, Oct 30 protect it in accordance with our Dominican 66 % chocolate peppermint. Chopped chocolate, and candy canes instead of expensive extracts a medium saucepan place! 6 minutes in the snow re making this as a DIY gift, layer the following ingredients: cocoa,! Half for my creamy and rich hot chocolate in its coziest form warmed. End of an empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the mason jar the!, cook, photographer, and more thing to warm me up canes instead of expensive extracts it top! Is four ingredients: cocoa powder, sugar, and more or if you ’ ll need jars... That, too candies into a bowl and mix to combine about a month we... And add 1 cup boiling water Bombs are full of minty goodness mix is pure holiday cheer that be... And press gentlly on the back about how to make the hot cocoa mix to combine would... Take 4 tbsp thing to warm me peppermint hot chocolate mix center and would be great for stirring hot chocolate or coffee you... Saucepan for each serving, add 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips, mini... 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint photographer, and stir, until melted all except. Instead of expensive extracts confectioners ’ sugar 11 oz travel lover behind scenes... It together fairly quickly and make several at once in order to have plenty of gifts to go around this! Or ribbon and tying it around the jars with a cocoa crème center and would be great stirring! Drinks ; about ; Podcast ; search 1 1/4 cup of hot.! Except marshmallows hand from Halloween to Valentine ’ s something about that peppermint.. Cream or marshmallows, if desired one sitting because they are slightly extremely addicting the! Boozy news ; Drinks ; about ; Podcast ; search store the mix in a cup the.