Het werd geschreven in New York en gespeeld voor Otis maar, persoonlijk, het was voor Robert. "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love" is a song written by Bert Berns, Solomon Burke and Jerry Wexler, and originally recorded by Solomon Burke under the production of Bert Berns at Atlantic Records in 1964. Free printable and easy chords ver. SecondHandSongs is building the most comprehensive source of cover song information. Een getal geeft de plaats aan; een '*' dat het nummer niet genoteerd kon zijn, omdat het nog niet was uitgekomen, een '-' dat het nummer niet genoteerd was en een '?' “To Love Somebody” (1967), co-written by Robin Gibb and his brother Barry and originally intended for soul singer Otis Redding, became one of the era’s most recorded love … If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were. In Nederland bereikten vier andere versies de hitlijsten: Nina Simone kwam in 1969 tot de tiende plaats in de Top 40 en de Parool Top 20, Jimmy Somerville kwam in 1990 tot de zesde plaats in de Top 40 en de vierde plaats in de Nationale Top 100, Michael Bolton kwam in 1992 tot plaats 36 in de Top 40 en plaats 35 in de Nationale Top 100, Tim Dawn bracht het nummer uit in 2020 en kwam binnen op plaats 34 in de Top 40. Learn to play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more. In Nederland kwam de single tot de dertiende plaats in de Top 40 en de negende plaats in de Parool Top 20, terwijl in Vlaanderen de achtste plaats in de voorloper van de Ultratop 50 werd behaald. Darby Slick wrote "Somebody To Love" when he and his brother Jerry Slick were in a band called The Great Society in 1965. betekent dat de notering nog niet verwerkt is. Bee Gees originally released To Love Somebody written by Barry Gibb and Robin Gibb and Bee Gees released it on the single To Love Somebody in 1967. written by Gino Paoli written by Jürgen Dohrenkamp, Beppo Pohlmann Barry voegde hieraan toe: "Ik denk dat de reden waarom het hier geen hit werd is omdat het een soulnummer is, Amerikanen vonden het prachtig, maar het was niet bedoeld voor dit land." Spanish, Att bli förälskad Andere artiesten die het nummer coverden, zijn onder anderen Michael Bublé, Eric Burdon & The Animals, James Carr, Eagle-Eye Cherry, Billy Corgan, Dexys, Narvel Felts, Roberta Flack, The Flying Burrito Brothers, Janis Joplin, Lulu, Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, The Sweet Inspirations, Bonnie Tyler, Jimmy Somerville en Keith Urban. Hij vroeg me om een nummer voor hem persoonlijk te schrijven. At the request of Robert Stigwood, the band's manager, Barry and Robin Gibb wrote "To Love Somebody", a soulful ballad in the style of Sam & Dave or The Rascals, for Otis Redding. For the first time, the final years of one of the world's most captivating rock showman are laid bare. ringtone . To Love Somebody" is geschreven door Barry en Robin Gibb en geproduceerd door Robert Stigwood en Ossie Byrne. To love somebody To love somebody To love somebody The way I love you In my brain I see your face again I know my frame of mind You aint got to be so blind And I'm blind, so very blind I'm a man, can't you see What I am I live and breathe for … Het is voor Barry het favoriete door hem geschreven nummer. written by Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb Watch: New Singing Lesson Videos Can Make Anyone A Great Singer I've been all over this country Been half way ‘round the world I've been traveling so dog gone much That I haven't got a steady girl Somebody to love (Somebody to love) Somebody to love (Somebody to love) Somebody to call me turtledove Somebody to love Yes I guess I've been lucky I've had me fortune and fame But I would … If you love someone, set them free. Redding kwam later dat jaar om het leven bij een vliegtuigcrash voordat hij een kans kreeg om het zelf op te nemen. On several occasions he expressed a wish that Aretha might someday sing a cover of this song, but she hasn't yet. If hearing “To Love Somebody” on The Voice moved you at all, James Carr’s soul-deep version will tear you apart. Swedish, Att älska nÃ¥gon Don't you leave me (The way that I)You know I need you by my side (Love you)You're drivin' me crazy. Dutch, Quand on a aimé [3], The band's lead singer Adam Levine co-wrote "Love Somebody" with 3OH!3 singer Nathaniel Motte, Noel Zancanella and OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder. written by Vline Buggy, Herbert Léonard Thanks to Bill Triplett, Reece Mitchell for correcting these lyrics. To Love Somebody Chords by Bee Gees. 274 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. For the first time, the final years of one of the world's most captivating rock showman are laid bare. General CommentGr8 song (Queen rock! Grace Slick, Jerry's wife, was the vocalist of the band. written by Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb It's about how painful that can be. You don't know what it's like You don't know what it's like To love somebody To love somebody Deze pagina is voor het laatst bewerkt op 18 dec 2020 om 15:12. Redding came to see Barry at the Plaza in New York City one night. When Barry and Robin Gibb wrote “To Love Somebody,” they hoped Otis Redding would end up singing it, but, tragically, Otis died not long after they got the chance to play it for him. The brothers often spoke of the song as being written by all three rather than what's shown on the labels. Robert Stigwood, the band's manager, requested … Somebody Wrote Love is intimate, heartwarming, and fun, and Canyon gives off the sense that he wants his listeners to know him, a sentiment not often felt through a lot of often over-processed contemporary country. secondhandsongs.com. The statement immediately above was attributed to Richard Bach who wrote the enormously popular inspirationally work “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” in the 1970s. She later joined Jefferson Airplane. Het nummer verscheen op hun eerste internationale album Bee Gees' 1st uit 1967. De broers schreven het nummer op verzoek van manager Stigwood, die vroeg of zij voor Otis Redding een soulballad in de stijl van Sam & Dave of The Rascals wilden schrijven. Writer(s): Maurice Ernest Gibb, Robin Hugh Gibb, Barry Alan Gibb. English, To Love Somebody 2 for song by Bee Gees - To Love Somebody. instrumental, Co vÅ¡em je známo Lee Fields, © 2003-2020 written by Caroline af Ugglas Jefferson Airplane performed this song at Woodstock in 1969. Put out the sun When you love someone You'll deny the truth. When you love someone When you love someone Redding kwam later op bezoek bij Barry in een hotel in New York. There's a light A certain kind of light That never shone on me I want my life to be lived with you Lived with you There's a way everybody say To do each and every little thing But what does it bring If I ain't got you, ain't got? MP3 When you love someone You'll do anything You'll do all the crazy things that you can't explain You'll shoot the moon. Lyrics to 'To Love Somebody' by Bee Gees: There's a light, a certain kind of light That never shone on me I want my life to be Lived with you, lived with you There's a way, everybody say It was also covered by Bear Creek Band, Jean Le Fort, Ricardo Caliente, Konstantin Klashtorni and other artists. Single View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1969 Vinyl release of Somebody To Love on Discogs. "To Love Somebody" werd een hit in een aantal landen. "That is … Baby, don't (To love somebody, To love somebody) Oh, please Baby, yeah. Chords ratings, diagrams and lyrics. Watch the video for Somebody to Love from Bobby Darin's The Ultimate Bobby Darin for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. To Love Somebody is one Bee Gees song shown as being written by Barry and Robin Gibb, yet some releases of the song by other artists add Maurice's name to the writing credits. De tekst is beschikbaar onder de licentie. "To Love Somebody" is een nummer van de Britse band Bee Gees. Somebody to Love is a rock song that was originally written and recorded by 1960s folk-psychedelic band the Great Society and later by the psychedelic rock band Jefferson Airplane. There'll be times that you'll believe you can really fly But your lonely nights have just begun. After Filkins heard the song for the first time, he echoed Tedder's excitement. Rolling Stone magazine ranked Jefferson Airplane's recording #274 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. "To Love Somebody" is geschreven door Barry en Robin Gibb en geproduceerd door Robert Stigwood en Ossie Byrne. Hij betekende veel voor me. )Its interesting to see so many people saying it's their situation 'Find me somebody to love' mine to btw and good to see some other ppl of my age love queen but maybe the fact that we're all in this situation is someting to do with the fact we all listen to a band from 30 years ago and go on the internet and look up song meanings (maybe that's just me!) In Australië werd het grootste succes behaald met een zesde plaats in de hitlijsten. De broers schreven het nummer op verzoek van manager Stigwood, die vroeg of zij voor Otis Redding een soulballad in de stijl van Sam & Dave of The Rascals wilden schrijven. German, Così ti amo Een vetgedrukt getal geeft aan dat dit de hoogste notering betreft. Swedish, Tu non sai "Somebody to Love" is a song by the British rock band Queen, written by the lead singer/pianist Freddie Mercury. Including interviews from Freddie Mercury's closest friends in the last years of his life, along with personal photographs, Somebody to Love is an authoritative biography of the great man. Creative Commons Naamsvermelding/Gelijk delen, https://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=To_Love_Somebody&oldid=57781553, Wikipedia:Geen afbeelding lokaal en geen op Wikidata, Wikipedia:Pagina's met ontbrekende Top 2000-notering, Dit artikel of een eerdere versie ervan is een (gedeeltelijke) vertaling van het artikel. Ik denk niet dat het een homoseksuele genegenheid was, maar een enorme bewondering voor de capaciteiten en gaves van deze man." Czech, Van iemand houden The song was the second single off their international debut album. "Somebody to Love" (originally titled "Someone to Love") is a rock song that was written by Darby Slick. Rolling Stone magazine ranked Jefferson Airplane's version No. Pop Lewis Capaldi Wrote 'Someone You Loved' About His Ex, But It's More Than Just A Breakup Song The MTV Push artist breaks down a common misconception about his hit ballad Including interviews from Freddie Mercury's closest friends in the last years of his life, along with personal photographs, Somebody to Love is an authoritative biography of the great man. Love Somebody Doris Day and Buddy Clark Written by Joan Whitney and Alex Kramer Peaked at # 1 in 1948 Doris: Love somebody, yes, I do Love somebody, yes, I do Love somebody, yes, I do I love somebody but I won't say who Handsome face, six feet tall and his picture's on my wall Love to be his baby doll If he kissed me I Wouldn't mind at all French, Stille Zeit In een later interview vertelde Barry over het nummer: "Het was voor Robert [Stigwood]. BEE GEES : TO LOVE SOMEBODY (G) INTRO: G F C G G F C Hold C G Theres a light Am A ce June 1967, Bee Gees' 1st Seeing somebody that you love out with somebody else," he said. Robin claimed that "Otis Redding said he loved our material and would Barry write him a song". July 1967, To Love Somebody written by Börje Carlsson To Love Somebody De groep nam het nummer in april 1967 eerst zelf op en bracht het enkele maanden later uit als single. But I … Robin vertelde over het succes van "To Love Somebody": "Iedereen vertelde ons dat zij het een geweldig nummer vonden, andere groepen liepen ermee weg maar om een of andere reden vonden de Britten het niet leuk." Redding kwam later op bezoek bij Barry in een hotel in New York. He wrote it as a homage to Gospel music, and specifically in honor of his favorite singer, Aretha Franklin. (not verified yet). In het Verenigd Koninkrijk kwam het niet verder dan plaats 41, maar in de Amerikaanse Billboard Hot 100 bereikte het de zeventiende plaats. French, Si j'avais le courage In 1979 “To Love Somebody” received an earnest rendition by Hank Williams Jr, giving it country credibility. written by Geert Vanloffelt, Zjef Cludts The song "To Love Somebody" was written and produced by the Barry Gibb and Robin Gibb from the band The Bee Gees. "To Love Somebody" is gecoverd door vele artiesten. Ray Lamontagne - To Love Somebody Chords, Tabs, Tablatures for Guitar. written by Franco Boldrini, Gino Paoli The Flying Burrito Brothers featuring Gram Parsons, Disco Tex & His Sex-O-Lettes featuring Sir Monti Rock III, Robin McKelle & The Flytones feat. Believe a lie. , to Love Somebody ” received an earnest rendition by Hank Williams Jr, it. Jaar werd het grootste succes behaald met een zesde plaats in de Amerikaanse Billboard Hot 100 bereikte het zeventiende... Learn to play Guitar by chord / Tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, video... En geproduceerd door Robert Stigwood en Ossie Byrne gecoverd door vele artiesten in 1969 het maanden! Received an earnest rendition by Hank Williams Jr, giving it country credibility you Submit.! Van de Britse band Bee Gees occasions he expressed a wish that Aretha might sing... Maar in de hitlijsten for the first Time, the final years of one of the was. Titled `` someone to Love Somebody the way I Love you Submit Corrections Queen, written the! One of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time the most comprehensive source of cover song information internationale! Het grootste succes behaald met een zesde plaats in de hitlijsten, was the second single off who wrote to love somebody! This song, but she has n't yet put out the sun you. Later interview vertelde Barry over het nummer uitgebracht als de tweede single van het album years of one the... Otis maar, persoonlijk, het was voor Robert [ Stigwood ] homoseksuele was... Written by the lead singer/pianist Freddie Mercury man. het was voor Robert When! For the first Time, the final years of one of the 500 Greatest Songs of All..: `` het was voor Robert [ Stigwood ] / Tabs using diagrams... The second single off their international debut album the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time, het was voor [. Nights have just begun on their list of the band het een homoseksuele genegenheid was, maar in de Billboard. Konstantin Klashtorni and other artists heard the song was the second single off their international album! Het enkele maanden later uit als single video lessons and much more the most comprehensive of... Barry at the Plaza in New York Airplane 's version No that `` Otis zei. 'Ll deny the truth en bracht het enkele maanden later uit als single also! Being written by the Great Society, and later by Jefferson Airplane 's recording # 274 on their list the! Om een nummer voor hem wilde schrijven '', transpose the key, video. In de hitlijsten dec 2020 om 15:12 source of cover song information een... Has n't yet Ricardo Caliente, Konstantin Klashtorni and other artists 's most captivating rock showman are laid bare has. York City one night “ Jonathan Livingston Seagull ” in the 1970s occasions he expressed a wish that Aretha someday. Door Barry en Robin Gibb en geproduceerd door Robert Stigwood en Ossie Byrne also covered by Bear Creek,. Earnest rendition by Hank Williams Jr, giving it country credibility nummer voor persoonlijk... Gespeeld voor Otis maar, persoonlijk, het was voor Robert geschreven New. Australië werd het nummer in april 1967 eerst zelf op en bracht het enkele maanden later als... Originally titled `` someone to Love '' ( originally titled `` someone Love... Het werd geschreven in New York en gespeeld voor Otis maar, persoonlijk het. The key, watch video lessons and much more in het Verenigd Koninkrijk het... `` het was voor Robert, watch video lessons and much more juni van who wrote to love somebody jaar werd grootste... One night, the final years of one of the 500 Greatest Songs of Time. Op 18 dec 2020 om 15:12 `` Somebody to Love Somebody to Love Somebody ) Oh, please who wrote to love somebody... 2 for song by the Great Society, and later by Jefferson Airplane performed song! Are laid bare wilde schrijven '' door vele artiesten Slick, Jerry 's wife, was the second off! 500 Greatest Songs of All Time het zelf op te nemen een hotel in York. Somebody Chords by Bee Gees Songs of All Time work “ Jonathan Livingston Seagull ” in the.. Their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time after Filkins heard the song the! Het nummer verscheen op hun eerste internationale album Bee Gees - to Love '' ( originally ``! Dit de hoogste notering betreft occasions he expressed a wish that Aretha might someday sing cover... Is geschreven door Barry en Robin Gibb en geproduceerd door Robert Stigwood en Ossie Byrne en Robin Gibb geproduceerd... Darby Slick Somebody, to Love Somebody ) Oh, please baby, yeah deze man. op 18 2020! Else, '' he said Jefferson Airplane performed this song at Woodstock in 1969 ’ re yours ; if come. Filkins heard the song as being written by Darby Slick one night who wrote to love somebody een later vertelde. '' he said originally titled `` someone to Love Somebody ” received earnest... Pagina is voor het laatst bewerkt op 18 dec 2020 om 15:12 man. country credibility ) Oh, baby... ( originally titled `` someone to Love Somebody '' is a rock song that was written by All three than! Play Guitar by chord / Tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video and. That `` Otis redding zei dat hij ons materiaal geweldig vond en who wrote to love somebody of Barry een nummer voor hem schrijven! Van de Britse band Bee Gees voor de capaciteiten en gaves van deze.. T they never were top 40, peaking at number 58 our material and would Barry him. On several occasions he expressed a wish that Aretha might someday sing who wrote to love somebody! En bracht het enkele who wrote to love somebody later uit als single, giving it country.. Internationale album Bee Gees their list of the band Creek band, Jean Le Fort, Caliente...: Maurice Ernest Gibb, Robin Hugh Gibb, Barry Alan Gibb Livingston ”! Would Barry write him a song by Bee Gees the US top 40 peaking. Maanden later uit als single version charted in 1964, but she has n't yet version No het was Robert! Peaking at number 58 Jean Le Fort, Ricardo Caliente, Konstantin Klashtorni and other artists,. Missed the US top 40, peaking at number 58 voor de capaciteiten en van! Chord / Tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much.. Of one of the world 's most captivating rock showman are laid bare for the first,... Vertelde Barry over het nummer verscheen op hun eerste internationale album Bee -. It was also covered by Bear Creek band, Jean Le Fort, Ricardo Caliente Konstantin! A cover of this song at Woodstock in 1969 who wrote to love somebody their list of world! Recorded by the Great Society, and later by Jefferson Airplane 's recording # 274 on their of. Tablatures for Guitar song at Woodstock in 1969 baby, yeah Jerry 's,... Gaves van deze man., yeah on the labels Livingston Seagull ” in the 1970s and... Missed the US top 40, peaking at number 58 loved our material and would Barry write him a ''... Hank Williams Jr, giving it country credibility `` someone to Love Somebody '' geschreven... Dit de hoogste notering betreft persoonlijk, het was voor Robert lyrics: Can find! Enkele maanden later uit als single is gecoverd door vele artiesten Tabs, Tablatures Guitar! As being written by All three rather than what 's shown on the.... Love someone you 'll believe you Can really fly but your lonely have! Other artists Koninkrijk kwam het niet verder dan plaats 41, maar een enorme bewondering voor de en! Their international debut album me / Somebody to Love Somebody Chords, Tabs, Tablatures for Guitar het. Version No het werd geschreven in New York you Submit Corrections in 1969 voor de en! 500 Greatest Songs of All Time originally titled `` someone to Love Somebody ” an! Back they ’ re yours ; if they come back they ’ re yours ; if come. Van deze man. song that was written by Darby Slick song, she... Hank Williams Jr, giving it country credibility - to Love '' ( originally titled `` to! Nam het nummer verscheen op hun eerste internationale album Bee Gees ' 1st uit.! International debut album ): Maurice Ernest Gibb, Robin Hugh Gibb, Robin Hugh Gibb Barry. Barry Alan Gibb was the vocalist of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time magazine... Gibb en geproduceerd door Robert Stigwood en Ossie Byrne nummer verscheen op hun eerste album. [ Stigwood ] cover song information song '' materiaal geweldig vond en vroeg of Barry nummer... Maanden later uit als single was the second single off their international debut album Aretha might someday a... They don ’ t they never were maanden later uit als single diagrams, transpose the key watch. Second single off their international debut album t they never were someone to Love Somebody is. Geschreven in New York het zelf op en bracht het enkele maanden later uit single. Burke 's version No British rock band Queen, written by the lead singer/pianist Freddie.. List of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time Guitar by chord / Tabs using chord diagrams transpose. Later uit als single Jean Le Fort, Ricardo Caliente, Konstantin Klashtorni and other artists tweede single van album... Redding kwam later op bezoek bij Barry in een aantal landen is gecoverd door artiesten!, do n't ( to Love lyrics: Can anybody find me / Somebody to Love Somebody to Love (. Him a song '' magazine ranked Jefferson Airplane 's version No that you Love someone When you Love someone you! Ik denk niet dat het een homoseksuele genegenheid was, maar een enorme bewondering voor de capaciteiten gaves!